Viirin

Azure Wyrm

OOC I'm writing updates. It's unlock time! Going to bed, then finishing update when I wake up. Any updates from anyone else written between now and then... well, Zeditha, Avialae, Dragonhatchling, and Books aren't allowed to- would mess up what I'm doing smile.gif

OOC @ Ahh! Glad you got that taken care of, Dragon. Also, my doctor thinks that there might be a simple thing causing both my ridiculously high blood pressure, and, news to me- my kidneys doing bad things. My appointment is for July 22 (a wednesday, which I don't post on anyway).

Zeditha's earlier absence is one of the reasons I want everyone to friend me on Facebook and Skype! (Books is friends with me on Facebook, Skype, and Steam, Dragonhatchling is friends with me on Facebook and Steam) Just in case you don't have time to post, you can still get a hold of me and I can plan my posts accordingly.

@Avialae: So, the Nurse Practicticioner is... my primary. I wanted the DOCTOR to be my primary doctor, but since she was on vacation and it was kind of an emergency, I saw the NP. The doctor's office said they keep people with the same person they first see. So, that'll be my main person and there isn't a choice- I already tried. Also- HAHAHA! Yeah the Boss doesn't seem like a threat anymore. Good eatin', though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

@Crell: The amount of light in the.. place the slime was changed. The slime couldn't see what it was, but it did see a dark shape moving along the ground, coming from the upper part where the slime had initially come from. It didn't get closer, and it disappeared. What was that? The big things moving up there? Hopefully they didn't come down. The small amounts of organic that the slime got didn't count for much, unfortunately. But it was able to get to the edge of the flat part it was on... and fall off when the everything shifted suddenly a couple times again. But instead of having to go up to get to the other colored thing, the colored thing came down! It was on the bottom-most flat. But then the slime was too, and the organic thing that it had been pulling on came with it. The slime was on the ground (if that's what this was) next to the colored thing, and the organic floppy thing it had been pulling on was on top of both.

@Zeditha: (unlocked: king cobra) The Angry slime started to move and face the slime, but the burst of hot light erupting from the small slime distracted it, making it start to writhe and flop around. Even better, because the slime's own attacks got the... previously dangerous slime onto its back, and its wings started flapping, but instead of getting any lift, it only flopped pointlessly on the ground, unable to get up or do anything useful. The slime had previously seen that its tail seemed dangerous too, but the Running slime had gotten that pinned down and half ripped off already! The slime's poisonous uneat breath didn't seem to do very much, but it did make the hot light on the Angry slime not be there when it touched it. But it was still very much brighter than it was before! The other slimes seemed to be attacking in a specific way... which it looked like the Angry slime was trying to start to move in a way that it would find a way to deal with it. But the slime's random tearing and clawing and biting kept it from being able to deal with that and had to keep trying to protect itself with its limbs- which only exposed it that much more to the others.

Angry made more of its things in its face come out, and it hit the slime, but since it had already absorbed it the first time, it wasn't effective anymore and didn't really count for anything.

@Avisk: Angry seemed like it could hear too... once the approaching Big Slime started hurrying towards it, it slowly, very slowly, started to move. It didn't look like it was tired... it looked like it was intentionally moving slowly on purpose for some reason that the slime didn't understand. It began to arch its back and pose its chest and neck... but instead of being able to complete whatever weird thing it was doing, it only gave the Big Slime that much better of a landing position! But Angry wouldn't have been able to complete whatever it was doing anyway because that was the same moment that the slime unleashed its back fire, covering Angry's face, neck, and right wing.

@Aster: (unlocked: pelican) The Angry slime started yanking on its own tail, trying to pull it away and out of the slime's mouth. But it wasn't working. It tried pulling, but it only pulled downward- which was where the ground was. It didn't go anywhere. By the shape of the joints, it didn't look like it was meant to bend that way? It wiggled around though, almost hitting the slime in the face a few times. But Angry was busy fighting the other two slimes now too, and it wasn't doing well at all! It looked like it was being defeated now just as easily as the three of them were defeated by IT earlier!

((If I don't have time to post, I won't have time for Facebook either. Not that I check Facebook ever anyway... And I don't even have Skype... xd.png

If I'm about to leave I'll try to let you know via post here.))

Zeditha noticed the wings and decided that if Angry flipped, he would get away easily. Therefore, she tried to get hold of its wing. It took a bit of effort, but she eventually got her beak and claws into the soft feathers and began tearing at that, keeping grip despite Angry's weakening attacks.

Then she thought of something. Angry had eyes - and if Angry lost the eyes, it wouldn't be able to see, right? So of she attacked the eyes, Angry would be helpless. She decided that once this wing was definitely out of the battle, she would eat Angry's eyes. Nodding briefly to herself, she bit down hard on the wing, as near its base as she could manage, and started trying to break off the limb. She expected it to take a while, and so she took small breaks between bites and ate the feathers which were now torn up and strewn about from her frenzy of clawing. She also dug her beak into any exposed parts of Angry she could get at - more food could only be better, and she was very hungry.

((Ooh, cobra scales... Ooh, cobra frill... Ooh, cobra venom... Ooh, cobra hiss... Zedi like cobra. smile.gif))

Avisk had control of the shiny it so wanted still, but it couldn't ignore the fighting going on. Angry was flipped and flopping around wildly as Kind and Unsure attacked it. Why not join the frey?

The small slime shoved the pearl into its mouth, swallowing it but for some reason not being able to digest it yet. Regardless, the slime ran as fast as its small body could and jumped onto Angry as it flailed around. Kind was attacking a wing and Unsure was nearly breaking off the tail. Avisk took to one of the more wounded spots Kind had made nearby to get an easier attack in since it didn't exactly have ripping things or sharp pointy things in its mouth. It did, however, succeed in getting some of the spines stuck into the wounded part where the flames had seared and gone out. It turned, righting itself with the help of Angry's thrashing to devour some of the chunks of flesh a few of the spines had torn off. Those were still in Angry, causing more trouble the more it thrashed.

But that was when Avisk managed to actually bite something. By accident even but the flesh it had gotten a hold of had teared from the spines left in it. Suddenly, Avisk registered it had flown off via a hard slam into itself with a larger section of flesh now in its mouth and trailing along with it.

The slime didn't know how far it had flown or why this hadn't hurt it, but it was still near enough to hear the fighting and see the fighting. But it had rolled somewhat and now landed on something slightly squishy. Avisk chomped away at the meat, bouncing a little on the squishy thing. It took a while for the meat to get chomped down, having no proper way to really eat this, before the slime started to investigate the squishy part. A slight amount of oozing liquid was coming out of this squishy thing where more of the spines had lodged and poked through the hide of whatever this was. It was hard, but slightly squishy hard stuff capable of bouncing where it wasn't hidden by earth.

But the broken spines were poking out of this one spot, and intrigued Avisk. Flames still occasionally spurted out of the other spines, and more uncontrollably off the broken portions of the spines too. But where those flames almost 'leaked' out of Avisk the hard bouncy stuff was getting softer. More liquidy. And that kept getting worse as more fire kept happening. So, being confounded by this new discovery, the small slime used flame on one of the more liquidy spots and ended up creating a hole big enough for itself. It had nearly fallen in too, and more liquidy hard stuff kept happening.

Fighting continued to rage on behind Avisk and the small slime felt real bad for having accidentally abandoned them even though they weren't far away. It could run back and help more, but the lack of proper attacking and size was more of a hinderance to everyone the small slime felt. Sure, fire was great, but watching Unsure and Kind attack made Avisk feel left out of sorts. It wasn't able to help as much as it wanted. Whatever the other slimes had gotten into had allowed them to help more, whereas Avisk hadn't been nearly as lucky. It had the pincher thing on its back end, but the slime hadn't used that for fear of having that break off too. That would've helped rip flesh, but not while Angry was flailing around.

OOC: Ooh, sorry about the NP. Maybe if you make enough noise about what happened and how it was an emergency, they'll eventually change you to the doctor just to shut you up? I've had luck with that tactic sometimes. And yeah . . . I'm not really on Steam or Skype . . . I suppose I could join Facebook, though (is not a very social media-oriented person).

To Aster's surprise, the other two slimes seemed to have Angry well in hand. Small had covered Angry's head and one of its wings in the hot light, filling the air with a strong stench that reminded Aster of when the other hot light had eaten its surroundings before, but . . . different, stronger, somehow. Big had at some point managed to flip Angry over on its back, something Aster wouldn't have thought of, which apparently prevented it from using its wings before Small destroyed one of them, and was now attacking the uninjured one. Aster still meant to eventually sever Angry's tail, but it looked pretty beat up already, the flesh around the hard part in the middle mostly gone now, and bent at an angle that was somehow odd-looking. And . . . Aster was hungry, and the parts of Angry that it had already tasted had tasted much better than the charred stuff it had eaten before.

Since the three slimes didn't seem to be in so much danger now, surely there was no harm in taking a break for a little snack? Letting go of its grip on Angry's half broken-off tailtip and reaching for the thicker, meatier flesh above where Aster had first bitten down, Aster grabbed a chunk of Angry in its jaws, tore it off, and swallowed it. There were no hard parts in the part of Angry that Aster had seized, so the slime was able to remove it easily. Aster was still hungry, so it repeated this several more times until it was full for the moment, and then went back to trying to sever Angry's tail again, wrenching the base of its skull from side to side now as that had seemed to help with the softer parts before. The hot light on Angry was still blazing merrily, so Aster didn't realize that Small had gone missing yet.

((Sorry for the Hiatus. Life has been busy.))

@Selim: The center of the thing had a lot of a curl to it, and got narrower and narrower. But the slime couldn't get in all the way. That was okay; it was at least able to absorb the hard organic thing (the back part wasn't hard) that was within the inorganic... was it fully inorganic? Inorganic organic. The slime was able to absorb the organic thing from inside. That's what mattered most. Something wet touched the slime, then shoved the slime forcefully, making it move. The slime felt the grainy ground beneath it, but now it was somewhat covering the slime!

The grainy stuff was all over the slime! It feel strange. Not strange but terrible! It made the Slime mad. This organic that thought it could put the inorganic all over it. Well it was going to pay. Once the slime found it... The Organic had pushed it and the slime (being blind and deaf) couldn't find its way back. The only way it could do anything was to pick a direction and go. As the slime started moving it hit something. It seemed to push in very fine holes in the slime. But by moving up and down it found that it could move a bit of the grain off. And it was organic! The slime decided to absorb some for later reference.

OOC @ Everyone: Sorry, wanted to update awhile ago- but it looks like my health just isn't currently letting me do much (you can look at my previous OOCs to see what is going on if you don't already know). I'm going to keep updating as often as I can (some cool stuff happening right now, and more planned, so please forgive me).

Avisk is collecting something right now- you'll see soon. It will require me to expand character information on the Big File. I think, to keep track of pearls, that should be on there too, so I'll do that today.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Zeditha: (unlocked: vulture corpse-sense: requires sense of smell) The slime that had posed such a threat to all of the slimes before was now torn to pieces. There wasn't much left of it- the slimes had burned or eaten most of it now. The hard gray parts within the slime that took so much effort to get to (that wouldn't break apart for some reason) were most of what remained- and its eyes were destroyed. The slime had tried to eat them, but it wasn't able to effectively do so since it couldn't fit its mouth into the Angry slime's eyesockets. But at least it couldn't see anymore, and that was the slime's goal. Its wings were ruined as was its belly, its tail not working anymore, and a huge gash with tooth rip marks around its throat. But that wasn't all that was going on- something shiny and spherical rolled and glinted and caught the slime's attention. The glint was orange- which then the slime realized that the small slime had found something.

@Aster: (unlocked: king cobra scales, vulture feathers, stinging nettle) Angry didn't look like it would live much longer. The slime had attacked and consumed creatures before that were far less injured but died anyway, and this thing had more damage than the slime had ever seen before. But it was still fighting! Not fighting all that fast, or effectively, but it was. Something... something distracted the slime while its mouth was full of Angry slime meat torn off. The slime couldn't help but look over that way... the small slime was making hot light at the ground? No, something sticking pretty well out of the ground. It almost appeared as though the air above the thing turned a different color for a moment.

@Avisk: (unlocked: pelican throat, stinging nettle toxin gland, Indian scorpion chitin) The air around the slime, once the hard squishy bouncy inorganic skin was broken, became more horrible than anything the slime had encountered- even considering it buried itself in old garbage to consume it. It was fully organic, though. The slime knew the other slimes- all of them- must now know this was here. Maybe that's why Angry was here? Was it going to try to get this? Well, not now, it wasn't. The slime's entire surface recoiled from the acridness of the liquid that came out- but it also revealed something. There were hard things deep in the liquid. Strange shapes, that the slime almost... almost recognized?

@Selim: (unlocked: hermit crab chirp, hermit crab instincts, ox horns, ox skeleton) The organic thing wasn't as painful (it wasn't painful at all, actually) as the penetrating points might sound. It was actually sort of... comfortable? Anyway, the wet came and pushed the slime again, then pulled it forward. There was an organic in it now that wasn't there before... something... the slime had no frame of reference for this. But it felt rubbery, but whatever taste it should have had was covered by the saltiness of the wet.

Edited by Viirin

I'll just restart in this post and pretend the offending post never happened.

He relaxed on the inorganic, finding it didn't hurt much if he stayed still. But soon he turned ravenous and started to move trying to find something to eat. He needed to eat now and then suddenly bumped into something. It felt like a rough thing? It was certainly organic and suddenly clamped down on him. He decided to start absorbing it.

Atrocitas moved along then, no longer interested in this thing if it was not going to do anything for it. It then skipped the next several things it came across, searching for something more profitable. Atrocitas' only function was to grow and evolve. That was what it was programmed to do from the beginning. But nothing was making it grow and evolve at all, save something entirely useless that it had no need for. As its biological imperative was not being fulfilled, the slime began feeling a strange sort of desperation.

((I was actually thinking of a cactus but those up grades are still good. Also do I just say I want to grow those things?.))

The wet thing tasted nice and it was organic. That made the slime happy. Now where to go next? The slime supposed that it should go in the same direction. But as the slime started off it realized that something was different. The hot thing that was pushing on it was now gone. Now the slime was getting cold. It had the sudden urge to crawl under some thing, but what? The slime moved over the grain and ran into a organic. A old organic that was very hard. The slime moved under to hide.

((Hmm, do I have smell from anything? Housecat seems promising...))

Zeditha looked at the thing. It was a lot like her Shiny, but orange, not brown. (almost forgot the colour name switch...) She decided it was probably someone else's Shiny. She picked it up gently and moved it away from what was left of Angry, then set it down and made a loud, almost growly noise. (bark) She followed it by a few clacks, and then went back to Angry, looking for her own Shiny.

It took some searching, but she eventually spotted the brown Shiny that was hers. She rumbled her throat happily (purr) and picked up her prize. She held it briefly in her beak, wondering what to do with it. Angry was no longer a threat, so she shouldn't need to eat it, and the others were nice, right? ...right? She was worried that they would try to steal her Shiny. She spat it out and looked at it. Well, if they tried... She'd give it to them. She was nice enough to do that, and it seemed like this Shiny - while pretty - wasn't very useful, and they all cared far too much about them. She grasped the object in her beak once again and moved it over to the same place as the orange one.

((Zedi moved both Shinies away from Angry - slightly towards where Small ran off to.))

OOC: Don't worry about it, Viirin - definitely concentrate on getting healthy before doing anything else! Also, what species of pelican did Aster unlock earlier - brown, white, something else? (is hoping it's brown due to the diving behavior . . . )

Realizing that Angry was nearly dead caused an odd uneasy feeling to grow inside Aster. Slimes were not food. It had determined that all the way back when it had first realized that Small, the first other slime that it had met, was another slime, and even though Aster still wasn't completely sure why it thought that it was still quite certain that that was the case. But now not only had Aster and the other two slimes eaten quite a bit of the Angry slime, they'd nearly killed it, and knowing that it had done something that ran counter to something that was established so deeply inside it was upsetting the slime.

After reflecting on the matter as best as it could with the mental capabilities that that it had, Aster decided not to worry about it too much. Angry had done bad things, after all. It had attacked the other slimes, and stolen their shinies. Under those circumstances, it shouldn't be such a big deal if Aster and the other slimes did bad things back to Angry, even if Angry was another slime. That reminded Aster - the shinies! The slime had lost track of them in the frenzy of the attack, and it needed to find them again.

It didn't take Aster long to find one of the two shinies Angry had had, as Big had already found it and was watching over it, along with another one that looked similar to the stuff near Small that it had seen before. Aster admired them for a moment, but then ultimately decided to leave them with Big at least for now, since it still needed to find the other shiny that Angry had originally stolen from it, that it had seen with Angry only recently but couldn't find now, and carrying the shinies all over would be difficult for Aster. It wasn't like the shinies were Big's, anyway. Aster was just . . . having Big look after them for it. Yeah.

Aster remembered that Small had really seemed to like that original shiny. Well, obviously, since it was a shiny, but . . . more than other shinies, somehow. It had gotten mad when Aster had taken it from it, even though it had given it another shiny in return. Maybe Small had taken it back from Angry already? The possibility seemed worth investigating, so Aster headed over to where Small had moved. It was a bit odd, Small seemed to be just standing still there. Had it found something? Before it got too much closer, it became obvious to Aster that indeed, Small had - something terrible. The acrid stench of the air was so horrible that the slime didn't want to get any closer even though it could tell that whatever made it up was at least partially organic - but the thought of finding the shiny again made it press on. That was worth it, if nothing else was.

((For safe keeping, Avisk had eaten its original shiny, the one Aster is also looking for, but is unable to digest it so far.

@Viirin: you keep getting better! Don't worry about us smile.gif if anything I can mostly handle what's going on if needbe. Even with my internet.

But, also, I'll be on vacation starting this friday and I think I'm coming back the 18th of this month... but it could be slightly later. So if I don't respond, somebody else is perfectly free to take care of Avisk for me while I'm away (i trust you all). I don't want to hold anything up, but I'm fairly sure even if I have internet I won't be on it nearly enough to squeeze in a post.))

Avisk mustered up enough courage and strength to drag out one of the oddly shaped things from the accursed liquid. The small slime nearly had fallen all the way into the liquid, only saved by the sloshing that caused most of the melting container to tear away and spill more liquid all over, which in turn freed the slime from drowning in this all. It also set free smaller bits of not yet liquidy flesh that had odd patterns on it. Avisk snapped those up, as they were easily swallowing size, and accidentally also swalloed a small portion of one of the hard things that had broken off from somewhere. The small slime couldn't be certain where.

It noticed that Unsure was headed over. Kind seemed to be too before being distracted. But Unsure definitely was coming over. Avisk rattled scales in greeting, colors changing to emit a more happy display than the confused and rather disgusted darker colors it had unknowingly changed to before.

The small creature dove into what was left of the liquid, sloshing out more hard things as it drug out more of them itself with its snapping end of its tail. The legs it had were able to pull the slime out normally while the jaw-like appendage from the pincher bug was strong enough to grip and hold onto these hard things. There was enough for each slime to get their fill it seemed. And something still was down in the container. Further down in the awful liquid. Giving Unsure one last glance over, Avisk jumped back in and sank down to the bottom now where no more hard things crowded. More of the odd patterned flesh wasn't yet liquidy and still down where. A few hard things were underneath it, and despite trying, Avisk wasn't exactly able to recover the entire thing. It did, however, manage to get the awful liquid into its mouth gap which caused the recoiling again its body had done before. But what pleased the slime too, was there was not just flesh this time floating but more meat.

Avisk had decided to call these pieces of meat that the pincher had torn off in an attempt to carry back the entire thing at the bottom. Hungry still, and having done a lot of work for such a small creature, the small slime snapped those chunks of meat up gratefully even though more liquid entered the slime too. It had at least succeeded in taking a chunk back in the pincher for the others. There was more down there if needbe as the slime resurfaced from the not-so-deep liquid compared to the other slimes. It was deep for Avisk only.

The small creature rattled again, gently shoving one of the hard odd shapes to Unsure. It rattled a little louder, trying to light fire but being unable due to being drenched, so Kind knew to come over. It claimed one of the smaller hard shapes, doing its best to try to eat this even though it wasn't as easy to eat as the few fragments were that it had consumed floating while retrieving much of this.

((haha Zeditha doesn't have smell yet and it's probably a good thing xd.png))

Zeditha sat by the Shinies and watched as Runner moved towards Small. Runner seemed to pause a small way from Small, though, almost as if something was in the way. She wondered what it was. She was content to sit and watch, one wing over each Shiny, for the moment; Small seemed to have found some kind of liquid, but other than that, nothing was too interesting.

But just a small time later, Small came back out of the liquid, holding something. Small seemed to be rattling in her direction, so she grabbed a Shiny in each front paw, stood on her hind legs, fell over, tried again, and eventually made her way over to the others. She put the Shinies down to one side, and made a curious sound. (meow... meowing fire-fighting dragon! Wow this is weird.) What did Small want?

OOC: I remember Avisk doing that, I'm just trying to establish the difference between what my character knows and what I know.

As far as Aster could tell, Small didn't seem to have the shiny. Or at least the slime couldn't see it anywhere near the other slime, though telling for sure would mean that Aster would have to get into the puddle of awful-smelling stuff that Small was standing in and . . . yeah, Aster wasn't doing that. At least not unless it had definite proof the shiny was there. Still, it was odd. It would have thought Small would have had the shiny, and Aster couldn't find any trace of it anywhere else.

The slime's train of thought was then halted as something small and hard rolled over out of the nasty stuff Small was in over to it. As far as it could tell, Small seemed to have sent it in Aster's direction. The slime was mildly curious about it, but as the object neared it it backed up anyway in order to avoid coming into contact with any of the foul-smelling substance it was covered in. Not that it seemed to be actively harmful, considering that Small was half-submerged in it and seemed to be fine . . . but Aster just didn't want to get any closer to whatever that stuff was. Not if it could help it. The horrible smell it gave off was so pervasive, Aster couldn't even tell what the small hard thing Small had decided to give it really was under the stench it was covered in.

There was something Aster did want, though. It wanted limbs that could move it in the up like Big had and Angry had used to have, and now that it was full of meat from Angry, it finally had enough extra mass to grow some. Aster was fairly sure that the other two slimes wouldn't attack it if it took some time out to grow up-limbs. And if they decided to leave it . . . well, joining up with the two of them to attack Angry had been successful beyond its wildest dreams, even if they had caught the enemy slime at a good time, but there were worse things that could happen.

The up-limbs Aster decided to copy were not the kind that it had known how to make for a while now, but instead something it had recently learned to make from Angry. Its reasons for doing so were mostly pragmatic - the first limbs had to move very very fast in order to keep their owners aloft, but the limbs it had learned how to make from Angry didn't have to move nearly as fast to do so, and sometimes they didn't have to move at all for long periods of time, thus conserving energy. Still, there were things the first set of limbs could do in the air that the ones that Aster was going to grow couldn't, so because for some reason the two different kinds of limbs worked in completely different ways, Aster decided to grow the second limbs' mechanism of flight as well, so if the slime ever needed it, it would have it. It was located in a completely different place from the first, so there shouldn't be a problem.

As Aster got to work growing its new limbs, it realized that for some reason it wasn't growing the soft fuzzies that would help it fly only on them, but all over its body for some reason. Well, except for the tip of its snout and its legs -- apparently something had kept the fuzzies from sprouting in those places. But having the soft fuzzies on its skin didn't feel bad. It felt . . . kind of warm, but in a comfortable way. Or maybe Aster had always been a little cold up until now, but hadn't had anything to compare it to.

OOC: Aster grew pelican wings, hornworm moth flight musculature (it would be in her back, since that's how insect wings work) and body feathers. So basically now she could fly either like a pelican or a hornworm moth, or that's the idea. And sorry for probably stalling the in-game action for a couple of hours, but I've wanted her to get wings for a while.

Edited by Avialae

@Serket: The slime moved for a long time, feeling the heat in the ground, but not feeling heat from above it... what had changed? It wasn't like that when it first awoke. But that's what it was now. The slime eventually came to an organic piece of something, that was... not recognizable. But the slime didn't recognize most things because it had no basis for comparison. But the thing, whatever it was, was thin. Not as thin as other things it had found previously, but almost perfectly flat. The air moved against the slime, and the flat organic thing flopped against the slime annoyingly.

Flat, flopping. What was it? Why was it here? The slime tried, but found no recognition in this strange new thing. Organic was the only determining attribute that was familiar. Between the flopping thing and the changes to the heat, the slime almost froze in place, stupefied. These changes seemed erratic, more erratic than before, but perhaps that was only because the slime had no way of understanding these things in comparison to how things had been before. And the thing - it continued to flop. Its movement combined with the motion of the air confused the slime almost enough to keep it moving away, but... organic. Stranger still than the sharp-soft substance found and learned in the deep circle, but organic.

The slime pressed against and overwhelmed the flat organic. Pressed further, and absorbed. The annoyance rapidly disappeared. Now only the heat remained to confuse and irritate the slime.

((Sorry I died there for a while))

Viathen was curious as to what new abilities the strange thing had given it. It didn't want to use up too much mass, as it didn't have a lot to work with. The slime tentatively grew a bony ridge down its back. It thought that that would be helpful for protecting itself, but soon found it made moving very difficult. It tried breaking the ridge into tiny segments. Perfect! It didn't seem to serve much purpose now, but Viathen was proud of itself for growing the bony thing. And hungry. Seemingly always hungry. Viathen slithered off in search for something a bit more substantial that would give it more mass to experiment with.

OOC Seven characters to update! And finally I'm able to do it. So, I'm writing today. *starts making notes*

OOC @ Zeditha: The orange shiny is green. You saw it as orange because of Avisk's fire reflecting off of it! But with your shadow blocking it, you realized the orb as your own. Avisk already got his back. So, now I gotta figure out what the second thing is. (Like Dragon said)

@Evil Sethoss: Yeah, I thought you might be saying cactus, but the tiny holes made me think of a brush. So, I looked up organic components for various brushes, and ox hair looked the most wirey, so I chose that. Also, yes, you can start to grow the parts you've unlocked that you like now. But also remember it'll take mass to grow it, and also it won't be fully functional or formed right away.

@SparrowSelkie: You're here now!

@Soulking: I had to look up where your last thing was. I was planning on doing that for everyone anyway, so you gave me some incentive. Okay, the next post I do (right below this one) is just for you. I'm not sure what character you were intending to do an update for, so I put both in, just in case.

@Zeditha, Dragonhatchling, and Avialae: So, I thought of how to NOT delay the actions for so long. It would be too many posts. So, I'll just, over a few posts, say how much of her/his (?) wings are grown. But we know the end result. Okay. So, I talked with Dragonhatchling about her unlock, and she got it, so I'm making sure everyone else does too. This doesn't mean human spoken language. I can't speak English and your slimes understand. You have to invent your own language, together. You know, once you other two get this unlock.

@Avialae: So, what about your redwood bark armor? Got feathers on that, too? Also, I changed my mind. I know what the end result will be of your wings, but please have the growth over time, since you're in a party. Plus one of your new unlocks just might make you wanna edit... You can message me to ask.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

@Selim: Why it took this long for the slime to start to feel the effects of the strange wet that had kept touching it wasn't known. What was known, though, is that the old, hard organic was only slightly warmer than than the air over the grains was. But where the wet had touched the slime started to feel... poppy? No. Bubbly? No. The slime felt as though tiny bubbles of air were forming inside it, rising through its form, then exploding safely when they touched the slime's outer surface. What was this?

@Atrocitas: The slime had traveled for awhile, ignoring most of the things it encountered, until it came across something sufficiently different. There were patches of the stuff, if the slime moving around its base described enough of it to it. The ground was wet, though this part wasn't as hard as the rest was. There was... seemingly... thick inorganic siltiness there, with tall, thin, relatively hard organics sticking out of it. The slime couldn't feel how high it went... it was too far up.

@Zeditha: Runner got closer to Small, and was... wasting time. A lot of it. Just... sitting... no, it was starting to grow something. Something similar to what Angry had, and the slime had. It was only small nubs now, but it was obvious what it was trying to do. It wanted to fly, too! The small slime though, was drenched in the liquid stuff that looked slimy, sticky, and slippery. And horrifying. But the slime was eating it- a lot of it- so it must obviously be organic. Well, it wanted organic. It had eaten some of Angry... which... Hey! It wasn't dead! It was mostly just bones held together by thin and torn pieces of its own meat and slime, and it was moving slowly. If it had limbs other than the broken and burned up "up" ones, then maybe it would be dragging itself. It looked like it was trying to get away; but it wasn't very fast at it.

@Aster: (unlocked: chimerism- not myth) The slime shuddered. Something within this.. the slime thought it looked dry, but it was still slippery and sticky at the same time. The smell wasn't that much less, either. Whatever that thing was part of, it was obviously dead for a very, very long time. It had to have been... right? The slime wasn't really hungry since it consumed so much of the Angry slime, but now that it started to grow again, its hunger began to return.

A sound distracted the slime. Something behind it. Something... intermittent, but... quiet? Something dragging something.

@Avisk: (unlocked: cancer, tiger skeleton, human flesh, LANGUAGE CAPACITY) The other slimes.. well, the middle-sized one stared at the piece of hard for awhile before finally deciding to eat it. The other slime had one of the shinies (so that's where the last one was) and some sort of white thing in its other front claw. What was that thing? Well, the... the Angry slime looked- now that the slime wasn't distracted and saw it- like it was escaping. Slowly. It looked like it should have been dead, but it somehow wasn't. The slime itself went through severe damage and kept thinking it should be dead given what it knew about organic life, but it hadn't died. Maybe, since Angry was still alive and... Angry... that it wasn't anywhere near that easy to finish off a slime for good.

@Viathen: The bony thing wasn't anywhere near as hard as it should be, but it only needed time and more mass to finish it. But it served its lack of purpose for now- motivation. The slime easily found more organic, though it didn't taste complicated. But it was different from other things it had eaten. It was pretty dry, but it was made of countless tiny flat pieces. There were tiny traces of something else in it... but the slime couldn't identify it.

@Serket: (unlocked: palm frond) The heat, the slime found, wasn't from the everywhere now. It was only from the down? The grainy ground it was traveling on, and other things it was touching was hot, but the air wasn't. Not anymore. But what mattered more was that the annoying flappy organic wasn't there anymore, and the slime was more full than it was before. The organic had an edge to it that the slime didn't absorb yet... and it felt that it was... no. It wasn't part of other things, it was just touching them. There was something... maybe it was organic?

Edited by Viirin

@Serket: (unlocked: palm frond) The heat, the slime found, wasn't from the everywhere now. It was only from the down? The grainy ground it was traveling on, and other things it was touching was hot, but the air wasn't. Not anymore. But what mattered more was that the annoying flappy organic wasn't there anymore, and the slime was more full than it was before. The organic had an edge to it that the slime didn't absorb yet... and it felt that it was... no. It wasn't part of other things, it was just touching them. There was something... maybe it was organic?

With the flappy thing now fully absorbed, the slime permissed itself to keep moving forward, but it halted before it get any recognizable distance. Despite the absence of the flapping organic, the slime had the distinct feeling that there was something more close by. Feeling near the space the flapping thing had so recently occupied, the slime detected a substance that was not part of the other things around it, but was merely... there. Touching, but not a part of. Was it organic?

A distant instinct in the slime promoted an idea of hopefulness. The slime was beginning to understand that organic meant good. It was positive, helpful to the slime. Inorganic was not necessarily bad, but not as good as the organic. So, the slime hoped that this new edge-substance was organic like all the previous objects it had consumed. Hope was new, and for now, it was just the feeling of the slime remembering organic and the fullness of absorbing it.

The slime pressed up against the edge-substance. Yes, it was organic. Different, unfamiliar organic, but soon enough it could be committed to the slime's memory. Still putting the heat changes out of its focus, the slime moved over the new organic and absorbed.

Avisk watched Kind for a little second, wondering why it was starring. It shoved one of the hard things over to Kind, rattling a little and looking at the hard white shape, before looking and Kind and rattling again. Eat. It wanted to say 'eat it' but wasn't exactly sure how. It knew what it wanted to say, but it doubted Kind or even Unsure knew. Rattling so far seemed to be the best form of communication, and worked rather well so far. So Avisk stuck to that for now.

But Avisk also noticed Unsure growing nubs. Instinctively it knew Unsure was also planning to grow limbs like Kind and even Angry. Leaving it here. Stuck here. The thought made it somewhat sad. It was still a burden to the other slimes it felt, them being so much larger and more capable. All Avisk had was fire, hallucinations, spines, the pincher and its small stature. Which wasn't terrible, the small slime knew this. Small and with all the protection the spines offered, as well as the fire, that wasn't bad at all. The hallucinations it could somewhat produce too were fine. Those eventually might become useful.

But Avisk also noticed Angry, and also noticed a slight perspective change that was happening. Was Avisk growing? It grew slightly taller, similar to Unsure's height now, and the limbs it had for walking and running had grown slightly stronger. More suited for travel than the rat-chameleon limbs. It still had the chameleon toe structure to be able to cling and climb like those small lizards could, but these were different enough to support climbing from such an odd slime. It's body elongated slightly again as well, the spines becoming just enough spread out to lay properly again instead of overtop each other as before. Everything fit better again.

By now Angry had started to shuffle more, which more-so caught Avisk's attention. It shook a little more, small droplets of the liquid flying off the newly laid spines. The orange fire spurted off the spines equally again, not in a massive roundish clump as before. That stopped. Then again. Then another stop. Avisk moved forward with a tentative step, walking past Kind while once again gesturing to the hard white thing. A tiny shove to Kind again with that, so Kind knew in case it hadn't before, to eat. The slime walked a little more ahead, to Angry as it now didn't have such a huge difference to cover anymore not being as small as it was.

Angry was in terrible terrible shape, and Avisk somewhat felt sorry for the poor creature having been in such situations similar with how badly hurt Angry was. Maybe they could help Angry? Teach it to not be so... angry? anymore? Could that be possible? Kind and Unsure were no longer threats to Avisk, now that Avisk seemed to have made friends with them. Or at least Avisk considered their working together this new word, friendship, that had come to it recently. Unsure had originally been somewhat of a threat, while Kind had not. Kind had been, well, kind to Avisk from the beginning while Unsure had threatened and tried to also control the pile the previously smaller slime had accidentally set on fire. Those images of the hallucinations came back to it again, and knowing it harnessed that power now the images didn't bother Avisk. But maybe they could be used to teach Angry not to be so mean?

Even with Avisk standing practically over Anrgy, the brutally torn slime still shuffled and dragged itself in attempts to get away. Avisk noticed it would be so easy to just step on one of the pieces of Angry dragging with it and stop the movement, but instead the slime rattled again. Signaling to the others Angry was of importance but not exactly killing. Hopefully. There had to be a better way to signal that.

Zeditha looked at the thing Small had rolled over. It looked organic, and Small kept looking at her as if it wanted her to eat it. So, she did. It didn't taste too bad itself, but the stuff covering it was... Strange. Still, she was hungry; she wasn't going to complain. In fact, she wanted more. Small seemed to be covered in the same stuff the thing had been, and she very briefly considered trying to eat Small, but pushed away the thought. No, Small was nice. She shouldn't eat another slime if it was nice. Angry hadn't been nice, so it was okay to eat Angry. Thinking of Angry, it seemed to be trying to move. Somehow, this seemed amusing, so Zeditha clacked a little and purred. Then she remembered something. Small had been covered in the organic covering, but Small had just been in a pool of something! She wandered over to where Small had been, and immediately saw the pool. She put down the two Shinies (Zeditha can't tell the difference between a pearl and a... Whatever the other thing is) and dipped her beak into the stuff. It still tasted strange, and kind of nasty, but it was making her less hungry so she ate as much as she could. In fact, she leaned so far into the pool that she fell in! At first, she didn't mind. She could eat it while she was in it, and that was fine by her. But she had forgotten about the thing inside her, that allowed her to make noises. It needed air, and as soon as it was filled by the stuff, it began to convulse. Zeditha felt weak. She needed to get out! After quite a bit of floundering, she managed to get her head out of the stuff and scramble onto the edge. She kept convulsing, but it was no longer quite as bad, and she began feeling a little better.

That had been close. She didn't like the stuff any more; she would have to be careful not to let anything fill the noise-parts.

In the floundering, she had noticed some more hard things at the bottom of the pool. They were nice, but she didn't really feel like retrieving them at the moment.

OOC @ Zeditha: It's a porcelain bell, but it is missing the wooden dowel in the middle that lets it make noise. Also it is missing the part where the string attaches, so it's almost a perfect circle. You thought it was orange and not white because of the flame color from Avisk's back being reflected off it.

Aster's new up-limbs weren't anywhere near finished growing yet, but they were located on a part of the slime's body where they didn't really impede its movement during their growth, so Aster decided it may as well look around. Just sitting around waiting for them to grow was kind of boring, anyway.

Aster decided to investigate the shuffling-like sound first of all, mainly because it seemed to be coming from the opposite direction that the horrible smell was emanating from. Turning around, the slime immediately saw to its surprise that the sound was being made by none other than Angry, now little more than a burnt and blackened skeleton, as it tried to drag itself away from the other three slimes and, presumably, to somewhere resembling safety. Aster did not know what to think upon discovering that Angry was still alive. It might have put the fourth slime out of its mind before, but that was when it had thought that Angry would be dead before too much longer. Now it seemed that Angry was still alive and, despite all appearances to the contrary, still had some fight left in it. And yet, the way it was now, the slime looked so weak and . . . pitiful, even. Like the way Small had earlier when it had been Injured, except even more so, because it was so much worse. It didn't even look Angry anymore. Certainly it was no threat to the other slimes the way it was now, and in its current state, Aster didn't really feel like killing it. Well, if the slime even could kill it, since it didn't even look like Angry should be alive right now. Well, okay, so consuming it entirely would probably kill even something like Angry, but again, Aster didn't really want to do that to Angry when it was in this state. It was still another slime, after all.

It was taking Angry quite a long time to make its getaway, however, and as Aster watched it, an idea slowly began to form inside of its mind. This idea was something the slime would not have thought of even a short while ago, mainly because it would not have ever thought it would really work. Ever since Aster had first awoken, it had known instinctively that the only way to acquire new mass was to first absorb and then digest it. Simply trying to attach foreign flesh onto the slime's existing body would not make it belong to Aster. It knew that. But now, something deep inside the slime was telling it that doing that might work, in complete contradiction to its existing instincts. And Angry's own up-limbs seemed to have been largely spared by the attack, at least in comparison to the rest of it. The soft fuzzies covering it were gone so it couldn't use them, and they were burnt and blackened, but Aster knew now that those fuzzies made up only a small percent of their mass, and, as for the other damage, well, Aster was a slime. It could fix them if it really could make them its own. Not to mention fixing them would be faster than growing them seemed to be and . . . Aster could also tell that Small was eating enough of the nasty stuff it had gotten into to grow nearer to Aster's size. It wasn't as tall as Aster yet due to the way the former slime was built but it was catching up in weight. And with all the new things Aster had grown since it had first met Small, it felt like it hadn't actually increased much in size at all. And Aster didn't want to be the smallest slime. It still wanted the wings, but growing them would require it to repurpose mass that the slime could otherwise use for increasing in size. If it could take Angry's, Aster wouldn't need to do that. That decided things. Aster decided to try. Taking its wings wouldn't kill Angry - well, it was more like Aster couldn't say what actually would kill Angry if it wasn't dead yet - and if Aster ended up not being able to take them, it could always just eat them and gain their mass that way.

Walking over to Angry, Aster slowly and calmly put one of its feet just above the joint where one of Angry's up-limbs sprouted to give itself a steady hold, and then reached down with its mouth, bit into the limb at the joint, and began to tear it off. Aster could tell even when it first started that Angry didn't like that by the way it squirmed under the slime's grip, but the other slime didn't have enough strength to really fight back. Even so, doing something like this to the other slime when it was in this condition made Aster feel strangely unpleasant. It would just have to try to get this over with as quickly as possible. Fortunately, getting the wing off wasn't as hard as severing the tail had been earlier. Maybe it was because it had been partially blackened by Small's hot light, but the hard part in the middle didn't seem quite as hard this time, and Aster was able to bite through it successfully. After doing that, the slime aligned the bitten-off wing with the tiny wing bud that was starting to form on its own back - which took a fair amount of time, since the slime didn't have much to move it into place with - and then concentrated like it did when it was trying to grow something, though without much actual hope that anything was really going to happen. To Aster's immense surprise, however, the small bud growing on its back actually began to mesh and meld with Angry's torn-off wing, merging with the foreign flesh and changing it into Aster's own! It had actually worked! Extremely excited now, Aster waited just long enough to be sure that its new wing was attached securely enough so that it wasn't going to fall off, and then repeated the process with Angry's other wing. And now Aster had a full set of wings! Granted, they were burned, broken and the slime couldn't actually use them to fly until it fixed them, but they belonged to the slime now! Aster spread the broken wings as well as it could, wanting to confirm that they now belonged to it. As it did, the slime spared a glance back at the now limbless Angry, and decided it would let the pathetic creature get away now. It seemed like the three of them had done enough to it.

Aster now turned its attention back to the horrible pool that Small had found. Its horribleness didn't seem to bother the other two slimes so much for some reason. Big was even standing right in it as it ate out of it. Even if it was horrible, though, Aster didn't want the other two slimes to eat everything in it and leave nothing for itself. And the slime had learned something extremely valuable from the one thing it had eaten that had come from there - or it least Aster thought what it had learned had come from there, since it had only had the idea to take Angry's wings after eating it. Maybe the more terrible something seemed on the outside, the better information it had inside of it? Aster headed back over towards the pool, trying to ignore its horribleness. Big seemed to have run into some trouble, and was in the middle of climbing out of it. Down in its bottom, Aster could see a few pieces of things that Big hadn't gotten to yet. Aster decided that it would eat those itself, and see what it could learn from them. Dunking its snout in the liquid, Aster stretched its neck down to the bottom of the pool and picked up several of the pieces in its mouth. Laying them down on the ground, it ate them one by one, ignoring the sickly feeling it felt as it swallowed them in favor of gaining the new information. There were still a couple more pieces on the pool bottom, but Aster couldn't fit them all in its mouth at once.

The slime though this organic would protect it, but it was wrong. The slime wanted run away from the little things coming from inside it. Suddenly two hard things were being forced out of it's body. It didn't hurt much, but it was forceful. The old organic was a nice warm place and the slime felt like the matter was being pulled into these two extensions.

((Growing ox horns.))