TJ09

2014-04-05 - Monthly Release Notice

I'm all for a let's wait and see category. We will never have everyone agree as to the best time/day to release new monthly dragons and this is a test of the system and, I assume, whether it can carry the load of players grabbing dragons at that hour. I highly doubt that these would be rares especially as this is the first time with this trial. I can't honestly remember a rare (not uncommon) being dropped back in my memory. So I'm going to chill and see how it goes.

Actually, I believe the drop will be in just under 5 hours from now; ~8pm for you?

Whoopwhoop I totally did not forget to check on the date, stupid me xd.png

I'm always so confused with the cave time anyways thumbs_up.png

I'm GMT+1 and I've never get up early to search the new eggs.

A normal relase usually starts at 6.00 AM for me, so when I catch eggs on 10.00 AM it's like 4.00 AM in DC time and there is no competition.

What I want to ask: is it so difficult to get a new egg? With few attempts you can find 2-3 new ones even some hours after that the relase started...

An older player usually already have all breeds and wait with curiosity and interest for a new one. I think that this could improve their effort and fun to catch a new one.

It's not requiring so much effort as catch an holly, I don't see the need to be agry.

I will have this relase on 19.00 PM. It's more frustrating to wait all day! I just want to start the search and see the new eggs xd.png If I'll have to click 10 more times to find one... I will do this huge sacrifice. xd.png

I'm happy for those that finally can take the egg as first, for one time ^^

Appreciate the heads-up, TJ! Looking forward to seeing the new eggs biggrin.gif

I think that most of the frustration here is still a part of the joke of April 1s. If today TJ clarify what he wants to do with the encyclopedia we would not feel so upside down, and could look at this relase with more proactiveness smile.gif

Thank you for letting us know, TJ.

It is still a Sunday drop, so no work for me, and I am home sick with pneumonia anyway, so I won't be out at a restaurant or shopping.

I will have 9 empty slots by the new release, so that will give me 6 new eggs and room to grab an egg from the AP a couple of times and keep what I hatch.

Winning!

...figures I'll be asleep during that time, since I work the night shift and therefore keep vampire hours. Not that it would have worked out well for me either way; I was at work last night xd.png

I look forward to seeing what the dragon(s) turn out to be!

I know the feeling (I'm on GTM +2).

While the beginning of the release is at relatively good time for me, the rush when all the US people are online at the same time, I highly doubt to catch any new egg.

And since it's Monday, I have to do the exercises for the Tuesdays lectures. Most of the release will pass on me while I am asleep and at University on Tuesday.

And since there's no confirmation on how long the release will last, I doubt even more on my chances of actually catching anything.

So yeah, rreeeaaally looking forward seeing what kind of mess there will be tomorrow.

I'm a GMT +10 and I know the feeling exactly. Even with the midnight releases, I've struggled to catch some of these and missed others entirely. This release will start at 3am my time. Bearing in mind the morning routine and work, it'll be 10-11am before I can even get to a computer. If the majority of DC's users are indeed in the US, that's eight or more hours they've had to catch up to seven new eggs each, and depending on rarity, that could do a heck of a lot to 'normalise' ratios.

What I want to ask: is it so difficult to get a new egg? With few attempts you can find 2-3 new ones even some hours after that the relase started...

It is for some of us. Australia's fairly rubbish for internet in general, and bcause of where my town's situated, our internet still comes via overhead copper telephone wires, not the faster underground cables. I've been playing since 2007 and there are still rares I haven't caught because I just can't compete with the speeds US or European users can get.

I probably won't be on at that time, but I'll still get 'em! Lol. I usually am on when all the competition is going .-.

As long as this release isn't anything like when Coppers were released, then I think I'll be okay.

First of all, I'd suggest avoiding the usage of "real"--even in quotes--in terms of discussing what people collect.  Each person has different value they place on different things.  It's rather rude to suggest certain people are "real" collectors, even in jest.

Suggestion is noted and will be put to use.

My apologies if I offended, it wasn't my intent at all to define any users as more or less of a collector (hence the quotation marks). What I meant by "real" was more along the lines of "even the most meticulous collectors, who would want every possible sample of the collected thing". As in "being very much into detail". Of course one is still as much of a collector if there are other criteria for the collection.

@general topic:

Oh, and because I didn't mention it so far - I'm still excited to see what the new dragon(s) will be, so in that respect still looking as much forward to the new release as ever ! About four hours to go !!

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

As long as this release isn't anything like when Coppers were released, then I think I'll be okay.

Nothing will be as Coppers. That time we already have scrolls plenty of previously dragons relased one or two days before. We simply cannot have them all at the same time. (I've not immediatly breed Hellhorses, for example and this had let me collect 2 x each copper color).

I think that unless this is a super strange relase (as blusang) we will be ablet to easy find them, if not immediatly almost after some hours!

I'm just going to write this one off as a loss. Hopefully these won't be forced into the category of false rare because of the half day release and the fact that many have prior commitments.

If TJ is going to stick to this midday mess, then he really needs to change the release to Saturday so it doesn't conflict with school nights for the folk to the east.

For me, I will never make a new release again because I'll be at work, but I'm starting to lose interest anyway.

Nothing will be as Coppers. That time we already have scrolls plenty of previously dragons relased one or two days before. We simply cannot have them all at the same time. (I've not immediatly breed Hellhorses, for example and this had let me collect 2 x each copper color).

I think that unless this is a super strange relase (as blusang) we will be ablet to easy find them, if not immediatly almost after some hours!

Coppers started off on a very good starting line that you have just stated (most players already having at least SOME slots filled), and yet still managed to be a complete mess of a release.

If something is released in the same manner but to a massive group of hungry users with completely empty scrolls...

Well, I can't stay awake any longer. Good luck to everyone trying to catch their eggs when they are first dropped. I'm really disappointed that they didn't release at midnight, when I would have been able to catch them. This will be the first release where I won't be able to witness the first drop since...gosh, last spring? sad.gif

Coppers started off on a very good starting line that you have just stated (most players already having at least SOME slots filled), and yet still managed to be a complete mess of a release.

If something is released in the same manner but to a massive group of hungry users with completely empty scrolls...

It will be more as an Holiday relase, I suppose.

I also think (but of course I cannot be sure) that we will be able to find only new relase eggs and not the normal ones for more time, this relase.

I also think (but of course I cannot be sure) that we will be able to find only new relase eggs and not the normal ones for more time, this relase.

Doesn't that depend on how rare the dragons are supposed to be?

Hahaha, holiday release? Nice try. Those are guaranteed to last a whole day (or three), which not even the last release was.

More like complete chaos during the first one or two hours, and massive disappointment afterwards due to the lack of new eggs.

Edited by CNR4806

I think others that have said it are right. If a drop lasted a full 24 hours then what time the drop occurred really wouldn't matter and everyone around the globe would be happy. There's nothing more frustrating then seeing cave blockers mixed in with a new release within hours and having to deal with all those damn misclicks.. >_<

Translation for everyone's time:

Mainland Europe: 7:00 PM

UTC/BST: 6:00 PM

Central: 12:00 PM

Mountain: 11:00 AM

Pacific: 10:00 AM

Australia (western): 1:00 AM

Australia (central): 2:00 AM

Australia (eastern): 3:00 AM

I see people are mentioning Blusang and Copper, but let's not forget Green Opals, which were very scarce and commanding a high price for months following their release. I was lucky enough to grab my Opals in the first hour of release; others were less fortunate and had to pay dearly for CB ones in trades.

I feel like we're about due for another rare/uncommon release, with the way the Red-Finned, Yellow-Crowned, Nhiostrifes, Brutes, and Fevers have been fairly common. If so, missing out on the first few hours of this delayed release may significantly decrease the chances of obtaining an egg.

Hahaha, holiday release? Nice try. Those are guarenteed to last a whole day (or three), which not even the last release was.

More like complete chaos during the first one or two hours, and massive disappointment afterwards due to the lack of new eggs.

It will be simple the massive disappointment that others with GMT + ? usually feel during every relase :/

I think others that have said it are right. If a drop lasted a full 24 hours then what time the drop occurred really wouldn't matter and everyone around the globe would be happy. There's nothing more frustrating then seeing cave blockers mixed in with a new release within hours and having to deal with all those damn misclicks.. >_<

Didn't the last release do this?

I am somewhat confused by something... I thought releases normally simply dropped the new eggs in the biomes they were for? I remember Brute/Fever being the only ones dropped during the last release (as far as I noticed, anyway). Is this not the normal method?

Edit: Ninjaed by PieMaster xd.png

Edited by MoonShark