TJ09

2014-05-15 - Minor Feature Update

I'm sorry but, stealing names is really rude sad.gif

err... before this update names would disapper anyway. All of them. And each one could be reclaimed by other person, so there is really no difference.

With this method at least you lost only the few names that others want, the rest of your dragons don't lost their names. It's not a really "stealing", but just a request for a name that is not in used anymore.

Edited by Naruhina_94

I do NOT like the name-stealing idea. Sometimes there are users who have put a lot into naming their dragons, but have to be away from DC for a while. Circumstances are variable. But if I were hospitalized or something and came back to find my dragons' names stolen, I'd be pretty bent. Yes, I know inactive users already lost ALL dragon names, but I happen to not like that either.

Edited by Emerald01

I would love to be a name claimer tester LOL

and I like that much better than the inactives losing the names to everything. So sad when someone has to go away for a bit due to whatever reason and they return to find their names wiped clean.

I do NOT like the name-stealing idea. Sometimes there are users who have put a lot into naming their dragons, but have to be away from DC for a while. Circumstances are variable. But if I were hospitalized or something and came back to find my dragons' names stolen, I'd be pretty bent.

and which one is the difference between this thing you' ve just said (that is quite acceptable after all, I can understand your point of view) and the fact that the names would have disappear in mass anyway if we would have maintain the previously way?

I do NOT like the name-stealing idea. Sometimes there are users who have put a lot into naming their dragons, but have to be away from DC for a while. Circumstances are variable. But if I were hospitalized or something and came back to find my dragons' names stolen, I'd be pretty bent. Yes, I know inactive users already lost ALL dragon names, but I happen to not like that either.

If your hospitalized, dragon names are the least you should worry about 0.0

I've already lost all my dragon names twice. It sucks, specially because I made them up and couldn't clearly remember all of them.

If the name you want is already taken, bad luck, grow up, move on.I hate that erasing al names policy and stealing them as well.

I've already lost all my dragon names twice. It sucks, specially because I made them up and couldn't clearly remember all of them.

If the name you want is already taken, bad luck, grow up, move on.I hate that erasing al names policy and stealing them as well.

All names are not erased anymore. That stopped some time ago. When this happens, the only names that will be lost are those that someone else tries to use. If your names are unique and you made them up, I doubt you would have much of a problem. And we don't even know how long the inactivity has to last for names to be vulnerable. I really don't think it will be as bad as some people think.

As a compromise between the two extremes (names completely wiped out due to inactivity, vs. names forever locked to a scroll even if it was abandoned years ago), I find a solution that lets inactive scrolls keep dragon names by default - unless a specific name is pinged - to be pretty fair.

(I say, as someone with only one name worth stealing.)

I really think the word "stealing" is throwing people off.

THIS IS NO WORSE THEN HOW IT WORKED BEFORE. In fact, it's much *better* then how it worked before because before it was a simple scroll-wide name loss, at least this time inactive users ONLY lose names that other people actually want.

I'm looking forward to the name ... I don't like the way stealing sounds. How about name claiming. In a game like this, with unique naming you need to do something to open up names from inactive players. You need to focus on the active users, not cater to the inactive ones. I also can not wait to see the encyclopedia.

If your hospitalized, dragon names are the least you should worry about

I think the point was, *after* coming back from the hospital, getting life back to normal, etc, they would see their dragon names gone and be unhappy.

I'm not saying I'm for or against the old style of losing names or the new stealing idea, but did want to say that I agree that losing names could be sad even in comparison to other life events.

I don't see the biomes anywhere

It's on CB dragons page under the owner name.

Some cool changes are being made. You guys are working hard. Keep up the good work.

I agree. Both "solutions" are crap.

I know it seems like the name thing is unfair no matter which way you cut it, but isn't it really the most fair thing to do in that situation? I don't see much fairness in tying up dragon names on a scroll that hasn't been logged into for three years! People move on, it happens. It makes no sense for an old, completely inactive scroll to be taking up pretty awesome names that excited active users would like.

However, I *definitely* think the "inactive" label needs to be defined, right now we have no idea how long it takes for a scroll to be considered "inactive". And the old count of 6-8 weeks is WAY too small.

I think 2 years should be the time limit for activity. The longest I've seen someone take a hiatus is a year and a half, due to personal issues. But if you're gone 2 years, that's 6 holiday releases and 24 or more new dragon breeds you missed! That's 30 dragons right there, 6 you'll never get unless you're lucky and win the raffle 6 times. Then I'd hate you forever and whine and complain about unfairness.

I have a question about the name-stealing. Can names also be stolen from deceased dragons on active scrolls? I like to name new dragons after my failed zombie attempts to remember my old dragons by.

I really think the word "stealing" is throwing people off.

THIS IS NO WORSE THEN HOW IT WORKED BEFORE. In fact, it's much *better* then how it worked before because before it was a simple scroll-wide name loss, at least this time inactive users ONLY lose names that other people actually want.

This - BUT it should be a long period of inactivity - I think 2 years would be fair. Socky once posted about someone who became homeless and had no internet available for 18 moths. It can happen to people, through no fault of their own - people who WANT to play and literally cannot.

Taking the names of dead dragons - I think only from your own scroll. I have a couple of dead ones in lineages with names I want to stay there.