zaverxi

Yellow Undine theories!

Maybe yellow or green is randomly selected when bred?

My first two were yellow, but the next 3 hatchies are green.

Maybe yellow or green is randomly selected when bred?

My first two were yellow, but the next 3 hatchies are green.

I think so...What I've seen so far, it looks randomly selected.

My other undies bred no egg or the wrong egg, so I gotta wait until next week to try a yellow undie again. sad.gif

Alright, jumping in with a CB Bronze Prize dragon to add to the mixing pot of theories.

I bred:

Bronze Prize x Undine = Undine Egg

Thunder x Undine = Refusal

Red Copper x Undine = Undine Egg

Turpentine x Undine = No Egg

Guardian of Nature x Undine = Undine Egg

Guardian of Nature x Undine = Undine Egg

All dragons bred were CB, I bred three female Undines and three male Undines. 3 of them are Forest, three are Mountain and the Red Copper was Mountain as well when I bred him to a Mountain Undine female.

Curious to see what exactly it takes to get these yellow Undines.

I have results now that all my eggs have hatched. I bred the rest of my CB Undines once they matured, so more than the ones listed in my original post. All dragons used were CB and I had 10 Undines; 5 male, 5 female, equally split between Forest and Mountain.

2nd gen Yellow Undines:

• Bronze Prize x Undine
  • Red Copper x Undine
  • Turpentine x Undine
  • Lumina x Undine
2nd gen Green Undines:
  • Guardian of Nature x Undine
  • Guardian of Nature x Undine
  • Speckle-Throated x Undine
Waiting for cool-down before I breed my CB Undines again. Hopefully get a nice even set of yellow Undines for my scroll. Edited by Taintedtamer

hm... I got a silver x undine and got a green undine, I saw here in the thread the same combination but with a yellow one as result...

but I saw all undine x yellow dragons (brime stone, golden wyvern, gold etc. are going to be yellow, or is there any green one out of that pairing?) Has anybody breed to turpentine yet or other yellow/golden colored dragons?

Bleugh. I'm confused on the Undine x Undine breedings. Mine first produced yellows and are now producing greens. Are there any other methods of producing the yellows? i.e. other breeds? Or is is just a crap shoot? I want more yellows but no luck after my initial ones.

but I saw all undine x yellow dragons (brime stone, golden wyvern, gold etc. are going to be yellow, or is there any green one out of that pairing?) Has anybody breed to turpentine yet or other yellow/golden colored dragons?

I don't think it's a specific pairing. It seems random.

Bleugh. I'm confused on the Undine x Undine breedings. Mine first produced yellows and are now producing greens. Are there any other methods of producing the yellows? i.e. other breeds? Or is is just a crap shoot? I want more yellows but no luck after my initial ones.

As above, it's apparently random, the yellows just needed to play catch up ratio-wise. It's assumed that they are simply breeding-only alts like Blacks and Vines.

There's no formula for producing them. You still might have better luck right now, though, as though greens are starting to show, I think yellows are still a bit common.

It is all based on luck. Now since ratios are coming back they should be like Alt Blacks and Alt Vines.

hm...are you sure about the luck theorie?

then I have bad luck smile.gif

First round no yellow ones......

hm...are you sure about the luck theorie?

then I have bad luck smile.gif

First round no yellow ones......

Very sure about the luck theory. You have to have Very good luck to win the raffle. Most of the things in Dragcave involves luck. Either luck or if ratios need to even out.

Hopefully my 2 2nd gen. Eggs hatch at least 1 yellow xd.png

It IS matter of luck. It seems to be completely random (of course, we are getting a lot of yellows probably because of the current ratios) but I've been following how many yellows my friends are getting and which pairs they are breeding and my final conclusion is: it's totally random. Enjoy the alt lottery. smile.gif

So far, I've seen 2nd gen PB Undines, and yellows with these parents:

- Red

- Bright Pink

- Brimstone

- Falconiform Wyvern

- Black

- Water

so far, I don't see much of a connection. huh.gif

My luck is absolutely VILE. There is no other word for it. Not one of my own eggs hatched yellow. NOT ONE! I knew when I first bred them that this would happen, I was just praying to the DC gods that at least one of my "batch" ended up yellow. dry.gif

- Red

- Bright Pink

- Brimstone

- Falconiform Wyvern

- Black

- Water

so far, I don't see much of a connection.  huh.gif

There is no connection. Everything is just random. You get green or yellow randomly.

Found 2 Undines in the AP both 2nd gen. and both Green. No Yellow sleep.gif

Edited by lollipop00

I tried breeding yellows with the following combos:

PB

Frostbite

Moonstone

Falconiform

Of the four pairings, the only one that turned out yellow was the Undine X Frostbite pairing.

- Red

- Bright Pink

- Brimstone

- Falconiform Wyvern

- Black

- Water

so far, I don't see much of a connection. huh.gif

If you want to make a list you can add these that I saw amongst my friends:

- gold

- tan ridgewing

- blusang

- green copper

- Swallowtail

- white

- black

- Seragamma

- water

- Blacktip

- black tea

- Imperial Fleshcrownes

and that's why I think yellows are random.

Add shadow walkers and red coppers to that. And tsunamis.

From the pattern we're seeing I'm pretty sure that yellow undines are like black and vine alts. You have a certain chance of getting a yellow no matter what the breeding, as long as it's not CB.