Vorgin

Dotz and Raven's Chaotic Cosmic Adventure

((Since Raven and Dotzrus are in a completely different room...))

Grix looked up at Nethaeros.

It would probably be a good idea to get with Roxy about that. She went down the the star itself to investigate, she would be the best person to talk to about further investigation...

He turned back to Rain.

What's strange? You just zoned out...

Dotzrus fiddled with the elemental water he created, not noticing Raven's stare.

So third option then, do you have a object from your past that made you happy, an activity you like to do, a person you love? Anything like that is a good start to refocusing onto positive images.

Raven shook her head. "No..." She replied quietly. But a memory sought it's way to the surface. It was the same memory from before, but broken into pieces. There was the buzz of the alarms, and the metallic taste of blood lingering in her mouth. Before her, lay the body of her master. The closest person she had to a friend then. "There's nothing that I could use from my past like that." A mental prod made her want to shift to her wolf form and simply try and block it all out. Yet, she resisted the urge.

"Raven is giving of strange waves of emotions. I can't read them very well, but they are pretty powerful." The angel scratched her head in thought. "I'll go," suddenly piped a voice. Jean stepped out from the cargo bay, looking Nethaeros up and down slowly. She wasn't doing much anyway. Traveling to the dead star seemed interesting enough.

((Might add in a character to torment Raven... Only problem is, how would he get into space? Unless... *starts scribbling down ideas* ))

Dotzrus nodded and with a flick of the wrist, the ring of water turned into a ring of fire. It produced heat but could be touched and not burn anyone.

Alright, then do you have a favorite keepsake or person you love? Those are the other two options?

...Maybe Dotz is pissing her off or something. Sometimes that guy won't shut up when he needs to... Oh well, his Robles if she pounces him and rips out his eyes.

He laughed at the thought, mostly because ripping out his eyes would really do much, but getting his butt handed to him by a woman was always funny.

Raven's eyes lit up, and she produced a small item. It was a piece of thick, circular, black metal. On it, was stamped a strange rune. "As long as you carry this," the words echoed through her mind. "I'll always be with you." Her eyes began to water, but she blinked away the tears. She held it up slowly between her thumb and pointer finger. "I have this," she said quietly.

"Yeah..." Rain absently stroked a lone feather. She was lost in thoughts.

"I know where she is." This earned quite a few looks from the men tapping away at the computers. A man in a long lab coat entered, his face paling as he set his eyes on the man. "You.. But..."

"That is not important, now is it, Dr. Blackwell?" He shook his head slowly. "Good. Now, out little friend is actually off planet-"

"And how do you suppose you're going to get there?"

"I have my ways, doctor. Now if you don't want to be scaring her and her friends off, I suggest you let me go alone." The scientist nodded slowly. By now, a few of the veteran workers recognized him, and their jaws were agape. "I will be on my way now."

"You better not let me down." The man stopped, a small smile spreading. "Don't you worry, doctor. Don't you worry."

Grix turned and faced Rain.

What's got you Rain... Your acting a little funny. Something I said?

Dotzrus smiled,

Well that's good... Uh... What is it if I may ask?

Common curiosity hit him as he sat up and the fire ring vanished.

((Ugh... Short posts... Tired... Post your reply and I'll do my reply later today... It's 1:12am here.))

Nethaeros looked at the person who spoke up. "Well, if you want to come, get your spacesuit or whatever you use and meet me in the primary airlock. We can do introductions later." The Voidwalker was a mix of anxious and excited. There may be an entity out of even his league in the sector, and he didn't know where it could be. Opening and closing his hands, he walked to the airlock.

"I'm fine. It's Raven that I worry about."

Raven looked up from the trinket. "It's a gift I got from my mentor before..." Before I killed him... "Before he died. He never really told me what it was." The metal was glowing ever so slightly, but it was impossible to be seen by any creature.

"I don't need any of that stuff," Jean said, catching up quickly with Neth. Her powers alloted her to travel through space unaided. Pretty handy, considering they were now in space.

He could feel his markings buzzing as he began to collect energy from around him. Most were hidden from view, other were purposefully covered, like the ones that marked his arms. The man had specifically been tracking Raven now for many years. Sensing that Raven had much capability, more than anyone would ever know, he'd taken to mentoring her. The incident in which Raven killed him, had only been a test to see how far she could be pushed until snapping. Since then, he'd simply gone incognito; changing his appearance and observing her from afar.

His form began to grow transparent, and finally, completely fade out from the surroundings. This now rendered him hidden from sight as he took the next step to reaching Raven. A rune from his forearm began to glow brightly. This was the same one that could be found on the coin. The coin acted as a spawn point, allowing him to travel within the vicinity of wherever the coin was. In this case, Doztrus and Grix's ship.

((Most of his rune can be found here. ))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Grix put his arm around Rain,

She's a big girl, I highly doubt you need to worry about her. Besides emotions are natural, don't tell me she doesn't normally feel emotions...

Dotzrus sighed,

Then I might suggest NOT using that... A keepsake from a dead loved one doesn't usually help this situation... Ugh, I'm not sure how to help you Raven... Keepsakes usually come from loved ones, and loved ones don't just appear out of thin air. A bond needs to be made, sacrifices willingly need to be taken, but that all depends on the kind of love. But I want to hear what you think.

Dotzrus looked her straight in the eyes to get a grasp on what she focused on, maybe something she has been locking away that is let out, would be better for her.

"He was like a father to me..." The room's energy seemed to change. "And I killed him!" The last words were barely a whisper. A howl itched at the back of her throat, yet she held steady. "It was a training session... And..." Raven shook her head. "I couldn't control it...!" Squeezing her eyes shut, she brought her hands to her head, then dropped to her knees, letting her her hands fall.

"She is, but much like a prepubescent teen, all of those emotions are magnified... Dangerously so. As well as she can be... Rather dramatic at some times doesn't help either." The angel shifted uncomfortable. As the wave of emotions washed over her, she went to spring up.

Grix grabbed her arm,

Hold up Rain, you've been helping Raven for a long time it seems, let Dotzrus give it a try, he might be a pain in the ass, but he is wise, let him try... you can take a break from that for just now.

Dotzrus kneels quietly down beside her and wraps his arms around her in an embrace.

...shhh... it's okay... if you couldn't control it, it wasn't your fault... you said it yourself, things happen for a reason... Whether you forgive yourself or not, no one here hates you, no one here fears any part of you... If you truly want to honor your master's name, try to help us help you. I know that he would want you to be happy...

Rain looked at him like a hurt puppy, but obliged silently. "I was originally assigned to watch over Raven." The angel began. "They thought since we are so alike, I would be the best fit. Her mentor? The man she... Well, I suppose no longer talks about... Well he is known as 'Rune' in the Void... He was trying to use Raven for something, but no one really knows what yet. But we assumed the worst."

The girl seemed to be put at ease by his words. However, The Wolf did not appericte the sudden embrace. It lashed out, shoving Dotzrus back. This earned a frustrated growl from Raven, then a profuse apology. "I am so sorry!" Kneeling by Dotzrus, she embraced him this time, and The Wolf just shrugged. "I'm such a... I don't even know a word."

The rune peeled from his skin, then grew and morphed into a rectangle. At first, it was only black, but then images soared up from the dark. The first, was one showing Raven and a man she did not recognize... Hugging? My, that was strange behavior for her. My little girl is growing up... he thought silently. Swiping his hand across the image it changed to one of the cargo bay. Perfect.

As expected, Namina had dozed off once again. She tried to stay awake, but was having a good bit of problems. Drinking and whining because of being tipsy was exhausting. Really...Huh...that's neat... Staying engaged in a conversation when half-asleep was harder than it sounded. As soon as the gravity flipped, however, she was jolted alert. Thank God Roxy had taken the precaution of strapping her in. Unlike Roxy, she couldn't control gravity or really...anything. She would've fallen right on her head if not strapped in. As soon as grabity righted itself, Namina began to giggle. Woah! What else can ya do, huh? That's amazing! This was all said, of course, in-between bouts of giggles. She'd turned the whole ship upside-down! That was way cool!

Dotzrus hugged her again.

It's okay, I'm fine. I'm not worried about the Big Bad Wolf, I'm worried about your sanity... but you, you are a wonderful and talented woman. There is no worse thing to say. The fact you could hold back shows power, which means you can dominate whatever is inside you. Believe me on that.

He gives her a reassuring smile.

Grix leaned back at the mention of the "Rune".

"Rune" huh? Never heard of him. Well, he's gone for now right, so nothing to worry about, right?

Raven was unsure how to reply. "T-thank you." She pulled him closer. The circular metal trinket she held had rolled under one of the beds, and now was glowing brightly. Of course, Raven was too distracted by Dotzrus to notice.

Rain nodded. "As far as we know. But he is powerful enough to hide himself from our Sight."

The rectangular window widened into a door and he stepped through. Had anyone been watching, he would have simply just appeared as though he was walking out of thin air.

As he stepped through the door shrank back into a glowing rune, and reapplied itself to his skin. The man brushed his suit off and readjusted his tie. As he did so, his form began to appear again, the glowing rune on his left forearm dimming just as the one had before.

Grix sighed and he put his head on Rain's lap.

I'm beginning to miss the days we were stronger than everyone else we knew...

Dotzrus just remained in the embrace,

It's not a problem. If ever you need to talk or vent to anyone, I'll be here for you. You got Rain AND me for company... Grix... I wouldn't bother him with personal stuff.

He laughed trying to make her cheer up.

"Me too..." Rain agreed quietly.

Raven chuckled lightly, but she stiffened, pulling away, and perking up. "No, it can't be..." Shifting to her wolf form, she again scented the air, and her ears shoved forward. "My head is playing tricks on me." She began to laugh lightly.

Of course he hadn't taken in the fact that Raven's acute nose would pick up his scent. It, having been one she'd commited to memory, would be impossible for her to forget. As well as one she still searched the air for subconsciously. The man straightened, and headed for the door.

Dotzrus looked in confusion.

Now what?

Dotzrus heard a dinging noise from his watch.

Really... now of all times... I mean what the fu-

-ck.

Grix finished as the dinging noise was on his watch too. He got up and looked out of the window.

No ships, vessals, and people STILL come in here uninvited...

"Hello, Raven."

Her eyes widened. So, he was here. But...

That was impossible. She killed him. Stepping out of the room, Raven followed the scent, coming to a stop a few feet in front of him. Her jaw parted in surprise. "It's good to see you." Raven wasn't sure whether she should be angry, freak out, or simply throw herself at him.

"Oh censorkip.gif ." Rain knew he was here. By skipping over Raven's mind, she saw him. "I know who your guest is." As she stood, her clothes shimmered and was replaced with her silver armor. "This man is dangerous. Do not be fooled by his calm demeanor." She had to find Raven.

((Swim practice. Will return in two hours or so.))

Dotzrus and Grix both pull out their sword and point them at the new guys throat.

Who the hell are you? And how the hell did you get on my ship??

What the hell do you want? This place is getting too crowded as it is...

They both stood in sync, attitude unlike what they were acting like before.

The wolf snarled and snapped at Grix and Dotzrus. Shifting to her human form, she tried to push them back. "Back off. You guys can talk to him after me." There was no waver in her voice, and her eyes were like steel. "Easy now, Raven. I am on their ship. It's the right thing to do; to introduce myself." The man smiled lightly. "My name is Baek Liadem Adurns. I was Raven's mentor. Technically, you could say I still am. I am sorry for the intrusion, but I had to talk to Raven here." He seemed genuinely sorry, but Rain narrowed her eyes, thoughts swirling through her. Raven turned and faced Baek. She was still at a conflict, but the calm in his eyes seemed to also settle her. She stepped forward, wrapping her arms around him. Baek reciprocated the hug. "I have missed you."

"Why..."

"I know. I am sorry for doing that to you. But now is not the time to discuss this." He gently placed and arm around her shoulders. "If you do not mind, I would now like to speak to Raven in private. We can sort out the rest of this later?"

((Just to be clear, Baek is like a father to her. I mean, it's still a fairly odd relation between them... But there's no love interest or anything.))

Nethaeros nodded to Jean, reaching for the button to open the airlock, before stopping with his fingers a centimeter from the circle. "Do you have motion sickness?" He asked the woman.

((I understand that, Dotzrus won't be jealous or anything.))

They lower their swords and watch carefully. Dotzrus goes the the captains chair and Grix passed Rain with a look telling her, "You watch, call if you need help." He then sits down on the couch.

"Nope." She pushed the button, not wanting to wait any longer. A hiss filled the air lock and she watched the ripples of oxygen snake out into space. "Kind of cool how quiet it is." She said telepathically. "Seeing as how sound is a longitudinal wave, it needs a medium to travel through. Being as there's no air, there's no medium. So, in space, no one can hear you scream!" The doctor chattered on excitedly, drifting through the vacuum.

The angel nodded, and watched as the pair disappeared into the room. Of course, she wasn't about to let Raven go in alone. Before the door shut, she slipped in, bending shadows and light alike around her to hide her form. "Why did you do that to me?" Raven demanded sadly. "I wanted you to see your full potential, Raven." He took her hand gently, but she pulled away. "You left me emotionally scarred for years on end, thinking I'd killed the man that was the closest thing I had to a father." Baek shook his head. "I know; and I'm truly sor-"

"Sorry isn't going to fix the endless nightmares that keep me from sleeping. Sorry isn't going to fix what those ****ers did to me in that place! You were the only one standing between them and nearly slicing me open just for kicks!" Her fists clenched tightly, and her knuckles began to turn white. "And yet, look how strong you've become! In the thought of my death, you found the fire to escape!"

"You're sick." She spat angrily. "Raven..."

"What?" Baek sat down heavily on the bed. "I can't take back all those sleepless nights for you. I know I couldn't help you avoid what they did to you in my absence. But... I can help you now, if you only let me." He looked up at her, his blue eyes pleading. Don't trust him, Raven. Please don't... But he was her only shot at getting better, wasn't he?

After a long moment of silence, the girl nodded. "Ok," was all she said in the quiet. Baek rose to his feet. "They don't see in you your true potential. We are going to unlock that as well." He smiled at her. "You mean... The Wolf? But Rain says..."

"She is just afraid of your power! They want to keep you chained up and unable to unlock it. I can help you control it."

"But..."

"Who do you trust? People you met not even six hours ago? Or me, the man you've known before you could walk?" And the same man who abandoned me... But he has a point. Baek extended his hand, and Raven took it.

Rain passed through the door and went straight to Dotzrus. "No. No. No. This can not happen." She paced the room angrily. "Raven is trusting him. He can't be trusted! We should've killed him on the spot!" Wringing her hands, the angel's wings began to spread. "But if we kill him, who knows what will happen to Raven!" Rain began pacing again.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

"Well, nobody will really need to scream seeing as we are the only ones out here." The Voidwalker responded telepathically. "Now, get a bit closer to me, about in a 2 meter radius. The reason I asked about motion sickness is... Well, I'll explain it. I'm going to reduce our mass to 0 then create a wormhole that will transport everything in a 2 meter radius to the surface." He raised his left hand, thumb and forefinger together like he was getting ready to snap his fingers.