Obscure_Trash

Emotional Support

Thank you so much! I can't think of enough words that can convey my feelings of gratitude. It's times like these where I really just someone to support me and it seems that right now I'm in a lot of turmoil. I love my dad but he's just so... Expectant of me that when I slip up its ten times worse. I don't know if its right to be angry at him for believing in what he believes in or that its ok to judge someone for being so judgy. I truly believe he wants the best for us, in his own weird way, but his way is not my way so thank you for supporting me.

This is just a rant that I needed to get off my chest because I feel that if I don't write it down somewhere where others can see I'll end up shouting in frustration. Warning, there will be some swearing. I apologize ahead of time.

Has anyone ever had to go to the department of families in order to fill out an application for health insurance? It has got to be one of the most stressful things I've ever had to deal with. The damn form is so ****ing confusing and I swear if they don't ask you every personal question under the sun.

I get they need to know this stuff. I do, but how the hell am I supposed to know how much is in my dad's account? It's his account. He keeps it private. I have no idea how much his car insurance is, and asking how much all of our bills are, well, I get that last bit, but still. If my mother hadn't been there to help me answer some of these questions the application never would have been filled out.

Well, the application had already been filled out, but it was the stupid phone interview I had to do. Thankfully the lady at the front desk was so helpful and even sent in the signed form for us instead of us having to mail it.

the lady on the phone though.....Sigh~ She was polite and all, but it was so hard to understand her. The TV behind me sure didn't help. I get they need to advertize their business and whatnot, but why put a TV right next to the table for phone interviews? That's so STUPID! Then there was a little kid there that was being loud. but I don't blame him. He's a kid. They're supposed to be loud. It just didn't help matters at all. =_=; *rubs forehead*

I eventually had to hand the phone over to mom so she could tell the lady all she knew that I didn't and I'm so grateful she was there because like I said, the lady was so hard to understand. It's like she was talking with the phone too close to her. I'm assuming she had a headset, but still, uggggggggggghhhhhh~

I was so relieved when the 30 minute call ended. And again the lady at the front desk was helpful and asked if everything went okay and if we had any other questions. She couldn't have been more helpful. She even cleared up something that we couldn't for the life of us understand before. And she did it without making me feel stupid either. why can't everyone be that pleasant?

Sigh~ I feel so much better now. Now I just need to wait for the paperwork to go through and wait for it in the mail. hopefully the worst of it is over because I don't know how much more of this censorkip.gifcensorkip.gif I can take. =_=;

@Syiren: I know how filling up forms and interview can be boring and tedious. Thankfully, you have your mother and that wonderful person behind the desk to help you. smile.gif Appreciate those little blessings.

//trigger warning:suicide mention

So my younger sis just got taken off to the hospital again, this time for her own safety... she has active suicide plans... I don't know what to feel any more. I can't be happy with my own sister threatening herself like that... and there's sadness but I can't cry. I don't even know why she's going to such extremes... she just won't tell anyone.

Aaand apparently it's just as well she was taken off again... I just learned that tonight, she was truly planning to...

i'm just so scared

I'm really sorry for what is going on with your sister.

I know how that feels, my younger sister is the same. Thankfully she hasn't done anything too bad yet, but she has cuts all up her arms, and doesn't eat.

I hope that things end up better for your sister, and that she finds someone that she is able to talk to that is able to help her. <3

Hi everyone. I discovered this thread and read some posts, and what I'm dealing with right now is like a drop in the bucket compared to what some of you are going through... please stay strong everyone, take a deep breath and always be willing to do something for yourself. You all deserve it! And you deserve for things to get brighter soon! smile.gif

That being said, I wonder if anyone on here can relate to this.

Has anyone here ever dealt with "Imposter Syndrome"? The first time I heard the term was a Reddit AMA with the author John Green where he said that no matter how successful he gets, or how many books he writes that people like, he feels like he didn't earn what he has, or that his books aren't as good as everyone thinks--basically that he is the worst writer on earth and must have earned his success by mistake. It almost sounds like being in shock, except it's not temporary.

Well, I'm not successful by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm starting to understand imposter syndrome. I've been writing a fantasy book and short stories that all take place in the same world for 11 years now, ever since I was in high school, and I'm head over heels in love with both the world and the characters I've created. But lately something's wrong. When I write stories, even when I'm really in the mood to write, it feels like I'm writing someone else's stories and that the finished product is "wrong", even when it comes out just as I envisioned or even BETTER than I envisioned. Lately I've been writing two stories but they don't feel like MINE... the thought that keeps coming into my head is "these are fake" even though when I read them back they're great, and even when they were planned out and fit in the world's canon. My characters suddenly feel "fake", like they don't belong to me and I'm writing fan fiction. All of the ideas I had for stories that I have been dying to write for years suddenly seem excessive, even the ones that are imperative to the character's lives. Everything somehow feels off even though plot-wise and character development-wise everything is right on track. And when I go back and re-read the stories I've written in the past few years, whether they need some work or whether they're really good as is, they don't feel like something I could've written: I feel like an imposter who has been dropped in the middle of all of this, who could not have and surely did not write these stories, who did not create these character and therefore cannot write about their lives... yet I still have all the love and knowledge for this world in my head. And this disconnect between the two is really starting to mess with me.

I've absolutely had times before where I don't want to write, am sick of reading my own stuff, or don't think about characters or writing for a while. But this is not what that is. I'm thinking about it all the time but it's like it's through fog, ALMOST like I'm watching myself think about it? I don't know how to explain it, but it's making it extremely difficult to work or relax. And unfortunately I don't think it's a matter of taking a break from writing... I already did that for several months and that's what led me to come back to Dragon Cave around Christmastime.

Has anyone ever felt like this about something before? I have a feeling it's one of those things that time will fix, but I wondered if typing up my thoughts might help. Thanks to whoever reads all of this junk I wrote, it's appreciated <3

Ah...it feels great to type a vent that isn't related to my dad for once...but he returns from the trip tonight, so that'll most likely change, hah.

This is just a small thing I guess, but it's really eating away at me.

My 'art'. (I feel like I've vented about it here before, but if I simply forgot, sorry)

I've been doing a heck of a lot more art lately..and while I like doing art..I don't like my results. I mean, some of them I like drawing, and sometimes the results are what I kinda expected..but I wish I could get BETTER. I found old pictures I did when I was at least...10-11? Before I stopped because of..I think people looked down on it because of the gore. The more I draw, the more I feel like my skills are just draining rather than getting better and improving. I've made some sweet friends that comment on them now but, they're friends..I'd like at least a few strangers that do look at the art to say "nice" or maybe leave tips on how to improve texture or something..I don't know..

Also, I finally figured out my sexuality, which I believe I vented about a while ago, the issue is to sort of..test if that's really what I fit into, and if so, how to break it to my parents..I mean, I can probably just keep it secret, not like I'm the heart-throb of the town or whatever so..eh.

Woooooooooooooooo...

I'm having little problems. Basically, I've just started learning to drive - but I'm super anxious. It's a necessity for me to learn, so I have to. Every lesson I just have a pit in my stomach because I'm so scared and nervous that I'm going to do something wrong. My lesson today didn't have a good ending to it, and wasn't good overall either. The lesson I had on Thursday went quite well, apparently and he said so. My driving instructor does praise me when I do something really well, but it still feels like overall I'm just being criticised the entire time... I don't drive terribly, but I get confused easily. My spatial awareness isn't great and my co-ordination is terrible.

I basically just want to hear if anyone else was very nervous in the beginning but got over it. I've had 5 hours worth of lessons. He said that I was a quick learner as I got onto the main roads pretty quickly, after two hours worth of driving on the very quiet side roads. I'm absolutely dreading going on Thursday. I just have a whole negative outlook on the lessons.

Oooh boy, this makes me remember the time when I was learning to drive... I avoided going to driving school until mom got tired of me hesitating and took me there. xd.png Heck... parents told me they'd pay it for me, but on condition that I get truck card instead of your ordinary passenger car. Still I was very much of a "NOPE". That nervous I was!

Also I'd like to mention that my friend was terrified while learning.

Lemme tell you something dearie. It is really scary. It will make you anxious. But you're not alone with it. I can see that you have good driving instructor. Just do what you need to decrease that anxiety. Break into a song or do a little breathing technique if you have to :3

...and if it makes you feel better, I wrecked side-mirror of the driving school's truck during the driving test. I went stiff, gave some nervous comments and when I got back to the instructor, I kept telling I'd pay for the repairs. She just told me it's okay, just some more driving lessons and re-taking the test, then things should be good.

My family got laughs out of how poorly made side-mirror it was, and I laugh about it nowadays. xd.png

Knock 'em dead, darling. You'll get the hang of it and get used to it <3

I found this topic, and at the end of this terrible day, i think it's the right place to write right now.

Please, be patient with my english: it isn't that bad, but when i'm upset or tired, or trying to explain something i mess up verbs. I apologize in advance.

Today me and my husband went to his parents house. My mother in law is a terrible woman, always treating me like the worse mother in the world, and plus, she gets mad when i tell her what she can do or not with my son.

She tried to kiss him on the lips, which i avoided, and she started complaining about the fact that she is a mother too and she can do whatever she wants with my son.

Obviously she can't, so i spent all day with him on my knees to avoid her taking him.

Plus, my husband agrees sometimes with me, but never argues with his mom. This is so stressing for me.

Plus again, i have a relationship outside the marriage that started two years ago. I'm not in love with "the other man", but i can't seem to let him go (e he can't either). Strange is that i'm in love with my husband, and right now i feel like a terrible person.

Edited by SkinDrake

I've been doing a heck of a lot more art lately..and while I like doing art..I don't like my results. I mean, some of them I like drawing, and sometimes the results are what I kinda expected..but I wish I could get BETTER. I found old pictures I did when I was at least...10-11? Before I stopped because of..I think people looked down on it because of the gore. The more I draw, the more I feel like my skills are just draining rather than getting better and improving. I've made some sweet friends that comment on them now but, they're friends..I'd like at least a few strangers that do look at the art to say "nice" or maybe leave tips on how to improve texture or something..I don't know..

I've gone through periods like this too. I'm not sure what kind of motivation you have for drawing, whether it's that you only feel like drawing once in a while or if you're really inspired, or if you draw a lot ALL the time, but my advice is to use a couple drawing sessions to go back to the basics. You said you draw things with gore, so I'm guessing you draw people? If so, there are sites you can use online for figure drawing and I would highly recommend giving them a shot to practice your anatomy and poses.

When I felt like this last year, I searched for art tutorials online and found a great one called "Manga to Realistic" where it teaches you to draw more realistically. Nothing's wrong with manga style (personally I LOVE it) and maybe that's not even how you draw anyway, but I found that this tutorial helped me immensely. Here's part one, but if you scroll down to the artist's description for the image you can find links to all 12 parts (so you can skip around and find what you need) and also links to a tutorial called "Understanding Anatomy".

If you feel like you keep drawing and drawing but you're not getting better (maybe even worse) then you might be relying on what you think you know, and maybe repeating mistakes. And if you're NOTICING this, that means your EYE for art is improving and leaving your hand behind. The best thing about this, is that if your eye has improved, your hand can absolutely catch up; learning to draw is about learning to see in a way that's conducive to drawing, NOT about being innately talented, although that helps. I took art classes in college and I always felt like during the classes and for a few months after, I was so good... then when I stopped practicing in EFFECTIVE ways, and stopped using reference photos or real life examples, my skills would "disappear". They don't really, they just go into hibernation. You have to wake them up and catch them up to your art eyes smile.gif

I found this topic, and at the end of this terrible day, i think it's the right place to write right now.

Please, be patient with my english: it isn't that bad, but when i'm upset or tired, or trying to explain something i mess up verbs. I apologize in advance.

Today me and my husband went to his parents house. My mother in law is a terrible woman, always treating me like the worse mother in the world, and plus, she gets mad when i tell her what she can do or not with my son.

She tried to kiss him on the lips, which i avoided, and she started complaining about the fact that she is a mother too and she can do whatever she wants with my son.

Obviously she can't, so i spent all day with him on my knees to avoid her taking him.

Plus, my husband agrees sometimes with me, but never argues with his mom. This is so stressing for me.

Plus again, i have a relationship outside the marriage that started two years ago. I'm not in love with "the other man", but i can't seem to let him go (e he can't either). Strange is that i'm in love with my husband, and right now i feel like a terrible person.

unsure.gif Er, I am inexperienced with all these relationship affairs. I do not understand how somebody who loves their spouse can go to somebody else. Anyway, this is about you mother-in-law. Just try to be nice to her. You don't have to like the time you spend with her but endure it. You can also opt to not go to visits with your mother-in-law.

Ah...it feels great to type a vent that isn't related to my dad for once...but he returns from the trip tonight, so that'll most likely change, hah.

My 'art'. (I  feel like I've vented about it here before, but if I simply forgot, sorry)

Also, I finally figured out my sexuality, which I believe I vented about a while ago, the issue is to sort of..test if that's really what I fit into, and if so, how to break it to my parents..I mean, I can probably just keep it secret, not like I'm the heart-throb of the town or whatever so..eh.

Woooooooooooooooo...

I like to draw also and this happens to me sometimes too!

Normally it's like I just am going uphill with my drawing, then I start feeling like I am

Plummeting back down. I have a little metaphor for this, that makes it easy to understand. Now imagine. You have a green meter that is labeled art, when this bar is full you do well, however the more you draw and do artsy things, the more it depletes, and the more it depletes the more you lose your artful flow. When this happens I do one of a few things.

I take a break, if you just take a brake it might be awhile before you get back on your feet, so

this is not recommended.

Since inspiration is also a factor, I take a short break and listen to some good music, watch an anime (But that's just me, considering I draw anime based things) and do other things that inspire me to draw. I recommend doing this.

Or, I make a lot of sketches and don't finish them until, I start to notice a steady path of improvement and go from there.

Hope this helped.

My 'art'. (I feel like I've vented about it here before, but if I simply forgot, sorry)

Woooooooooooooooo...

I feel as though this video might help you:

I personally experience what you're describing a lot, as I draw a lot. Whenever I feel like I'm making progress eventually I start to feel like I'm not actually any better and I'm just getting no where. One thing I like to do is compare my recent work to work a month or two ago and see how I've improved. If I haven't actually improved much or if there's something specific I want to work on, I zone in and do some studies.

Being a good listener sucks. The amount of gossip I heard this weekend made sure I'll never be able to look some people in the eyes again, nor chat freely with others like I used to do for fear of hurting someone's feelings.

Thank you guys for the supporting words related to my art issue. I looked at that video that you linked mo7, and it helped a bit. I also looked over my work and realized, part of it is that I can only do extremely limited poses with some characters (like waving with both hands, one hand on the chest like an overdramatic gasp, etc)

So I think it's time to force myself to try out and practice more poses..that could help me and I'd like to see if it does.

On the upside of my art block, yesterday in art class I just forced whatever came to mind onto paper, which was one of those object headed characters. I'm actually pretty satisfied with it.

My father also came home and much to my surprise, hasn't harshly lectured me. I only received an incredibly boring one about being Catholic and my confirmation thing..

Now the issue is, how will I tell a crazy religious father that I'm athiest....

And uh, if anyone's curious about the TV thing, my DA is linked in my signature now

wooo

This is minor compared to what's happening to everyone else right now and it's mostly just a current thing but there is a tornado heading out way (so we think) and I'm terrified. My brother is crying, and I really just need someone to talk to me and help calm me down right now. I'm watching the news and they say that a cell may be coming our way extremely quickly. We have the closet cleaned out and ready, but my entire body is shaking.... Please help >w<

To be honest, even though it says that there is a tornado nearby, there is a small chance that you will be affected by it. Where I live, it's normal for tornadoes to occur, and we had several (like five) near our area at once, and we're okay.

So, basically, be prepared but don't fret. Try to take your mind off of it, (Which I understand is hard when there are warnings and everyone else around you may be anxious.

And also like you said, call a friend and talk, or just talk to people on dragon cave.

(And I know you may not be religious but bear with me. (I'm praying for you!)

@DragonKami Thank you! Still more warnings for us and it's really dark here and raining. Some friends have lost power, but we shouldn't since we are on the same grid as the hospital. I'm still really scared, but I'm starting to try to calm down.

I am worried about my emotional state, I am being extremely quick to ire. Yeah I am seeing someone profesional about this. I want to learn to control my emotions, but sometimes they even take me by total surprise.

I am worried this could be a very "hot" month for me. My PMS is more PMDD, and it occures in the second half of my month -sorry for the tmi gentlemen - and it can be extremely volcanic. Birth control helps, but I have been asked to stop due to a higher risk of stroke.

this temperment still scares me.

Feeling very rough again. Something stupid always sets it off, because it's connected to deeper things. Made a T-bar of reasons why I should live and why not. Current score is 2 vs 7.

I just don't see the point. I feel so apathetic. Like, do I have to go through this every few weeks? censorkip.gif. Happy sad, happy sad, just give me a break.

Cried to Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley about 3 times because it's so damn beautifully sad.

Feeling unsettled, because hubby and I both got laid off recently, me back in December and him in January. We'd worked for the same company; he's an engineering type and I was just one of the drones doing assembly. And just to make life entertaining, our old car had been making noises like it was considering dying on us, and we had decided that with both of us employed full time, we could afford to take on a car payment instead of buying another 15-year-old beater and hoping it lasted at least a year. It was literally less than a week after we bought the car that I got caught in the first round of layoffs that happened... none of us on the production floor had had any clue this was coming, but apparently one of the company's bigger clients decided at the last moment not to renew some kind of contracts. Sigh.

So, now there's the money worries: we have a smaller cushion than we'd like due to buying the car, and while our respective unemployment checks will pay the rent and food bills, they won't cover the rest of the bills. With just the one car, I'm somewhat restricted in where I can look for work... it's either got to be in walking or biking distance or on a bus line. Hubby's got the disadvantages of his age and his lack of a bachelor's degree (he's got an associate's and about 20 years in the field, though) which makes it harder for him to get looked at. And to ice the cake, over half the jobs he has been getting nibbles on would require us to relocate yet again. Our poor kid has been in two different middle schools and two different high schools... and she's currently a sophomore! She hasn't been more than two years in any school since 4th grade!

I don't suppose anyone with a stable job would care to adopt a 15 year old Aspie who's very much into Japanese and computer animation programming, to let the poor kid get through her last couple years of high school in peace? wink.gif

I...I really don't know how to feel right now. I feel heart broken and numb. My best friend, who I see as a sister and I've known since the First Grade, she was so looking forward to being a mother. He was born January 31st and last night...last night he died. it was a tragic accident and it was no one's fault. Both my best friend and her fiancé are so torn up. He's been crying, she's been crying, and he was such a good father. The way he held him, fed him, talked to him. He was so proud and happy to have him. And she, she finally had a great life ahead of her. She still has one with him and with my mother and I, because my mom treats her like a daughter.

Mom and I got the call at 3 am last night. A policeman came by and picked us up and took us there. They baby had already been taken away, but My best friend was standing outside and ran right over to us and the four of us just huddled and cried.

Mom and I have already offered to let them stay at our place, because they can't stand to be in their house right now. We let him know that he's family too and he's a good person. He good to my best friend/sister, they didn't deserve this.

I wish I could do more for them, I know I can't do everything, but every time I stop, I feel like I need to keep moving, keep myself busy, because I need to stay strong for her, but it's not easy. I've already shed silent tears, but I just don't want to break down in front of them, they need to stay strong for each other and I need to stay strong for them.

sad.gif

(((((Syiren)))))

I'm so sorry.

@ Syiren

You're already doing enough and being an amazing friend in this situation. Things like this are heartbreaking for everyone involved, so it's healthy for you to feel like crying or breaking down. Just try to stay hopeful, even if it's hard. Continue to be there for your friend and her fiance, and should they ever need to vent their feelings or talk about what happened, make sure you're there for that, as well. At least, that's what I would do. smile.gif I'm really sorry to hear that this happened. I'll be sending positive energy you and your friends' way? smile.gif

I could use a hug or something. I've been very, very depressed lately, and it only seems to be getting worse. I was put on new medication for my depression almost a month ago and it doesn't seem to be doing any good at all. I've missed three days of work this payperiod because of it, and had to cut my hours to 2 hours a day because my anxiety just gets out of control. I've harmed myself more then I care to admit. I have an emergency appointment with my medication doctor tomorrow afternoon, and I'm just dreading it. She's going to say I haven't given the meds enough time, I just know she is, but it's been almost a month. And I can't keep missing work.

@ Syiren

You're already doing enough and being an amazing friend in this situation. Things like this are heartbreaking for everyone involved, so it's healthy for you to feel like crying or breaking down. Just try to stay hopeful, even if it's hard. Continue to be there for your friend and her fiance, and should they ever need to vent their feelings or talk about what happened, make sure you're there for that, as well. At least, that's what I would do. smile.gif I'm really sorry to hear that this happened. I'll be sending positive energy you and your friends' way? smile.gif

Thank you both, Aqub and catstaff. After posting, I went back and waited for them to get back since her fiancé needed to go for a drive and clear his head and she went with him. They came back about three hours later and found out he tried to go to work, but his boss pulled him into a hug and told him to go home and that his job would be there waiting for him when he got back.

Yesterday was a rollercoaster of emotions for everyone, and I'm not familiar with the stages of the grieving process, but I'm pretty sure we went through a few together. They've got a rocky road ahead of them and I love how my mom got through to the father when he started blaming himself, saying he killed his son.

Mom grabbed him by the chin and made him look her in the eye and said, "Now you listen to me. You did NOT hurt that sweet baby. It was no one's fault. You are a great father and I have proof. Just look at how far you've come because of him. That little guy is watching over you still and you can't let him down. Now I don't want to hear you say that ever again because you can't let that eat at you. Your fiancé still needs you and you need her. You have to support each other to get through this and I know it wont be easy, but you have each other and you have us. We will get though this together."

I think that really helped him. I try to be the best friend that I can for them, and I don't always know the right thing to say or do, but when something happens I just spring into action and am there for a hug or whatever they need.

I could use a hug or something. I've been very, very depressed lately, and it only seems to be getting worse. I was put on new medication for my depression almost a month ago and it doesn't seem to be doing any good at all. I've missed three days of work this payperiod because of it, and had to cut my hours to 2 hours a day because my anxiety just gets out of control. I've harmed myself more then I care to admit. I have an emergency appointment with my medication doctor tomorrow afternoon, and I'm just dreading it. She's going to say I haven't given the meds enough time, I just know she is, but it's been almost a month. And I can't keep missing work. 

@Marie19R - It's been a while since I've been on my depression medication (thank you stupid insurance BS), but I remember it starting to take effect around three to five weeks before I started feeling anything. Have you felt any of the side effects from the meds? Sometimes those kick in first, but not always. It's different with each person. If possible, you could ask your doctor to increase the meds to get them into your system faster. It may not work right away, but it could help.

In my case, I had to half the dosage because the side effects were too much for me to handle, yet it was working. When it was cut in half, the negative side effects were also cut in half or less painful. Mine was giving me horrible nausea and migranes, but when I cut it down It went down to just a slight upset stomach which was nothing a peppermint candy couldn't cure and the headaches were easily taken care of with advil.

If that medication doesn't work out, maybe ask her if there's something else you could try? I was taking a generic brand of Lexapro and as soon as my insurance starts back up I'm going to try and get back on it, because it was really working for me.

Edited by Syiren