TJ09

2014-05-15 - Minor Feature Update

I have to admit, I don't like the whole name stealing thing.

Edited by Wahya

Thanks for the information, I was wondering why there was suddenly a location for each egg on their page happy.gif

I'm completely fine with name stealing.. I wish it was implemented NOW so i can go steal a name because this user hasn't been online since April of 2013 and i have been waiting for this name over a year ;-;

For the Alpine/Mountain thingie, I say change the Alpine to Mountain. Only the biome states that it's called Alpine, even in the biome description says "mountain" and never "Alpine".

Either way would be fine IMHO, I'd just like both to be the same.

Edited by Allspice

Yay! I can see the location where I found my dragons! biggrin.gif

Can't wait to see the Encyclopedia and try out the naming feature xd.png

Edited by LumosSeeker148

I either failed to check any caveborn eggs or it's cave-wide now, because I can see the locations now. biggrin.gif So cool!

thanks TJ!

I just find out the "location" on my cb dragons!

That is interesting!

and steal names sounds cool too!!

cant want for further updates!

Thank you for all your hard work!

I think the biome feature is pretty neat.

I've always been a bit leery of the name loss thing. Still I get that it is very unlikely that someone would be away from the internet for three months so I guess the only way it could happen is if they lost interest in the game.

A name "steal" option would be interesting... Although as dragons cannot be searched by name, to the best of my knowledge, might be difficult to do. Also as dragons eggs are stolen, might want it called something else.

Would probably need a more friendly name- "name nabbing"?

too bad for me! I'm not very active anymore so ill have to try to protect my dragon names.

At least you won't lose all of them.

A name "steal" option would be interesting... Although as dragons cannot be searched by name, to the best of my knowledge, might be difficult to do.

You can search names by doing "dragcave.net/view/n/*name_here*". It makes stalking names very easy!

Yeah, personally I'd think that closer to a year of inactivity - at least six months - seems a bit more gracious and I'd feel better about that. Three months or 8 weeks or whatever seems to be the general expectation feels a bit too soon for me (and I'm a daily player!).

Oh good, my daughter once lost the names of all her 500+ dragons and guess who got stuck helping her rename it ? dry.gifblink.gifrolleyes.gif

We ended up renaming them by breed, to make it easier to keep up, but took us weeks to name them all

Name stealing sounds cool, since lineages won't just go suddenly unnamed when nobody's actually going to use something xd.png

And biome thing's cool~

I like the feature saying which location a particular egg was stolen from, and am especially thankful that those taken before there were biomes say "Location: Cave". Am looking forward to the other features as they become available.

Is it me or did the color get richer? I mean a deeper tone to them?  blink.gif maybe it's just me.

Do you mean in the lineage views or what? There have been some changes in the lineage tiles of some breeds. I think someone did mention that some dragons appeared darker in the new tiles; for me, I can definitely see a difference in the Silver Shimmers. Looks like the effect of zooming in; the shadows are more visible. But I can't tell if that's what you're referring to.

Edited by Dimar

Wee~ awesome x3 This is quite exciting! Thanks, TJ and anyone that has helped/is helping with this! ^u^/

I wasn't a part of they group yesterday, but now i am.

Nevermind, it got released.

Edited by DangerDragon

Ooh, I just noticed the biomes, from an untouched page from yesterday.

Also, I first assumed the encyclopedia was an April Fools joke. Heh heh.

Maybe the Dragon Encyclopedia will be implemented on DC's birthday.