Vorgin

Dotz and Raven's Chaotic Cosmic Adventure

((I am back from a place called school and life.....))

Kaguya listened to the others and agreeing to what they are saying silently while thinking about her past as they were in space.

Raven nodded, taking in his words. At his touch, the wolf would've began to blush, if she could have. "Yes... Please. I would like that." Rising to a sitting position, she rested her head in his lap. "Why not tell me more about yourself?"

"That's... Where it gets... Complicated." Was she really going to try to explain all this to a drunk man? Yes, she was. "Angels don't hate demons. They kill them because they threaten humans. You may or may not know that weaker demons can't survive in their demonic form for very long outside of Hell. More often than not, they have to posses a human. Now, there's three outcomes. One, being that the soul becomes corrupt, and is forced out of the body, and into Hell, becoming another weak demon. Two, being that the soul is absorbed by the demon, and the demon becomes stronger. Three, being that the soul is simply snuffed by the demon. In other words, they become possessed. From there, Nephlims can be created. They are nuisances that cause many problems for us. Fallen angels will then try to posses the Nephlims and so on." Rain sat back down, then continued. "Angels only do their job. The lot of them are emotionless. Incapable of hate. And... You're not the only one with demon blood." Looking up shamefully, Rain's silver eyes shone with a swirl of emotions.

Jet had settled down beside Grix on the couch, curled up into a tight ball. The Vagrant himself had fallen asleep, but could be heard whimpering every once in a while. For a bipedial creature, he was suprisingly flexible, and remained effortlessly curled beside the half-demon. Comversation made him open an eye, but he was yet to talk. Jet was satisfied with listening.

Namina nodded off halfway through listening to her new friend talking, unfortunately. Her head bowed and face went slack as she dozed. As soon as she had, her head snapped back up. Blinking rapidly, she struggled to stay awake. Huh? Yeah, sure... Everyone had heard ghost stories of an unseen stowaway. There was no actual danger to the tale, so much shrugged it off. Still, it was pretty unsettling to think of an invisible hitch-hiker.

Roxy giggled when Namina startled herself awake. It was a good thing that piloting a spaceship drunk wasn't dangerous, everyone had auto-pilot now a days. Roxy too a breath. The truth was that she hadn't told many people exactly who she was. Mainly Fibb and her group. Oh, and those psychos she escaped from in the Consilum. She had decided. If this went well then she had wandering buddies, if not she could just vanish and none of the people aboard both ships would ever see her again.

Roxy leaned towards Namina mysteriously and checked around pointlessly for evesdroppers, "Weeeell...that's me", she said, waggling her eyebrows and mischievous violet crept up her mohawk, "I'm the hitchhiker from the stories." She clapped her hands and rose from her chair abruptly, teetering as all the blood (and booze) rushed to her head. It wasn't enough to drop some information like that on a headstrong woman like Namina. She would need a show.

Roxy twirled Namina's chair around so that she was facing away from the ship controls and could see Roxy clearly. Roxy pulled the belt across Namina's chest and buckled her in. She stumbled to the middle of the room and spread her arms. Namina already knew she could appear places at will and survive in the vaccum of space but that wasn't enough. There were hundreds of species that can space walk and personal teleportation tech has been around for years. This was different. Roxy flipped gravity in the cockpit.

She not so gracefully somersaulted onto the ceiling where she slipped on her butt. She flinched when everything in the room that wasn't nailed down clattered to the ceiling, "Oops" she said lamely, returning gravity to it's normal state. Roxy forgot that applied to her. She fell the short distance and landed hard on the floor. The alcohol in her bloodstream dulled the pain and she sat up, "So yeah. Space Chick" she said lamely, pointing both thumbs at herself from the floor. "Now, that's what I have to offer the ship if you give me a place to crash and lay low for a while", she said, getting off the floor with comedic effort, "Any point in the universe is yours, madam".

(((I guess it's just impossible to just write a simple post -.-)))

Dotzrus smiled at Raven and leaned back looking at the ceiling.

...where to start... I grew up after my species was eliminated... I grew up with two friends training under an elemental master. One of them is the dragon king and one turned out to be a crazy woman who now inherits the throne of the species that killed mine... What a way to start my young adult life...

He smirked but inside felt the mixture of sadness and anger.

Grix leaned up and looked at Rain.

...you? You seem so pure, so flawless, how could you be a half blood?

The drunk look began to vanish like Grix had control over if he was drunk or not.

"Oh," she said quietly. The wolf nosed his hand gently. "I am sorry to hear that...." Raven hadn't been expecting that.

"It's... Uh... Complicated too. If you really want to know, I'll tell you." The angel's lineage wasn't a common one. Technically, it was the only one. "There was also a lot of rule bending involved..."

Dotzrus gave her a smile.

You don't need to be sorry, it's my past and I accept it. My life has dealt with enough, I look at them as memories, not sufferings. That's what the present is for. New friends, adventures... Life, excitement... Love... All things that drown out the past.

Grix nodded,

Do tell, please. We aren't going anywhere with another ship hooked on.

"Yeah..." There was a flicker of hope in her eyes. "So how did you and Grix meet then?"

"Well," Rain continued. "Have you heard of the Archangel Gabriel? She's my mother. And there's... Lucifer. My... Father." The angel leaned forward, resting her elbows on her knees, unable to lean back. "No one really know quite how it happened. But, it did. Now, they think I don't know. But I do. I mean, an archangel with black wings? It's unheard of. Anyways, with my sire and dam being two of the most powerful supernatural beings, other than The Lord himself, makes me a very powerful. Actually, the most powerful. Well, still not quite... He still holds more power than myself. But... I'm not sure how I hold and Archangel status still. I took my mother's spot, I know that. But given that I'm half demon, why would he not just toss me out? Or even destroy me?" These were questions she'd pondered herself for many years. Why was she still in exsistence?

Grix looked at her with an awkward stare.

...then why are you even here? Shouldn't you be IN heaven and not with mortals like us? I don't think I'm worth your time... I mean Dotzrus might be because of... Well... Reasons...

Dotzrus laughed at the mention of Grix,

Grix? That was a long time ago... I think he was my contact in a infiltration mission. I saved his life twice in one day, then he saved mine. I saw potential and usefulness in him, so I invited him to come aboard. Friends since...

"Well... Yeah. But I was... It's not important." When Grix said he wasn't worth her time, she shook her head. "Of course you are. Don't ever think like that. Besides, I think you and I are a much better match than me being with Dotzrus." She laughed lightly.

Raven cocked her head. "Wow, that sort of sounds like Rain and I. How quaint, that our friendships are so much alike." There was a silent laugh as she shook her head. "Like a match made in Heaven."

A match? Your serious about that?

A little sparkle in his eyes.

Dotzrus looked at Raven and then away with a smile.

Heaven is overrated. Especial for two demon half bloods. I'm surprised Grix doesn't know yet... It's in her aura. You and I are more... Untame. But I would hardly consider myself a match for anyone.

He sighed and stood up.

I sometimes wonder if I'll ever find a purpose... Whether to save or destroy, hate or love... One of the challenges of affiliating myself with Chaos...

"Of course." She wrapped her wings around him, pulling him closer. "Angels are not known for their humor." Rain winked.

"She's a what?" Rain hadn't shared that tidbit with her. But she could ask later. As Dotzrus called he and her untame, a small smile flitted across her lips. That was sure a thought, but Raven wouldn't call herself untamed. No, she still saw herself as someone's pet. Of course, she wasn't going to share that. "It was once said that every being once had four arms, two heads, four legs, and so on. In fear of their power, the Greek god, Zeus, split them in half, destining them to find their other half." She pawed at her ear absently. "But that's just an old saying. But the one thing that's universal, is that everything happens for a reason. Everyone has some sort of purpose. And that might be for you to find your place in life." Shrugging, the wolf looked up at him.

Grix let her pull him and he sat up, leaning against her.

...Thank you Rain... I'm happy your here...

Dotzrus sat down on the bed.

Stories like that are just for morals, not accuracy... Let alone that I believe in only one God, I call him the First. Either way, Two halves, soul mates, love at first sight. What is this, a romance story?

He laughs and turns to Raven.

So why are you still in wolf form? I think a human form is more comfortable.

Raven to began to laugh again. "Yeah, guess you're right. Things did get pretty mushy." Picking up her head, she stretched, then shifted to her human form upon Dotzrus's question. "Why? Well, I prefer it over my human form. I feel much stronger and more capable of damage to those who want to harm me. More or less, it's my comfort/ security blanket." Whenever the scientists had made their rounds, they'd taken particular liking to tormenting Raven is she was in her human form; poking her, swearing at her, taunting her. But when she was in her wolf form, and one of them was stupid enough to stick their fingers through the bars, she had been able to inflict enough damage that they left her alone all together. Being stuffed into dog crates also served to better suit her wolf form rather than her human one.

"And I'm happy to be here." She leaned back on him, then slipped her hand into his.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Grix smiled and held her hand. He rubbed his head next to hers and looked down at the Vagrant who was curled up at the floor.

so... What should we do about this Vagrant? I'm not good with pets...

Dotzrus scratched his head.

Well... No one here wants to hurt you. Thumbs are the best... And you look very beau- Nice as a human!

He caught himself as he noticed his words wandering with his mind. He looked away while sitting on the bed to try not to blush. He felt corny and knew rushing anything would ruin any impression he made when they first met. He shifted and composed himself.

"Do with Wha....? Oh. That. Uh, I'm sure Raven would appreciate the company." Giggling, she nudged Grix. "I wonder what they are talking about."

"Even so, it just makes me feel more... Relax. Comfortable." She had to bite her tongue to keep from laughing at Dotzrus's slip up. He was so different when faced with an akward situation. Of course, so was she. "But thank you," she replied, sparing him from any further embarrassment. Using her fingers she started combing out some of the knots in her long hair. Warmth began to spread to her cheeks on their own accord. Other than one for having 'excellent regenerative cell growth', Raven hadn't really received a compliment before. Even if it was only half of one.

Grix laughed,

Knowing Dotz, he's probably trying to act cool and showing off his powers. Normal thing with new people.

Dotzrus looked up,

As an Alpha, I can be any mammal at will... It's just that the human body is so special... It's not the strongest, deadliest, or most agile, but it's beauty is in how it balances all these traits into one form... Beyond that, I prefer sword over tooth and claw... You, you have a strong wolf, and the body of a coragous and powerful woman who wants to follow her destiny. Me, I just screw around and make things explode for fun.

Rain laughed again. "I just hope Raven is behaving." She sighed and shook her head. "I don't know what to do with her sometimes."

Raven chuckled lightly. "Blowing stuff up is pretty fun. I did wreak havoc while I was locked up in that hellhole. One time, I got ahold of some experimental chemicals? And WHOO," she said, rising to her feet egarly. "Man did it make a boom! Luckily I was two rooms over. But I still felt that shock wave!"

Oh I bet their fine. Let whatever happen happen. I want to focus on right here, right now.

He scoots closer to her so the they are shoulder to shoulder, head to head.

Dotzrus laughes.

See, even you were able to find something worthwhile, even in one of the worst moments of your life. That's what makes us similar, now we need to stop those nightmares... So Raven, in what way could I help you with that?

He gives a little bow and smirks.

She nodded slowly, a tingling spreading through her from where she touched Grix. Without realizing it, she leaned towards him.

"The nightmares..." The light atmosphere seemed to fade, replaced with one more dank. "Rain has been trying for years. Suppressing memories, trying to pull out stuff by the roots... Nothing has worked. She can't do anything drastic without it affecting my personality in a bad way..." Growing up in that lab had shaped her. Simply taking out those memories changed her thought process and ultimately, her.

Grix felt the warmth of their bodies and decided to remain quiet and savor the moment. For the first time in a long time, he was truly happy.

Dotzrus thought for a second.

Well... There are a few options, one of the obvious ones is to fight your fears. After that, you could go through a process to make you unable to ever dream, but I don't recommend that. Finally there is to find something in life that is so much more important that you focus your attention and being into that, then your mind and soul will want to remove the unhappiness and dream and think about that thing that brings you happiness.

She began to think. Well, they were in space, so facing her fears wasn't applicable, unless she did so in her dreams. But finding something else to focus on to snub out the fears? Her eyes drifted to Dotzrus, lingering for a few moments longer than normal. "Those, well, excluding the second one, sound like good ideas... We'll have to try it."

Dotzrus clapped his hands together,

Wonderful! Now tell me which you prefer. If you think facing your fears means going back to your Earth, we can do that, but we won't right away... We would make a round trip and come back but that might be a while. So unless you or anyone else can think of a way to face your fears, the third option is the only option you got right now, I think it's the best. I have a few friends who went through hard tes but were as to put their focus towards something else more important in their lives.

He plopped onto the bed and pointed up. He drew a circle in the air which formed a floating ring of water that stayed suspended.

Her eyes were immediately drawn to the water. For a few moments, she was transfixed on the ring. "Er what? Oh, yes. I think we should stick with the third option then." Her eyes tore from the water, settling back on Dotzrus.

"That's strange." Rain said quietly. Her silver eyes clouded. I've never sensed such a strong wave of emotions come off of Raven. For a few moments, she saw through Raven's eyes, taking up her mental status. Warmth bubbled up as she gazed upon him. But yet she could feel Raven's attention being pulled to the ring of water that hovered over Dotzrus. Pulling back out, her eyes cleared.

Throughout everything, Nethaeros had been sitting in a full lotus in one dark corner, his hooded head bent over a small black rock in his hands. By using the omnipresent qualities of the Void Continuum, he was trying to see what happened to that star, though an unknown entity blocked him. Standing up in frustration he tossed the rock into a pocket dimension. "I'm going down to that planet to see if anyone is still alive,and possibly get some answers. Would anyone care to join me? Being alone is quite boring. Maybe Raven? To help how get your mind off the dreams?" He looked out the window at the dull glow of the dying star. Luckily for them it didn't have enough mass to supernova, but a collapse into a planetary nebula would let out a load of radiation. Not a problem for him or Rain, but it tends to be nasty to biological tissue.