Wallie987

Caterpillar Cave

Here you go! The words might be a bit small, I can fix it if you want. I might make more, maybe an animated one. It's a bit small overall, sorry.

user posted image

Edited by KoalaNoob

Here you go! The words might be a bit small, I can fix it if you want. I might make more, maybe an animated one. It's a bit small overall, sorry.

user posted image

Can't see it. tongue.gif

Ugh, that happens to some people randomly. I'll try it from a different site and see if it works then. Here:

user posted image

Ugh, that happens to some people randomly. I'll try it from a different site and see if it works then. Here:

user posted image

xd.png It's so cute! biggrin.gif Okay, I'll get this up on the first post and probably a site page later...

Oh, and you can use site images for these banners with my permission... just don't steal them (you know what I mean). :3

Thanks!

Did I steal something there? The white caterpillar is meant to be slightly like Wallie, and I shrank him for the lines. unsure.gif

Edited by KoalaNoob

Thanks!

Did I steal something there? The white caterpillar is meant to be slightly like Wallie, and I shrank him for the lines.  unsure.gif

Nope. :3 As long as you don't go around screaming "Look what I drew/came up with!", I don't count it as stealing. But really, I shouldn't see these images anywhere else other than the site and banners and... and... hmmm, I'll have to see what pops up I guess.

Edit: Okay, how about this: I will not tolerate seeing them anywhere else. These are legally copyrighted...

I don't know why anyone would want to steal my terrible art, but just don't. :3

Edited by Wallie987

Basically, it's okay as long as we're using it on your site, advertising your site, or with your permission?

Basically, it's okay as long as we're using it on your site, advertising your site, or with your permission?

Yes, I could have been more clear with that. I may have to update that general rule with the passing of time though. However, I can't seem to be able to come up with any other situations that require more than common sense.

Because there really aren't any. Saying it's fanart is fine, saying it's your own idea isn't. Pretty much all there is to it, right now. Although, the use of linked banners could really help promote your site when on other forums :c

Sorry, mine isn't linked. I'm terrible with coding, but I think it's adding the page in front of the image code, and wrapping it with the thing.

Because there really aren't any. Saying it's fanart is fine, saying it's your own idea isn't. Pretty much all there is to it, right now. Although, the use of linked banners could really help promote your site when on other forums :c

Sorry, mine isn't linked. I'm terrible with coding, but I think it's adding the page in front of the image code, and wrapping it with the thing.

I'll do that for you! :3

Thanks!

Are there any other banner designs you want? I don't mind doing them, since I have so much free time :c

Also for the site itself, maybe there could be a text interaction thing with your caterpillars? Like talking or playing with them every day, and then having them bond with you more? It'd bring more attachment between the player and their pets than collect. Collect more. Be rich. Collect everything. It'd be really nice to have a couple caterpillars who love you and want to hug you all the time. :3

Thanks!

Are there any other banner designs you want? I don't mind doing them, since I have so much free time :c

Also  for the site itself, maybe there could be a text interaction thing with your caterpillars? Like talking or playing with them every day, and then having them bond with you more? It'd bring more attachment between the player and their pets than collect. Collect more. Be rich. Collect everything. It'd be really nice to have a couple caterpillars who love you and want to hug you all the time. :3

My biggest dream would be to have animated caterpillars you can actually train with your mouse and tickle them... but I know that that can't happen anytime soon. sad.gif

However, I MIGHT be able to do something for the pet in the pet spotlight where the pet has a new message for you everytime to refresh. O.o

Note: I'm currently working on the trade center and daycare.

Edited by Wallie987

My biggest dream would be to have animated caterpillars you can actually train with your mouse and tickle them... but I know that that can't happen anytime soon. sad.gif

However, I MIGHT be able to do something for the pet in the pet spotlight where the pet has a new message for you everytime to refresh. O.o

Note: I'm currently working on the trade center and daycare.

YES. THAT WOULD BE AMAZING. A nice thing to add IMO, would be that your caterpillar talks depending on how you raised them. And their stats contribute to personality too. Example, if you disciplined them too much during training, they would start to resent you a little.

Edit: My name still appears a lot on the users list even though I opened all the links using the Iframe.

Edited by Melomancer

Why don't you have it so that the caterpillar and you can have some text-based fun for now? From what I've seen in other sites, it works wonderfully!

Also, to make the site more engaging, maybe you could add choose your own adventure type games? I don't think they're too hard to code (just make pages, then link them) and it'd be lots of fun to go on an epic journey with a pet caterpillar. (And I'd love to write a story for that xP))

I spotted an error, you put the description for the Ice cream caterpillar as the description for the Gummy GP In the library.

Hey Melomancer, if you're willing to help with library typos, there's actually a thread at the caterpillar cave forums for that. Could you make an account and post there? It makes it easier since I'm organizing the editing library project.

Okay, I'll see what kind of coding work I can get done tomorrow.

Now, I'm going to have to do a bit of work with javascript to do games, but I can try once I get everything else settled. For now, I'm off to bed!

Edited by Wallie987

Hey Melomancer, if you're willing to help with library typos, there's actually a thread at the caterpillar cave forums for that. Could you make an account and post there? It makes it easier since I'm organizing the editing library project.

Will do!

edit: This is ominous... I think the Forum is plotting to kill me..

user posted image

Edited by Melomancer

Thanks, Melomancer ^^

Also, another suggestion, could you add the national library as one of the links under "explore"? It's fairly important, and makes getting there much easier.

ALL OF THEM?!

That's seriously impressive, gotta go see this.

Edited by KoalaNoob

ALL OF THEM?!

That's seriously impressive, gotta go see this.

Thanks! biggrin.gif

I updated the daycare so it only shows pets you haven't clicked! However, I haven't been able to confirm that is works... can anyone who has clicked a lot check for me?

I'll be attempting to update the trade center next!

Edited by Wallie987