Viirin

Azure Wyrm

((Not surehy, butthe link isn't working for e.

Name: Jed

Bonus DNA: Bobtail Squid

Starting location: Beach

Description: a small, fist-sized clear slime

Equipment:

Here wink.gif))

OOC: I get to move into my apartment on Dec 5, and I already called the cable company- if I can get my unit number before I move in, they'll hook me up that day. If not, Dec 12 is when I'll be online 24/7 instead of 5 hours a day at most.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Aster: Though the color and graininess of the new dark substance seemed very familiar to the slime, the taste was totally different! It was bitter. Strong and bitter. But it made the slime feel... it didn't know a word for this. It felt like it had too much energy, and had to DO SOMETHING. Move around, run into things, attack something, absorb things until it nearly ruptured from being full. It didn't really matter.

--------------------------------------------Jed and Crell Intro---------------------------------------------------

From wherever the dump truck came, it bore a load of unpacked refuse mostly collected from the suburbs, though it hadn't actually started there. It had other junk too, which likely went along with the same concept as most of the other trash-related hauls. They did pick up new garbage, but they didn't dispose of it in a dump, since they were all full. They dumped them in nature instead.

But as the piles of trash piled up, it eventually would spill onto the roads the trash trucks unloaded from; looking frightfully similar to a camper using a dug hole to "relieve" oneself. But it was never covered up.

Idiotically, this was not seen as much of a problem. As the piles eventually couldn't be pushed back into place, or even off the roads, it would be recollected and dispersed in another natural environment.

The most recent dump site for the truck in question was off of a pier, directly into the salty sea. That's how the slime containers ended up cracking against the barnacles of the pier's thickest posts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Jed: The slime activated, and became of its surroundings for the first time. Around it was smooth and inorganic, but didn't leave much room for movement. The ends of the tubular shape felt different than the rest of the enclosure, but no matter what the slime did, it wasn't able to get out, or even find anything to eat. It couldn't anything. Whatever it was that caused it to wake up wasn't ever experienced, but it didn't make the slime comfortable, being stuck for so long. But then a lot of movement happened, that wasn't the slime's doing. Something else was happening. Then it felt itself and the thing it was in fall, and then the smooth inorganic felt different. It now had some edges to it. Not smooth edges. Lots of little ones, all over! Not long after realizing this, the entire enclosure seemed to disappear and foul-tasting salty wet totally engulfed the slime, and small... things... some organic, some not, and some somewhere between- assaulted the slime's senses- both taste and touch.

@Crell: The slime had been activated in its container long ago, at least in the slime's perspective. But it wasn't able to escape its inorganic enclosure; there was only a small hole in the otherwise smooth wall the slime couldn't help but be against. The slime had tried to squeeze through, but it was just slightly too dense a liquid to be able to succeed. It had been in the heat, though it didn't know what caused it. Its world had been moved a few times, some sort of outside force acting on it. But it never meant much. It did a few moments ago, though, which confused the slime. It tasted salty and full of organic (and a lot of not-organic) but it was drenched in wet. Wet that promised many things to eat, all around the slime. The not-organic was just below it, the slime itself spread along it. It wasn't smooth at all, except in little dents. In between the dents, sharp. Something slimy was stuck to it.

Crell first didn't move, the sudden change around it from enclosed space to limitless wet making him freeze as his body stretched out in all directions just feeling. Then his body pulled back together quickly and he moves away from the sharp pokey inorganic that was under him. Moving away from the pokey and wiggling around as he tries to figure out how to move he feels himself bump into something hard but dimples and organic, with other organics on it. Pressing against it and spreading himself out over a few of the bumps on it he feels his body open up and slide around them, dissolving and absorbing the organics on the harder larger organic. After dissolving the bumps off the larger one because it was holding on weakly, they letting go and floating inside Crell.

Moving across organic/inorganic mix under him Crell jumps and push's through the wet as he tries to move, a new emotion that he had started to feel before bloomed. Frustration at not being able to move or move well. Making another small jump feeling his body start rolling he keeps rolling, it much easier than the jumping. Rolling along the bottom of the wet he feels himself roll over a small bump in the bottom, half buried in it he stopped because he could feel/taste something sweet and tasty. Stopping and spreading out over it he digs his body down around it, slowly enclosing the thing and holding it inside himself as it starts to slowly dissolve inside him.

Jed was immobile for a while, allowing it to get used to its new senses. The slim cautiously moved through the foul water, using its senses to feel anything it could. It felt nothing for a long few minutes, only the tug of the currents and the occasional bumps from inorganic objects. Then, it floated into many slippery, fast, wiggly creatures that seemed to use the water to their advantage. Curious, the slime absorbed one that hit him, having no idea what it was but curious to find out. After absorbing the whatever-it-was, he continued forward, slowly drifting towards the ocean's floor. He landed on some organic objects, that were sharp and hard but immobile. Stretching his body around them, he pulled the objects into himself and began slowly dissolving them. It briefly occurred to him that these were much more difficult to dissolve than his first, but he continued on, not to worried and able to patiently wait for the hard thing to be finished dissolving.

((Please excuse any mistakes, this is my first time in a roleplay such as this smile.gif))

Edited by polaristar

@polaristar: Pretty good so far (except for a typo or two, but I don't care about that right now). Rest assured, I'll bark rather wildly if it becomes necessary. If I wanted to nitpick, I'd say "don't say ocean, or creatures yet- you don't know what those things are and you don't know what you might find below you" but it's totally fine, especially since you're new! That's why I made the "creatures" plants. But leaves blow in waves just as well as in a breeze, so I figure it still counts.

@EVERYONE: Once I get to move into my new apartment and set up the net, I'm hosting a global housewarming party. By "global" I mean I'm only inviting you, my players. Skype and Pizza Hut- unless you aren't in the USA, then tell me something else that delivers that I can order online and I'll get you that instead.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Crell: (unlocked: cantaloupe seeds) As the slime absorbed the sweet thing, it realized that all the things it had been absorbing were various parts of the same thing. How strange! Different parts had different flavors and textures. As the slime tried to jump from the inorganic it was now forcibly resting on, it couldn't help but feel the movement of the wet around it kept aiming it towards the same place, and when it tried to fight against it, it failed harder. The slime had felt other things rubbing against the slime's surface into the pushy wet, but they didn't come back. There had to be a reason why.

@Jed: (unlocked: oak leaf) The slow-dissolving organics that the slime had managed to free into itself had been attached to another organic, also dense but much softer. After absorbing the surrounding material, the harder thing came off and that's what the slime was now enticed by. Tiny inorganic and organic bits so small as to be useless, but sufficient enough to get a taste, drifted down and settled on the slime as it patiently dissolved its finding.

Crell slowly rolls towards where the wet around it was pushing. Jumping up and floating through the wet where it was leading. Things seeming to flash around it making the wet tremble and move in new ways they never stay close for long before they are gone again. When he hits the bottom of the wet again and rolls down a small bump he hits something organic, that seems to move away in a weird way before something grabs onto him and pinches his self. Wiggling around in some pain and engulfing the thing grabbing onto him Crell stays around it as something else from the same organic starts pinching and grabbing at the outside of him again, while the piece he is wrapped around starts to slowly dissolve inside him and be absorbed.

((Hey Viirin, would it be all right if I got something in game instead? My parents are strict about internet security and stuff, so yeaahh...))

Jed felt the currents pull him along again as it finished dissolving the substance. As it was pulled along, it'd occasionally bump into hard surfaces before it somehow managed to stop moving. It felt something wiggling into the ground beneath it and encased the object, starting to dissolve it while it wiggled frantically. Unbeknownst to the slime, it had come back to where it had first started, and was surrounded by a multitude of organic and inorganic objects, leaving it slightly confused until it drifted away from the area. Jed continued moving along, occasionally correcting its position and bumping into various objects. It was buffeted by multitudes of wriggling objects, and, startled, grabbed one and dissolved it before quickly moving out of the way. The slime landed on a pointy object which was slightly painful, so he moved away from it and drifted even farther down. The slime registered how strange this place was, but in the end decided that it was normal and continued on its way, eventually hitting a gritty, slightly itchy, organic substance that seemed to go on and on, at least from what he could feel. Jed wriggled slightly, uncomfortable. The slight wiggling motion caused him to drift away until he stopped on a slightly slippery, hard surface that was much less irritating than the one he had originally landed on.

Edited by polaristar

Aster tried to find a way to release all the energy that had suddenly built up inside it, but as it was essentially a tube with eyes on one end there was only so much it could do. It thrashed its more mobile front end with the interlocking hard bits inside of it from side to side, and then it rolled over onto its back, then onto its front again, then it repeated the motion over and over again until it was a fair distance away from the dark grainy substance that it had eaten just before it had started to feel so energized, but that was okay with Aster, since it didn't like the substance's bitter taste. Too hyper to notice anything that wasn't directly in front of it, the slime tried to satisfy its sudden desire to eat until it burst by absorbing tiny bits of organic in the ground directly below it, but such tiny pieces of food couldn't do much to satisfy the slime. Unfortunately, the slime wasn't in the right state of mind right then to notice anything that was actually large enough to sate its hunger.

Fortunately for Aster, however, it turned out the slime didn't have to notice anything, as during the course of all its writhing and rolling it slammed smack dab into the side of something fairly large and organic. Excited at the prospect of finding a new meal, Aster immediately tried to absorb the new organic, but it seemed that the organic didn't want to be absorbed! Sharp pointy objects that Aster could tell were part of the organic it was trying to consume tore into the slime's body, still mostly made of gel, but causing it intense pain nonetheless, and Aster could hear rustling noises as the organic moved away, but the slime was too involved in the pain it was feeling to notice how far it went. The concept of other creatures having wills of their own was new to Aster. Everything it had eaten up till now had either been immobile, or had been too small to cause anything other than irritation to the slime. Aster was completely unprepared to deal with something that fought back.

OOC: Aster had itself a little caffeine freakout (I'm assuming the thing it ate was coffee beans or grounds) and then ran into a living creature to be decided by Viirin. The creature attacked Aster when the slime tried to absorb it and then backed off.

Also, if anyone else wants to join this RP, could they maybe consider going into the swamp? My slime is lonely all by herself!

OOC: I plan on writing game updates ASAP, but I'm super busy this week (preparing to move and gotta call everywhere individually since I can't do a change of address card at the post office, and gotta find furniture, someone to move it, and a vehicle to use, all sorts of other stuff).

@Polaristar: Yep, that's fine. There is actually a "Housewarming" event going on anyway- and now I have an end date for it. December 5. So as long as someone posted anywhere in the last YEAR, Dec. 5 is the cutoff date. You qualify for an in-game reward anyway. If you're still able to hang out via Skype (I'll also buy a Ventrilo channel later) then yeah I can't get you dinner, but can still hang out and see our smiling faces. Vent (Ventrilo) is just a voice chat and you don't even need to make a real account in order to use it, so maybe just that. If not that either, then I'll just get you the reward you already earned.

@Avialae: I would love more people to join- I'm currently working with assistance by the The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind modding community (through Morrowind Modding History, which I've been a part of for years) getting my own forums up and running. Once I do that, Booksv2's first character is in the swamp. Beware! He has two heads and a form of dragonbreath already. Ask him about it if you're in the mood. Now I bring this up for a reason- once the forums work properly, I wanna transition everyone from "where you started gaming with me" to my site. I'll also make more threads on other click-adoption sites (cuz they really really get a lot of traffic for my game!) and transition them over, too. Then the characters of various players will get to meet and interact, maybe even fight or party- even if they didn't start playing on the same site. That's also why I did the "Cull the Numbers" event (on the Escapist).

Edited by Viirin

@Avialae: Correct me if I'm wrong, but you didn't grow ears yet, did you? So you can't hear the rustling. Also yes, it was coffee. I'm moving tomorrow morning, and won't be online until December 13th. At that point, I won't be forced to find whatever internet connection I can find while wandering the city, but have my own. I won't even turn my PC off. I can update multiple times a day, as Books and Dragonhatchling can both attest.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Crell: The slime could tell there was far more of the creature than the part it had formed itself around; though the constant pain it kept subjecting the slime to was rather annoying. The one pinchy thing the slime had begun to absorb was hard, and not particularly tasty. But at least it kept it from pinching. The slime could still feel the limb attempt to open, but its own strength keeping it closed seemed sufficient; especially as the hard part was noticeably getting thinner, based on how it felt.

@Aster: (unlocked: caffeine gland, coffee scent) The creature wasn't big, but its annoying spines were making it initially feel larger than it was. No, the shape was wrong, and it was... it was actually two creatures, each having a single spike. They didn't feel very durable, but the softness was pleasing to the slime since it meant it could consume that much of it that much faster for the time being.

@Jed: (unlocked: mole crab) It was inorganic, but it was actually very comfortable, though it did feel slimy. No, the slime's membrane suggested it was actually very fine-grain... something. But it wasn't edible, so who cares? There was a different taste in the moving wet, luring the slime downward.

Edited by Viirin

Pulling more of the thing trying to pinch and grab at it closer and more into its own body Crell absorbs it faster. The thinning shell soon cracking and breaking apart to be absorbed individually as the much sweeter organic under it is exposed to Crells slime and taste. As he pulls it into himself and tries to absorb the now tasty thing he has hold of faster he can feel specs of organics and inorganic hitting himself as they go with the light pull of the wet around him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: Its very true, when he can get the net he posts as often as you do till he is dragged away by something.

Edited by Booksv2

OOC: Alright everyone! I should have said something earlier, so I'll extend it. If you respond to the thread, or send me a private message (or facebook message if you can) between now and Dec 31, you earn your Christmas reward. To know about the holiday event and what types of reward you can choose, check out Azure Wyrm's event page on my website. Let me know if you need the address.

Also, I've been wanting to get a nice spreadsheet of every character, when they were last active, and what their unlocks are and what's been going on in their story- and I'm writing that right now. So, I should be able to get you your event rewards if I didn't already, and other stuff.

@Avialae: Correct me if I'm wrong, but you didn't grow ears yet, did you? So you can't hear the rustling. Also yes, it was coffee.

OOC: I'll make an in-character response in a little bit, but for now I'd just like to note that while my character doesn't have mammalian-type ears, she does have earholes (based off her starting DNA) so she shouldn't have any problem hearing things.

Also, I could use the address to your website.

IC:

As the soft parts of the organic began to rapidly break down and be absorbed into Aster's body, the slime forgot its earlier pain and confusion and rapidly began to devour the two small organics, ignoring their feeble wriggling under Aster's larger body and the pain it still felt from their spiky bits. Before long, however, the spiky bits had vanished along with the rest of the organics, and the pain Aster was feeling disappeared as the slime used part of the new matter it had acquired to heal itself. Aster was feeling pretty good about itself at the moment. It seemed that even if another organic was able to resist its advances, absorbing them wouldn't be much of a problem. The slime didn't bask in its accomplishment for too long, though, as the dark grainy substance it had eaten earlier still left it very hungry. Were there any more of the soft-yet-spiny creatures around? They contrasted a great deal with the darker colored material that Aster was resting on top of, so it reasoned that if more of them were around, they shouldn't be that hard to find. Moving its flexible front end around in a wide radius, the slime focused its large golden eyes around on the scenery in front of it, trying to see if it could find any more of the creatures it had just eaten, or any other organics for that matter.

Edited by Avialae

OOC: Here's my site link.

I'm working on the spreadsheet and trying to get unlocks gained through play, and reward requests asked for / given, not sure when I'll be able to do in-game updates but I'm working on it.

((I'm so, so, so sorry everyone. I've been gone so long... homework, family stress and everything has been letting me get out of the habit of checking my RP sites. I can't promise to be more active because, as I said, I'm out of the habit of checking RPs now, but I can promise to try smile.gif

Could someone please show me where the last character update for my character was?

Also, I got the message about the Halloween event; is that still available or should I just ignore it now?))

(OOC: Copying and pasting Zeditha's last prompt.)

@Zeditha: The slime was too big, and only part of its own face was able to fit into the hole. There was definitely something of interest inside, and the slime couldn't imagine it wasn't the creature it had just chased. But then movement out of the corner of its left eye- the creature came out of one of the other holes! Sure it was only poking its head up, but it was right there.

OOC

Thanks Avialae! Also I think I'll take a break from trying to get the game fully optimized and just do an update... SO!

IC

@Aster: (unlocked: moth wing scales, tomato worm spike) The slime didn't see another wiggly creature, but.. no, yes it did. There was another on the ground, and as the slime watched it, it was eating a same-colored part of a nearby flora. In the same direction, but a little further, it saw something else. Something the same color, but it looked far plumper and totally immobile. Maybe it wasn't a creature, but a part of the plant? It was just... hanging there.

@Crell: (unlocked: emperor scorpion) The slime's enjoyment of its meal, its reward for putting up with the painful creature, continued unhindered. The slime continued absorbing, but didn't initially realize that less random debris bits were in its vicinity. Something was making it lower. A particularly large piece of rubbery organic touched the slime, totally enveloping it. The movement of the wet did something itself, or maybe reacted to this new organic? The slime started to be pulled downward, and it couldn't do much about it. But it had stuff to consume...

Crell holds the still moving thing inside him as he gets pushed down through the wet. Wiggling around a little inside the moving thing he bumps up against something organic. Pushing up against it and trying to pull it into himself he feels annoyed as he can't pull it, it just being pushed away as he does. Shivering and the outside of his body trembles as little spines slide out over his whole body, tiny tooth like spikes poking out poking the organic and holding it more still as Crell starts pulling it closer to himself part of his body opening and closing back around it. Absorbing it as fast er he can as his body continues to quiver.

Aster quickly made its way over to the wiggly thing and absorbed it, along with the piece of flora it was eating. As the wiggly thing struggled under Aster's weight, the slime tried to push it on its side so that its spiky bit wouldn't hurt the slime's skin as it absorbed it, but as Aster's body couldn't really manipulate things it only had moderate success. Fortunately the pain the spiky bit caused faded quickly.

Aster absorbed the pieces of flora around the wiggly thing as well as the wiggly thing itself, and as it did so it unexpectedly encountered the taste of another wiggly thing, hidden in the flora. Never one to turn down free food, Aster promptly absorbed that thing as well, as well as another one that was right beside it. After that, it couldn't find any more, and the bland taste of the flora didn't really interest it, so it headed over to the bulbous, immobile, hanging thing it had seen earlier. If it was a part of the plant it had consumed, Aster wasn't sure if it would taste good, but it couldn't be sure if it was, since it looked so different except for its color. Either way, the slime was intrigued by this object, so it was going to check it out. Reaching the bulbous object, the slime nudged it experimentally with its front end, and absorbed just a tiny bit of it with its skin, just so it could know what the hanging object tasted like.

((Gahh, missed the Christmas event. Didn't even see it since I never got the email that someone had posted mellow.gif))

Jed moved downwards, searching for something more organic. The slime wiggled as it moved along the floor before drifting upwards. It floated through many silky, organic somethings, and the slime absorbed several of them before they seemed to vanish. He moved more to the left and ran into something inorganic and payed it no mind, determined to find something to fix his seemingly unsatisfied hunger. He floated through a mass of slippery organics and absorbed some of them as they buffeted him through the water. He bounced off of many different things, all inorganic before he floated down onto the ocean floor once again. Jed moved along the ocean floor, just finding the irritating gritty stuff and nothing of any interest - no organics or inorganics were in this part of the ocean.

((I am not dead... I'm just insanely busy... I'll figure out where we left my slime in here somewhere.... *searches for her slime* Heeeerrrrrreeee slimey slime!!! Im sorry I also forgot your name....))

((Thank you, avilae!!! smile.gif))

Zeditha pulled herself out of the hole, and decided to move slowly towards the creature. It could get down the hole far faster than she could run to it, so maybe if it didn't want to run she could get it.

@Zeditha: As the slime approached the creature, whatever it was, it moved suddenly, though it didn't go anywhere. It just... the slime didn't know what to call the movement, but it didn't seem to have much purpose. The slime continued, but the creature decided to go down into the other hole it had only recently revealed. A scratching sound came from the direction of the new hole, but fainter from the hole just behind the slime, too.

@Crell: The organic enveloping the slime didn't resist the slime, and was hooked into easily. But the wet's current kept pulling it down, and the slime was able to realize that there wasn't any new organic or inorganic debris falling on it. The wet around the slime started to feel like it was making circular motions around it, and then the slime felt shifty, silty inorganic below. Well, at least it still had its meal to consume before bothering to try and figure out anything else.

@Jed: (unlocked: jellyfish) The organics that the slime had absorbed tasted barely different from the wet itself, but somehow it was both wet and organic. A tiny part of it felt strange, though. Hard. The slime paid no attention, it was already absorbed. All of the small wet-organics were absorbed! It wasn't difficult anyway.

@Aster: (unlocked: tomato worm, white moth, moth egg, leaf vein) The bulky thing that looked like it might be part of the plant was actually one of the wiggly things, but it was doing something. Something the slime didn't understand. It seemed to have been that way for a long time, and it didn't taste very fresh. The wiggly thing that wasn't wiggly didn't move, not even after the slime had eaten some of it.

Crell pulls at the organic next to it as best he can as he absorbs it. Moving himself to pull it against him tighter and wrapping more of it around himself he can feel it starting to get smaller. Moving around in the shifty silty inorganic below him he starts spinning for more than to get the organic to him. His spinning making the spines all over his body move the silt and bury his body deeper inside the shifting silt Crell can feel himself getting farther away from the organic so he stops to pull more if it inside himself, going as fast as he can.

Finishing the organic that he could find Crell starts spinning and wiggling more, tendrils coming from his body to push into the silty inorganic under him as he feels his way down.

Zeditha continued towards the small hole, at a faster pace. Perhaps this hole was bigger, and she could fit? Making herself as thin as she could, she attempted to squeeze through the hole's entrance.