Viirin

Azure Wyrm

Aster was overjoyed as it saw the angry slime descend to the ground. Now the slime could actually reach it with its attacks. It was somewhat less pleased to see that the other large slime was heading to the ground as well and was apparently having trouble moving. If the large friendly slime couldn't attack the angry one along with Aster, it would be that much more difficult for the slime to overpower the angry creature. Aster was determined to fight the angry slime no matter what the odds, however. It had stolen Aster's shiny, and that was something that could not be forgiven.

Noting that the angry slime was focusing its attention on the smaller injured one, which was making loud rattling noises and spurting its hot light in what seemed to be an attempt to intimidate the larger one, Aster quickly jumped to its feet and ran to the side of the two slimes, hoping that the angry slime would keep its focus on the smaller, injured one. When it became clear the angry slime was not going to redirect its focus onto Aster, the medium-sized slime turned around and ran back towards the angry slime, making for the center of its long, slender body instead of its head, which Aster could tell had lots of dangerous things that the angry slime could use to attack it with. If it could avoid the angry slime's head, hopefully Aster could avoid getting injured by it.

As Aster neared the angry slime's elongated body, it jumped at the other creature, its feet extended out in front of it. It successfully tackled the side of the angry slime's body, though its smaller size meant the slime couldn't do a lot of damage with that alone. Instead, Aster slashed at the angry slime's body with the big, long, razor-sharp claws that had formed on the inner toes of both its feet back when it had made them, and whipped the tip of its long tail at the angry slime as well, making contact with its body several times. Aster dug its razor claws as deeply into the angry slime as they would go, wanting to make the other creature pay for the crime of stealing its shiny. It felt satisfaction as it believed it was finally causing the other creature pain, and bit at the edges of one of the limbs that the angry slime had used to move in the up. If Aster could injure a limb badly enough, the angry slime might not be able to go up again, and instead have to stay on the ground where Aster could attack it as much as it pleased. Unfortunately, when Aster bit at the up-limbs of the angry slime all it felt in its jaws was frayed, fuzzy . . . fur? No, but something that at least felt similar. There was no flesh, and the angry slime didn't even seem to feel Aster's bite. Becoming frustrated at not finding anything solid, Aster extended its neck further towards the front of the angry slime, and bit at its limbs again. It still felt the soft frayed things, but this time it felt the tip of its snout hit a bit of hard flesh. Extending its neck a bit more, Aster finally was able to wrap its jaws around the actual limb of the angry slime itself, and eagerly tore at the flesh it found, trying to damage the other creature's limb as much as it could. Aster was so consumed in its attack, however, that it wasn't paying any attention to what the angry slime was doing now, if it was still attacking the injured slime or if it had shifted its attention over to itself.

OOC: Heh, Aster has absolutely no idea how much danger she's in right now.

Edited by Avialae

((Zeditha never swapped... The other two swapped a few times, but Zeditha grabbed hers and flew into a tree. The Boss grabbed Green from there, making Zeditha attack it wildly, which was my last post. Also... since when did she get Oyster? She doesn't have it on the sheet, and I don't recall eating anything even vaguely oyster-like.))

Zeditha knew that she had to get her Shiny back, but pushed the thought away. She had to get out of here! She had to let everyone else know it too! She wondered what to call the glowing hot. She figured because it made a strange sound before, she would call it 'cracklings'. But now she had a new problem - how to make the others understand. She clacked in frustration, then barked, meowed and hissed in the direction of the cracklings. Then, she stopped. She put her head to one side; she could just about hear it. She wanted to copy it... Surprisingly, she found herself able to! (Parrot mimic.) She made the sound as loudly as she could, and waved her wings towards it. She also tried to fly again, but found her wings didn't move fast enough. Instead, she clumsily moved her feet beneath her and began running, although slowly, away from the cracklings.

OOC @ Dragon: I read above that Zeditha didn't eat the pearl, like you said, but she did grab one and fly up into the tree with it. After you ladies talk without me, I'll continue on from what you figure out. If you want, I can hook you all up in the RaidCall chat, or you can use the Escapist group chat, or something else you decide.

If the end result is I messed up too much to fix it within upcoming updates, then I'll go back and do some edits.

------------------------------------------------

@Evil Sethoss (Plain English description of events starting you off)

The dirty old man woke up in the quickly warming morning sun, his face crusty from drooling on himself during the frigid night. The mattress he had found in an alley was old and gross, but he was too, so it suited him fine. But it was going to be hot soon, and it was already bright. So it was time to leave.

He had come out to the desert to sleep under the stars a few times, but kept forgetting where he put his camp. So he had a few of them in... who knows how many or what places out here amongst the sand and refuse. He had done his part, or so he told himself- in cleaning up the city. He had picked up garbage from various places, and carried it with him in his truck. Then he dumped it out all over the desert. That's what the city did. That's what everyone did. So he did, too. He stumbled and fell, knocking over a black trash bag full of various glass containers- not all of them empty. One of them was a vial containing a genetically engineered slime, but he didn't know that. He didn't care about UPC or SKU numbers, why would he care about a serial number?

At least one thing inside the bag broke. He didn't care about that, but he did care about tripping over it, so he kicked it, got into his truck, and left.

------------------------------------------------

@Selim: The slime activated, coming to life and waking up. It felt inorganic sharp pieces with flat, smooth sides touching it. Only the edges seemed sharp. But there was something else- a liquid. The liquid had a taste to it that told the slime it was not a natural type of liquid. Organic? Yes, it was.

Here's my recollection of the pearl events: Avisk and Aster each made a pearl. Aster didn't like her pearl because having it forced out of her mouth and throat was uncomfortable, so she switched hers with Avisk's. The Boss took I think Avisk's original pearl, which Aster had, knocking her over in the process. At that point Zeditha made a pearl, (I think she got the ability when she ate a little of Avisk at some point, but I could be wrong) which the Boss stole. Aster's original pearl, which Avisk had been storing inside his body, came out at some point, Aster noticed it, gave it back to Avisk, and he put it back inside himself. The Boss still has Avisk's original pearl, which Aster thinks of as hers because she took it from Avisk, and Zeditha's pearl.

Also, I believe you originally indicated that Avisk's was brass, Aster's was copper and Zeditha's was green (or those were the colors of the pearls you linked to when they first expelled them, anyway). But I'm willing to have that changed if that was a mistake, since our slimes don't know the names of colors anyway.

(I'm assuming I'm in a trash bag)

What was this organic? What was this place? The slime tried moving and found that the inorganic holding him moved if it pushed enough. It pushed in one place and was rewarded with a hole. It seeped out into the rest of where ever it was. A bit of that strange liquid was in here too. Since it was organic it felt obliged to absorb it. It moved over to the source of the liquid. It absorbed a little and nearly record from it. But some strange urge pushed it to do it. So it had no other choice but to absorb it. It was determined to absorb every last ounce of it.

((I explained my rendition of the pearl events. Avialae's is very similar, and yes, Zeditha never did eat Avisk's pearl but instead made their own. So whatever happens happens I guess, Avisk has better things to worry about at the moment...))

Avisk spurted more fire as it noticed Unsure ram Angry. Massive noise and chaos ensued as Avisk tried its best to continue keeping attention on itself so Unsure could do more damage. That would be hard...

More fire spurted as Kind made racket. That meant something. That was obvious. But it was an odd sound after all the other odd sounds that made the scales rattle in familiar patterns as before. Was that was those sounds were before?? The scale-rattle-patterns told Avisk those were more familiar sounds created before, but the crackle noise was not. That sounded almost like what the flames did on its back, which created their own little whirrings and crackles as they burned. Fire then? What had happened to that fire anyways? Did it run away??

The flames on Avisk's back changed to an odd blue color, matching the colors it had once saw from the flowers it had eaten long ago. They vibrated and writhed with new life on the small slime's back, shifting from the usual reds and yellows of flame to more whimsical colors of light blue and even purple. In some cases some flames were blue while others were yellow, which created an odd mix of a greenish color in some angles. All this color changing hopefully would catch the eye of Angry and distract it from realizing Unsure was attacking. That was almost impossible. But!

The small slime had a very very bold idea. A very bad but bold idea. Unsure was attacking Angry and Kind could not move much to help them. So that left Avisk. The slime rattled its scales again, shifting to a red angry color while the flames contrasted with their shifting colors of their own. Rattling and the defensive thorns were its own ways of showing intimidation, now equipped with multiple colors. With that in place, and one reckless shove on the ground, Avisk charged at Angry while it was hopefully distraught from everything going on. It was going to smash itself into the large slime's head despite the obvious danger that posed. That was where it could see and do the most damage. A perfect place to be burned. Also a wonderful place to die. Surely this was a death wish, but Avisk saw no other option.

Eyeing the thing he is trapped with Crell moves closer to it and stabs it with his free legs as best he can. His mouths starting to gash and bite faster and harder wanting to get into this organic. Moving closer and wiggling to get to it Crell moves his body to let his biting mouths get in range of it.

((Zeditha is/will be female. You can refer to her as a she. xd.png

Zeditha has a word for the colour of her pearl... It's brown. This is because a leaf fell on her early on, I thought it was an acorn, and Zeditha named the colour of the thing brown. So... This could get funny when she tries to communicate.

My interpretation of events:

- All three slimes made pearls at roughly the same time.

- Avisk disliked his and gave it to Aster.

- Aster's pearl was stolen by Boss.

- Zeditha saw Boss stealing pearls, took hers in a paw and flew into a tree.

- Boss stole Zeditha's pearl, leading to the fight.

- Boss landed back on the ground after Zeditha's venom cheese attack, and is being attacked by Aster.

Therefore, Aster has Avisk's pearl, and Boss has the other two. All I'm certain of, though, is that Zeditha never swapped but Boss now has the green brown pearl. xd.png))

((Avisk had their pearl stolen by Aster and is on a constant search to get that specific pearl back. It is very protective of that pearl it created itself... so the fact Aster stole it is the reason Unsure is named Unsure- also cuz Unsure attacked Avisk at the pile originally....

The Boss took that pearl from Aster, which had the Boss have that pearl and then drop it.

Aster gave the pearl it originally created to Avisk to compensate.

So then Avisk was on a constant search to get its original pearl back. And then all the dropping things and everything happened.))

There was something interesting there, but the rest of it was strange. Abandoning it, Atrocitas slimed its way off to find something else.

OOC @ Everyone: Will update today, have to read everything first. Also, I just decided (probably should have before) to note on the Big File the last page a person updated on, so we can ALL easily get to the most recent posts to or from one another.

OOC Boss Fight: Okay, I see. The boss right now has two pearls in its mouth, Avisk's pearl is the only one it doesn't have. Zeditha is paralyzed, Avisk is still heavily injured from the fire, but mobile. Aster is fully functional... for now.

Zeditha is right, except it's Avisk that has Aster's pearl (Aster thought the thing she coughed up was gross so she didn't want it, but the same thing made by someone else is desirable)

Dragonhatchling is right, except the boss didn't drop a pearl. It has Avisk and Zeditha's pearls.

Avialae is right, except as Avisk was climbing a tree, the pearl he had inside fell out of the hole in his stomach.

@Zeditha: Thanks for pointing out that Oyster wasn't written on your sheet. You actually did get it, but I didn't write it when it happened- I planned on writing it when you discovered the pearl but I had forgotten to do it. Fixed now.

@Dragonhatchling: Wow, holy crap, me! I seriously didn't put your fire breath colors in your sheet? I need to really pay attention. You had green and orange flame colors unlocked; you can't add pigments to flame to change it. Same for other abilities, like cheese, oil, and smoke breaths. You can use unlocked pigments to change ink, paint, and glowing abilities though. Usually pigments are just for your own physical colors. So, if you want, you can change the word blue to green, or do like Zeditha and get color names confused.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Aster: The big slime that had gone up and had now fallen down to the ground seemed like it was trying to move quickly, but it didn't look like it was succeeding. It was making all sorts of noises, but they didn't make sense to the slime. No, wait, one of the kinds of sounds was able to be recognized... (packrat recognizes cat sounds) and that activated an already active and growing feeling- fear. Lights kept coming from the small slime out of the corner of the slime's eye- it could notice that much. Loud sounds now, ones that came from the slime that had gone up and had now fallen- sounded like the hot lights that they had escaped from. The slime would have noticed it was starting to get uncomfortably warm... but it was busy. It hadn't even noticed the angry slime it was attacking had lifted its tail to a strange position. It did notice though, that it was now in a huge amount of pain, spreading from the middle of its back outward. The angry thing did something to it, and not with its head! Its tail was dangerous too. The slime shuddered, and felt still. It was in too much pain now to do anything. But it saw as it fell that the angry slime had given up attacking the small slime and had turned and ran away, disappearing into the brightened foliage; though just past the first leaves it was no longer visible. The slime could hear though; and it didn't seem to stop. The angry creature was gone. So were two of the orbs. The slime didn't want the remaining one it had given away, though.

@Avisk: The big slime was making all sorts of noise, but the slime only recognized a small portion of them (packrat recognizes cat). The sound the slime recognized was from a creature that the slime's added instincts said it should avoid, but the sound wasn't one that generated fear. But that wasn't as important as what the slime was doing now- staying alive by spurting flame over and over, keeping the angry slime from attacking and hurting it more than it already was. The other slime that had run instead of... not run... seemed to be trying to help, but the angry slime only seemed to get distracted a little. This was not entirely helpful... the slime's own ability to make more fire was starting to get difficult. Wait, did that mean it could run out of flame!?! The slime started feeling oddly warm, and not just from the heat it was producing from itself. The slime tried to spurt flame, but it failed. As soon as it did, the angry slime was luckily looking at the slime that had run earlier, which was now almost on top of the angry slime, attacking wildly. It even looked like it had nearly torn off one of the angry slime's limbs that let it go up. Finally! But wait... seeing the angry slime turn and run away into the plants only barely illuminated by the fire. The slime could barely see it, but it noticed that some other plants further away than the closest ones moved. The angry slime was gone.

@Zeditha: The two other slimes that weren't angry seemed to recognize some of its calls, but not all of them. The slime started feeling slower and slower, and it got increasingly difficult to move. Whatever the angry slime had done to it was really starting to take effect now. The slime's face hurt. There were little tiny organic things poking into it. Poking into it right where the pain started, before it began spreading through the rest of the slime. There were some on its wings too, and a couple on its chest. What did that slime do? The slime saw the two circles in the angry slime's neck, knowing that it had two of the orbs that didn't belong to it. Two circles that the slime's vision was fixed on... through at least part of the excitement of the slime between the size of the small one and herself. But the slime couldn't run anymore, couldn't move its wings at all. It just lay there unable to do much of anything, except helplessly watch the angry slime that had injured so many of them run away out of the light and into the darkness, with one of its limbs nearly dragging on the ground behind it.

@Crell: The slime was finally.. and with no small amount of help from the organic he was stuck with... able to reach the organic. But it had reached something else, which the slime only cared to recognize now. It was a thing that had thick flat shapes going up a flat side, and more of the flat shapes going along the sides. All the sides- and it had a top, too, were flat. But it could see through it. It looked like the part the organic was going to was... it had gone around a big part that seemed to stick out, and the creature went around it and stopped and started poking at something. But it didn't matter, the slime had finally caught up! The creature was very hard, and the slime's mouths didn't serve any purpose.

@Atrocitas: There was more sweet- the same kind of sweet. But the way it felt was different. Somewhat accepting, but mostly resistant, to the slime's pressure. Whatever it was, it was clearly organic; the slime could tell. It was wet. Not extremely wet, but wet enough to be somewhat able to be damaged without a lot of effort. Whatever it was, it was bigger than the slime. Bigger, and also felt entirely flat. Except for the part that stuck straight up, of course.

@Selim: (unlocked: moo sound, bull hide) The organic liquid tasted... it didn't taste fresh. Was that a thing? There was more of this organic liquid! The slime hadn't realized how much there was. Not that it would actually understand the concept entirely. Some parts of the liquid wasn't even liquid- it was little squishy chunks. For some reason, that seemed almost easier to absorb!

((I'll just explain the colors here again since my computer won't let me edit that post for some reason at the moment))

Avisk had failed. Angry had gotten away and hurt the other slimes considerably. Unsure was laying still on the ground, crumpled it seemed to the slime. Like itself before. Except worse. Far worse. Kind was not far, equally as bad but still somewhat moveable. Now what? Avisk's pearl was gone, and the constant desire for its own special pearl it created itself was starting to eat away at Avisk already. But why? Why did it want that specific pearl so bad?? Maybe it was because it was its own creation, yet, it still had Unsure's pearl. That should be good enough right? Apparently not. Angry took its own pearl and Avisk cared much much more about that original pearl than Unsure's, even though it liked Unsure's pearl too.

The slime shook, shaking off a few partially broken thorns. Would those grow back? Hopefully. Not many of them were lost, but it still was odd that would happen. The color changing Avisk had done had stopped, muting back to dull colors matching the ground. Only a few small green and orange flames spurted weakly now before completely going out. Those three were the last lit. And Avisk didn't know why that had stopped. They seemed to work really well before all of this. Had Angry done something to itself too? But no, Angry hadn't really touched Avisk, so perhaps it was something inside itself.

The small creature wandered over to Unsure, stopping cautiously in case it should attack. But Unsure was very still, concerningly so, and Kind was not much better off. So Avisk was back to being a functional slime again while the two larger slimes were dying. It didn't like those odds at all. Unsure had tried to save it too, as did Kind, and Avisk wasn't terribly made up if those acts of saving were from actual kindness or for some primal instinct to save themselves too and they accidentally saved Avisk at the same time.

Yet, Kind had gone out of its way to give Avisk plant to make it feel better. Unsure seemed to not want to attack Avisk, and actually propelled itself at Angry in some fit of its own rage. Maybe that was for its own gain, but Avisk had noticed Unsure noticed too how Angry had targeted itself before Unsure attacked. For those acts, Avisk was grateful. It had no idea how to return those kindnesses though and felt terrible for it.

The colors on its scales shown through the now resting thorn network that was flat against its body. They were an odd but comforting mix of colors splotted together. The slime looked around, deciding to take example from Kindness. Plants. Though something clicked in the slime too. A memory? A flash of vision reminded Avisk how Kindness had been acting before Angry ran. Distressed. Crackling. The crackling! The fire. That spreaded and Kindness had created a similar sound while being distressed. That probably meant something too.

Avisk shook slightly, turning around and moving quickly to the lower plants. It would deal with the fire itself if it had too. That shake had determined that. But right now it had better things to attend to- hopefully saving Unsure and Kind. The plants got nearer as Avisk thought this through, wondering how to save them both.

The creature grabbed a larger leaf about the size of itself, at the base, with its pincher and it snapped shut. The leaf fell. Good. It repeated this process for the other few it could reach before attempting to grab them all into a pile. The pile had been dragged together, and now the slime tried to use its mouth again to drag all those leaves to near Unsure and Kind. It was a hard task, and Avisk figured it couldn't do it with a pile. Maybe one by one? But that would take too long. Another harder tug, a leaf shifted. The pile slowly shifted a little quicker as Avisk dragged them holding on tight with its mouth. It was moving backwards to drag them toward the two other slimes, pincher snapping occasionally at a few harder tugs. It not only was trying to increase the speed of the dragging, but also try to navigate and not rip any of the plant leafs. These were needed. It was all the slime could think of. And once these were returned, it would go get more until Unsure and Kind were better.

((The poor slime... so small compared to the rest, yet all it wants to do is prove to them it can be just as strong and helpful. Avisk is inferior, but that won't stop the slime from being the absolute best it can.))

Edited by Dragonhatchling

((Okay, so Zeditha is Unsure, I think. And heh, so Dianora can glow any colour she unlocked... xd.png))

Zeditha tried to nudge away the bad things stuck in her, but found it impossible to move. She made one last attempt to warn the others of the cracklings - she made the sound as loudly as she could manage, but it wasn't enough to penetrate the other sounds around them. Zeditha could only lie, helpless, and watch her precious pearl fly away in the mouth of the other slime as the bad cracklings approached.

((Did the Boss use a dual attack, or did Zeditha unlock a paralysing thing? You said that single attacks trigger unlocks, but dual ones just harmed slimes. If Boss used a dual attack, what was the second thing?))

Gnashing at the hard organic moving under and against him Crell feels a pinch in one of his legs. Lifting and shaking it he can see part of the organic under him had grabbed onto his leg and was squeezing it. Lifting his leg up and away trying to pull out of the organics grasp he just moves it a little before it is stuck between two things it is holding onto.

Jerking his leg away again and resetting his legs again Crell pulls on his leg being trapped by the thing below he finds little success with it. His mouths gnash and try to bite the hard outside with even less success and soon Crell gets frustrated with the whole thing and lifts his bulbus body up. As he sits there being held onto by one leg he pulls his body back up into himself so it is centered around his middle with his legs coming out of them. The many mouths come together to form one large mouth.

From three points around his mouth Crell drops a segmented thing from the same thing he got his legs from. The end of each of them gaining a stinger and a small sack of something Crell becomes ravishingly hungry. Turning his body and dropping his large mouth around the organic below him the stingers wrap around it and hold it against his mouth as it widens more and more, eventually able to close around the outer edges.

The stingers below the organic being pressed against Crells mouth scratching against the bottom looking for a place to slide inside but not finding a hold in the armor of this troubling organic. The inside of Crells mouth starting to dissolve the armor as he widens his mouth to pull it deeper into him.

((OOC: Zeditha is Kind, Aster is Unsure. And I don't think you've unlocked anything yet, you have to wait until your slime recovers from the poisoning.))

Aster had not realized that the angry creature's tail was dangerous too. It tried to get to its feet, but the pain that it was in would not allow it to move. Now the angry creature had fled back into the heavy organic growth. Aster noted with grim satisfaction that the limb that it had attacked seemed quite damaged now, at least. Maybe it was best for now that the creature had gone, since Aster could do nothing if the angry slime tried to hurt it again. Hazily, it wondered if the fact that the angry creature had fled meant that it thought Aster was dangerous. That was good, right?

Out of the corner of its eye, Aster saw the injured slime from earlier at the edge of the vegetation. It seemed able to move normally now, and was using its tail to pick and tear apart pieces of vegetation, putting them into a pile. Tails could be dangerous indeed, then. The angry slime's tail and now this one. Had the smaller slime made the pile from earlier with its tail? The thought was strangely amusing to the larger slime. The formerly-injured slime wasn't making the hot light that it had been making earlier, either. But Aster was still hot, and it felt like how it had felt when the injured slime had spurted some of the light in its face earlier, except there was no light. That was from what the angry slime had done to it with its tail though, not light. But Aster still felt really hot, even though there was no light? Shouldn't there be some light around to make the slime feel so hot?

OOC: I'm not sure exactly what the Boss injected Aster with, but I'm making her somewhat feverish and out of it from its effects. Hopefully that came across in the narration.

The slime shuddered at the sour taste. However it was still hungry for more organic. It slimmed across an unbalanced surface that was all inorganic. It reached some inorganic that kept it from going farther. The slime was very lost in its quest for organics. Then a piece of inorganic fell on to the Slime. Then something was clawing the Slime. Well the Slime absorbed a little and found this was organic. However the organic was pulling the Slime away. The Slime rushed off in hot pursuit, just barely holding part of it in it's body. Soon the organic escaped and the Slime fell on too some other organics whom tasted very similar. The Slime's focus turned to absorbing this organics.

Edited by Evil sethoss

OOC @ Zeditha: Stinging Nettle attack (hooked to its King Cobra hood. Stinging Nettle are plants all around you right now, which are very sensitive to touch. They shoot a barrage of tiny needles with a paralytic toxin. There was a particularly big plant in the forest of Banning / Idyllwyld in California, and some kid didn't believe me that he should stay away. I hid behind a redwood, but wasn't totally blocked. The dumb kid touched the plant, and screamed. Looking at his hand in the sunlight, it was covered in a golden glow of hundreds of needles. My denim jeans, from 15 feet away, were penetrated by the needles.) So to answer you, yes you will unlock this.

Aster: The boss also has an Indian Scorpion (the red one) stinger and toxin, so that's what it used on her from behind while the rest of the boss was busy. She'll unlock that. I have a plan for both of these unlocks.

@Zeditha: You saw your unlocks from Avisk on your sheet, right? I just thought to point it out if I didn't already.

@Avialae: Yep.

@Party: Zeditha used poison cheese breath, instead of cheese breath. I was going to use that fight as an excuse to get someone else to unlock cheese breath because it would be eaten in addition to the boss, but it was a combined ability, so I can't. Also, checking everyone's unlock lists. I think at least one of you completed the path to Namegiving (recognizing the purpose and need for names, ability to name yourself and recognize that name when spoke by others, leads to sentience).

Okay, I checked. Once Zeditha has a name, she will be able to recognize it if spoken by someone/something else. But no one is able to actually name themselves or anyone else in a way other than how you have "named" how you feel about other slimes. Not like... name... names, though. Example: Zeditha is named and someone calls her. You other guys right now would just go 'an animal is making a noise'. I'm getting you some fixes to this as soon as I can.

@Evil Sethoss: Please edit- you can't see so you don't know its running. Why not say you felt it pulling away instead?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Avisk: The two bigger slimes that weren't... if they were threats, they weren't the kind that the angry slime was. Even after concentrated and difficult effort, the slimes weren't showing interest in the plants. Pain. The slime's wounds tinged at it again, though it thought it was past that point. Maybe it needed to consume something for itself, too. Whatever the angry slime had done, it had easily defeated both of the two bigger slimes- the slime could see that much. Were they dead?

@Aster: The pain was still spreading through the slime, but such a large dose of the liquid had entered it, that it spread much quicker than any of the other strange and painful spread-feelings has affected the slime. The slime was able to move, but barely. It wasn't physically restrained, it still had its body parts... but it just didn't have the strength to make use of any of it. The slime saw the small, still burned slime try to move a large pile of plant near it, and another one near the other slime that had been attacked by the angry one. The slime shuddered against its own will, the pain was so great in every part of itself.

@Zeditha: The slime could still move its eyes... not very quickly, and its vision was blurred, but it could still at least move that part of itself. The feeling spreading from the points in its face had finished spreading, but it still didn't really matter if it wasn't able to do anything. The small slime... if that's what the shape was, was moving something of another color closer and closer to it, but what it was, the slime couldn't tell. It wasn't moving it very quickly, whatever it was. The little pain sources in other parts of the slime's body didn't even feel pain now... the slime didn't feel anything there.

@Crell: Changing its many small mouths into a bigger one was more effective, and the slime could feel strength gaining in it as it bit down on the armored organic creature, but it didn't have a good grip on the creature's main surface; it was too wide. Maybe a different part would have a different effect. But before the slime could try it to find out, it was interrupted by the entire flat shape it was inside quickly jabbed upward at a strange angle, and the opening closed behind it, knocking the slime against the bottom of the flat thing when it struck the slime from behind. It was stuck in there now, and going up, but it had food if it could figure out how to get it. Though, the hard inorganic sharp dark thing inside it with the almost invisible inorganic... hair? was really getting in the slime's way, and the other creature apparently. It would have to do something about it!

Edited by Viirin

Crell lets the large hard thing go for a second, his leg still caught in its grasp. Ignoring everything else right now Crell focuses on the thing in his mouth, the inorganic dark thing going into his mouth between the larger pointed thing and outside seemed to loosen slightly when it passed over his teeth. So he focused on sliding the inorganic over his teeth over and over till it frayed and split. The sharp thing heads deeper inside his body and away from his mouth as he focuses back on the thing holding him. Rather than going for large back he goes down and bites at the things going out from the sides, grabbing and biting them as he pulls them into his mouth.

Ok thanks for telling me viirin. Sometimes it's hard because you don't usually play as a.character without eyes.

@Selim: The scratching feeling gone, and the organic that had done it gone, but the similar taste remained. It felt very different, though. It tasted... it tasted like... it was made of something flimsy, that should have fallen apart when the slime tried to inspect it, but it didn't. It was still very light and thin, and organic, though. It felt as though there was something heavier inside it. No... it was two somethings? No. It was what the slime first tasted, but there was something totally different and far denser under it. What kind of strange thing was this?

@Crell: Too much of the inorganic hair was still stuck and wadded and tangled on itself, but at least the slime was able to sever it at one point. The remaining glob of inorganic hair followed the dark piece, though it hurt the slime a lot on the inside of itself whenever it moved. It was VERY sharp. But biting onto the hard creature's edges was having an effect, and it flailed its limbs, trying to get away. But it didn't. Instead, part of the creature broke off in the slime's mouth. The upwards movement sped up a lot now, and the slime saw that it was getting far brighter above it.

OOC: Viirin: I'm interested in how you will get our slimes to recognize the need for names, since as far as I know, only humans or animals close to human intelligence are even capable of recognizing that need, much less being able to do so (and of most of the animals that have been proven to have that ability have been taught to use some form of language by humans, so a normal representative of that species would not necessarily be able to do so). And the one that actually does so on its own our slimes are extremely unlikely to encounter in any form anytime soon. So the most likely way our slimes would learn about names is if they ate part of a human . . . which I kind of hope is the case, since that means the three of us would finally get to progress to stage II!

IC: Aster was in so much pain, it was hard for it to concentrate. It began shivering violently as it lay there, even though it could not move under its own direction. It could still see the injured slime and the mountain of organic it had gathered, but its they were now vague blurs instead of the concrete shapes it had been able to see before. Had it hurt this much the other times that the slime had become unable to move? Aster didn't think so, but it didn't really care. It was becoming very tired, and it just wanted the pain to stop.

((Wait - which slime progressed to Namegiving? Was it Avisk, with Unsure and Kind and Angry? Or was it Zeditha, since you used her as an example?

I used Poison Cheese breath because I didn't want Boss to unlock Cheese breath and use it against Zeditha. Sorry for ruining your plans... The Cheese is MINE!!! Muahahahaha!))

Zeditha thought that maybe the other colour was good. It looked like... Brown? Yes, brown was good. Brown was edible. She tried, against the pain, to reach the brown pile. If she could just reach it... Maybe the pain would go away... Maybe she would be able to move again and get away from the cracklings. She tried as hard as she could to move and reach the brown.

Then she had a thought. Perhaps if she absorbed the pain-spikes, they would go away? She figured it was worth a try, and began trying to absorb the pain-spikes.

((*heads off to check sheet* Let's see if I have those unlocks...))

OOC @ Zeditha: I wrote in a confusing way, sorry. No one unlocked namegiving, but you, Zeditha, are at the point of name recognition. (Because you have dog unlocked, which are able to recognize names). No one can name stuff yet; I just used you as an example for the progression.

Name recognition -> Name giving -> sentience

Pulling the pieces of the organic he had been fighting for the last while into his mouth Crell can feel a huge new kind of something from up above. The sensors on his back almost screaming at him about something that was not only big but giving off some kind of aura he could feel. Dissolving the hard piece of the organic he had in his mouth and lifting it higher inside him he bites at the edge again, this time able to get bis mouth around it and pull it inside slightly as he starts dissolving it. His drooping tendrels scratching at and trying to pierce or pull the orgnaic farther into himself.