Obscure_Trash

Emotional Support

To Sock, Omega Entity, and anyone else,

I wanted to post an update regarding my emotional issue. I was still waiting to have the talk with my boyfriend after we had gone to see a movie this weekend, but when I called him last night he decided he couldn't wait and decided to end the relationship himself. Which, although it bothered me, I think it was for the best.

Right now my life is so crazy and unpredictable that I can't accurately plan anything without the chance of something coming up to change it. Plus the stress it was putting on me wasn't helping me at all. So, I actually got a lot of stressed lifted off with the news.

We decided to still be friends since we've known each other since Middle school and we were always friends first and we still have many things in common.

Maybe in the future we may try again when my life isn't as crazy and he's learned to not put s much pressure on something that can't be helped.

For now though, I'm okay. And again, I wanted to thank you guys for your advice. smile.gif

Well, I am glad to see that things have seemingly worked out for the best, even if unexpectedly. Thanks for posting again! o3o

New semester, new classes...

I don't see the friends I made in any, nor at lunch...

Literally I'm in classes with complete strangers, save for the teachers whom I met and talked with and are so freaking nice <3

But now it's like...I'm back to how I felt when returning to school...just flat out depressed and lonely. My brother went back to College, gym teacher is nice, but the workouts and such make me so sore the next day, and just...eughh.

I don't know anybody so that means I can't speak to them because of my social anxiety..I'd much rather them initiate the conversation, but it's obvious that won't be happening, considering it's been a week so far into the new classes.

I'm getting my report card and got two Cs on two subjects I wasn't that good at..my dad is going to kill me, he believes that I should've studied another way or tried harder.

I WAS. He's convinced I can remember all this and do everything he did, but I can't. My memory isn't the same as his (even though we both don't have good memory and have ADHD, he won't admit it though) He links me to websites that would work if I didn't have such a strange brain...

I was actually very happy before the semester realization hit me..it's not like I want to give up on learning, it's just the usual thing I felt for so long...just lonely..and depressed. I need a hug or something...maybe a friend..

Literally I'm in classes with complete strangers, save for the teachers whom I met and talked with and are so freaking nice <3

But now it's like...I'm back to how I felt when returning to school...just flat out depressed and lonely.  My brother went back to College, gym teacher is nice, but the workouts and such make me so sore the next day, and just...eughh.

I don't know anybody so that means I can't speak to them because of my social anxiety..I'd much rather them initiate the conversation, but it's obvious that won't be happening, considering it's been a week so far into the new classes.

I'm getting my report card and got two Cs on two subjects I wasn't that good at..my dad is going to kill me, he believes that I should've studied another way or tried harder.

I WAS. He's convinced I can remember all this and do everything he did, but I can't. My memory isn't the same as his (even though we both don't have good memory and have ADHD, he won't admit it though) He links me to websites that would work if I didn't have such a strange brain...

I was actually very happy before the semester realization hit me..it's not like I want to give up on learning, it's just the usual thing I felt for so long...just lonely..and depressed. I need a hug or something...maybe a friend..

I have ADHD and anxiety too, and for sure know how hard school is with it.

So I completely know how you're feeling right now.

I'm so sorry about what you're going through, I hope it gets easier as you go along.

If it makes you feel better, I believe you when you say you tried and worked hard, there's no doubt in my mind that you did.

Your dad can think what he wants, but he's wrong if he thinks you didn't work hard.

You got a C, but that's not a fail - you did your best.

I think that deserves praise, not punishment! I, for one, am proud of you.

Edited by Silverwinter

But now it's like...I'm back to how I felt when returning to school...just flat out depressed and lonely. My brother went back to College, gym teacher is nice, but the workouts and such make me so sore the next day, and just...eughh.

*hugs you tightly*

Sweetheart, there is nothing wrong with you or how you learn things. He needs to realize that giving you a hard time and lecturing you does nothing to help you and only puts more stress on you. Believe me, I have so been there.

I myself have A.D.H.D. (without the hyperactivity part) and trying to concentrate is beyond difficult, especially with all of this on your mind.

I've also been in that situation where you're a complete stranger. I wouldn't say eavesdrop, but try to listen in on other's conversations and if a chance comes up where they are discussing a topic you know about and can give an opinion about, (like a favorite movie or a good restaurant) try and drop in your two cents. it may not seem like much, but it opens the door to possible further involvement with others in your classes.

If you're having trouble studying why not look for a quite place like a library or a restaurant with wifi and listen to music? That helped me when I needed to focus.

It's never easy dealing with loneliness and depression, and dealing with ADHD on top of that only makes it harder, but you're a strong person. You can pull through it. I believe in you. happy.gif

*hugs*

Hello.

I've been having a tough time as well. Mostly from stress and not really liking myself as much as I should. Here are the main causes:

Stress:

• Me procrastinating
  • Volleyball (My teammates are supportive but I'm way out of shape)
  • My health (Mostly what I eat and how much exercise I get)
  • Band practice (This specific, difficult song I have to play someday in front of judges that I am terrified of)
  • My mother (She and I quarrel frequently and she's very frightening sometimes)
Myself and Feelings:
  • I find it extremely hard to trust others, even to the point where any compliments I receive seem as if they're saying it because it's nice or as a joke rather than actually complimenting. I feel like I don't deserve compliments and it doesn't really help me feel good about myself.
  • I haven't really felt true happiness in a while. Sometimes I feel like joy is just a temporary lack of sadness.
  • ACNE. It's all over my face. And with society putting up pictures of what a girl "should look like" it makes me feel horrible.
  • I try my best to hide my feelings. I know that people might help me if they found out but there's also the fact that I don't trust people. Even here on the internet I'm a completely different person. Well, except for this post I guess. I'm glad this thread exists or you guys wouldn't know.
  • My lack of good friends. I have maybe one or two real life friends and a few internet friends but that's it.

Thank you if you actually took the time to read all that. If not, that's still fine. And I feel so sorry for you all who came here to post something of your own. I know a lot of you are suffering more than I am. If I had the choice to rid the world of all problems, but I had to die to do so, then I would do it, because seven and a half billion lives are worth more than just my measly one. And I really mean that when I say it. If it was possible to hug you all through my screen I would.

Hello.

I've been having a tough time as well. Mostly from stress and not really liking myself as much as I should. Here are the main causes:

Stress:

Me procrastinating

Volleyball (My teammates are supportive but I'm way out of shape)

My health (Mostly what I eat and how much exercise I get)

Band practice (This specific, difficult song I have to play someday in front of judges that I am terrified of)

My mother (She and I quarrel frequently and she's very frightening sometimes)

Myself and Feelings:

I find it extremely hard to trust others, even to the point where any compliments I receive seem as if they're saying it because it's nice or as a joke rather than actually complimenting. I feel like I don't deserve compliments and it doesn't really help me feel good about myself.

I haven't really felt true happiness in a while. Sometimes I feel like joy is just a temporary lack of sadness.

ACNE. It's all over my face. And with society putting up pictures of what a girl "should look like" it makes me feel horrible.

I try my best to hide my feelings. I know that people might help me if they found out but there's also the fact that I don't trust people. Even here on the internet I'm a completely different person. Well, except for this post I guess. I'm glad this thread exists or you guys wouldn't know.

My lack of good friends. I have maybe one or two real life friends and a few internet friends but that's it.

Thank you if you actually took the time to read all that. If not, that's still fine. And I feel so sorry for you all who came here to post something of your own. I know a lot of you are suffering more than I am. If I had the choice to rid the world of all problems, but I had to die to do so, then I would do it, because seven and a half billion lives are worth more than just my measly one. And I really mean that when I say it. If it was possible to hug you all through my screen I would.

Hi, I don't have a lot of energy right now for all of the things I'd like to say to you.

What I can say is that I'm sorry you are going through a tough time right now.

I totally get what you mean when you say you don't trust people - I do that too.

Your acne is normal from all the stress that you are under, and though there are ways to prevent it (creams, lotion, drinking water, etc.),

I know it can be hard to keep up on it everyday.

Everything you said was very significant.

You are not worthless just because there's a lot of people.

You matter just as much as everyone else does.

Going through school is a tough time for us all, but you'll make it through, no matter how many battles you have to fight to get there.

I didn't think I would make it through high school, but here I still am.

My wish is that your situation gets better and that you find happiness that doesn't just feel like a temporary lack of sadness.

You have so much ahead of you that you don't even know about yet, so many moments that will make you feel lots of different things.

Hang in there, you can do this, I believe in you - and I bet I'm not the only one.

Edited by Silverwinter

I feel really horrible for reasons I can't even explain with words, even if I could I don't have any friends other than my girlfriend to talk to. She's lovely but I don't want to keep dumping my feelings on her. But I also don't want to keep dumping my feelings here!!

Everything is always quiet, the only time it isn't is when I'm hearing annoying disembodied voices.

No matter how much reassurance I get when I'm like this, I always find myself seeking more of it because kind, comforting words are so difficult for me to hold onto. It's ridiculous, really.

Nothing is right aaugh

Edited by Silverwinter

I feel really horrible for reasons I can't even explain with words, even if I could I don't have any friends other than my girlfriend to talk to. She's lovely but I don't want to keep dumping my feelings on her. But I also don't want to keep dumping my feelings here!!

Everything is always quiet, the only time it isn't is when I'm hearing annoying disembodied voices.

No matter how much reassurance I get when I'm like this, I always find myself seeking more of it because kind, comforting words are so difficult for me to hold onto. It's ridiculous, really.

Nothing is right aaugh

ahhh i'm not sure what to say, since i'm pretty bad at comforting people but i stalk read up on the threads sometimes, and you've always been a super kind person to help everyone else!

just wanted to note that if you ever felt bad and needed someone to talk to, feel free to drop me a message!! <33 i hope you're doing okay, and if not, be sure to take care of yourself, okay?

your feelings are valid, and looking for comfort is never something to blame yourself for! if you need to rant, please do. <3

i'm sorry i wasn't much help, i just wanted to say something. ; o ;

Nothing is right aaugh

That feeling is the worst. I'm really sorry that you feel so down and like you don't have anyone to talk to. That's what this thread is for!

I hope you start having some good days. You deserve them. <3

Need some kind words? You're a very kind, compassionate, and helpful person. I'm glad that you decided to join DC. I love seeing you around. =)

@Sock, @Lu

Thank you both very much. I love that there is even a thread for this because I truly do have no where else to vent,

other than therapy but that doesn't really help much anymore, and I also get to help other people here which is good.

When my BPD flares up, oh god I need somewhere to vent.

But right now, I feel a little better because it's not cold outside anymore and I have my window open, your replies were the cherry on top when I woke up just now.

I've been having inner struggles, on and off, for months now. It's always the same thing, I relive horrible situations AND some that haven't actually happened.

My girlfriend has actually made a lot of the weight fall off my back, but the remains are still here and I need to at least express that I feel like this.

I decided to help myself by doing all of the things I've suppressed for years.

Which includes talking the way I want to (literally forced myself to stop using faces like ":3", I wanna use them again honestly!) and I want to get back into things I used to enjoy.

So far, it's actually made me feel better. But there will always be that paranoia with me no matter what I do.

I am just going to end this here by saying thank you guys for helping me and having me here. I appreciate it a lot more than you know.

Edited by Silverwinter

*hugs you tightly*

Sweetheart, there is nothing wrong with you or how you learn things. He needs to realize that giving you a hard time and lecturing you does nothing to help you and only puts more stress on you. Believe me, I have so been there.

I myself have A.D.H.D. (without the hyperactivity part) and trying to concentrate is beyond difficult, especially with all of this on your mind.

I've also been in that situation where you're a complete stranger. I wouldn't say eavesdrop, but try to listen in on other's conversations and if a chance comes up where they are discussing a topic you know about and can give an opinion about, (like a favorite movie or a good restaurant) try and drop in your two cents. it may not seem like much, but it opens the door to possible further involvement with others in your classes.

If you're having trouble studying why not look for a quite place like a library or a restaurant with wifi and listen to music? That helped me when I needed to focus.

It's never easy dealing with loneliness and depression, and dealing with ADHD on top of that only makes it harder, but you're a strong person. You can pull through it. I believe in you. happy.gif

*hugs*

*Hugs Syiren and Silverwinter*

Sorry it took so long to get back, I now have a nasty head cold, four day headache, and missed a day of school today, maybe half the week next since it hasn't gotten better..

I still haven't made any friends of course, save for ones I managed last semester. I decided to show my dad the report card thinking he'd still be proud that I tried..

Oh my god, I was so stupid for deciding that.

I earned a 40 minute lecture, which included him punching the wall, and leaving a DENT, because I got those Cs. He asked if i, myself, honestly, thought it was a good grade. I told him yes, and he told me "That's very sad, you're better than that, that's really sad.." Thanks dad. And he had gone on about how he held me on a pedestal and wanted the best for me, how passionate he was about me, even though he was making me feel horrible, got me the cold because the lecture was out in the cold windy night at maybe 20 degrees, and he cursed like a sailor... I have never cried so hard until that night (Friday). I'm pretty sure I cried myself to sleep, I seriously don't remember what I did after that lecture...and then he said i couldn't go on the computer because I forgot to wash ONE DISH, because I was so exhausted and felt nasty the next day...

@NoraNora

Your dad is very abusive, if you ask me. I was abused and I know the signs.

I'd give you a hug or a dessert you like if I could, honestly. Your dad just seems like a class A jerk, from the bottom of my heart. And I hope I'm not being too rough about it, but when I see parents act like that - man it gets me angrier than anything else!

You don't deserve to be treated like that, I'm so sorry I wish I could do something.

I hope one day you don't have to deal with that.

trigger warning for self-harm and suicide mention (it's not me!)

I keep having dreams where my younger sister and/or mother commit suicide or almost tear their arms to shreds... My mother less so now, since she's doing very well in real life, but my younger sister... she's getting professional help, but it's such a scary path. It almost physically hurts when I see her sleeve fall back, I go into slight shock whenever that subject's mentioned even when it's not related to her in the slightest... I feel faint whenever I think what could happen at the flip of a coin. And I don't want to talk to anyone about it in person - I don't want to cry in front of someone, much less family members who are already giving things their all.

I'm not expecting anything from this, just sometimes dumping my feelings somewhere helps immensely.

TRIGGER WARNING FOR NON-CONSENT MENTION

I don't really have any other place where I can talk about something like this because people who know me IRL would see it, so this is just kind of me shouting to the void.

About a month or so ago a friend and I willingly got together because we were bored or whatever. I laid down some pretty solid rules and lines that I told him he absolutely could not cross, and he blew past all of them immediately.

I've cut all ties with him since then, but I can't help but feel disgusting and dirty and wrong. I hate it. He violated a huge amount of trust I put in him, and it feels so much worse than awful.

Edited by BloodyKisses123

HUGE TRIGGER WARNING FOR NON-CONSENT MENTION

I don't really have any other place where I can talk about something like this because people who know me IRL would see it, so this is just kind of me shouting to the void.

About a month or so ago a friend and I willingly got together because we were bored or whatever. I laid down some pretty solid rules and lines that I told him he absolutely could not cross, and he blew past all of them immediately.

I've cut all ties with him since then, but I can't help but feel disgusting and dirty and wrong. I hate it. He violated a huge amount of trust I put in him, and it feels so much worse than awful.

First, I'm glad you got away from him.

You are definitely not at fault here, I can tell you that much.

I'm so sorry this happened to you, you didn't deserve that.

First, I'm glad you got away from him.

You are definitely not at fault here, I can tell you that much.

I'm so sorry this happened to you, you didn't deserve that.

Thank you, love. smile.gif <3 I really appreciate that.

TRIGGER WARNING FOR NON-CONSENT MENTION

You did what you felt like you should have done, there is nothing wrong with that in this scenario. He broke the rules you laid which was wrong on his part. Hopefully things go on better for you soon and don't feel bad about it.

You did what you felt like you should have done, there is nothing wrong with that in this scenario. He broke the rules you laid which was wrong on his part. Hopefully things go on better for you soon and don't feel bad about it.

Thank you <3

@NoraNora

Your dad is very abusive, if you ask me. I was abused and I know the signs.

I'd give you a hug or a dessert you like if I could, honestly. Your dad just seems like a class A jerk, from the bottom of my heart. And I hope I'm not being too rough about it, but when I see parents act like that - man it gets me angrier than anything else!

You don't deserve to be treated like that, I'm so sorry I wish I could do something.

I hope one day you don't have to deal with that.

Pff, be as rough as you'd like about him, doesn't affect me one bit tongue.gif. Yeah..my mother told me he used to be nicer, but after joining the army and such he became like this rock hard tough guy example or something. My mother and I don't think he's going to change or realize it at this point..

And earlier today, we had a weird phone lecture:

Dad: Hey, can you please wash clothes with the sheets?

Me: Sure!

Dad: you remember the setting for it right?

Me: uh..yes

Dad: and the temperature?

Me: idk..cold?

Dad: <lecture that somehow became about mature conversation, respect, our bond, and proper answers>

...what..

I've spent the last while reading over your guys' comments on this thread and I just wanted to say that if anybody ever needs to talk, or just wants to complain about something, or needs to hear a terrible joke, please PM me. I'd really like to help in any way I can. You all sound like really lovely people, and I hope things work out. You deserve them to.

And on a frightening negative note, that I'm posting here because it may be relevant(?) but is also worrying..

http://archive.is/lhMKP

This is NOT FAKE. I didn't know where else here to post but...be careful everybody.

And on a frightening negative note, that I'm posting here because it may be relevant(?) but is also worrying..

http://archive.is/lhMKP

This is NOT FAKE. I didn't know where else here to post but...be careful everybody.

I did not know of this until you posted it.... how disturbing. That writer's books have actually been found to promote rape, and it was several books too. So traumatising, having been a rape victim myself, that there are people out there promoting men to do these things to others sad.gif This is very upsetting.

That seems very scary, but may I ask who the Return of Kings are? I'm pretty much too frightened to look it up myself. They aren't coming anywhere near me - but I still am plenty scared of them.

And promoting that kind of stuff is far beyond horrifying. Please be safe, everyone.