zaverxi

Yellow Undine theories!

http://dragcave.net/lineage/LtuKz :3

So far I still have more 2nd gen yellows than green!

You're lucky, then - I've got 4 yellow 2nd gens, and 8 green ones, plus two green 3rd-gens. The last yellow one was born a week ago.

edit: As of now, it's nine green 2nd gens vs. 4 yellow ones...

Edited by Fly-by-Night

Does anyone know the best way to get a Yellow Undine at this point? All I've gotten are complete and utter failures (Greens) from my 2nd gens. ANY tips at all would be appreciated. I have stuff to trade, but that's in the Dragon Trading thread and no one seems to be interested.

Out of curiosity, would a CB Ice+3x 2nd gen Greens be worth a Yellow Undine? No, I am not trying to trade. I'm trying to figure out if Trios and Green 2nd gens are even worth anything at all or if the Yellow Undine people only want CB metals again.

Edited by Yunako

In about 10 hours - I'll find out what color my other Undine egg will be

My 2nd Gens all went Yellow...

A 3rd Gen from mixed parents went Green (lineage)

And I have one egg that is purebred due to hatch tomorrow morning (lineage)

Though an interesting thing - I did not use any sort of 'magic' (Influence/incubate) on the Mixed...nor have I used any on the PB.

though I believe the theory that actions done on the egg affect the color has been debunked, right?

Does anyone know the best way to get a Yellow Undine at this point? All I've gotten are complete and utter failures (Greens) from my 2nd gens. ANY tips at all would be appreciated. I have stuff to trade, but that's in the Dragon Trading thread and no one seems to be interested.

Out of curiosity, would a CB Ice+3x 2nd gen Greens be worth a Yellow Undine? No, I am not trying to trade. I'm trying to figure out if Trios and Green 2nd gens are even worth anything at all or if the Yellow Undine people only want CB metals again.

I'm not sure why you are complaining you have a load of yellows on your scroll.

I'm not sure why you are complaining you have a load of yellows on your scroll.

Agreed, I counted 14. Also some of those on your scroll are 2nd Gen PB... blink.gif I really have no issue with the amount you have but it doesn't seem fair to complain you don't have any when there are some people that actually don't have any at all.

While I'm posting I might as well report mine and my Mums breeding results so far.

I have 8 CB pairs which all but one came from the Forest biome. I have attempted 12 Breedings from these pairs so far which resulted in:

3 Refusals

4 No Egg Produced

3 Unhatched Eggs

4 Green PB 2nd Gens

1 Yellow PB 2nd Gen

I also bred two of my 2nd Gens but got No Egg Produced.

My Mum has got 10 CB undines of which 6 are matured. Again, all but one of hers came from the Forest. She has had 3 breeding attempts which has resulted in:

2 Unhatched Eggs

1 Green PB 2nd Gen

Hopefully some of the unhatched eggs that we have will Alt. I was a little bit late to the drop and my Mum was even later so it seems we missed the flood of yellows. If I remember I will post an update with how the eggs hatch.

Bred three more PBs today... fingers crossed for yellows!

Last week my breeding attempts only produced two eggs (and lots of refusals), the PB went green and the 2G with silver mother went yellow... which is backwards to what I was hoping for, d'oh!! The yellow doesn't really look great with silver lineage dry.gif but since it is my only yellow one so far he stays!

Keep trying.

For the Alt Undine

I will gladly keep this one this one unless someone wants to offer CB Gold for it

This seems to be the only way. This is from an ACTUAL TRADE, btw. The only way I will ever get even one more yellow is if I catch a CB Gold. I really didn't want to have to stay up til 4am just to get a CB Gold so I can trade it for a yellow undine. dry.gif

My 2nd batch of 6 eggs ALL hatched green. Is this a glitch? Is something wrong with my scroll? Am I PERSONALLY doing something wrong? Breeding them with the wrong mates? Please, please help! sad.gif

These are my favorite dragons ever released (they have even surpassed normal Black dragons) and I don't know why I'm cursed to only hatch greens from now on. ><

It's not really complaining, I just REALLY do not understand how so many people get SO many yellows SO easily. I just want to know HOW they are managing it.

This seems to be the only way. This is from an ACTUAL TRADE, btw. The only way I will ever get even one more yellow is if I catch a CB Gold. I really didn't want to have to stay up til 4am just to get a CB Gold so I can trade it for a yellow undine. dry.gif

My 2nd batch of 6 eggs ALL hatched green. Is this a glitch? Is something wrong with my scroll? Am I PERSONALLY doing something wrong? Breeding them with the wrong mates? Please, please help! sad.gif

These are my favorite dragons ever released (they have even surpassed normal Black dragons) and I don't know why I'm cursed to only hatch greens from now on. ><

It's not really complaining, I just REALLY do not understand how so many people get SO many yellows SO easily. I just want to know HOW they are managing it.

It's just like alt blacks and alt vines chill out it's LUCK how many times do people got to tell you that? Stop asking because you're going to keep getting the same answer you're aren't doing anything wrong just keep trying...If these were really your favorite dragon like you say you wouldn't care if they just hatched green from now on

Nothing is wrong and whoever is asking for a CB Gold needs to re-learn values cause not even an Alt Black or Vine go for a CB Metal sleep.gif.

You are just unlucky. Keep trying ratios must be getting back into order.

I saw how many Yellow Undines you have on your scroll. I Should be complaining since I only have 5 and no more. xd.png

You just need very good luck since they seem to be random unless someone else knows something.

Please do stop asking, it is getting annoying. People will keep saying the same thing. I am pretty sure people are tired of saying the same thing over and over again :/ You will get more someday.

Edited by lollipop00

@Yunako

I think it's just the wave of success from the initial release? .-. Remember how everyone was getting 2G yellows when they first were able to breed? Yeahh.

Um. As for now, idk. Like others said, it's all just luck. :S I know it might be hard since you reaaaaally want another x amount, but um... at this point, I'd really try not to get suckered into trading anything too valuable for them. Just keep trying to breed! It's what I'm doing and I have a limited amount of CB ones to breed since I was a dumb and traded many of my initial ones caught within the first few days XD but still hopeful, haha!

edit: OH. and if you don't care much for the greens you keep getting, I'm sure lots of people would be happy if you gifted them :'D course you don't have to, but if you really didn't want them on your scroll, that'd be a nice way to get "rid" of them!

Edited by andromedagalaxia

It's just like alt blacks and alt vines chill out it's LUCK how many times do people got to tell you that? Stop asking because you're going to keep getting the same answer you're aren't doing anything wrong just keep trying...If these were really your favorite dragon like you say you wouldn't care if they just hatched green from now on

The YELLOWS are my favorite dragons. The GREENS are not. I don't like the color.

To lolli: Well, do you WANT more? Are these your favorite dragons?

I wasn't complaining about not having Yellows, I was complaining about how people want CB Golds for them and was just questioning why my luck had suddenly turned from bad to worse, that's all.

The greens are quite possibly my favorites, with the goldens coming in a close second. The green is just one of my favorite colors <3

1. as stated above, you have self-bred yellows, inclusing 2nd gen.

2. ever since these came out I've seen you going on about CB golds and I wonder why? breeding Undines to gold doesn't guarantee yellow offspring, and I would never trade a CB gold for a yellow undine or anything else that I can breed myself.

3. it's chance, pure and simple. it's not that people are just saying "bred yellow" to their undines, and voila! my friend bred 3 2nd gen eggs, wanted greens, got yellows, then bred more and got yellow where she wanted green, and so it goes for everyone. just remember that just becuase you see yellow on a scroll, it doesn't mean that's what was wanted.

just keep breeding, and you get what you get. it's pretty much the same as nebulas, only you get to see what it is without having to wait for gendering. talk about frustration!!!

~Removed~

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

The YELLOWS are my favorite dragons. The GREENS are not. I don't like the color.

To lolli: Well, do you WANT more? Are these your favorite dragons?

I wasn't complaining about not having Yellows, I was complaining about how people want CB Golds for them and was just questioning why my luck had suddenly turned from bad to worse, that's all.

Just do not pay attention to those people who want CB Metallics. They do not know nothing about values tongue.gif

Yes, I do want more since I do prefer yellow over green. Not my favorite No but I do wish to collect more for breeding purposes but No one wants to trade since everyone needs to get there own set first.

Everyone has bad luck sometimes, it is life.

I tried twice trading a CB Red Copper for one 2nd gen. PB Yellow Undine no bites xd.png People have been crazy about trade values though, but let us not get into the crazies.

Sorry if I did make you mad. I will end this now, we do not need to argue and we need to get back on topic.

Edited by lollipop00

A bit late to the party but I'd like to ask - do yellow Undines only come from PB or any specific breeds? Or is there an equal chance for a yellow no matter who the mate is?