Vorgin

Dotz and Raven's Chaotic Cosmic Adventure

Namina fell silent as she began to weld, the light-sensitive dome around her head tinting to a comfortable darkness. Roxy's words spun a tale that captured her imagination. Her home...sounded so peaceful. It was nothing like the chaos she grew up in. The murder. The crime. She was left without a mother at the age of eight. And then a father at tweleve. It was rough, growing up alone. Stealing, lying, even killing sometimes. She had earned a name for herself through blood, sweat, and tears. And sleeping with people but that's not part of the phrase. Roxy's life...it was something she was jealous of. There we are Namina grinned at her own handiwork as the green flame of the welding torch fizzled out. That would do. Hey Roxy? Do you mind grabbing me a hose from inside the engine room? I've got a few spare, and we'll need one to get this ship moving again. It only seemed fair to let Roxy to something. The woman wanted to help, after all.

((Will respond with Soreth soon.))

(((Backstorys later? backstorys later.))

Roxy watched the woman work. IT was truly fascinating to watch someone do work on their ship. She loved this thing. It was like it was part of her crew. Roxy had never felt that kind of attachment to a ship. To her, spacecraft were just places to visit or rest when she grew weary. If it broke or stopped working, she just left. Roxy nodded at Namina's request for a part and flicked from her spot on the hull.

Roxy reappeared three feet to the left inside the engine compartment. She could tell because of the thermal flux engines in the room with her. Across the room, there was a few plastic crates overflowing with various engine components. She crossed the room and began rummaging through one of the crates. "Ha. There you are", she said, dragging out a hose wrapped in metal mesh, 'I think". She really didn't know the first thing about repairing a engine.

Roxy reappeared behind Namina a little while later. She took a side trip to snag a beer from the Chaos Star's fridge for herself and Namina. She let both the hose and the unopened beer float in front of Namina's face. Roxy opened her own beer and took a zero gravity sip.

((If given time they both will be crying drunk because their lives suck.))

Without a word, the woman accepted the hose. She stuck her head back into the engine and unscrewed the damaged hose. A wrestle with screwing the mew hose in, and the ship was soon back in order. The beer she had been given was tucked under her arm. That would be for later. Unlike Roxy, she wasn't able to drink it. A dome over one's head did that. Alright. We're done here. How's about I give you a run-through of the Daggerback? As Namina pulled herself back towards the airlock, she weighed where to start the tour in her thoughts. Cockpit or bedrooms first? It was hard to decide. As soon as she was inside, however, the beer she had been given was opened. God, it's been a while since I've had a deink. I get kinda emotional when tipsy and upset Soreth. For obvious reasons, a dragon didn't know how to comfort a sobbing drunk. Especially when mood swings were a possibility.

Oh no, it's quite alright. I'm actually rather interested. You see, my captain and I have done business with the king in the past. We're merchants. Oh! I nearly forgot! If you would follow me to the ship, I'm sure we have something as a gift for your kindness. We have wares of all sort. I'm sure you'll find something you like. Soreth was the more personable of the two, and was in charge of most manners involving interaction. He could carry himself quite well for a once-feral beast. Actually, anyone aboard is welcome to take something. As he entered the ship, Soreth resumed his smaller form so he could move about freely. He gestured to the cargo bay and smiled. Please, take anything that you wish.

A seemingly inhabited ship was a welcome sight to a frightened Vagrant. He was lost, and rather sad at the idea of being lost. So, as he phased inside, Jet curled up at the nearest person's feet and whimpered. That nearest person just-so-happened to be Grix. Vagrants were rather common, and were either treated as pests or pets, depending on the person. They usually didn't cause problems, especially when alone. That was the odd part. They didn't travel alone. They traveled in pods. Like a dog, the puppy-like creature whimpered pitifully. Social creatures didn't fare well being alone, and Jet was an example of this. He was scrawny and rather sickly-looking. It looked as if someone had just kicked him repeatedly. The poor Vagrant just wanted to be back with his family. This would have to do.

((Oh I'm going to have fun with this...))

Grix looked down at the Vagrant and sighed, he yelled over to Dotzrus before he left the ship.

Dotz, you left the screen door over again!

Then use the plasma fly swatter!

It's a bit bigger than that!

I'm not you father so deal with it yourself.

Grix grunted in annoyance and looked back down at the Vagrant. Grix wasn't one really for pity or sadness, but he wasn't necessarily cruel. He sighed a patted it's head,

There there...

On the other ship, Dotzrus nodded to Soreth and looked at what was in the cargo bay. After you live so long, you usually had everything you could need or want in the material world, but he would accept this gift the dragon offered as a sign of goodwill. He passed over and weapons or armor, he had the best weapons in his field, and he hated any armor. So he more looked into the trinkets, traditional objects, spiritual relics and items, etc.

So while I look, what business HAVE you done for Dragoneye? I never thought of him talking to outside merchants, or do you have secondary occupations?

Rain shrugged and went off to find Raven.

((Meh. Been busy...

Leaving Monday to Wednesday for camping on the beach.

Tomorrow I'm packing/ hanging with my friend from out of state. ))

(((Drunk character development are best character development)))

Roxy hitched a ride with Namina back to the airlock. Locking her elbow with hers and taking a sip of her drink as she pulled them both along. Back in the airlock, Roxy removed her communication gear and waited for the airlock to pressurize. As soon as she got the green light she could answer Namina's offer, "Hell yeah I would love to see your bangin' ship" she said enthusiastically. Her hair changed green slowly and her face began to tinge pink. She had been drinking free beer since she jumped onto Grix's ship and lost count a while ago. She thought about Namina's dragon guard and smiled, 'He seemed nice," She said, looking at the green dragon in the cargo hold with the others. She was surprised to hear that she doesn't drink, "Wait, you guys don't drink on this boat?", she asked it disbelief, "Every ship I have ever been on has been stocked with more booze than bullets."

Her hair lost it's green luster when she heard Dotzrus's voice. She didn't know why, but he was really getting on her nerves. She didn't realize it since she had been away from her original company for about twenty minutes, but she didn't miss them at all. She rolled her eyes and remembered what she said. The ship was back in working order. She grabbed Namina's arm and stuck her mouth to her ear, "Hey. I just had an idea...But I can't tell you here", she said, "How about that tour and I'll let you have it"

No, we stop so often that alcohol is a waste of cargo space. Having valuable cargo on board meant they had to stop to trade often. That way, there was no fear of losing a profit to pirates. But she could hold her own against the space-faring criminals. She listened absentmindedly as she thought, pausing only to take a large swig from the bottle she had been gifted. Right then, a tour. This way. Namina had grown rather tolerant to what civilized folk would deem uncomfortable. So tipsy women getting somewhat close had no effect on her. Walking with her free arm linked with Roxy's, she led the way to the empty room in the ship. As the metal door slid open, the mostly vacant bedroom was revealed.

This'll be yours. It's not very well furnished, but we can change that. She could already imagine how to decorate the room. It would be cozy by the time namina was finished. The woman tugged Roxy along to Soreth's room. Inside was a simple loft, a desk, and a hide rug of some sort. On the desk was a diary of some sort, and one of his elegantly curved horns. It had been lost ages ago, but had obviously grown back. Namina, who had already downed her first drink, tossed the empty bottle into the trash. She picked the horn and sat upon the dragon's desk. these were worth quite a bit, as they had ornate, natural carvings into them. Spirals and small fissures grew into Soreth's horns. The material was the intergalatic equivalent to ivory, but was a flint-like color and much harder. A few moments of contemplating taking it, and she set it back down. Right then. Let's keep going.

The small ship had resulted in a fast tour, as she had very little to show around. Her own personal flask had been snagged in the process, and then drained of its contents. By the time the tour had ended, Namina was grateful for being able to lean against Roxy. You know...Inraint really kinda sucks. She had slumped in the pilot's seat and undone the tight braid in her hair. Thick, glossy waves of black hair partially covered her flushed face. Like, a lot. I mean, where else in the multiverse does both your parents get killed? Dad ended up getting shot with a plasma rifle. Humans, man, they're so weak. Not like others in Inriant. So soft-skinned. Mom...she was stabbed by a Ferin Ya know...the mercenaries. I was twelve. That's how I got my first scar. Her originally slack face had creased as she scowled. Her hand rested on a knotted scar hidden by a tank top. She pulled her shirt down far enough to show the long gash that had long healed and distorted as she aged. There were plenty more scars that littered her smooth skin. Three on her face, half an ear missing, a thick scar across her neck, gunshot wounds in her back, the list was nearly endless.

---

Well, my boss is rather famous. Her services have been requested by many a monarch in the past. I work for the Black Sun. That was Namina's offical name. The Black Sun, as she usually went by, was a famous smuggler and thief. If one wanted a rare item, she would find it for whoever sought it out. For a price, of course. Contacting her was usually difficult and dangerous, but could be managed if one had the right rescources at hand. I'm surprised you didn't recognize her voice whenever she radioed in. Then again, she usually doesn't ask for help.

Edited by shadow_claw

Roxy waved goodbye to the members of the Chaotic Star crew as she was lead away by Namina for her tour. The first stop was a bit of a surprise, "I get a room?" she asked, her hair shifting pink. She was ok with sleeping on something flat in the cargo bay. The room was plenty enough. She wouldn't be spending much time in there anyway, "Wow this is better than I'm treated on most ships. Only the superstitious ones, really". She would definatly be making some minor modifications sometime soon.

Roxy managed to snag a few swigs from Namina's drink when it seemed that she wouldn't get her hand bitten off. Their next stop was Soreth's room. That Soreth was an interesting character. Most people act so calm the first time they see her. Usually there was a lot of shouting and sometimes gunfire. Roxy traced her fingers along it's surface of the horn as she spoke. This material was strange. It felt like some kind of super fingernail. She always like the look of backwards curved horns. She was surprised to see Namina throwing her bottle away. Where had the beverage gone?

Roxy remembered when they got to the cockpit. Roxy was sitting in the copiolit chair sideways. Her feet slung over the armrest and she sat facing Namina. Her hair changed blue as she spoke about her past. She was sorry that she had to grow up like that. Roxy knew that Namina wasn't looking for her pity, "Well...Phang wasn't that great either", she said with a shrug, "I lost my mom when I was young too. Little sis too. Executed on my behalf" She said. She leaned her head back and regretted drinking from Namina's secret stash. She did not feel good. When she sat back up she continued, "Not sure where Dad is. Most men leave Phang as missionaries. My dad is still wandering the multiverse. Or he is dead. I'll never know" Her head tipped forward heavily and she twisted around so she was in the chair correctly. She put her elbows on her knees and hung her head, "We all have dead people Namina. censorkip.gif yeah it sucks. censorkip.gif yeah it hurts. But it's part of who we are today. Roxy lived by this. Always keep going and roll with the punches. " I am jealous of your kickass scars though. I don't have any gnarly battle wounds to show you she said with a laugh. Her mohawk tinting pink on the fringes.

There was a long silence after Roxy spoke. This was partially because nausea was starting to settle in. Oh man. That wasn't good. I hate being a criminal. Her voice was soft when she finally spoke. I never got a choice on what to do. It was steal or starve. Kill or die. I hate it. And now I'm some kinda thief lord... Sure, the fact that she was no longer pursued by any sort of law enforcement was kinda nice, but it was also kind of upsetting. Namina liked being a thief, but she hated the fact that she had no choice on the matter. I know, I sound real whiny. I couldn't just wander like you. It was never that easy.

(((I'm just going to assume the pilot seats are on boom arms and not mounted to the floor.)))

Roxy's hair changed blue when Namina spoke again about how she hated being a criminal. Roxy had waves of guilt from time to time. Mostly when she found something she wasn't suppose to on the ships she hitchhikes on. Roxy kicked off the floor and the chair drifted towards hers. They collided a little too hard and Roxy had to grab the armrest of the Captain's chair to keep from punching her into the wall. Roxy put her hand on Namina's shoulder, "Well it sounds to me like you did have a choice. Steal or starve, you said it yourself. It sounds to me like you found something your good at" she said, punching the girl lightly in the jaw, "So buck up, girly. You have a kick ass ship and steady job." Roxy put air quotes around the word job for comedic effect. "I didn't choose to be a wanderer either. It was kinda the only thing I could do when my little troop disbanded" she said sitting back in her chair heavily, "your the first person that I have had an actual conversation with for about...well...I can't really remember" She said sheepishly. Fibb was the last person she talked to and that was back on Wreth. That was...one month ago? Two? She lost track.

Roxy broke the silence between them with a question, "Have you ever heard of the Phantom Hitchhiker? It's that old ghost story crew members pass around at hub planets and orbital stations" she said, her hair bleeding back to it's neutral green. She promised the woman that she had a secret to tell her. Even if she kinda flaunts it around like it was an everyday thing to walk into space without a suit. She figured a her personal campfire story would be a good way to break the ice.

Dotzrus looked up from his browsing.

The "Black Sun" is a common name my friend. Many organizations and people use it. As for her, I have not heard of her.

He looked back down at a book as he flipped through the pages.

Let's just say I've been away from the local universe for awhile... On business...

He closed the book and went to the next. His body flipping through the pages, but his eyes stared through the book at nothing, his mind focused elsewhere.

((Shadow, do you need a repost for Grix?))

((You didn't miss anything on the Chaos Star, you only missed Roxy help with some ship repairs, Grix being a tad jealous that Rain is praising Soreth, Dotz is looking in the Daggerback's cargo, and thats pretty much it.))

((Ok then. Thanks. Hopefully time for a really long post.))

After a bit of searching, Rain found Raven. However, she looked to be rather distraught. "What's wrong?" The angel sat down beside her wolffish friend. "You had the dreams again, didn't you?" Of course Rain already knew the answer. She even knew which dream it was. But she didn't let Raven know that. "Yeah," she said quietly, shifting to her human form and hugging her knees to her chest. "It wasn't one of the bad ones though." Rain nodded, struggling to find something comforting to say. "They can't get you anymore, Raven. You're under my protection, and in space."

"But it doesn't change what I am. What they've done to me." The girl seemed to shift to someone unrecognizable. Underneath the shell Raven had built, was still a frightened girl. "I know," Rain replied, bringing a dark wing around Raven. "But you still hold onto it. You've let them get into your head like this. You need to block it out."

"You don't think I haven't tried, Rain?" Again, the angel fell silent. "I believe you have. But you're still seeking revenge. Until you've either gotten it, or learned to let it go, it will always hang over you." Raven faced her, tears welling up. "How?" She asked, pleading. "That's only for you to figure out. I can't help you." She direly wished she could. But Rain couldn't simply pry whatever sub-conscious hold it held over her from Raven. If there was a way, she would've done it already. "It takes time; stuff like this."

"It's been three years." Rain rubbed her brow. "I know, I know. But you've still been fighting them. Here, they can't find you. Eventually, you'll forget about them..."

"Are we really going to just stay here? Hiding from them?" There it was. The flicker of the deeply pitted anger. It was what prevented her from being able to simply make peace with it all. No, this is what wanted revenge. The Wolf. A nearly uncontrollable thing that dwelled in Raven. Whether it had always been there, or had manifested, attaching itself to Raven's wolffish mind, was a mystery.

"You could always go back. No one is forcing you to stay here, Raven. The only one keeping you here is yourself." The fire faded from her eyes. "You're right." She said quietly. As a head appeared in the doorway, Raven looked up, rising to her feet. It was Jean. "Everything all right in here?" She'd picked up on the emotional distress of Raven, and instantly had been drawn to it. "Yeah. Fine." The angel looked back to Raven. "Ok then..." Jean ducked back out and continued onto her mission to the cargo bay. "Are you ok now?" Rain asked Raven quietly, rising with Raven. The girl nodded. "I just need a few minutes alone." Reluctantly, the angel abided, exiting the room.

Once Rain was gone, Raven ran her fingers through her hair, exhaling heavily. It still felt as though her blood was on fire. Right now, she felt like she could run laps around the world twice. However, she didn't entirely understand why. Feeling like this often came and went. The only explanation she had for it, was The Wolf getting anxious. Her thoughts began to drift, settling on Dotzrus. Maybe he could help.

Dotzrus looked through a book area and found one of interest. He took it and thanked Soreth for the gift. He boarded the Chaos Star and passed Rain.

Is Raven still napping? I want her to know that we are leaving soon. Also you should talk to Grix, he isn't in the best mood and I think only a certain angel can cheer him up.

He said the last part with a smirk and a pat to the shoulder.

Grix lay wasted on the couch groaning from a headache and frustration.

...stupid dragons... Stupid stupids... Stupid *hic* drinking...

"Raven is... Not. Uh, you should maybe you should talk to her." At the mention of Grix, she nodded, off to find him. And she did. "Oh boy. Grix?" Drunk people were often hard to deal with. Whenever she'd interacted with them... Well, it hadn't ended well. But this was Grix. Hopefully.

Grix looked up, vision slightly blurry.

Oh great... look angel, if your here to kill me make it quick, I got things to do...

He finished the bottle and tossed it.

Dotzrus watched Rain as she went to find Grix, it was funny how they sent eachother to talk to their own friends, like a trade off. With a shrug he headed to the room Raven occupied and knocked on the door.

Raven, it's Dotzrus. You in there?

"Oh, yeah." Pulled from her thoughts, she looked up at Doztrus uncomfortably.

Rain sighed and shook her head, catching the bottle before it shattered. "I'm not going to kill you." She moved his legs then sat down carefully, spreading her wings slightly so they won't be crushed. "If I wanted to kill you, you would've been dead already." A light chuckle escaped her. Setting the bottle down, she faced him.

Grix grunted still can't see that it's Rain and too drunk to hear that it's her voice,

All angels want to do is kill me... angels and dragons... I'm surprised Dotzrus even *hic* keeps me around...

Dotzrus walked in more and sat down at a chair in the room, he looked eye to eye with her.

Are you alright? Your lacking in your usual happy and hungry personality.

".... No. Everything is not alright." She exhaled and buried her face in her hands. "For the last three years, I haven't slept more than fifteen minutes at a time. Whenever I close my eyes, I'm back in that place. the lack of sleep if finally taking it's toll."

"Stop it." The angel said sternly, shaking her head. "Don't be ridiculous."

Grix turns over, face away from Rain,

How would you know? It's not like you could care, just because half my blood is tainted, doesn't give your kind a reason to hate me...

Dotzrus sighed, he too has had times of no sleep, nightmares haunting him, and the past lingering, she was in the early stages, he has had decades to adapt.

The past sucks. It's cold, lingering, and painful most of the time. I think it's time you look the other way, the future. It's open, free, wonderous and mysterious all in one. but before your head turns from past to future, your eyes need to look over the present. That's where you are right now. Keep yours eyes on the present, keep your mind and dreams to turn to the future. It's hard, may even seem impossible, but will strong will, friends, and a passionate soul like you got, I know you can do it.

"It's a lot easier said than done.... But I suppose I shouldn't give up hope yet." The girl rose and walked slowly over to Dotzrus, shifting as she did so, and laid at his feet. "I don't want to go back to Earth. Yet... I find myself aching for revenge. Often, I dwell on the thoughts of it. The feel of their bones cracking between my jaws. Their blood, dripping from my fangs..." Again, a fire began to take hold of her. But it ebbed away just as quickly as it came.

"Oh for Heaven's sake, Grix. I don't hate you. And you're not the only one with a tainted bloodline..." She braced herself against the headreast of the couch, then leaned forward to see his face. "What ever made you think that because of your origin, we hate you? Angels... Are incapable of hate anyways. Most of us. Even then, you're a good... Person." She brushed back a stray lock of hair.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Grix looked up at Rain with an emotionless glare.

What about demon blood? You kill demons, you can't say you don't hate them and yet kill them...

Dotzrus leaned over and put his hand on her head. He tried to give off an aura of comfort, but it was up to her to except it.

No you shouldn't, but don't rely on hope. Focus your will and spirit. Human, wolf, angel, demon, dragon, Alpha, we all have souls, as well as every living thing. Use that energy and connection,and you can do great things... Enough of me rambling about the soul... Would you like me to stay? We can't really leave till the other ship unhooks and I'm not against... Being with you...

He smiled at her as he brushed his hand through her fur.