lola92

Freezing Limits

I randomly thought of the idea about freezing limits.

We only get 14 freezes every 2 weeks, but if you don't use those freezing nothing happens.

My idea is that if you don't use the freezes, you can build them up.

So my idea is Basic idea is:

no trophy gets 28 freezes max. So that is 1 month.

Bronze trophy gets 56 freezes max. - 2 months

Silver gets 84 max - 3 months

Gold gets 112 max - 4 months.

Personally, I like this idea. While I still tend to think that freezing limits are low, and that they should be at LEAST the amount of adults your trophy level can grow in two weeks from 7 day eggs with no incubate, this seems a good compromise.

I'm totally against it because - especially with the possible future ability to unfreeze - people might bolster their scrolls even worse than they do now. Also, there's the question of holiday eggs.

I'm totally against it because - especially with the possible future ability to unfreeze - people might bolster their scrolls even worse than they do now. Also, there's the question of holiday eggs.

If people want to hoard frozen nebula hatchlings (or whatever), that's their choice, that's how they play the game.

I'm for it, mostly because I collect all stages of dragons and right now can't hatch anything off the AP because my freezes are used up.

It's surprising that I rarely knock against the freezing limit, with how much I freeze. I don't think I'd *use* extra freezes, but I don't see anything wrong with the suggestion.

If people want to hoard frozen nebula hatchlings (or whatever), that's their choice, that's how they play the game.

I'm for it, mostly because I collect all stages of dragons and right now can't hatch anything off the AP because my freezes are used up.

I'm not saying that's wrong. But there are limits, and I think they're good ones.

And, yes, you can hatch something off the AP. But you'll probably have to let them grow up. Not doing so is your choice, it's how you play the game.

I am also for it!

Similar reason as kecemis plus I would really like to have the freezes I do not use during times I am away or too busy to play at the times I really want to play and always nudge at the limit.

I'm not saying that's wrong. But there are limits, and I think they're good ones.

And, yes, you can hatch something off the AP. But you'll probably have to let them grow up. Not doing so is your choice, it's how you play the game.

Just curious, why do you think they are good ones, if they hinder how some people play the game?

The thing is, if you don't use them you don't use them. You just have the max limit that tj wants to give. My idea is basic. I was thinking at least an extra month for each level. Could be higher or lower.

It will still take 4 months for a gold trophy to get their max amount and if you keep using them during that you wont hit your max amount.

I just thought of this because I didn't freeze anything for 6 months. Now I'm on the hunt for the hatchlings I am missing for my scroll goals. the limits are still there but you just get to build them up. What fun is having 14 freezes if you don't use them. What happens if I'm gone for a month and can't get online to use my freezes, they just waste then. Why I thought this would be a fun thing. The limits aren't lifted but you still get extra's you can use if you want or let it hit the max and never use them.

There can even be other basic rules like if unfreezing comes out, if you unfreeze a hatchling it doesn't give back past the original 14 freezes.

No support from me. I would not be against upping the limits a bit, but I do not like the idea of building freezes up. I may expand on this post when I am at a computer.

Just curious, why do you think they are good ones, if they hinder how some people play the game?

There are always things that hinder gameplay of certain people - for example, trying to collect rares. We can't make them more common just because a handfull of people don't want to catch anything else.

The limits were set, as I understand it, to keep users from quickly racking up hundreds of dragons (which could in theory be done in a day now that pretty much everything in the AP is ER already) - which would allow them to get trophies that others work months for by letting their dragons grow to adulthood. This would also deprive users who enjoy AP catching of many lovelies that they would love and breed if people are suddenly able to catch and freeze en masse after letting their limit build up for a while.

I could see bumping the limit up a bit, but I have never had any problems with the 14 that we are allotted currently. Rolling them over seems completely unnecessary to me- if you run out, they'll return eventually- so we can work on other things in the meantime.

TL;DR I don't support, but I WOULD support a modest boost to the limit.

Edited by Daypaw

The freezing limit is like all other limits. Like the limit that you may have only one scroll, that you cannot have more than 7 eggs and 21 growing things altogether or that rares are, well, limited in the numbers they occur. Other limits in this game include the minimum time between breedings or BSA uses or even how many holiday dragons you can catch during the original release. It's how the game works, and what keeps things in check.

What is being suggested here is a very big change to the current game dynamics. It's like asking to be able to Bite four times in a row if you don't Bite regularly. Or breed the same pair of dragons 16 (or more) times at once because you haven't bred them in the last four months. Not to mention being able to kill the same dragon over and over for 120 times come Halloween. Speaking of Halloween, this mechanism would allow you to save up about a hundred kill slots if it was implemented for that, too.

What I'm trying to say is that what is being suggested here is really extreme. And, with the same arguments - "I'd like that!", "It'd be useful!" and "The current limits hinder my play style!" - we could clamor for all the other changes mentioned in the lines above. And I don't like it.

I'm not necessary against a moderate increase in the freezing limits, but it must be a very moderate one - and not one you can build up and then use almost indefinitely.

^this^

No interest here -and I DO freeze. I actually value the fact that the game DOES have its various limits. So hit me. (But carefully, please, as I just had surgery last week xd.png)

Frozen hatchlings count towards total dragons. It would be extremely easy to boost your trophy very quickly if this were implemented. Unless frozens stopped counting towards total dragons, I don't much like the idea. More trophies with increased freezing slots would be awesome to have, though, or even just increasing freeze slots the more dragons you have (not necessarily tied to any trophies). I'd really like the idea of a very high trophy having unlimited Freeze slots, but idk.

Personally, I like this idea.  While I still tend to think that freezing limits are low, and that they should be at LEAST the amount of adults your trophy level can grow in two weeks from 7 day eggs with no incubate, this seems a good compromise.

This, with the original scroll limits, freeze limits made sense because we couldn't freeze more than we could raise, but it's possible raise far more adults now. Which is why I've become a far more sporadic player, most of my goals involve freezing and I just can't keep up with it.

That being said, I would be happy to see this alternative, but I don't really think it's feasible. If only for the reasons Olympe stated: If we can save un-used freezes then users will want the same for the other actions. We did it with freezing, why not breeding? o.O Holy carp some of my dragons haven't bred in years, think how many times I could breed the same pair!

Edited by DragonLady86

I am all for this idea, for if the people want to have frozen hatchlings, then give them frozen hatchlings.

EDIT: About trophy boosting, I find this issue easily solvable. Just it take the same amount of time for a hatchling to go from an adult to a frozen hatchling. It can die in that time and will not count as a adult dragon until it is a full fledged frozen hatchling. That was worded oddly but I hope you get the gist.

Edited by Andy12

Yes, I think I did. I just had the same inspiration.

Let frozen hatchlings count towards the limits until they have been out of their egg for 3 days. That's exactly as long as it takes for a hatchling to grow up under ideal circumstances.

This would allow people to play the way they want without favoring any one playstyle over another.

Edited by olympe

There are always things that hinder gameplay of certain people - for example, trying to collect rares. We can't make them more common just because a handfull of people don't want to catch anything else.

The limits were set, as I understand it, to keep users from quickly racking up hundreds of dragons (which could in theory be done in a day now that pretty much everything in the AP is ER already) - which would allow them to get trophies that others work months for by letting their dragons grow to adulthood. This would also deprive users who enjoy AP catching of many lovelies that they would love and breed if people are suddenly able to catch and freeze en masse after letting their limit build up for a while.

I could see bumping the limit up a bit, but I have never had any problems with the 14 that we are allotted currently. Rolling them over seems completely unnecessary to me- if you run out, they'll return eventually- so we can work on other things in the meantime.

TL;DR I don't support, but I WOULD support a modest boost to the limit.

This explains it better than I can. =3

EDIT: About trophy boosting, I find this issue easily solvable. Just it take the same amount of time for a hatchling to go from an adult to a frozen hatchling. It can die in that time and will not count as a adult dragon until it is a full fledged frozen hatchling. That was worded oddly but I hope you get the gist.

While I get where this is going - and it is a good idea - doesn't this just achieve the same thing as freezing limits? I wonder if somebody would work out the math to see how many more hatchlings you could potentially freeze if our limit was like this rather than a stiff limit like it is now? (I might but there's a lot of different possibilities depending on your trophy, if you're always locked, etc. and I'm having a hard time concentrating right now.)

Either way, since we already have limits in place that would achieve the same thing, this leaves me at the same conclusion - it's easier and simpler to just up the freezing limits than to change how freezing works and change the limits. ^^

This explains it better than I can. =3

While I get where this is going - and it is a good idea - doesn't this just achieve the same thing as freezing limits? I wonder if somebody would work out the math to see how many more hatchlings you could potentially freeze if our limit was like this rather than a stiff limit like it is now? (I might but there's a lot of different possibilities depending on your trophy, if you're always locked, etc. and I'm having a hard time concentrating right now.)

Either way, since we already have limits in place that would achieve the same thing, this leaves me at the same conclusion - it's easier and simpler to just up the freezing limits than to change how freezing works and change the limits. ^^

Considering you can raise considerably more adults than the current frozen limit, yes, you would benefit from that kind of timer. I, as a gold trophy owner, can currently have 21 hatchlings at one time, and have it last for three days yet I can only freeze 16 of them, in TWO WEEKS. I can't even freeze one full set of 21 hatchlings. THAT is my biggest issue with the current limit.

Edited by Nectaris

Considering you can raise considerably more adults than the current frozen limit, yes, you would benefit from that kind of timer. I, as a gold trophy owner, can currently have 21 hatchlings at one time, and have it last for three days yet I can only freeze 16 of them, in TWO WEEKS. I can't even freeze one full set of 21 hatchlings.

So wouldn't upping the freezing limits to be closer to that work just as well?

Technically, yes. The ideal would be to simply up the limit, but any way that achieves the same effect is welcome.

Yes please!

--Removed remainder of reply, it's late and was mostly ranting. Will try to come up with more coherent response tomorrow.--

I'm against removing the limits wholesale for any trophy below Gold, but an overall boost would be appreciated. I don't freeze often, but when I do I tend to go on massive freezing sprees and ram into the limit within a day or two.

I would love to see the freeze limit raised and anything that works in that direction, including rolling unused freezes over, gets a thumbs up from me.