Vorgin

Dotz and Raven's Chaotic Cosmic Adventure

Rain rolled her eyes, stepping up beside Grix. The mechanics in front her were very familiar. "Hey, when was this ship built?"

Raven loped off to cause trouble. No more than thirty seconds later, there was an explosion of blue gas. She coughed, waving a paw back and forth in front of her muzzle. Before her fizzed an odd liquid. Well that was interesting. The gas dissipated, and she turned to the door, waiting to see if anyone was coming to reprimand her.

Grix shrugged.

Beats me... He had this and the Chaos Star 1 long before he knew me.

Come to think of it, the ship was much older than hi, but when he worked with it, it was one of the most advanced pieces of technology he managed.

Dotzrus' hand immediately slammed into his face.

Raven... I really dont want to use the cell I use for prisoner transfers... please stop messing with my ship.

If anything annoyed him, it was people messing with his ship, mocking it, defiling it, and other negative things he didn't want to think about. Th ship itself was part of him, just like it's mother before it.

She pinned her ears to her head. Oops. The wolf the turned, heading into another room. To her delight, this one had beds! Picking out one without a scent, she hopped up and flopped down.

Rain watched Raven, and once she saw the wolf had finally settled down, she nodded and turned back to Grix. "It seems... Familiar." The angel scratched her head. "But I know I've never been in a spaceship before."

Roxy backpedaled when Soreth vaporized into a freaking dragon! She just though that his species looked draconian. She didn't expect they he was one. She laughed as the dragon lopped away, no doubt to terrorize Dotzrus. "so what's-" when she looked back, Namina was already heading towards the rear of the ship, 'Hey!". Roxy released the hold of gravity on her body and lifted off the ground. She propelled herself after the woman, "Hold up. I'll come with you", she said, floating along next to her, "Did you happen to see what happened to this system? If you haven't noticed, their star has worked itself to death."

Not bothering to stop as she climbed up the ship's side, Namina's eyes narrowed. Who was this chick, and why was she so persistent? Ugh. Dealing with people wasn't her strong suit. Though, the thief turned her head at the mention of the dead star. I wish I knew. Stars...don't just burn out like that. They blow up and kill everything. I stopped here to trade with the people in the system, but...everything was long dead. It had to have been like this for weeks, months even. Everything was deserted and, well, ****ing freezing. I had to wear a suit just to stay on the planets long enough to investigate. A whole solar system suddenly made once-habitable ghostly shells. It was a little more than just creepy. What if this happened in other places too? There were a few ships when I showed up to this system, though. Huge ones. I have no idea where they were from or what they were doing. I thought they were pirates, because I was attacked on sight. I never get attacked by anything other than pirates. But now...I dunno.

Roxy looked at the dim outline of the once brilliant star as they talked about it. "A brown dwarf", she said, "It's a brown dwarf and it's about 86 degrees. I know this becasue I was walking on it about an hour ago." She fell silent as she followed her through the ship towards the injured engine. She thought about the gamma cloud leading away from the system as Namina told her about the grand ships that attacked her, "Pirates. No doubt", she said from experience, "Doomed system. Mass extinction. Basically a big yard sale for scrappers and pirates." Her hair turned pale red with her lie. Truth was, she had no idea what could have killed PC. Solar System-icide was kinda a new division in her one woman police force. She knew only one person with enough power to suck the fuel from a star and he was long dead. She would just have to follow her gut and hope she can stop the next...solar system-icide.

As Roxy tossed theory around in her head. They passed a wall mounted computer that was flashing red with engine specs. Her hair changed blue with concern, "Looks like they hit you with a thermite charge. Not too devastating but enough to melt through to your engines," she said as she looked up at Namina, "I can help do repairs on the outside of your ship." Her offer was genuine. She, of course, expected some kind of trade. She didn't mention that though.

The woman arched an eyebrow at Roxy. Tossing her braid to her other shoulder, she frowned slightly. What do you want for helping me? she asked. Her green eyes narrowed a fraction as she spoke. She lived off commerce, and knew from experience that everything came with a price. Namina balanced carefully on the ship and crouched to examine the damage. Hm...Not too bad. But not good either. Enough to lose power and cause problems. Money? Food? Chances are I've got it in a surplus if you want it. Having been to both the richest and poorest corners of the universe, she had a wide variety of products. Some, she wasn't exactly willing to give up for a little service. A few cans of food or something, no big deal. Weapons, that's another story.

Roxy laughed out loud, her sound echoed off the metal walls, "You're a smart one, Miss", she said looking over her shoulder at the damage, "You know nothing comes without a price." It was true that she wanted something, it just wasn't something she named in her list of offers, "Nah. All I want is a ride and someplace to crash for a few days", she said. It was a simple request and a much better set up then her current one on the Loveboat, "I can tell you and your...partner are explorers. I can tell since you gave your home planets in your intro. I need someone with a taste for adventure to accompany me", she explained, her hair growing pink at the rate of her growing excitement, 'We can work out details after we get your ship back into working order. Now I'll take a walk on the outside of your boat and take a looksee at what those pirates did". She glanced out the porthole behind her, "Do you have any kind of shortwave communication I can use out there. Preferably one that works with contact vibration and not with soundwaves." Many of the others had telepathy which they could communicate with each other in the void. Roxy, does not. In fact, she didn't have any psychic based powers in her arsenal. She was eager to hello the girl out and she made sure it showed.

"Adventure" wasn't exactly the word Namina thought of involving her line of work. It was usually a lot of violence and haggling. Sometimes having to skip meals if profits are bad. Sure, parts of it were pretty neat, but a lot of it was cruel. The woman silently weighed her options, before finally nodding. Fine. I could use another hand when it comes to taking care of things. You seem to know what you're doing, so I expect you to carry your weight. Roxy seemed...moderately trustworthy. In a few simple movements, Namina slid off the ship and instead walked into the cargo bay. There was sure to be some sort of communication junk around here somewhere...Hm. With a small frown, she inspected the headsets she managed to scrounge up. As the woman walked out of the ship, she extended one of the headsets to Roxy. Not too sure how to tell the difference between soundwave and vibration-dependent. Hope this works.

Roxy's hair was purple with Namina's answer, "Oh yes!", she said with excitement, "You won't regret it. A phantom is good luck to have on your boat." She waggled her eyebrows mysteriously and laughed at her own joke. Roxy took the headset offered to her and looked it over carefully. She stuck one of the oil stained earbuds in her ear and held the microphone pad to her stomach. There was a strange gurgle shortly after. She nodded, "Yep, Vibration sensitive", she said, putting the other earbud in and taped the microphone to the center of her throat. She fiddled with a walkie for a few seconds until, "Check, minus, plus sign, exponent. Oh! It works", she said, her voice cracking over the small radio that she handed back to Namina. "I'll meet you in the engine room" Roxy said as she walked to the airlock on the opposite end of the cargo hold. She whacked the PRESSURIZE button on the wall panel and waited for the door to open. When it did, she stepped past the space suits hung on the wall and continued inside and waited for it to seal. Before the green light that the room was secure and she could open the door came on, She blew a kiss to Namina through the small port window in the metal door. She was ejected into space a moment later.

Roxy tumbled through the vacuum of space clumsily. All arms and legs in every which direction. That was a rough ejection! Must be an newer model she thought as she struggled to right herself. Finally, she managed to get herself pointed in the right direction and headed towards the engine. "No Oxygen! Can't...breath Her gasping voice crackled over the radio, Kidding. I'm cool. I'll see you at the engine She said, waving at the reflective windows in hope that she could see her.

Grix nudged Rain and smiled,

Your thinking too hard. Just relax and let us do the driving. Okay?

The sincere sound of his voice and relaxed posture hopefully settled Rain down. Right now, Grix just wanted her happy.

Dotzrus on the other hand was getting impatient. He hadn't seen or heard from the Captain of this ship he just helped. Looking out the window, he saw Roxy floating around their ship. He sighed as he began to think of what her incentive for anything was. Unknown to the others, he actually had a mission to do, and these delays were beginning to push his time limit.

...these guys better give me a good reason to stay and help or else I'm pulling out and letting Roxy help them alone. We should be going.

For a while, Namina watched in stunned silence at Roxy's antics. She'd bet her batch of weirdos in the past...but Roxy...She was a new breed of crazy. A mix of possible insanity and boredom seemed to trigger the other woman's antics. Once things finally settled, she got right to work. The thief walked back into her own ship and slipped one of the hanging space-suits on. She didn't have the clunky ones, either. Skin-tight clothing with a helmet to protect her exposed face. Once suited up, she joined Roxy outside of the ship. Right then. Let's get started. It doesn't look like anything needs stripped away, thankfully.

A nice place to lounge about was enough to keep Soreth busy. The green dragon explored in search of the specified area and stuck his nose into rooms. Who he happened to stumble upon, however, was the ship's captain. Soreth stood up on his haunches to smile at Dotzrus. Hello there! I hope you don't mind me wandering about. I have a bit of time to do as I please before our engine's fixed. It was indeed a rare sight to see a dragon speaking. Unlike Dotzrus, Soreth was a full-blooded dragon with the knowledge of magic. Don't worry, I won't be breaking anything. It's just nice to have a chance to stretch out a little. The dragon's green gaze flickered to the window. He watched as Roxy and Namina drifted about the ship in an effort to repair it. How interesting.

Dotzrus turned around and came eye to eye with the green dragon he didn't seem surprised, worried, aggressive, or relaxed. Grix on the other hand turned and and fell out his chair.

A D-Dragon?!? Here??

Relax. Though I'm guessing your not with the Dragon Empire it seems. I am Dotzrus V. Flame. Captain of this ship, and currently hosting you... And now almost a dozen others...

He said the last part with a sigh. He wasn't used to this many people around him.

And your okay with this?!?

Why not, I've been around too many dragons for a dragon being near me to be a surprise. Anyway, ignore Grix, he has had a bad history with your kind unlike me. Stories of the past later, though, who may you be?

Soreth waved a paw dismissively. Ah, no need for you to fret. I'm sure we will be gone in no time! There's no need for us to take any more time than we need. He turned his head as Grix fell, and watched him curiously. Oh. This form was much more intimidating than his other one. Quickly did the dragon return to standing on all fours. My apologies. I am not feral, if the usage of fluent speech wasn't enough to prove this. Nor am I affiliated with the Empire. I have relatives that are, but not me. Politics are, well, a bit too mundane for me. I am Soreth Jaggedfang of Renilious. It's a pleasure to talk to someone other than my captain.

The pleasure is mine, though I'm sure your just joking about politics, there are none in the Empire, it's all military and war war war war...

He watched Soreth knowing that he was not feral. There would be no reason a feral would use space travel unless desperate. Either way, this guest made Dotzrus more glad that there was some else similar, though his guest might not be able to tell right away of Dotz' elemental and natural hybridization.

...I'll be in maintenance... No need for me to stick around.

Rain clapped her hands in delight as she saw the dragon. "My! What a magnificent beast!" The angel smiled brightly, rising from her seat. Crossing the ship, she came eye to eye with the reptilian creature. "It is my pleasure to make your acquaintance."

"This won't hurt a bit." The woman was strapped down the the metal table. Men and women in white lab coats surrounded her. He slipped the needle into her arm, each of the scientists around her eagerly taking notes. "Now," he said, setting down the needle. "This is basically a form of elephant tranquilizer. Given Subject 8's mass, it would be enough to almost kill her." A fog settled over her mind, but thoughts still zipped around in her head easily. "What I have here now, is T-5. This was whipped up for her yesterday." He slipped the needle into the spot just underneath where he did before. The effects of the other drug had been flushed out of her system. "You see, due to the nanos infused with her blood that help her heal quickly, they attack and break down the drugs in her liver and blood. This renders her basically impossible to drug, unless, it is specifically tailored to her." Her mind was now swamped, and her muscles' responses were slow and uncoordinated. Luckily, she didn't have to walk anywhere. No, she was strapped to a table. He produced the final syringe, full of a mud colored liquid. While again, her systems cleaned out the drugs, her mind still felt as though it was full of spiderwebs. "This final serum was cooked up this morning. The difference between these and the others, lies in the way it's made. The enzymes are coated with a special synthetic materiel that slows the process of the nanos being able to break down the serum. Therefore, it increases the length of time she's under, and works to better put her all the way under."

"Dr. Blackwell?"

"Yes?"

"Why do you need to show us this? Are you trying to make your experiment look bad?" The man began to laugh. "No, of course not. She can already break down almost any drug known to man. Except this one." He slipped the needle in. "Subject eight, is not the most cooperative being. This makes her much easier to handle. She was created to be a weapon of war after all, so she is fairly high strung." A few grumbles came from the men around them. "She gets the job done. So," he faced them as Raven began to slip under. "Which of you will be the lucky ones and her to utilize her in your armies?" The dream faded as the drugs took hold.

Raven's eyes opened and she sat up slowly. A cold shiver ran down her back. It wasn't a bad memory, but any from that place weren't good.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Roxy was pleased when the captain joined her in her space walk. The suit she was wearing was flattering as well. Must be a new model. She pursed her lips to whistle but no sound came out. The whistle was there in spirit. Lookin' good Cap Roxy's voice said over the communication system in Namina's suit, "Now, down to business. Looks like a pretty clean hit. Melted clean through to your thruster casing. She drifted around the rear of the ship and looked up inside the thruster column. Good news is it looks like they miss the important bits She said, peering into the depths of the burn wounds, "your fuel tank and pump are unscathed. Good think too or else it would have blown your engine." She was sure that was obvious but the truth was, Roxy didn't know a lot about fixing spaceship engines. She just wanted to sound helpful by spitting out a string of technobabble while she waited for a job.

Grix grumbled as Rain praised the dragon. It was bad enough he wasn't fond of him, but now his "date" has directed her attention to the dragon and away from him. With a sigh he closed the door behind him as he went into maintence.

Namina's only response was a roll of her eyes. Usually, she was the flirtatious one. It felt...really difderent to be on the recieving end of such antics. Actually, I could weld this. I'm gonna have to go back inside and get the materials, but all I really need to do is weld the gas tank back together and get another tube for the pump. I'll be back. A tug on her grounding cord (she couldnmt just drift about like Roxy), and she pulled herself back inside. As the air-lock shut with a hiss, she removed her helmet to dig around in a large tool box. God, where had she put that stuff?

As if shy from the praise, soreth ducked his head to look away. My, it seemed as if the hosts of this ship were civillians. Others of a military or criminal background weren't nearly as nice. Oh, well, thank you. I assure you that I'm not as unique as you believe. Dragons were mildly common throughout the universe. Dragons as well-tempered as Soreth, well, that was another story. He honestly didn't have much bloodlust. Plain and simple. Working with Namina meant he was usually forced to use violence, but he didn't enjoy it. It was just part of his job.

Dotzrus watched as Rain praised the dragon and Grix leave. He saw the frustration Grix left off as he left and could sense a hint of jealousy. Deciding now was not the best time, he kept quiet and returned his attention to Soreth,

Well I can agree with the common thing, though you are quite... calm. But a pureblood is nice to see once and awhile, even though your not with the Empire.

Grix came out with a toolbox wiping sweat from his brow. A fine tune there and a valve check here. Something to take his mind off things, unfortunately Rain was still staring at the dragon with wonder and awe, it made him sick.

Yeah... purebred, says the Alpha/Dragon hybrid.

The only thing dragon of me is my blood. Dont forget your other half, your no purebreed human.

Grix grumbled as he sat down beer in hand.

Edited by Dotzrus

Roxy pulled herself around the side of the ship as Namina gave her diagnostic. Roxy nodded and watched her go, "So is there anything I can do while you're cursing your organization skills? she drifted backwards until her back touched the hull of the ship. The planet they were orbiting was slowly beginning to block out the faint star. "Hey, Whats Inriant like?" she asked. She loved to travel. More than anything in the multiverse. Since she had never been there. She wanted to hear about it.

Namima couldn't help but grin at the thought of home. Although surprised Roxy had never been there, she was happy to describe it. Busy. Always real busy. Ships bustling from planet to planet, flashing advertisements, tall buildings...it's a real metropolis. Crazy diverse, too. That's how I sorta came along. My mother's a siren, but my father's a human. Humans, imagine it! Hardly see them anywhere, but they're all over Inriant. she answered. Most assumed she was a pureblood human, as she didn't display any sort of abilities. Sirens were known for supernatural beauty, and, of course, being able to scream someone deaf. The first option was usually the only one used. Namina had sensitive ears herself, so her voice rarely left the range of human capabilities. As the woman returned outside once again, she held a gas tank and a blowtorch. As she drifted towards the engine, she glanced over at Roxy. What about you? What's your home like?

Me? Well, my captain's ship is under repair at the moment. She docked here in order to fix it, and I was allowed to wander. I'm sure I'll soon have to change form once again. Soreth answered. He much preferred to stay on all-fours instead of two legs. After all, this was the form he hatched in. It was the most comfortable to him. Curiosity sparkling in his eyes as Dotzrus spoke, he turned to look at the man. Oh? Are you affiliated with the empire? I'm rather surprised. You seem...a tad bit too civil to be with the empire.

Dotzrus looked away and back to Soreth when he addressed him,

I am an ally to the Empire yes, but they only ties I have to it is the king and their gift to me. The current king and I trained under the same master when we were young. An Alpha, the first mammal species, and a Dragon, the first reptile species working together, it was just like how the Alpha and Dragon Empires worked together in the old days, unfortunately only one still stands... sorry, I ramble off at times...

He couldn't let go of the past, even if he didn't remember it himself. A species two people away from extinction, and being one was tough.

Roxy smiled as her new friend spoke, "Sounds like a blast. I love busy Systems. Plenty of ships to jump. Space bridges to every major system in the universe. The diversity of people. It sounds like you're going to have to take me..." she frowned as soon as she said it, "Well. Eventually" she muttered, the sensor still picking it up. She couldn't risk a trip to someplace so populated. Her pursuer could show up. If she showed up, they would be responsible of the death of every living thing in Inriant. She wanted to avoid that at all costs. She wanted to avoid all forms of mass genocide actually.

Her hair changed back to pink when the captain exited her ship again. Her hair was teal at the mention of her home. She increased the gravitational pull of the ship just enough that she could lay on it as Namina worked. She rested her chin in her palms and looked down at Namina, "Oh Phang? It was nothing compared to what Inriant sounds like", she began, "It's this little comet world. You know the kind. Rare little pieces of censorkip.gif that tumble around solar systems. Well mine fell into a delicate figure eight around two suns, Almaak and Mirach. You now, in Andromeda. Anyway, this little rock was home to about a million Phangites. Now the thing about my kind is that females are four times as likely to be born than males. So, naturally, we are a matriarchy" She decided to stop there. There was no use mentioning how the comet was able to support life or what it was doing now, "So yeah..." she fell silent, seemingly deep in thought. She recovered quickly, "So you see why I bailed the first chance I got, right?" She asked with a laugh.