Viirin

Azure Wyrm

((Let's see, what unlocks do I have...))

Zeditha decided it was time to grow some more. However, she decided that a dragon - which she was supposed to be growing into - should have scales. She didn't really know what scales were, but then she thought of her moving-sticks (Legs - bird legs) and the round-hard things on them. They would be scales. She expanded the texture, covering all of her except her eyes, ears, beak and wings with it. She realised that the soft things on the wings were long scales, because the scales automatically lengthened towards the wings until it was impossible to see the line between scale and soft-thing. She kept her colours the same while she grew the scales, but then decided to try out a new pattern. She made each scale a different colour. She had green (which is brown...), red, orange, purple... The list of colours continued. She used every colour she knew, and tried her best not to have two scales the same colour nearby. She managed it, and now she grew something else. It wasn't scaly - it had lots of small-softs, like her ears. And it was long, and she could move it. (Cat tail. She ate a cat, right?) She decided that she didn't feel quite so nasty any more, so she explored.

((I wasn't exactly sure what I had that could make me look like a dragon, in any way. I improvised. Also, I'm rather confused as to where I am and what my slime is seeing - is there any way I could have a picture?))

((OOC: This was not a lack of caution on my part. This was, in fact, just as planned. Totally. Yeah. Didn't balls this up at all. Hehe... uh... yeah. Ahem. Also, I'm really sorry this is so late. Stuff happened irl.))

---

The subject was trapped. Sure, the good-that-was-above was still giving it succour and splendour, but it was still totally immobile. The peculiar inorganic within it was actually rather unnerving, or it would have been had the subject possessed any nerves. It rendered the subject stuck in place. It rendered it unable to find new organic. It rendered it unable to bring that organic into the embrace of the good-that-was-above.

The subject decided that it hated being trapped.

Thus roused to anger, it dug through the genetic code of everything it had absorbed so far. The spindly little motive parts of the skittering things were similar to its spines, but the subject realised that such small things, even scaled up, would be unable to move it properly out of the sticking, trapping bad-that-was-below. The inorganic could not be fashioned into protective coatings; that would be wrong and more than a little disgusting, for want of a better phrase. It needed an answer, and so it looked through the same code-stuff within itself that had granted it the boon of the good-that-was-above. And lo, an answer was found, and there was much rejoicing.

It took many appearances and disappearance of the good-that-was-above through the above-thing, with the dark-bad that came after each appearance getting more treacherous every time, but finally there it was. A blob had hardened around the inorganic into a strange-looking piece of hard-itself. A human would have noticed it looked similar to a pumpkin, but there weren't any around and in any event the subject didn't know what a pumpkin was. This came from the spiny-life-giver part of its heritage, this piece of itself that was so close to being not-itself... and then, with a loud crack, the not-itself-connected-to-itself disappeared.

Students of biology will note that the sandbox tree, also known as the dynamite tree for reason which will become apparent, is one of the more dramatic examples of the seed dispersal method called "explosive dehiscence" found in nature. Indeed, H. crepitens' fruit are so good at it that they can propel the seeds over a distance of three hundred feet and sound like a bomb going off. Of course, since the fruits of that august tree outmassed the entirety of the subject, the effects of the subject's efforts were markedly reduced. However, it still worked. The defiling inorganic was cleaned from the subject's membrane, leaving a clear path for other skittering things to come and be one with the good-that-was-above through the medium of the subject. It had lost a substantial amount of its mass, though, so it needed time to bolster its defences against the coming dark-bad.

---

((Translation: Drasilus researches the dynamite tree's fruit and uses it once, losing whatever amount of mass Viirin deems appropriate in doing so. It's still stuck in the trap.))

OOC @ ColorCodedChaos: I was wondering how you were going to get the trap out of yourself. It's gone now. But you're still affected just as badly. You have begun to gain your first Gland- a Glue Trap Gland, specifically. Every one of your cells might as well be made out of the stuff instead of slime until further notice.

@Zeditha: I last updated on page 9. You're right, I should do it again. I rescheduled my work hours so I probably have time this week. You ate a few cats, actually. I'll try and draw your surroundings or use sumo.fm (it's like photoshop but free and way easier to use, and web-based) or something. My art sucks as you can see in my comics I posted the link to, so I'll probably try to stay away from that.

@AlexisV: I'd say "only one in-game post per player until I respond" but you did fine. Also you made me realize that I haven't thrown things at players like I thought I was- so everyone's gonna see a few things soon.

@Silverphoenixx: Yep. Not a huge oil spill, but it is one. Lets me beat you up, give you a power I wanted to guarantee you, and provides cover to get you deeper. Let's just give you both of the seaweed types you are thinking of- there's a lot of seaweed around.

@Avialae: I was hoping someone would request "Bloodworm" as a starting DNA, but since no one did, and how you wrote, and what's going on, it's happening to you. Hopefully you like it, you won't be able to change it. It'll take another slime looking at you to know what it is, though.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Drasilus: The shape within the slime was gone, as well as a large amount of its own mass. But the slime still felt exactly the same. Exactly as stucky, but now it felt like a water balloon would feel after popping on the ground, if it was able to feel anything. But the slime couldn't feel the air around it like it somehow knew it should have, nor anything else. It only felt stucky. Stucky and covered with things it couldn't absorb, release, or get away from.

@Zeditha: (I'll update you after I make you a map)

@Aster: (OOC: Researching stuff- got something exciting for you but I need to do a lot of reading up on a few things. Will post when possible.)

@Kiri: (unlocked: mother of pearl, iceplant, butterfinger color, eggshell- not specifying species, so you don't get hung up on color or DNA)

((Hey Viirin, did you miss my last post? It's right before the second-last post that you made.))

((Yay smile.gif I don't blame you for bad drawing; you should see mine. Or rather, you shouldn't. There are no pictures on the web, anywhere, that I've drawn, because I hate drawing and I'm rubbish so I don't. If there was a pic anywhere, I'd link to it xd.png As long as I can tell what's going on, it's a good picture. That's generally my standard.))

@Avialae: I was hoping someone would request "Bloodworm" as a starting DNA, but since no one did, and how you wrote, and what's going on, it's happening to you. Hopefully you like it, you won't be able to change it. It'll take another slime looking at you to know what it is, though.

I'm sorry, Viirin, but could you explain what you mean by this? Did my slime unlock a bloodworm somehow, and what's going on would take another slime looking at her to recognize?

Also, what species of bloodworm are you referring to? I looked the name up on Wikipedia, but there are about six species of animal with that name. The one that seems to fit Aster's situation most closely is Lumbriculus variegatus, but I don't see anything about even that one that would make for a really desirable unlock. Maybe we have different play styles, though. And it's true I don't know much about this sort of animal.

((I would like to join: username DarkShinyLugia

Name: Entle

Bonus DNA: Spotted Salamander (Ambystoma maculatum)

Starting location: Beach

Description: a small, fist-sized clear slime

Equipment: (N/A)

end of CS))

((EDIT: changed name because too close to existing name))

Edited by DarkShinyLugia

OOC

@ Lugia: Accepted. I'll write your beginning story when I have time (been trying to find time to update the game anyway!)

@ Everyone: Getting ready to shove some money into my site so I can put up forums, or at least something like it. No transition yet, I still need to add the archived posts from dead threads and also figure out how to make accounts so you guys can actually log in and whatnot.

The slime rested for a moment after it had engulfed all of the nice food, waiting for it to be absorbed completely into itself. But the bad taste-smell still bothered it. It wanted to move away, but could it with unabsorbed food still inside?

It moved slowly away from the bad smell. The food chunks shifted uncomfortably inside it, but they seemed secure.

As it moved it felt like it ought to do something, something inside of itself. It seemed automatic, like eating, but when it tried nothing happened.

The slime paused again. The conflict of feeling felt uncomfortable. It wanted... it wanted a way to sense the world around it without touching things. To hunt (hunt?) - to get things to eat. And to keep itself from being eaten. That was the biggest feeling, fear of being found and devoured.

It suddenly felt helpless without this thing.

It shivered and worried. And it felt something change within itself, like absorbing the food in reverse, and much slower. Two things were growing within itself, just above the chunks of food. It stopped shivering, and felt happy - no, felt that it would be happy, when the change was finished. Hopeful.

But the growing things made the slime tired, more tired than moving away from the bad smell. The smell was now far enough away not to feel very bad, so it stopped to rest, finding a place where it could feel inorganic things above and on three sides. It didn't seem ideal for hiding, (it wanted to cover itself and lie flat, while sensing for things above) but it wasn't sure how to accomplish that wanting, and it didn't want openness all around it. After a time, the slime slipped into unconsciousness, and tiny uncomplicated slime dreams.

((OOC: Kiri is starting to grow a torpedo fish's electric organs. (electric pulses are the fish's main way of sensing the world around it, but unfortunately for Kiri they can only sense at a distance in water.)))

OOC @ Avialae: I was thinking of the metal content in their teeth.

@Backup77: Yes I did miss it. I'm sorry! Giving you a much-needed update. Planning- let's see, on being able to do at least one more update for everyone this week. I can't remember offhand right now your size or shape, but if you were a blob still then I'd say you're around 8 inches (because you actually grow stuff and make use of your mass instead of just collect it- and you go after new things not gorge yourself on a single target)

@Zeditha: Best I could do using sumo.fm (I suck, program's great)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@DarkShinyLugia:

How the slime canister was originally stolen or otherwise liberated from the genetics lab wasn't important; neither was how it was dumped into the trash, and neither was why the truck carrying it dumped it off the side of the road in the middle of the desert. Equally unimportant was the reasoning behind why another truck would scoop up some of the refuse and dump it in another place. Maybe something like when your mother tells you to clean your room, but all you end up doing is hiding it under something else so you don't have to bother. But none of the waste was hidden in the slightest. But eventually a garbage truck dumped its load onto a houseboat too unsafe to sail for long. The thinking was that some old vehicles could be dumped out at sea to help replace some of the lost plant and animal life- giving them places to grow and hide. But they never got the obvious clue that it shouldn't be dirty, and covered and filled with random junk. But that's how it was. The boat was allowed to sink with a hole blown in the side, and the shockwave was enough to break a vial and awaken the slime within.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Entle: All of a sudden, the slime awoke and activated, now counting as a life form. Filthy, salty tasting wet enveloped the slime, submerging it instantly; it never even really felt the concept of the small amount of emptiness within the vial. Organic flavors of all kinds assaulted the slime's senses, and pieces of both organic and inorganic fell against it.

@Drasilus (unlocked: glue trap glue gland) After awhile, the slime's surface began to feel like slime again. Some of the things that stuck to it even began to slide off! Something strange began to form within the slime's mass. It was mooshy, and somewhat rectangular. Attempting to do something with it was useless since most of the slime might as well have still been made of glue trap glue, but as it began to recede, the mooshy thing began to form into a more functional state.

@Zeditha: The slime got distracted. Something INSIDE it was... moving. Moving? Inside? Some sort of tiny organic.. things were starting to hurt it! Whatever they were or came from, the slime couldn't know. It must have done something without being careful recently. They... One was flat and ridiculously long, and broke easily if the slime did anything to it at all. But the broken parts didn't seem to die, just.. continue. There were other smaller ones and those seemed to be trying to dig their way into the slime's mass!

@Aster: The slime could see itself changing. Specifically, the bad-tasting but good-looking stuff began to spread through the slime, whether it liked it or not. As it did though, the color spread. Not just the taste. As the color kept spreading, the slime began to become blind as the color converted its own sight orbs. But something felt even more odd- the newly formed rigid internal stuff the slime had formed felt as though it had gotten even more of the color than the rest of itself did.

@Kiri: Though the slime's new organs were mostly grown, it didn't seem to help it where it was. But it didn't matter. Something distracted the slime- something hard and solid, organic, falling on top of it and then rolling off. It was gone. But at least the slime knew what direction it went! Plus it didn't taste bad, with the tiny amount of flavor it was able to discern before it disappeared.

@Delta: (unlocked: maple leaf) The taste filled the slime's senses. Completely different! It felt like something was happening, the flavor meant something. Something that... no, the slime hadn't found what it was that the flavor should have been affecting. Something within the slime- on the roof of its mouth- felt strange.

Edited by Viirin

Entle immediately attempted to absorb the organics, whatever they were, but found that when it tried, the salty wet and inorganic came with it. It didn't need the salty wet. But Entle continued absorbing the organics, despite the saltiness of everything it absorbed.

((OOC: I'm gonna just draw Entle as it progresses through mutations, but right now, no. Must find border between good post and godmodding also.))

Zeditha panicked. Stuff shouldn't move inside! She tried to move the things, but they kept breaking. Stuck for ideas, she stretched her slime-mass - She was pleased to notice that the scales continued to cover her as she moved - and tried to look at it. She quickly noticed the scales were in the way, but made them not have a colour so she could see through them. She tucked her legs in and rolled onto her side, making it easier to stay in the same position while she was looking.

OOC @ Lugia: I was hoping someone would do that!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Zeditha: The things that were moving around in the slime's food digestion hollow area flickered around strangely sometimes, but mostly just sat there. The slime saw something else. The things, whatever they were, were themselves consuming some of the stuff the slime ate. It was stealing food from inside the slime!

@Entle: Something in the salty wet was organic, and was moving slightly, but not all that much. The part the slime began to absorb was sharp, and curved, and hard. But organic! Absorbing it revealed that the hard part was only on the outside, and the sharp part was dulling as it disappeared. There was more of the organic attached to the point, thicker and longer, but not pointy. As it went into the slime's mass more, it felt that the organic's shape changed radically.

Edited by Viirin

As the world darkened around it, fear rapidly rose inside the slime. Aster hadn't had a problem with being blind before, but at that time it hadn't known anything different. Now it knew just how valuable sight was, and though it hadn't been able to see for very long the slime had already grew dependent on sight to navigate around the world, to find new things to eat and and avoid danger. What would happen to it if it could no longer do those things?

Aster uncurled itself from the hole filled with the strange substance. The slime wasn't sure what would happen to the nasty stuff now, but it didn't really care. It didn't want anything more to do with it anyway. If it had known what would happen to it when it absorbed it, it never would have done so in the first place! Now that its sight orbs were next to another surface, Aster rubbed them vigorously against the ground, hoping that doing so would allow the slime to see again. It wasn't sure why, but it had the feeling that that should work. Unfortunately, that feeling appeared to be wrong, as the world around Aster failed to brighten even a little bit. Beginning to become desperate, the slime concentrated hard, trying to think of something else that it could do to help it see. This kind of action was new to the slime - before it had made its decisions pretty much instantly, without any consideration. Unfortunately, due to the plight it was in, Aster failed to appreciate its new ability.

After a long time spent considering its plight, an idea slowly came to the slime. It could tell that whatever was making it unable to see was because of of the nasty stuff that it had eaten spreading through it. Maybe if it was able to direct that stuff away from its sight orbs, it would be able to use them again? The slime had no idea if that would work, or if it even could direct the flow of the substance inside of it, but it was desperate, and it would do anything it could to get its sight back. Aster concentrated hard on its body, trying to keep the substance flowing through it away from its eyes, and even tried to force the amount of it already in its sight orbs back into the rest of its body. Maybe it would go into its interlocking parts, and its covering plates. It could tell that something was happening to them, that more of the nasty stuff was going into them than the other parts of its body. Right now, that was fine with the slime. There didn't seem to be any real consequences of that happening that the slime could tell, unlike when it went into its sight orbs. The substance could go into its hard parts all it wanted, as long as it stayed away from them!

OOC: Okay, I see now, thanks. What kind of metal are Aster's bones turning into?

Entle tried to absorb this new organic, with the salty wet still coming with it.. This was organic, after all. The slime felt the sharp-it was painful-but it stopped being painful after a while. The sharp was only on the outside, but there was more. Entle continued to absorb the new organic happily.

((I will take the random guess that the organic is a crab or lobster, but that's just me. Also, so much seawater.))

Edited by DarkShinyLugia

OOC @ Lugia: Nope, bark scorpion.

@Avialae: Copper

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Entle: (unlocked: pedipalps) The organic was easy to absorb into itself, but was bulky for the slime's size. But absorbing as much salty wet as it was, the slime noticed something else. There was inorganic stuff stuck inside it. It had come along with the wet. Strangely enough... some of the saltiness started to harden within the slime, and it couldn't even try to move it to another spot.

@Aster: The spread succeeded going through the slime's form, but it was able to force the recession to begin in its orbs, instead of where it originally began, at least! The slime could begin to see itself again, though with a colored filter on everything. The slime was shiny! It saw the filter begin to fade, and finally disappear as the last of its cells began to change to the dreaded beautiful color.

((I can't see the image. FB won't let me. I'll try later though.))

Zeditha decided that the things had to be removed. She thought that using her claws might work, so she dissolved some of her scales to allow her leg to where the little things were, and tried to grab them.

OOC @ Zeditha: I cleaned up the images on the facebook page which is why the links won't work anymore. I'll fix them some other time (like when you guys complain!) but that one is functional now.

Under certain circumstances you're allowed to dissolve yourself for different reasons, but this isn't one of them smile.gif You're able to see what is in you now, but you can't get to them that way.

The slime woke after it's short nap, feeling that the change inside itself was nearly done. It tried again to sense what was around it, activating the two new complex things within itself.

Click. The slime felt a tiny jolt, almost like a strong not-touch feeling. But nothing else happened. The slime was irritated and worried. The not-touch feeling had told it that this would work. Why didn't it? Was it because the things weren't done growing?

The slime focused, and tried a stronger click. then another. Click... click... click. It couldn't click very quickly, the clicking things didn't respond for a while after they clicked.

click... cliCK... CLICK! The slime felt a tiny pain in one side, and the jolt somehow spread out into the inorganic thing beside it, almost as if the slime had become part of it for a brief moment, part of a tall, round hollow thing.

The slime stopped clicking and moved away from the inorganic. Why did the inorganic hurt it, and then become part of itself? It had seemed hard and harmless, not something - !!! An impact startled the slime, and unsure where to turn, it curled up and rippled in fear, ready to click if it was hit again. But the slime was also hungry, and when it had tasted the thing that hit it, the hunger-pain suddenly grew in importance until it left almost no room for other thoughts. Nothing else hit the slime. The tasty thing had rolled away, if the slime didn't follow it, it would get farther away, too far to catch! The slime uncurled and oozed in the direction of the organic falling thing, fearful that it might be hit again, but more fearful of losing food.

It clicked every so often as it went, that seemed like the right thing to do to catch food.

Not too far away, it found a round thing that tasted right, stuck in the corner of an inorganic thing. It had a slick, irregular surface, and it tasted bitter and somewhat like the very good thing, a happy taste. Sweet. The inside tasted different than the surface part, it was sweeter and somehow also the opposite of sweet at the same time, and watery.

It quickly engulfed and absorbed part of the thing, discarding a portion of it that tasted dusty and not good at all. It was a nice thing to eat. It stretched out, searching, and felt another round thing nearby. But as the slime touched it and began to ooze toward it, the round thing rolled away and disappeared, as if it had vanished into nothingness under the slime's touch. The slime followed it again, irritated at the moving food that had to be chased to be eaten. it hoped that it wouldn't encounter this kind of food again.

It oozed across the smooth inorganic in the direction of the disappearing food, but the inorganic came to a sudden end underneath it's outermost edge. It felt tentatively out into the emptiness. There was nothing solid within reach. The slime worried. Food that could disappear, and never be found? What if all food started to behave like this? It couldn't move as fast as the food. It would get hungrier and hungrier, until... until... It wasn't sure what would happen if it got too hungry, but it seemed like something horrible.

The slime started to move back from the edge of the emptiness, but the inorganic under it was slanted, and pushing upward only moved the opposite part of itself closer to the emptiness. It pushed harder, using an undulating, rippling motion. That ought to allow it to move, to glide over the inorganic... But it didn't. The slime only succeeded in sliding backwards until part of itself was hanging into the emptiness. The slime panicked. It pushed upward with all it's strength, spreading itself thin to get as much of a hold as it could. The inorganic slipped out from underneath it, and the slime felt a terrifying, rushing emptiness all around it.

Click!

Edited by AlexisV

Aster felt an immense sense of relief run through it as the world around it brightened again. Suddenly feeling extremely exhausted, it laid the end of its body with its sight orbs and noise holes on the ground and rested for an indeterminate amount of time, the exact length of which the slime had no way of knowing.

Eventually, as Aster's emotional state returned to normal, the slime felt its energy return along with it, but that wasn't all that it could feel - apparently, while it had rested enough time had passed for the slime to become quite hungry, and now that it was aware of that fact it really wanted to find something to eat. The only thing close by was the nasty-tasting liquid, though, and Aster wasn't quite desperate enough to give that another try. Besides, it could tell that there were still other organics around. Its mind made up, the slime began to move away from the round opening containing the nasty liquid, hoping it would find another organic substance before too long.

With its increased mental capacity, Aster could now realize that its current system of locomotion wasn't that great. It took up a lot of energy, and it didn't make the slime move very fast. It knew somehow that there was a better way, but it was too hungry for now to even consider growing something new.

Aster didn't notice its new coloring throughout all of this. Since its sight orbs were at its very front, and looked forwards, it couldn't see its own body very well. The slime would probably notice eventually, but not yet.

OOC: Copper . . . oh, good. I hoped it would be that. With copper I can do some interesting stuff with some of the unlocks I'll hopefully get later.

The slime recoiled away from the mound of stuff that had contained the sharp thing. The thing had slashed open wounds in the inside of the slime's throat, and that wasn't the worst bit. Not only had the sharp thing cut deep into the sensitive flesh of the slime's throat, but the wounds were leaking some kind of hot, sticky liquid. It was like what had happened before, but there was more liquid this time. The liquid was also filling the slime's throat, choking it and trying to flow down the slime's airway. Panicked, the slime tried to swallow or cough up as much of the liquid as it could, but the liquid just seemed to keep coming. It stopped soon enough, but the remaining liquid took awhile to clear from the slime's throat.

When the itchiness of the liquid had finally been washed away, the slime noticed a strange taste. It was... hm. It wasn't from the liquid - that had tasted of large creatures. It was seemed odd that something that came from the slime itself would taste like other things, but that wasn't what the slime was focusing on now.

There was a strange, itchy feeling on the roof of the slime's mouth, like something was growing. The slime started to ignore it, deeming it useless like most other new growing things. It didn't feel much different, so it probably wouldn't make much of a difference. The slime liked that kind of simplicity.

Besides, there were much more important issues than the strange taste and the useless new thing. The slime was still starving, and having to heal the throat wounds hadn't helped. Wary, the slime stepped back towards the mountain. It was worried about grabbing another sharp thing, but it didn't have much of a choice. Before reaching out and grabbing something, it absentmindedly flicked its wet-getting thing out and pressed it against the new thing at the roof of its mouth.

A new sense! Strange, yet very familiar. It was very similar to taste, and yet it wasn't, not quite. More faded, maybe, yet vibrant all the same. It seemed to to be long ranged, like the slime's first new sense. Maybe it was a long-ranged form of taste? Oh, and the things that the new sense was revealing! There was so many different things around. Metallic things, rotten things, sweet things, anything. It was hard to tell where anything was, though. It was all muddled at strange, not clear like any of the other senses. It was most comparable to the first new sense, but even that one was clearer than this.

The slime flicked its wet-getter out again, and then reached for what seemed to be some kind of food. It was soggy and mushy, and a bit rotten. It didn't have any sharp things in it that the slime could tell, so it would have to do.

((Appearance update: Delta has a mostly complete lizard skeleton, plus claws. Along its spine is a row of rose thorns, and grown on its tail is a fin. It has a layer of muscles now, which are visible but not exposed because Delta is sort of using a layer of slime as a temporary skin. So, pretty skinny and stretched out, instead of being blob-shaped.))

((Ah - tapeworm, right?))

Zeditha's claws bounced off the slime-coloured scales. She tapped one claw on the ground in frustration, then thought of something. What if she grew something that would trap the things? She thought of several things that grew inside, and tried to make all of them. It took a while, and they were very basic, but she managed it, and one sack-thing trapped them.

((She grew some basic systems. The worms got trapped in her stomach... Not exactly sure what happens to them now.))

OOC @ Everyone: Had a great weekend, was in a good mood, and ready to post! Got to work to do an update before my shift started, and... not in the mood to post today, now that I just got fired. But I have time to do it from now on!

OOC @ Backup77: The peppermint disc is something I wanted to use as a "breath weapon upgrade" but you don't have the breath weapon yet. You do have minty cool breath though... if anyone would be close enough to your face to tell. This is permanent unless you decide otherwise.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Kiri: The slime landed on sharp, jagged, inorganic things that sliced it in many directions; though since it was slime it mostly folded over the shapes instead of be eviscerated by them. In the depths of the debris was the organic thing! All hope wasn't lost after all; though the thing was round and smooth, and was somewhat somehow wedged in between the inorganic sharp things.

@Zeditha: Most of the creatures hiding within the slime were caught, but as they were still moving around and the slime's thing grew around them, one was able to escape before its inner membrane completed. But this one the slime could taste. It was unlike anything it had tasted before which was strange, since it had eaten so many things by now. Something was about... no. That wasn't right, the slime couldn't complete its thought. Something moved in the distance under a large brown fluffy plant, but since it was mostly hidden, the slime couldn't tell more.

@Delta: Part of the huge brown organic thing towering into the sky moved. The slime had never seen such a thing move, especially not a small part of its own skin when the rest of it didn't. Strange! Continuing to stare, the slime saw it wasn't the plant at all, but something the same color that happened to be on it. Not far away, a dark thing on the ground with an even stranger shape moved; but whatever it was, it was behind the plant.

@Aster: The slime saw small, strange creatures moving around near the base of an inorganic it wasn't far from. They were funny things, and when they bumped into the wiggly things in the front of each other, they changed shape and looked spherical. How funny! The slime must have woken up at the right time.

Edited by Viirin

@Dragonhatchling: Neither Avisk nor the packrats can see down there, it's too dark. They're navigating by scent and memory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Avisk: Nothing. There was something, but then there wasn't. The linked inorganic was such a nice feeling! It didn't feel right inside though But it didn't matter right now, the slime knew it needed it, but not the reason. The slime felt something behind it again, something very light and thin, almost not noticeable. Then the air puffed a couple times. Pain! There was that pain again. Then it was gone. It was too dark to see, the slime would have to figure out something else to figure out where its enemies were!

((I'm not dead.... just college keeps me busy.

Oh and I know Viirin smile.gif It's just the slime is rather close to the rat, so it can "see" for like a second... and then just continues to bump into things following along more by luck than anything.))

Avisk turned in a circle, feeling more breath to its left. It thrust that way, knocking into another rat thing. More breath. More pain then though since the poor slime wasn't quick enough to turn and slam. It repeated this process, once again getting into a fight at odd against it.

The linked thing inside it made it a little slower, but also a little heavier. Avisk thought maybe it could use the extra weight.

Rising up, the slime looked odd in the cramped tunnel system. It waited a second before slamming itself down to where it thought another rat would be. Lucky hit! The rat was taken under the slime and made a ton of racket to prove it. Not that the slime could really properly hear. It could feel the vibrations though of all the squeakings and knew something had happened.

The slime forced itself down more, planning to smother it and even the odds a little more. But another rat scraped from behind. PAIN. Again! So much for even odds.