TJ09

2014-05-15 - Minor Feature Update

Just that if you come up with a name that is taken - but by someone inactive - you will get it and they will lose it, I would think. I can't see a need to troll around inactive scrolls to find names, myself...

I don't look for names to steal, but I'm kinda hoping it will say someone else is using it on that odd occasion I find something in use (by someone that isn't myself) I'd be okay with finding something else if it says the name is used.

Oooooh I love being able to see which biome a dragon was caught in! Now I can see my Coast caught Howler C:

When I first posted in this thread I could see the biomes eggs came from when I was logged out, now I can see them even when I'm logged in. I love this feature.

Have the name changes been made available to everyone yet? I'm peeved because someone grabbed the name I was eyeballing, but I still don't appear to have the ability yet...

The name stealing sounds horrible..I have dragons that are named and are bred only on certain dates (yeah, I'm weird like that) and what about holidays..are they considered inactive? being you only breed them once a year (welp..for me anyway/sometimes). I like my names, it would by eye twitching miserable if people snaggged them from me.

Have the name changes been made available to everyone yet? I'm peeved because someone grabbed the name I was eyeballing, but I still don't appear to have the ability yet...

It hasn't been made available to anyone, much less everyone.

The name stealing sounds horrible..I have dragons that are named and are bred only on certain dates (yeah, I'm weird like that) and what about holidays..are they considered inactive? being you only breed them once a year (welp..for me anyway/sometimes). I like my names, it would by eye twitching miserable if people snaggged them from me.

I believe to be inactive you need to be away from DC for 6-8 months unless they changed it... it was something pretty long like that.

---

Also the Biomes thing kinda rocks. Apparently my zombie came from the mountains.

Edited by Melisande

Inactivity refers to the scroll being logged into, not individual dragons. Îf you log in to your scroll more than once or twice a year, you're most likely active. I know you have to be idle, that is not log into your scroll, for several months before officially being counted inactive. The point is so active players can use names being taken up by people who've probably quit the game, not allow people to namesnipe from other active players. How often you breed a given dragon, or anything else like that, doesn't come into it.

It hasn't been made available to anyone, much less everyone.

Really? I just watched a name change ownership...how strange

Maybe it was done in a trade?

Also the Biomes thing kinda rocks. Apparently my zombie came from the mountains.

mine came from the Jungle

I believe to be inactive you need to be away from DC for 6-8 months unless they changed it... it was something pretty long like that.

It was 2 months (or 8 weeks/56 days). Which is actually rather short, people used to lose all their names quite often due to simply not having access to a computer.

However, even keeping it to that short of a time, losing only names someone else tried to use is a fair middle ground.

Encyclopedia hmm? *looks back at April 1st thread*

And I like the new biome tag! /late

Encyclopedia hmm? *looks back at April 1st thread*

Technically the "April 1st" news post was posted on March 31st, at 11:59pm. TJ even said it was not posted on April 1st:

Was it? I see the date as 03/31 at 11:59. I just rounded up in the topic title.

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=8155695

So, he did tell us that this feature will be here, eventually.

Technically the "April 1st" news post was posted on March 31st, at 11:59pm. TJ even said it was not posted on April 1st:

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=8155695

So, he did tell us that this feature will be here, eventually.

Others posted their April Fools Day jokes on March 31st, some far earlier than 11:59pm. Didn't change the fact that they were jokes.

I'm going to remain skeptical until the Encyclopedia is up and running.

Naming claiming?

*Katniss mode*

I volunteer! I volunteer myself as tribute! xd.png

The name claiming sounds cool. People wont have to lose all their dragon's names, just the ones someone took while you left. And while you may be sad you lost the name, you can come up with yet another and be happy the receiver got a name they wanted.

The Encyclopedia still makes me skeptical. I DID see it on March 31, but that is due to different time-zones. Also all the Soon and the Eventually thing with the ™ at the end makes it seem like a Prolonged eye contact April Fool's Day Prank.

Once I came back from my unexpected absence I was shocked to see the whole biomes thing, which led me to believe that the Encyclopedia was out (I was too tired to think straight at that moment) but found it was cool to see where I got some of my dragons, which was awesome.

If it WILL exist, which I am hoping it will, I will continue to check for Encyclopedia updates, or as I now call it, The Drago-dex. And any other updates in general.

People can trade names right now. If you unname a dragon and someone else can use that name.

I like it that we can now see where we got the dragon! Thanks for that, TJ. And I love it that the encyclopedia is indeed coming. That's wonderful news!

It's great to see that the dragons we caught pre-biomes are from the cave instead of a random location specific for that breed.

Well. It seems to be good newa, except for the inactivr users. Some people come back after a really considerable time and maybe they will get upset if they find their dragon's name have been removed. I dont know, is juts an inocence opinion xd.png

Thanks TJ!

Well. It seems to be good newa, except for the inactivr users. Some people come back after a really considerable time and maybe they will get upset if they find their dragon's name have been removed. I dont know, is juts an inocence opinion xd.png

Thanks TJ!

Before the name claim system - a user would have ALL of the dragon names wiped clear if they were inactive for X amount of time (I read 6 months somewhere way back when - don't quote me on the accuracy of this). This means that there is a chance that they won't have to rename everything like before, just the ones that someone else wanted to use.

Thanks TJ!

This already happens. If you can't log in for several months, the system assumes you're not coming back at all. Your abandoned dragons are all stripped of their names, freeing up those names for folks who are actually playing.

With this new system, most of the dragons of an inactive user will keep their names.