Viirin

Azure Wyrm

Aster stared at the wiggly things moving around in front of it for a little while, a little confused. It had never encountered something that could change its shape before (besides itself, but that felt so natural to the slime that it hardly noticed it) and it wondered how the skittery creatures could do that. Almost immediately, however, the roaring hunger inside Aster reminded it of its true purpose, and the slime made its way over to the sometimes-round skittery things as quickly as it could and began to absorb as many of them inside of itself as it could, catching them whenever they came into contact with its skin. Aster wanted to stop the gnawing almost-pain inside it as quickly as it could.

OOC: Really sorry to hear that you lost your job, Viirin! Hope you get a new one soon!

@Delta: Part of the huge brown organic thing towering into the sky moved. The slime had never seen such a thing move, especially not a small part of its own skin when the rest of it didn't. Strange! Continuing to stare, the slime saw it wasn't the plant at all, but something the same color that happened to be on it. Not far away, a dark thing on the ground with an even stranger shape moved; but whatever it was, it was behind the plant.

((Sorry, did you accidentally do Zeditha twice instead of Delta?))

((I'll go on the assumption that the second doesn't apply.))

Zeditha decided to see what the thing was. Maybe it was food? She felt hungrier now, after all. She hopped closer, waving her tail.

OOC Umm.... I'll take a look tomorrow- gonna go make a sandwich. I can't decide between toasted tuna (the bread toasted) and swiss, or grilled cheese using pepperjack cheese and turkey breast.

Also I was told I won't be rescued from this place, so um... I guess the Housewarming event is just permanent until I somehow find something else to do.

So those of you who still haven't gotten your requests to me- get me them! I've been writing out some story idea stuff to get everyone's event rewards to them who didn't get them already. The sebright chicken pattern is coming from a slime who will be allowed to perma-die, in case that was a question.

I might be inactive for a while. Between work, the impending end of fishing season, and sewing a zillion things for an upcoming con I don't have time for much else. Hope I'll be back soon.

OOC: I read that post you guys wondered about, and no, it wasn't two posts to Zeditha. It actually was meant for you, Backup77. After you grew stuff I wanted to aim you at something moving, and I rescued a cicada in RL from being stepped on. So I thought of that.

But I also have to update Entle! How dumb of me. Also I'll get you too, Backup.

@AlexisV: I'll update Entle when you become available again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Avisk: One of the slime's barbs it grew after absorbing the pointy thing near the wet from earlier got stuck in between the hard parts of the creature's bitey parts that attempted to penetrate it. The other creature below the slime made no movements; it was dead. But the slime started to notice something strange... funny? Different. It was getting bigger unintentionally as it continued eating.

@Aster: (unlocked: pillbug) The creatures appeared hard; though as the slime caught them effortlessly, it found they weren't. They were quite easy to smash and absorb through. And there were a lot of them! Though another nearby creature looked wet, and was under an inorganic whose underside was caked in ground.

@Zeditha: A small gray furry creature emerged from the plant as the slime approached, and it went the opposite direction from the slime and dashed under something else nearby. But the slime didn't catch it due to distraction, despite its visual prowess. The ground was mostly flat, except for some strange shapes that almost looked like two ovals touching at a funny angle. Lots of these shapes, close to the same distance from each other as they started at the soft brown (green) ground-covering and stopped... the slime couldn't tell. But the cleared spot stretched far and winded a few times. What was down there?

Edited by Viirin

((B-but... Entle is mine! e_e))

Entle kept trying to move the salt anywhere, but it wouldn't work. It just wouldn't budge. And the inorganic also wouldn't move. It felt something new... Entle guessed it would call it "frustration".

Zeditha wondered what had distracted her, and looked around. She noticed that the ground seemed organic, and snapped at it with her beak a bit, before looking around again. Deciding to go after the fray creature, she moved slowly towards its new hiding place. Hopefully she could catch it before it moved away if she was closer when it ran.

OOC: See, this is what happens when I um... don't drink enough soda? I don't know. Sorry! Updating now... (you're gonna get a present as apology real quick)

Trying to find time to update 'unlock and player list'. I should have said AlexisV is Kiri, and didn't put it in. Wow, get a move on, Viirin.

@DarkShinyLugia: I was planning on giving you this unlock anyway- but I figure I'll have to find something else to give you to upgrade it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Entle: (unlocked: crystalline salt) The tiny bits of inorganic was stuck in the slime's mass, though the organic stuff was dissolving. The slime felt something boiling up inside it, charging up to force it... it heaved. It didn't know what this movement was, or why, but its interior slime undulated and wobbled and compressed, then expanded from the inside out, forcing the inorganic bits closer to its surface. It did this many times, until the inorganic was finally gone.

@Zeditha: Hidden within growing clumps of brown (green) on the sides of the winding flat design wasn't one hole in the ground, but more than that. Looking around with its height and sight, there were a few dozen in this area, some more obvious than others. One of the holes slightly behind but mostly to the right side of the slime showed movement- the last bit of a creature disappearing into the dark.

Edited by Viirin

Aster absorbed the small, hard on the outside but not on the inside things one after another until its hunger was gone. Now the slime felt - well, not quite full, but not hungry either. There were still more of the small skittery things running about, but with its hunger taken care of the slime wasn't as interested in them as it was before. They tasted familiar somehow, although Aster was quite sure it hadn't eaten any of those things before. Now the slime was more interested in the wet thing near the inorganic object. Aster was a bit curious to see how it tasted, but also the slime just wanted to investigate the creature period. It hadn't seen anything like the wet thing before as far as it could tell, and it wanted to find out more about it. And if it tasted it a little in the process, so much the better! Leaving the small skittery things behind, Aster made its way over to the wet organic, and hesitantly nudged it with its side, not sure if the organic would do anything to hurt the slime. In the course of its short life, it had already learned very well that it couldn't be too careful concerning that sort of thing.

OOC: Viirin, would you mind telling me exactly how big Aster is now?

Zeditha decided to investigate the hole - even if she didn't catch the creature, it would be interesting. Walking over, she attempted to push herself into the hole after the creature.

OOC: Sorry everyone! I know how inactive I've been here. Been working on my site when I have time online, and doing work and health related things too.

The Morrowind Modding History community is helping me integrate forums on my website so its easier for me to find all the story details on everyone and not get confused as often, and all that jazz. Also as stated before, I'll make accounts for everyone with the names for you I already know, and copy over all the threads. That one's gonna be really hard, trying to figure out chronology from three threads becoming one.

So here's a poll of sorts for you guys that I really wanna know.

Choose:

1. My original idea is to have the thread on its own, and you can click your character's name (or anyone else's) to see the Player Name, Character Name, Bonus DNA, Starting Location, Unlock List, Event Participation, Current Location, and basic, plain English story. Like instead of the in-game posts you normally see, it would be like "Zeditha sees a trash bag full of dead animals outside the veterinary clinic with a biohazard sign printed on it." That's how I'll keep myself on track, too. I say "Current Location" because Sevak, for one (Dragonhatchling's alternate on the Escapist) started in the forest but is now in the desert.

2. A character list page, where you can see basically the same information, but the story will be left out and only used for my own notes that no one else will see.

3. Something else that you guys suggested

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Zeditha: The slime was too big, and only part of its own face was able to fit into the hole. There was definitely something of interest inside, and the slime couldn't imagine it wasn't the creature it had just chased. But then movement out of the corner of its left eye- the creature came out of one of the other holes! Sure it was only poking its head up, but it was right there.

i like the first one! I'm often wondering what exactly our slimes are seeing, and having a plain English summary would be very useful!

Waiting for Aster's update, Viirin. Also hoping to learn her current size - maybe that's something else that could be added when you click a character's name?

Entle was... relieved?-yes, relieved sounded good- at the inorganic's release into the salty wet. Finding anything to do, Entle thought about being a "dragon" and what such a thing would need. It decided on something, as something grew on its front. It was an orb, but it was smallish. But at least Entle could now "see", if horribly blurry was a good thing.

(A start. Microsoft Paint... FTL. And "5 cm" is probably really off.)

((Sevak's gonna freeeeaaaaakkk if he ever learns he's not in the forest anymore xd.png Yay!!! xd.png ))

Avisk thrashed a little more as it noticed the other thing got stuck on one of the barbs. It hoped to rid itself of the danger that these pack rats had put it in but also hoped to find some way to get out of wherever it was. It was still in a tunnel. That much it knew by hitting the walls as it did. The slime was pretty sure the erratic thrashing pinned one of the rats against the wall at some point, but also probably got it stuck more on the slime's barbed scale network. Regardless, the slime drove forward, smashing into another rat as it tried to find a new way out before it got more attacked. It barely noticed the growing in size now, but the original feeling had scared it.

OOC @ Avialae: I think around 8 and a half inches... but I honestly can't remember. Also, thanks for your input!

Sees a rock with some slugs and pill bugs under it. You already ate the pill bugs.

Yes, I can put in character's current size. As players either do their own art, or other artists do it, I'll also upload a slideshow of sorts to show form changes. Here, let me give you my Azure Wyrm page link on my site that shows an evolutionary progression from slime to full-fledged dragon that my friend drew for me (it's the Azure Wyrm page on my site. Click the image to see the evolution slideshow):

My business model is based on democracy, capitalism, and transparency. You'll see what I mean once I get those pages active (maybe later this week. won't be functional but visible at least)

@Lugia: And a beautiful eye it is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Aster: The creature was excessively soft, and exactly as wet. Slimy wet. It's like the wet was oozing from and all over the creature. In fact, it looked like it had left ooze behind it as it slowly moved as well. The little skittery creatures didn't seem to get stuck in it when they ran over the behind-slime, though. But they also weren't on top of the creature itself; they seemed to avoid it.

@Entle: The saltiness of the wet hadn't been that much of an annoyance before, but now that the slime was turning some of itself into a new organ- and an exposed one- it certainly seemed to matter now! Little organic pieces in the wet, that the slime had hardly noticed before, now seemed important. At least when they touched the slime's new orb.

@Avisk: The walls of the cave were closing in on the slime. The tunnel getting smaller, but at least most of the creatures hurting the slime seemed to stop. The one it jammed against a wall didn't go anywhere, but wet was pouring from it where the slime's barbs shoved into, and then scraped against, the part of its body between its bulk and what must be its head. Closer. The walls were not getting closer quickly, but as the dead creatures within the slime dissolved, the walls got proportionately closer!

Edited by Dragonhatchling

The slime heard something. A shift in the pile, maybe? It seemed like a sound the the pile might make if some of it was moved. A bit of a wet, soggy sound, a bit of a harsh, scraping sound. It wasn't a large movement; the sounds were too tiny. Why was the pile moving? Nervously, the slime backed up a bit. It didn't sound like a large thing was moving the pile, which was good. Maybe there wasn't a reason to be nervous, then. After all, a small thing couldn't hurt it. If it was a small moving thing, then it would be good food! Excited, the slime climbed over to where it heard the sound, but didn't find anything. It flicked out its wet-getter, but the new sense couldn't detect whatever the moving thing had been. There was too much of a jumble around. Disappointed, the slime didn't know what to do next. Something had caused the movement sound, right? Where had it gone? The slime started climbing down the pile, blindly searching for the moving thing. There! The slime's wet-getter touched something that tasted like the outside of one of the hard, moving things. The thing started to flee, so the slime lunged towards it. Unfortunately, all it got was some thin stuff. It tasted fine, but there wasn't much of it. The slime continued towards the moving thing.

((Sorry, I was still a bit confused.))

Indeed, as Aster's body moved against the slime covering the other slimy thing as it investigated it, it found that the slimy thing's slime wasn't sticky at all. It did have a vaguely unpleasant taste, though, that Aster could discern from the small bits of the substance that the slime absorbed when it came in contact with its own slime. The taste wasn't bad enough to really upset the slime, though, and the slimy wet things weren't that big, so Aster sucked a couple of them into its body and digested them, wanting to learn more about this new creature. The slime was slowly coming to realize that, based on the creatures it had eaten so far, there was still a lot in the world that it didn't know anything about, and it wanted to find out about those things.

As they darted around, a few more of the small skittery things ran into Aster's own slimy skin completely by accident. The slime wasn't looking to absorb any more of those creatures as long as it wasn't hungry, but since it didn't have to go to any extra effort to catch the hapless creatures, it decided to go ahead and eat them anyway.

Aster eventually fully absorbed the slimy things that it was intent on consuming, but it felt it hadn't learned everything there was to know about those creatures yet. It could faintly see more of the slimy things right up against the inorganic object, so the slime lurched its front forward and captured a few more of the wet things in its skin. As it did so, however, it felt the inorganic object the other slimy things were close to shift against it, and Aster stopped itself short, fearing that the movement of the inorganic would lead to something bad happening to itself.

((IC: Aster ate a few slugs and accidentally dislodged the rock they were under. And thanks for letting me know her approximate size.))

OOC: I didn't disappear! Lots of RL stuff, like Dragonhatchling. I'll try to update ASAP. If anyone wants, you can always friend me over facebook to get a hold of me directly and yell at me to hurry up!

OOC @ Backup77: I was basically saying "You see a slow-moving brown bug on a tree." But I like where you're going better. I had rescued a cicada from a parking lot, which is why I wrote that when I did. Instead you're now distracted by a mouse trying to make a burrow in the pile of trash you're on top of.

@Avialae: "psudopod eyestalks" have a cumulative length. You can smoosh them down (poke a slug or snail in the eye to see it work) but also you can smoosh all of them down but one, which gains the length of all of them.

@Delta: The random jumbled disarray of things had a strangely shaped hole that was dark inside. The side of the hole were straight edges, but somewhat moldy. Whatever the other thing was that the slime had seen had gone down inside, though there didn't seem to be a trace of it anymore.

@Aster: (unlocked: psudopod eyestalks, mucous secretion, pill bug) The inorganic slid a little, and began to roll down the mound of strange things the slime could barely differentiate. As it did, it hit a shiny thing that was round all around, but was also long. Like a tube. The slime could see inside a little, and there was moldy dirty stuff. But as it rolled, the yucky part slid off most the way and revealed less gross stuff, dark in color but somehow somewhat familiar.

Everyone's updated, and today is the Halloween event! Post updates, or send me a private message, or just post something else in the thread. It doesn't matter, it'll show participation for the event. If you forgot what cool stuff you can get, I'll remind you:

TRICK: Any chemical, toxin, or disease can be chosen and I'll find a way to get it to you. Wanna glow in the dark from a glowstick? Wanna generate glue? Infect stuff with mad cow disease? Enhance yourself with a constant flow of painkillers? Breathe sleep liquigel?

TREAT: Any candy or other sweet treat can be chosen. Choose 'rock crystal' and you can grow sugar crystal armor. Chocolate can get you traits from the original tree, plus generate sugar and even unlock cow/bull parts, like horns. Most candies use dyes, so you can get additional colors to make use of as well as candy parts.

Aster noticed the glint of the shiny thing out of the corner of its eye, and it abandoned the slugs to head towards it, wanting to investigate it. The slime didn't mind leaving the creatures that it was currently absorbing, at least for now, since honestly they didn't taste all that great. Making its way over to the shiny thing, Aster curled its more flexible front half around it, trying to gather all the information on the object it could through its sense of touch. The slime immediately realized that the shiny object was inorganic, but then it discovered its opening and both the moldy stuff and the darker, better-tasting stuff. Trying to ignore the moldy stuff since it was disgusting, Aster tried to absorb as much of the darker stuff inside itself as it could, intrigued by it. It could immediately tell the dark stuff was familiar to it somehow, but couldn't place how yet. Despite its best efforts, some of the moldy stuff was brought inside the slime along with the dark substance, but fortunately not that much, and Aster could mostly ignore the moldy stuff's awful taste by concentrating on the taste of the dark stuff.

[OOC Hi all, I'm in the Escapist Azure wyrm and I'm adding in a second character here because ya.

my Halloween choice is mint flavored cadbery egg.

my sheet is:

Name; Crell

Bonus DNA: black piranha (Serrasalmus rhombeus)

Starting location: beach]

((Hello, would you mind if I joined in? This sounds extremely fascinating (and it's sciency) and I would love to be a part if it!))

OOC: Go ahead, Polaristar! Also I'll post a link to my site with all the Event Information for every event for the RP for you:

Event Information

Books, your second character sheet is accepted.

For everyone to know: I don't know if I'm moving tomorrow or not, but I'm hoping so, and I can't really get online on the weekends. I'll try and get updates written next week, unless I get to move into my own apartment tomorrow, then it'll be faster!