Obscure_Trash

Emotional Support

And on a frightening negative note, that I'm posting here because it may be relevant(?) but is also worrying..

http://archive.is/lhMKP

This is NOT FAKE. I didn't know where else here to post but...be careful everybody.

Oh my... I'm lucky to not be near any of those but my cousin lives right in town where some of these guys will meet. Why do people feel the need to promote such vile behavior? unsure.gif

That seems very scary, but may I ask who the Return of Kings are? I'm pretty much too frightened to look it up myself. They aren't coming anywhere near me - but I still am plenty scared of them.

And promoting that kind of stuff is far beyond horrifying. Please be safe, everyone.

Essentially MRAs lamenting women gaining indepence from men.

Honestly, I wouldn't be too concerned. I highly doubt there's enough of these cowards to really do anything. Especially since there's some butthurt idiot at the center of it all, blaming women for everything that's gone wrong in his life, a mindset which apparently came about after the woman he was seeing dumped him. If he was ad unstable then as he is now, then it's not hard to see why she rid herself of him.

Edited by Omega Entity

Essentially MRAs lamenting women gaining indepence from men.

Honestly, I wouldn't be too concerned. I highly doubt there's enough of these cowards to really do anything. Especially since there's some butthurt idiot at the center of it all, blaming women for everything that's gone wrong in his life, a mindset which apparently came about after the woman he was seeing dumped him. If he was ad unstable then as he is now, then it's not hard to see why she rid herself of him.

I haven't clicked on that link yet, because I'm about to head out to work and don't really need it on my mind (but I will check it out later) But from what was mentioned in the quote above, it sounds like what was shown on The Mysteries of Laura last night. It was an episode about men who were meeting together in a group that believed women are horrible creatures and that 'man-power' is the riotous way. I know its not fitting to compare this to a TV show, but if a show deems it worthy to be a problem in the show then there must be some merit to it.

Also, @NoraNora - It sounds like it's your father who has the issues he needs to deal with. I also know how it feels to have a stubborn dad who won't listen and the moment you say one thing he doesn't like then he goes into ranting grizzly bear mode. dry.gif It's sad when he won't listen to anything he doesn't want to hear, but you also can try tuning him out. That's not easy, but it's not right for him to treat you in such a way when it isn't your fault.

Believe me, that dish thing irked me. My dad used to check the yard after I had picked it up and then told me where I missed and had me go back out and (in his words) "do it right." rolleyes.gif

I wish I could tell you how to make it work, but sadly I haven't figured out how to fix my own father and I doubt mine can be saved. sleep.gif; But be strong. Tune out the put downs he constantly throws at you and keep charging forward at your own pace. No one can ask for more.

*hugs*

(Sorry my post looks like a poem or something, but it really bothers me when the sentences are all sprawled out and long.)

I miss being friends with people who like hanging out, chatting nonsensically, who vent but are laid back while they do.

I don't want to sound like I'm a crappy friend who doesn't help with problems,

I mean I LOVE helping people with problems and letting them rant at me to their heart's content.

I miss having friends who hung out like that with me, is all.

Like I really miss it and I could cry because I don't think that's ever going to happen again.

Every time I make a friend it's just not the same, not to say that I hate them,

but it's so hard to get that same feeling back I guess.

Edited by Silverwinter

(Sorry my post looks like a poem or something, but it really bothers me when the sentences are all sprawled out and long.)

I miss being friends with people who like hanging out, chatting nonsensically, who vent but are laid back while they do.

I don't want to sound like I'm a crappy friend who doesn't help with problems,

I mean I LOVE helping people with problems and letting them rant at me to their heart's content.

I miss having friends who hung out like that with me, is all.

Like I really miss it and I could cry because I don't think that's ever going to happen again.

Every time I make a friend it's just not the same, not to say that I hate them,

but it's so hard to get that same feeling back I guess.

*hugs Silverwinter and Syiren*

@Syiren

Yeah, he likes to think he's always right, and when he doesn't get his way or whatever he will legit go into another room and POUT. It's so childish

@Silverwinter

Oh my god I definitely feel Ya. I miss hanging and actually talking with the friends I could actually keep. We hardly speak, text or in person..and the new friends I had managed to make hardly speak anymore cause of our classes, which are of course not the same. I would give you a big ol hug if I could, and I'd definitely be your friend like the way you miss..I was also one to listen to rants and comfort them...but sadly I had to keep my own issues inside, so in a way I was jealous they could vent it so easily.

Update on my psycho dad: He came home and I didn't immediately get up to greet him, I was doing Algebra, which is my hardest subject in general because of my math issues. He comes home again after driving my mother to get her fixed car, and goes on a 20 minute lecture about how I need to literally drop everything. "No matter what, pay me respect and greet me, it's the least you can do."

THEN a five minute lecture because I threw the pizza cheese out instead of letting him eat it..

I might end up posting daily he's gotten so...lecture-y. And he has the nerve to say my behavior causes it. He even recently insulted an adorable drawing I made..so I redid it to suit his apparent Art standard..

Edited by NoraNora

@Silverwinter

Oh my god I definitely feel Ya. I miss hanging and actually talking with the friends I could actually keep. We hardly speak, text or in person..and the new friends I had managed to make hardly speak anymore cause of our classes, which are of course not the same. I would give you a big ol hug if I could, and I'd definitely be your friend like the way you miss..I was also one to listen to rants and comfort them...but sadly I had to keep my own issues inside, so in a way I was jealous they could vent it so easily.

Update on my psycho dad: He came home and I didn't immediately get up to greet him, I was doing Algebra, which is my hardest subject in general because of my math issues. He comes home again after driving my mother to get her fixed car, and goes on a 20 minute lecture about how I need to literally drop everything. "No matter what, pay me respect and greet me, it's the least you can do."

THEN a five minute lecture because I threw the pizza cheese out instead of letting him eat it..

I might end up posting daily he's gotten so...lecture-y. And he has the nerve to say my behavior causes it. He even recently insulted an adorable drawing I made..so I redid it to suit his apparent Art standard..

I literally hate your dad wow. Wow. My god. How indecent can a parent be?

Also thank you for your comforting words, they did help a lot. :3 Not very good at responses right now - very worn out. But thank you please know I appreciate it.

i'm sorry for the random appearance. but i need to just get this little thing off my chest where i know the person won't see.

why is it whenever i've ever told a crush of mine that i have a crush on them, it's always somehow backfired. the first one, she ended up being abusive once we dated. the second.. was worse. let's just go with that. and now this one... i understand that i told him if he wanted to ignore it, he could. and that's fine. i am fine with that. but at the same time... why is it he keeps telling me about how all these other people probably have crushes on him and how he joined grindr and just...

.... ugh... part of me wants to question and be like 'uh, hi, do you remember that i told you that i like you hahah because if so you can you haha stop telling me about all these people hahaha'

i just... -flop-

this can be entirely skipped. i'm mostly venting. i've done it before... i hope that's okay i'm sorry if it's not.

Warning..misspelling and cursing.

I....I am purely one hundred percent horrified. Right no I'm crying and shaking, hiccuping and sniveling, God knows whatever for, of sadness there is

I was just screamed blood murder at by my poor censorkip.gif excuse for a father.

Why?

He came upstairs and told me there's no school, I thought he was pulling my leg because roads are fairly clear and it wasn't snowing. I went down anyway and did little things, and he made breakfast. He asked me again if I thought he was kidding, and I said

WARNING: relaying our conversation

"yes, I don't believe you bec--"

"TURN OFF EVERY GODAMN ELECTRONIC NOW. YOU DONT BELIEVE YOUR FATHER. WHY WOULD I HAVE REASON TO LIE TO YOU!?" At this point he slammed his reading glasses down so hard they broke. And at this point I'm sobbing and shaking.

"I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW YOU TREAT YOUR PARENTS. YOU SPEAK WITH YOUR MITHER JUST FINE AND BELIEV HER, WHY NOT SHARE THAT RESPECT WITH ME. I CANT BELIEVE YOU <NAME>, IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME THERES SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR GODAMN FRIGGIN HEAD. NO ELECTRONICS FOR TODAY, READ A DAMN BOOK OR SOMETHING."

He left to do whatever and I'm just sitting her, crying and shaking. Basically continues for an hour until he leaves, which he just left 10 minutes ago.

"ok I'm going, see ya."

I can't reply because I'm obviously occupied, so he gets mad again

"Ok fine if that's how you want to act," He SALUTED me like a soldier, acted hurt, and slammed the door to leave.

Nora. I'd like to talk to you about your dad, for you to vent and stuff to me over PM. Your dad sounds like my dad so I can't really offer any advice but to endure, because if he's in his mid forties he will mellow out when he gets to his fifties (no more energy for angry outbursts, you see).

I get really mad too when I hear stories like yours, and know that you have my sympathy.

~~~~

Thanks for all the support on the earlier pages. I had to work up courage to read them, which is silly I know.

I didn't get a job so I can't fulfill my work credit, but there's always next term I can try. Even if it doesn't count for the credit, as long as I get a little work experience before going back to school...

Warning..misspelling and cursing.

I....I am purely one hundred percent horrified. Right no I'm crying and shaking, hiccuping and sniveling, God knows whatever for, of sadness there is

I was just screamed blood murder at by my poor censorkip.gif excuse for a father.

Why?

He came upstairs and told me there's no school, I thought he was pulling my leg because roads are fairly clear and it wasn't snowing. I went down anyway and did little things, and he made breakfast. He asked me again if I thought he was kidding, and I said

WARNING: relaying our conversation

"yes, I don't believe you bec--"

"TURN OFF EVERY GODAMN ELECTRONIC NOW. YOU DONT BELIEVE YOUR FATHER. WHY WOULD I HAVE REASON TO LIE TO YOU!?" At this point he slammed his reading glasses down so hard they broke. And at this point I'm sobbing and shaking.

"I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW YOU TREAT YOUR PARENTS. YOU SPEAK WITH YOUR MITHER JUST FINE AND BELIEV HER, WHY NOT SHARE THAT RESPECT WITH ME. I CANT BELIEVE YOU <NAME>, IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME THERES SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR GODAMN FRIGGIN HEAD. NO ELECTRONICS FOR TODAY, READ A DAMN BOOK OR SOMETHING."

He left to do whatever and I'm just sitting her, crying and shaking. Basically continues for an hour until he leaves, which he just left 10 minutes ago.

"ok I'm going, see ya."

I can't reply because I'm obviously occupied, so he gets mad again

"Ok fine if that's how you want to act," He SALUTED me like a soldier, acted hurt, and slammed the door to leave.

*hugs you so tightly*

Nora, I'm so sorry this is happening to you. As I've said before, I hope you know it's not you that has the the problem. It's him. He hears one little thing he doesn't like and it's like someone dropped an atom bomb. He needs some anger management or some kind of therapy to channel his anger and not take it out on you since it seems you've become his punching bag for some reason.

Have you tried talking about this to your mother? Or perhaps there's a counselor at your school you can reach out to?

Because cutting you off from all electronics just because you said one little thing is a bit of an overkill. :/

i'm sorry for the random appearance. but i need to just get this little thing off my chest where i know the person won't see.

why is it whenever i've ever told a crush of mine that i have a crush on them, it's always somehow backfired. the first one, she ended up being abusive once we dated. the second.. was worse. let's just go with that. and now this one... i understand that i told him if he wanted to ignore it, he could. and that's fine. i am fine with that. but at the same time... why is it he keeps telling me about how all these other people probably have crushes on him and how he joined grindr and just...

.... ugh... part of me wants to question and be like 'uh, hi, do you remember that i told you that i like you hahah because if so you can you haha stop telling me about all these people hahaha'

i just... -flop-

this can be entirely skipped. i'm mostly venting. i've done it before... i hope that's okay i'm sorry if it's not.

Sounds like you told him quietly and in passing (like "Oh, by the way.......") and it may just be as simple as he forgot. Tell him you don't want to hear about those. As for your other crushes failing, maybe think about what attracted you to them in the first place? Perhaps you were looking for the wrong things in the wrong people.

Take relationship advice from me with a grain of salt -- 20 years old and I've never been in one

Worst nightmare came true...

The ambulance left about twenty minutes ago.

I don't feel like this is real. It's like the nightmares I've been having for the past week. I feel faint, sick, I can't stop shaking

I don't feel like this is real. It's like the nightmares I've been having for the past week. I feel faint, sick, I can't stop shaking

I'm so very sorry *hugs*

I am sorry. Stay strong!

Thank you, you three <3 Had a good long talk with my gp today, explained that I was having so many intrusive thoughts from trying to understand my sister's mindset, that I still feel in shock and still get faint even hearing or thinking about last night's ordeal. So I've been stuck on medication. Doing my best to avert my thoughts now , because I really can only help her so much...

What I saw when I opened that door is not something I'll forget soon.

*hugs you so tightly*

Nora, I'm so sorry this is happening to you. As I've said before, I hope you know it's not you that has the the problem. It's him. He hears one little thing he doesn't like and it's like someone dropped an atom bomb. He needs some anger management or some kind of therapy to channel his anger and not take it out on you since it seems you've become his punching bag for some reason.

Have you tried talking about this to your mother? Or perhaps there's a counselor at your school you can reach out to?

Because cutting you off from all electronics just because you said one little thing is a bit of an overkill. :/

@Syiren

*hugs back tightly*

Thank you guys for supporting me and everyone else here..

I do know that occasionally it's his fault, though my nature is usually to complain if I really don't like something, unlike my brother who preferred to just bear it until he got to college. It's ironic though, the night before he screamed at me, he had promised my mother that he wanted to go almost completely back to how they were, where he treated everybody with a real respect. But, this was before he joined the army and all, where my mother had told me they of course, taught him to be strict and take his work seriously, which sadly translated to his...parenting methods and fused with his nature, making him...just rawr, as I put it playfully. I actually used to have a therapist(but the building she worked in shut down, haven't heard from her since), who told him different ways to stop himself or not explode on me and my brother. But, of course he didn't acknowledge the methods and whatever she told him to do, he deemed it wrong and whatever he was doing was 'correct'. Honestly though, at this point therapy and management is totally pointless, seeing as he has hardly changed since he joined/retired from the Force. I have talked to my mother, and she heard basically everything from upstairs. She just bears it too, and wishes he would be his old nicer self again. I would reach out to a counselor, but honestly I just don't like talking to them about these things, I have that fear of breaking down and crying in front of somebody..feels weird to me. I've also been his punching bag for a somewhat long time..it was only playfully, but waayyy back, we'd just goof around and 'wrestle', like "the bros do". I didn't care at the time but he had actually left lots of bruises, that obviously disappeared overtime. I'm just glad I'm not his physical punching bag at this point..

@TehUltimateMage

I appreciate that you want me to vent these things out..but I don't want to end up spamming and/or just annoying you with almost constant vents..that wouldn't be right, and I'd rather not have it seem like that would be the only reason I'd speak to you.

I'm pretty sure he's around his mid-fifties..I never remember my parents ages..but yeah. He still has all this anger and issues and such..It doesn't help that like me, he has the ADD and such. He can find all sorts of things to rant and lecture about..

Edited by NoraNora

Hi, I know I'm new but, I saw this and felt kinda happy I might be able to vent a little. I have a terrible habit of bottling up my emotions and thoughts. sad.gif

In 2014 on December I was diagnosed with cancer at 22 years old. I was told I had a very dangerous type of cancer, one that reoccures almost immediately. After 18 weeks of chemo, having the strongest treatment on the market EVERY WEEK, steroids causing me to gain 100 lbs, and losing the ability to pursue my hobbies, I got really depressed. I was so happy when it was finally over and my scan showed that I was cancer free.

Well, cue thanksgiving, we decided to have a surgery which would leave me unable to have children. The purpose of this surgery was to prevent cancer from reoccuring in similar organs like my uterus or cervix or ovary. The surgery was painful. I have never cried from pain before, but I cried when I woke up for hours. After thanksgiving, I went to see my doctor to get the biopsy results. I wasn't cancer free. It came back in a year like expected. We're not getting chemo again, and I'm hoping this is a good choice as my doctor says we don't need it.

I guess I'm just typing this to help come to grips with what is happening. It's all been so fast and I've not even had a chance to fully realize the impact it's had. I still can't ride horses. I'm still very over weight compared to what I was. And now I have the fear of what might be killing me from the inside. At 23, I also have to come to terms that I can't have children with the person I love. I can't be a young woman, I'm going through menopause and my depression is suddenly causing me to crash and burn. Things are just different and it's hard to accept. Sorry for the wall of text, just need to say what's on my mind sometimes sad.gif.

Hi, I know I'm new but, I saw this and felt kinda happy I might be able to vent a little. I have a terrible habit of bottling up my emotions and thoughts. sad.gif

In 2014 on December I was diagnosed with cancer at 22 years old. I was told I had a very dangerous type of cancer, one that reoccures almost immediately. After 18 weeks of chemo, having the strongest treatment on the market EVERY WEEK, steroids causing me to gain 100 lbs, and losing the ability to pursue my hobbies, I got really depressed. I was so happy when it was finally over and my scan showed that I was cancer free.

Well, cue thanksgiving, we decided to have a surgery which would leave me unable to have children. The purpose of this surgery was to prevent cancer from reoccuring in similar organs like my uterus or cervix or ovary. The surgery was painful. I have never cried from pain before, but I cried when I woke up for hours. After thanksgiving, I went to see my doctor to get the biopsy results. I wasn't cancer free. It came back in a year like expected. We're not getting chemo again, and I'm hoping this is a good choice as my doctor says we don't need it.

I guess I'm just typing this to help come to grips with what is happening. It's all been so fast and I've not even had a chance to fully realize the impact it's had. I still can't ride horses. I'm still very over weight compared to what I was. And now I have the fear of what might be killing me from the inside. At 23, I also have to come to terms that I can't have children with the person I love. I can't be a young woman, I'm going through menopause and my depression is suddenly causing me to crash and burn. Things are just different and it's hard to accept. Sorry for the wall of text, just need to say what's on my mind sometimes sad.gif.

I'm so sorry, I wish I could say or do more. But just know that you are in my thoughts.

Sounds like you told him quietly and in passing (like "Oh, by the way.......") and it may just be as simple as he forgot. Tell him you don't want to hear about those. As for your other crushes failing, maybe think about what attracted you to them in the first place? Perhaps you were looking for the wrong things in the wrong people.

Take relationship advice from me with a grain of salt -- 20 years old and I've never been in one

it actually was somewhat in passing, but at the time he did acknowledge it.. it may very well be he forgot. if he does it again i think i will try and have the balls to speak up, but it's just.. hard? he's basically become my best friend, but it's that awkward situation where he's my best friend but i'm not his. and i worry about things being weird if i bring it up again... mostly because the first time for a day or two things were a bit tense. mer.

also i'm almost amused how you got the two things from that. i've spoken with my therapists about the other two and they said the same thing. we've determined the first relationship was me looking in the wrong place for sure.

also don't worry, i'm only 22 and i've only been in one relationship. and only had three crushes. granted the relationship was like 3.5 years long but hey! :U

and everyone else, i hope you all can keep your heads up <3 you're all wonderful people, no matter what may be thrown your way.

i'm sorry if that's really impersonal i'm just anxious about addressing individually because i never quite know what to say.... but i do hope the best for everyone. i really do <3

Edited by Wandering4Ever

//trigger warning:suicide mention

So my younger sis just got taken off to the hospital again, this time for her own safety... she has active suicide plans... I don't know what to feel any more. I can't be happy with my own sister threatening herself like that... and there's sadness but I can't cry. I don't even know why she's going to such extremes... she just won't tell anyone.

Aaand apparently it's just as well she was taken off again... I just learned that tonight, she was truly planning to...

i'm just so scared

Edited by rampaging wyvern

That's terrible, Wyvern... I'm so sorry. <3

I'm having little problems. Basically, I've just started learning to drive - but I'm super anxious. It's a necessity for me to learn, so I have to. Every lesson I just have a pit in my stomach because I'm so scared and nervous that I'm going to do something wrong. My lesson today didn't have a good ending to it, and wasn't good overall either. The lesson I had on Thursday went quite well, apparently and he said so. My driving instructor does praise me when I do something really well, but it still feels like overall I'm just being criticised the entire time... I don't drive terribly, but I get confused easily. My spatial awareness isn't great and my co-ordination is terrible.

I basically just want to hear if anyone else was very nervous in the beginning but got over it. I've had 5 hours worth of lessons. He said that I was a quick learner as I got onto the main roads pretty quickly, after two hours worth of driving on the very quiet side roads. I'm absolutely dreading going on Thursday. I just have a whole negative outlook on the lessons.

Edited by Chicogal

I'm so tired right now and I don't feel safe to be me any more, my dad is against anything remotely similar to femenism and I actually ended up writing a speech topic about the problems with female characters. He got this whole "I am very proud of how you won the contest and all but your speech topic is rediculous" thing going and now I'm just nervous. I can say my speech just fine in a controlled environment where the only people judging me are students but with my DAD watching I'm afraid I'll just break down. This happens every time something remotely independent woman things come up and it just makes me uncomfortable. This isn't the first time he verbally hurt the girls in our family either, he has four daughters and he's already pushed out three of them, each of my sisters have a story to tell about how he made them leave but I can't leave and I can't fit into this cookie cutter image of a woman he has. I just can't deal with this for much longer

I'm so tired right now and I don't feel safe to be me any more, my dad is against anything remotely similar to femenism and I actually ended up writing a speech topic about the problems with female characters. He got this whole "I am very proud of how you won the contest and all but your speech topic is rediculous" thing going and now I'm just nervous. I can say my speech just fine in a controlled environment where the only people judging me are students but with my DAD watching I'm afraid I'll just break down. This happens every time something remotely independent woman things come up and it just makes me uncomfortable. This isn't the first time he verbally hurt the girls in our family either, he has four daughters and he's already pushed out three of them, each of my sisters have a story to tell about how he made them leave but I can't leave and I can't fit into this cookie cutter image of a woman he has. I just can't deal with this for much longer

The vibe I get from you is that you are confident in your beliefs, you have a good reason to be. Also, I think that you should remember that your topic of choice is a strong, IMPORTANT one, whether your dad realizes that or not. He may be intimidating, but maybe you could psyche yourself up and think of all the strong women who fight and triumph everyday.

And remember if you slip up, it doesn't make you weak and it doesn't ruin what you stand for.

Men like your dad will probably stay ignorant, and it is simply unfortunate.

Best of luck to you, be strong and stay focused as much as you can.

P.S. I'm sorry what happened to your sisters, I hope that they are better off without someone like that in their lives. Can only hope it gets better for you as well.

Oh woah! That father seems to be a strict and close-minded man. It'll be difficult to change someone's mind like that through reasoning despite how much you try and reason well. sad.gif I'm sorry you have to undergo this inside the family. You could try and be happy for what and who you are. Live your life as you believe in, and there is a chance that your father may feel "inspired" and touched and change his mind.

Living out your beliefs is the strongest argument you can make. smile.gif Remember that. A person can talk about how feminism is good but if he does not live it out, people will not believe him. If he preach and live it out at the same time, then by gods! That is a person we can look up to.