TJ09

2014-05-15 - Minor Feature Update

It seems to me that if a dragon is deceased, it isn't "on" anybody's scroll. The only way to get to it would be through the lineage of a live dragon, unless you knew the code.

ETA: Nope, I was wrong. I went to a deceased dragon, and it still had the owner's name. Even though that person wouldn't be able to find it on their scroll, it is still recorded under their name.

Edited by snave

How long do you have to refrain from logging in to be counted as "inactive"?

It used to be eight weeks, but no one knows if it's changed. Hopefully TJ will tell us soon...

8 weeks? Almost two months... wow!! that's nothing in my opinion

Indeed. I often travel (and do NOT carry a lappie or smart phone or anything - I am a desktop person) for longer than that...

I'd agree that 8 weeks is pretty short. Maybe six months, or possibly a year.

The case of the homeless player is unfortunate, but realistically he/she would only lose a few names under this new system anyway, rather than all, as before.

Actually a year sounds great.

And fuzzbucket is right, some people use to travel or don't have internet conecction and sometimes these situations could take more than 2months to be resolve it

6 months at the very least would be nice. A year sounds ideal.

Usually I sometimes go inactive from games for a while. Usually I return within a year at least to check in. It's definitely longer than two months, though...

"Rather than just wiping all names from inactive users, I'll be testing a feature where you can "steal" the names of dragons belonging to inactive users (that dragon will become unnamed, and you get it instead)."

That sounds like an awesome idea!

Why don't the 2014 Shimmers have a Cave location?

Why don't the 2014 Shimmers have a Cave location?

Prize dragons don't come from the cave. They come from TJ.

Same as Thuweds and Tinsels.

Edited by snave

Prize dragons don't come from the cave.  They come from TJ.

Same as Thuweds and Tinsels.

Actually, CB Prizes and Thuweds were listed as Cave before, as were dragons that were caught before biomes were made. It's just used to note which dragons were made outside of the current system.

It seems as though the Locations for all CBs have disappeared, though. I assume this is temporary?

Edited by 11th

It seems as though the Locations for all CBs have disappeared, though. I assume this is temporary?

You're right! That's a big glitch.

You're right! That's a big glitch.

Also came here for info on it, came out sad :C

Guys I actually had to look up on wiki what section of the cave drops green coppers. How barbaric. smile.gif

I was just coming here to check if it was just me, I don't have any locations anymore either. I hope they come back soon, I really like this new feature!

I noticed mine were gone after you first posted this, but I just checked again, and the Locations are back! biggrin.gif

Because instead they are born from VOLCANOES! >8)

Haha, probably a glitch--report it in help, maybe?

That is an awesome description for a Shimmer.

So glad the locations are back now.

Oh man we're getting that encyclopedia? Count me as a happy camper!!!

And I'm so happy to hear about the changes to inactivity and dragon names. 99% of my dragon names are random things I made up off the top of my head so I think that the ones that do get stolen if I go inactive can easily be replaced. And I'm sure at least a few of them will have names left per each breed so I can easily remember what special name my breeds have.

The biome listing is pretty cool, too.

(I'm a slow poke. Been too busy to actually respond to this before now. xd.png)