zaverxi

Yellow Undine theories!

I've hatched 9 Undies so far, and 8 of them have been Alt. They've been bred with Golden Wyverns, Flamingos and Horses. I've had a few refuses, no interest and no eggs. I also bred two other Undies, one to a GoN (gifted) and one to a Speckled Wing (dropped in ap), both alted.

Wow. Just....wow. I bred 10 and only one alted. I'm very disheartened now that I will ever get my own self-bred alt or at least enough yellows to mate together. Lucky you. Very, very luck, it appears.

What did you do to get yellows? Did you incubate them all? Use influence? What?

What did you do to get yellows? Did you incubate them all? Use influence? What?

Even if they DID use anything, once again, it does not matter. Nothing will influence them to become yellow except ratios and luck.

Even if they DID use anything, once again, it does not matter. Nothing will influence them to become yellow except ratios and luck.

Well, I wish the spriter would just come out and tell us already so we stop this line of stupid speculation. I know it's stupid, but I just have to wonder. Because I DID use magic on the ones who turned yellow and no magic on the ones who became green. Just my stupid thoughts that's all. And I have a lot of stupid thoughts. laugh.gif

-removed, please don't try to use this thread for trades-

I NEEDED that hatchie to turn yellow for an Ice checker I'm doing. dry.gif

Edited by rubyshoes

Well, I wish the spriter would just come out and tell us already so we stop this line of stupid speculation. I know it's stupid, but I just have to wonder. Because I DID use magic on the ones who turned yellow and no magic on the ones who became green. Just my stupid thoughts that's all. And I have a lot of stupid thoughts. :lol:

You didn't use magic unless you used Teleport or Expunge, and only one of those is possible with eggs. :P The other BSAs are not magic. Also, that was merely coincidence and also probably just a time when yellows were more common. Many people have already confirmed that using and not using BSAs does not influence the color in any way.

So far, since yellows are only turning up through breeding and seem to be getting less common as the days progress, it's very safe to assume they are no different than alt Blacks/Vines. Even if it is just speculation, it's speculation with evidence to back it up.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

Well, I wish the spriter would just come out and tell us already so we stop this line of stupid speculation. I know it's stupid, but I just have to wonder. Because I DID use magic on the ones who turned yellow and no magic on the ones who became green. Just my stupid thoughts that's all. And I have a lot of stupid thoughts. laugh.gif

-removed-

I NEEDED that hatchie to turn yellow for an Ice checker I'm doing. dry.gif

There is no speculation any more. They are like alt vines and alt blacks. And I am trying to make a checker with alt vines, and - well, just AND.

Try one of the trade threads instead of getting angry. You'll up your blood pressure this way.

(Actually IMHO that ice checker would look best with all greens but to each their own !)

Edited by rubyshoes

I bred my green Undines with Silver dragons and got 2 yellow Undines out of three eggs. I'm so happy! biggrin.gif

You didn't use magic unless you used Teleport or Expunge, and only one of those is possible with eggs. tongue.gif The other BSAs are not magic. Also, that was merely coincidence and also probably just a time when yellows were more common. Many people have already confirmed that using and not using BSAs does not influence the color in any way.

So far, since yellows are only turning up through breeding and seem to be getting less common as the days progress, it's very safe to assume they are no different than alt Blacks/Vines. Even if it is just speculation, it's speculation with evidence to back it up.

I won't argue with you, but my little sister DID give me one of her 2nd gen Undines and it was one that turned yellow. Either way, it was just the one, so I doubt it's like that, sadly.

And yeah, my blood pressure is up because of all these people getting yellows with each undine hatching, and me getting nothing but greens. My few yellows were GIFTS from friends.

It took me 2 years to get a black/vine alt, that's why I am worried. I don't want to take two years to get an Undine alt. I love the sprite more than I do blacks/vines.

Not that it's pertinent to the discussion, but I like your username. I love Edward Elric. Also, since we've figured out that the yellows are just alts of the greens, shouldn't they close this thread now and leave Undine discussion in the breeding thread?

Edited by Yunako

http://dragcave.net/lineage/MeAMx

Lets go third gen! biggrin.gif

Edit: I only managed 3 yellows, I had one just now hatch green so I'm pretty sure everyone who was going to get a surge of yellows, has already got them. Hoping to bolster my numbers for more mass-breeding but these are some darn-finicky breeders :c I can't breed again for a few days now.

Edited by Ashrahn

All Undines i used Magic on hatched Yellow, and the one i didn't, hatched Green.

What magic???

I used the same BSAs on all my dragons and it didn't effect anything. I think whatever you're noticing is just a coincidence.

For the record.. my last batch of 5 purebred 2nd gens were ALL incubated (as in magic) and 1 hatched gold and the other 4 were green.

Sounds random to me.

All my babies were incubated, with 3/4 coming out yellow. The 3 yellow were influenced as well with the green one not but at this point I doubt there's any super-special-cool way to get them other than get lucky with an alt.

Speculation is fun and all but people are making mountains out of molehills here. There have been some crazy theories.

There is no speculation any more. They are like alt vines and alt blacks.

You are probably (almost certainly) correct.

However, the fact that as of yet, despite being asked several times for confirmation, none of the spriters' (nor TJ himself) have come out and confirmed this.

Their continued silence makes people speculate and assume/think/hope there is something to it that's more than pure chance.

I'm not one hundred percent convinced there isn't something to still come out - and that is due to the lack of confirmation. Until we get that, speculation will continue. Maybe that's the whole point, maybe TJ wants us to go on speculating smile.gif

I'm gambling on a 3gen too. http://dragcave.net/lineage/pD1cY

I'm also in the crowd standing around waiting for the artists to make their statement about these beasts and the breeding/alting or whatever. There's been a statement from the artist about practically every other release - so what's the deal with the radio silence on this one?

For the record.. my last batch of 5 purebred 2nd gens were ALL incubated (as in magic) and 1 hatched gold and the other 4 were green.

Sounds random to me.

xd.png Except Incubate isn't magic, it's the dragon controlling the egg's temperature to produce the gender you want

I'm fairly certain they are absolutely random like Vine and Black alts ^^

What magic???

I used the same BSAs on all my dragons and it didn't effect anything. I think whatever you're noticing is just a coincidence.

Ditto. I incubate everything except shimmers and tins, and gender almost everything. I did with ALL these. So far I have 4 yellows (sadly, as they seem to be random) three are female and only one is male, but I am working on that ! and at least the non-PB is one of the girls.)

I too have a 3rd gen on the way up http://dragcave.net/lineage/ACgoM - sadly not PB as I was testing for mates to get yellows with, at the start.

xd.png Except Incubate isn't magic, it's the dragon controlling the egg's temperature to produce the gender you want

I'm fairly certain they are absolutely random like Vine and Black alts ^^

Ummm incubate isn't the GENDER influence "magic"; it warms an egg and speeds hatching !

Ummm incubate isn't the GENDER influence "magic"; it warms an egg and speeds hatching !

oops sorry, it's early morning =P But still! Incbate AND Influence aren't magic, and I'm often hearing them said they are. So we're both right! I just stated the wrong ability starting with I

Wow, my other two 2nd gen eggs also hatched yellow, that means all my five second gen eggs (all not PB) are Alts. Didn't expect that. biggrin.gif

I have a third gen egg by now, let's see how this one will turn out. smile.gif