zaverxi

Yellow Undine theories!

THis'll probably be a very hard lineage to continue, but I'm thinking an alternating stair step xd.png so i'll happily have this one hatch green http://dragcave.net/lineage/neQw3

I'm planning on an alternating even gen, this will be ridiculously difficult.

I'm actually hoping this turns green as well:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/dMZqV

Good luck!

Edited by Nectaris

Are there any breeding tips to get a yellow undine? Like, Undine x what other species results in the most yellows?

I'm so unbelievably upset that all of mine turned green. I was hoping so bad to get some yellows before the ratios kicked in. Then I see these people with 12 yellows on their scroll and want to kick them. Why not share with the people who have none? dry.gif

Are there any breeding tips to get a yellow undine? Like, Undine x what other species results in the most yellows?

I'm so unbelievably upset that all of mine turned green. I was hoping so bad to get some yellows before the ratios kicked in. Then I see these people with 12 yellows on their scroll and want to kick them. Why not share with the people who have none? <_<

As many have already posted, even at the top of the same page you posted on, it's just random. There are no special methods to getting the yellows other than breeding.

I'm so unbelievably upset that all of mine turned green. I was hoping so bad to get some yellows before the ratios kicked in. Then I see these people with 12 yellows on their scroll and want to kick them. Why not share with the people who have none? dry.gif

You have my yellow undines then I do...just chill you'll get one eventually its just like blacks and vines these arent going anywhere so there's no rush getting them mostly when you have CB undines..just saying good luck!

My two PB undines just hatched. One yellow, one green smile.gif (fogged for the night)

I have my EG PB green pair, but now I'm desperate for a PB Yellow. I can't find anyone willing to trade, no matter what I offer. I offered ALL of my 2nd gen greens and a PB 2nd gen Tan Ridgewing from Tan parents, which is fairly hard to get and I still couldn't get one.

Also, this is for something else entirely, are Undine alts just like black and vine alts in almost every way? Someone said they were not like Black/Vine alts and should not be treated as such, and here I've read that they are. So what the heck? Are they or are they not like black/vine alts?

My two undies just went Adult so I bred the Male to my 2nd gen female copper and got egg. Now it is playing the waiting game to see if its going to be yellow. Hope its first 2 letters are indication that it is as they are ng-- no green perhaps? biggrin.gif

Well, I bred on Undine from my GON and it hatched yellow a few minutes ago!

So, I'm gonna try again when they're off cooldown and see if I get another alt. Funny, I had a good feeling this try would produce one! C:

Alright 1 out of 7 eggs hatched yellow.. that sucks. Does anyone know yet if there are certain things to breed with to get yellow, like how the red dorsals breed with red things to get red eggs..

I bred this pair and didn't get the egg I wanted but the lineage is still kind of cool. smile.gifhttp://dragcave.net/lineage/jhTCb

Also, this is for something else entirely, are Undine alts just like black and vine alts in almost every way? Someone said they were not like Black/Vine alts and should not be treated as such, and here I've read that they are. So what the heck? Are they or are they not like black/vine alts?

As far as we know, they act just like them, so they should be treated as such.

I think that the other person might have meant that they weren't worth the same, but I believe that's mostly because they're a new dragon so they tend to be pricier. In time I can see them being worth about the same as alt Blacks/Vines.

Does anyone know yet if there are certain things to breed with to get yellow, like how the red dorsals breed with red things to get red eggs..

You can get a red dorsal from any pairing. =o

These do not seem to be mate influenced like coppers or stripes are. They're more like alt vines/blacks.

You can get a red dorsal from any pairing. =o

These do not seem to be mate influenced like coppers or stripes are. They're more like alt vines/blacks.

ahh yes that's the vibe im getting from these so far is they breed like the alt black or vines..

I've hatched 9 Undies so far, and 8 of them have been Alt. They've been bred with Golden Wyverns, Flamingos and Horses. I've had a few refuses, no interest and no eggs. I also bred two other Undies, one to a GoN (gifted) and one to a Speckled Wing (dropped in ap), both alted.

Give up and aim for greens. That usually works.... I tried to get a purple nebbie, as I was fed up with my gold x green lineage being spattered with purples.

What did I get in my newly planned line with purples ? Green, of course.

But really - getting angry won't help, and you'd be mad to offer the world for them. Patience and luck got me all the alt vines I have. That's all it takes.

Edited by fuzzbucket

a friend bred 3 to female Imps, hoping for yellow

they hatched today with 1 green and 2 yellow

just for informational purposes, in case there's a trend between breed of mate and color of hatchies.

Both of my Undines hatched green...so wanted a yellow one. But I picked up another egg from the AP, maybe it'll be yellow...hopefully.

From Undine PB breedings only I currently have two yellow adults (whom I just bred) and two yellow hatchies. Good luck maybe? I probably won't produce many more if they're indeed the alts to the CB Greens-but I'm hoping.

Bred four undines, three of which are PB and the fourth was bred with Hellfire. Exactly half of them hatched yellow, and the other half green. xd.png (I'm just glad one of the yellows was from my named undines, Nuggums and Schnookie. xd.png)

Glad I was able to get at least a couple of yellows before the ratios started leveling off. Not sure if I'll keep trying for more or not though.

D= trying to get a 2nd gen PB egg, but my two pairs refused each other! Gah! I've gotten sooooo many refusals >< last week, after growing up, they refused each other. So I tried mixing up the mates...and they refused each other! xd.png

I'll have to get brand new CBs if I want to do PB eggs apparently....the four I have are no longer compatible xd.png

EDIT

Hurray for having a decent Tinsel xd.png now i'm 3 yellow undines richer and have met my scroll goals for them ^.^

Edited by Sirithiliel