RavenWolf1010

The Magic Apocalypse

Vincent clicked his tongue then, in a surprisingly childish act, rubbed his hand on her head, messing up her hair slightly. "I appreciate the gesture," He said before looking to Hanil. "Stay with her while she rests. I'm going to put them through the trials now. One of them did this to me, I am certain of it. Their time for rest has passed because of it." With that, he pulled away and began quickly walking away, his trench coat billowing slightly behind him.

((I ship it.))

As soon as Vincent walked out of the room did Mina follow. Like she was letting him leave her behind. Not a chance. Once in the hallway, she accidentally crashed into the wall. Wait! You aren't supposed to be up and moving! Poor Hanil's cries were ignored as Mina pressed on in pursuit of the doctor she had recently talked with. Surprisingly, she made it to the door of the medical bay before face-planting into unconsciousness. That would hurt later. You know, when she was conscious.

Raven looked above her. There were no ledges, or windows. The fluorescent lights, seemed to be embedded into the celling. Growling in frustration, she threw herself at the door. She'd done so with enough force to leave a slight dent in the metal. She was a bit surpirsed by this, as she'd surmised this was where many sorcerers had been held. And if she could do that... There had to have been people who've escaped before. I bet there's some sort of secret neutralizing agent, that perhaps cancels out powers? Most sorcerers had always relied in their powers. But had none used brute force? If I could do that... What other weaknesses are there? Raven turned to Lay and Glen. I couldn't get all of us free. Sighing, she went back to pacing. Her mind drifted towards the trials. They say they are fair. Humans are often driven by fear when they are faced with something they don't know, or understand. Acting in fear, leads to irrational choices. I doubt they'll be showing a 'talking' wolf any mercy. She laughed sadly at herself. Here I am, spending my last hours in a metal box. The last wolf alive, caught by humans, and to be put to death by their hand. My kind would be ashamed. Raven thought of Vincent. He'd said he'd lost his family to the magic users. She'd lost hers to not only them, but as well as humans. But did she go around, hating every human? No. In fact, she wanted to help them. They wouldn't see me as that. They'd just see me as one of them that killed their family or friends. They have no idea that I've had my family taken from me as well. And, it was by their own kind. Shaking her head, she sighed again. I suppose, there could be the slightest chance they do allow me to live, but most likely to only work as some lowly dog. She was too proud, to ever succumb to that, and would gladly take death over to serving humans. She'd always carry her pride as a wolf. I can hope at least one human, can see past the ridiculous folk tales surrounding my species, and see that just like them, I want blood as well.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

((Adorable, hypocritical Vincent is totally in love.))

Vincent continued onwards, focused entirely on his goal now. Oh, they would pay. Damn sorcerers always hurting people. But it had to be one of those two and he would find out which. The wolf didn't need to go through the trials since they already knew she was a magic user. But the other two still.

His thoughts were suddenly cut off by a thud behind him. His eyes widened slightly in surprise and his hand stopped on the door as he glanced back over his shoulder at Mina. Oh. Oh dear. He sighed loudly then walked back over to her and gently lifted her up, off the ground. That was when a louder thud came from the door behind him. censorkip.gif. Holding Mina close, he quickly turned to stare at the giant door. It was made entirely out of metal and divided into many sections layered with insulators. The outside had no breaks in it so it was probably one of the first layers. The entire thing was several inches thick. As if something could get out of there. "Hanil, I think you'll have some dents to fix," He called out then looked down at the woman he was holding. "And, actually, can you get the door for me?"

(( "Hanil, I think you'll have some dents to fix." That cracked me up. xd.png

And not to sound stupid... But who were you talking about? I assume Mina.))

The canine's ears flicked, and she picked up her head, swearing she'd heard voices. Impossible. This place has to be sound proof. Raven had heard of sorcerers who could produce eardrum shattering frequencies. She wasn't exactly sure how, but she knew that they existed.

Hanil had come running after Mina with the box of scalpels in his hands shortly after Mina had staggered out the door. He wound his way down the corridors to the entrance of the medical bay, where he found Mina and Vincent. The young mechanic nodded quickly, skirted around Vincent, and undid the locks on the door. With those unlocked, he pushed the door open and held it for Vincent. Is she okay? Her nose...it looks like she broke it.

((It's so funny because she's everything he hates. Shall we list them?

A magician, a criminal, playful, loud, inclined to break rules, stubborn, cocky, and calls him by any nickname she can think of.

Yup. He's a hypocrite if I've ever seen one. But hey, Mina's got a nice bod xd.png))

Edited by shadow_claw

Raven scrambled back in surprise as the door open. For a moment though, she considered even trying to escape. This place is practically crawling with guards though. She then picked up the scent of blood, Vincent, the mechanic from earlier, and a new person. She could tell it was a woman. Careful not to get too close, she peered out. Her head tilted in surprise. Raven could've sworn she'd seen this woman before.

((Yes, Mina.))

Vincent looked down at the woman he was holding then adjusted his grip on her. "She'll be fine," He insisted as he swept into the room and immediately bee-lined for an open bed in the far corner, ignoring the three he had imprisoned in there. With remarkable gentleness, he placed her on the open bed and checked her over briefly before turning to the older doctor. "Fetch the painkillers," He said, beckoning him away to the far corner of the room where some of the supplies was kept. Not all, naturally, but some. Vincent looked Mina over one last time before turning to the two humans. "It is time for you two to face the trials. I was going to give you more time to rest but, seeing as some sorcery has invaded this place, I'm going to have to speed things up. You'll get painkillers, however, to help you with the first one. Consider it a kindness but there won't be many more."

What do you mean?

Raven bristled. Someone either was setting them up, or someone really was a sorcerer.

Someone used... Powers?

She looked to Glen and Lay. They both seemed human enough. Raven snorted.

I think your mistaken, Vincent. It couldn't have been us.

She padded over to the woman on the bed. She was quite skittish, but her curiosity had gotten the best of her.

We've been sleeping most of the time.

Her thoughts turned elsewhere for a moment. What kind of magic had it been? She faced the woman again. Something about her seemed off, in a way. In fact, she almost seemed to radiate power. Could it have just been her imagination?

Raven noticed the woman's nose was off slightly. And that a small trickle of blood seemed to be coming out of it. What'd she do, run into a wall?

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Hanil's eyes narrowed slightly. That sounded like Vincent was trying to convince himself rather than convincing Hanil. Turning, the man shut the door behind him. His olive green eyes examined the small dents in the solid, metal door. Hanil glanced over at Raven. She was the only one short enough to damage the door at the height it was. Was this you? You should know better than to hurt yourself. And...They don't like aggressive ones.

The lights in the room dimmed visibly once Mina was carried inside. She drained energy from anything she could get without harming anyone. A few minutes of doing this, and she cracked her eyes open. Oww...damn, did I fall? She muttered. The lights remained dim, as Mina still required the extra energy. Her grey gaze flickering to Vincent, Mina smirked. My hero, brave knight Vincent saving the damsel in distress. Sarcasm hung heavy in her voice. It could practically be felt in the air as she spoke. When the woman noticed Raven, she grinned. A wolf. She hadn't seen one of those for a while. Heya buddy. Whatcha doin' in a place like this?

Edited by shadow_claw

((wait wati can you wait a moment xd.png I needed my sleep for an exam don't forget me please.))

After she had explained everything to Glen sha had decided to sleep a bit. But she was soon awoken with tears in her eyes and only remembering the same feeling as when her family was murdered. She saw Raven pacing around and throwing herself against the wall. She didn't stop her, what was the use. She was still a caged wolf of course she would be anxious. She just sat there in a daze forgotten to wipe the tears away. Until the door openend an Hanil and Vincent entered Putting a woman in bed. Lay had come a bit closer to see who it was. She had kept silent until she heard about the trial. "Wait, what, I thought you said this place was protected. What kind of sorcery was it?" Only now she remembered the tears and wiped them away. "You think we use sorcery? We were all asleep. Weren't we? Raven, Glen." She turned around seeking confirming looks from the others. And suddenly she knew why she had the feeling she hated Vincent. He didn't support her, he didn't believe her. All the people she ever had talked to would believe everything she said at one point. Except Vincent, that's why she couldn't trust him. Of course shooting Glen and Raven added fuel to her hatred and distrust.

Edited by loviebeest

Raven turned to Hanil.

What's it matter at this point anyway? According to him, She tossed her head towards Vincent. I'll be dead less than a few hours anyway. She said darkly.

Raven faced Mina. Her tail waved slightly at her friendliness.

I suppose I should thank him, she replied, addressing Vincent once again. Apparently, while my friends and family were being murdered, I committed some crime.

Her hostility wasn't really directed at anyone at this point, besides the situation itself. She sat down beside Mina.

Really, I have a death sentence for basically being the last wolf around trying to stay alive.

((Edit; I wonder how this will all pan out, I think we should all perhaps thank pudding for the new interesting plot we have. smile.gif

Another thing, during the week, most of us probably have school or work, right? Not all of us have the spare time after school/work either. Might I get an agreement between everyone, to try and slow it down during the week so not everyone misses out so much (sorry for sounding like a hypocrite)? That, and poor loviebeest has a completely opposite times of night/day (and I live on the west coast, I get anxious sitting in school and thinking about all the fun I'm missing xd.png ). To perhaps ensure that no one gets left behind, we allow everyone to post a reply before moving onto some other situation? i.e. Raven accidentally sharing her memory with everyone.

It's only a suggestion, but I can guess that everyone would sort if benefit. At this point, I think we are like the most active users around. ))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Vincent twitched as it seemed everyone wanted to talk at once. "It doesn't matter what type of sorcery it was," he snapped then quickly turned back to Mina. "Please, do not talk to the prisoners. You'll only make them more anxious." He glared at Raven to prove a point then turned and walked over to the table where Glen was sitting and Lay was standing by. The old doctor returned at this point and passed him two needles. Yes, the painkillers. Thank god they were starting this now. "It is not my will but the will of the people," He said loudly as he grabbed ahold of Glen's wrist and rolled up his sleeve then quickly guided one of the needles into his upper arm, moving with all of the skill and grace of a doctor. "Your turn," He said, turning to Lay next. "These will help you with the first trial."

Mina pouted, huffing in response to Vincent's order. She was no different than them, but he let her come and go in peace. The white-haired woman slowly sat up, blinking stars from her eyes as she did so. Once she cleared her foggy thoughts, she glanced about. Once Mina's eyes hit Glen, she nearly fell out of bed trying to get to him. It was that guy! She had seen him before! He punched her in the face one time! Hey, you! I know you! You and your friends tried to kill me and steal my censorkip.gif a few months ago! she shouted. Her blue eyes narrowed as she studied him. Suddenly, the magician perked up and grinned at Glen. Yeah...You were one of those revolutionaries, right? A big-wig in magician society. Your name was...Gale? No...Glenn! That's what it was! Namina was oddly cheerful about this. She had so many attempts on her life in the past, it didn't even phase her anymore. She wasn't one for revenge, either. Namina Waltz was probably the only person in the Anarchist society that wasn't inclined to seek revenge after attempted murder by a plethora of people.

Glen jumped in fright when he was addressed by the white haired woman. Vincent stopped as well and fixed his emerald eyes on Glen's face. "What?" The dark-haired man asked then quickly held up his hands. "No, that's not right," he quickly added as a strong hand clamped down on his shoulder. It was Vincent's.

"You don't say," he purred then forcefully lifted him off the bed. Glen cried out in pain and collapsed onto his knees as Vincent held onto his arm firmly. One of the actual revolutionaries? Those guys were always hiding out together and hard to track down. And here was one who just fell into his lap.

"That's not true!" Glen yelled as his arm was twisted behind his back, cutting off his cries of protest.

Wait. The lights flickered dangerously as soon as Vincent grabbed Glen. He couldn't be a revolutionary. He would've attacked by now if that was the case. Besides, Mina traded regularly with the revolutionaries. She knew every base on the East Coast because she traded with them all. Vincent didn't know this, and for good reason. It would drive the poor man mad trying to get that information from her. Vincent. Think about this for a second. Revolutionaries attack on sight. I see revolutionaries all the time. It could've been a 'wrong time wrong place' sorta situation when I met him. Her voice held her unspoken warning. If he didn't find sufficient evidence of guilt, she would make Vincent regret lynching him. Namina slowly stood and made her way towards Vincent, her eyes flickering to their usual, glowing aqua. A careful hand rested on Vincent's right shoulder once she stopped walking. Even if he is or was a revolutionary, you've got blood on your hands too.

Anger boiled up inside Raven. Muscles twitched as she tried to fight attacking Vincent. A snarl still managed to escape however. In a flash, Raven was at Glen's side, glaring at Vincent.

If what you say is true, about me, already going to be put to death, I guess it wouldn't matter much if I killed you, and was killed now.

Images spun before Raven's eyes. Before her, no longer stood Vincent, and no longer was she in the horrid metal room.

A gun was pointed at her face. "Well, well, hey there little wolfie." The man before her grinned, revealing a gap-toothed smile. "You're pelt would fetch a mighty high price. But your alive however," he chuckled. "Well, I would just have to stop hunting all together now." Raven's heart thudded in her chest. She felt fear's icy grip take hold of her. "What a shame, that we wiped out your family. Well... Not really actually. They were a bunch o' magic user they were." He looked back to her. "Maybe I should turn you into the Resistance or whatever they call themselves. Those crazy censorkip.gif***s. They were the ones that went around killin' wolves thinkin' they were werewolves or somethin'." Fury replaced fear. She lunged at the man. Gunshots echoed through the forest. "Bill? Hey, Bill!" Three other men came out from the trees. Raven lifted her head from the man's thoart, her teeth dripping blood.

((This then turns out to be the same three men that were tracking her in the beginning.

Oh, and everyone around her would've experienced this too. She of course, doesn't mean to. It just sort of happens. She can't control it. xd.png ))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

((It seems a little god-moddy for all of the character to suddenly see what she is seeing when telepathy isn't actually a power for her.

Going to wait for Lovie to post.))

((Oh... Huh... Sorry. I'll add telepathy into her form, and then limit it. Originally I had it in my form. Now, off to school. happy.gif ))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

((I was reading this in the train and regretted that. I was just too excited too post))

Lay stepped back with a lot of caution when Vincent walked up to her with the syringe. "You are not going to shoot me up with some strange stuff" She panicked, this was the first time she was in this kind of situation without a weapon. A weapon, I need a weapon. She was franticly looking around her when she heard the girl talking about the revolutionaries. She frooze up. Glen? one of the revolutionaries. The kind Glen? That isn't true. When she came out of her shock she saw Vincent forcing Glen on his knees. She turned quickly around to look for a weapon. The only thing she found was a scalpel, forgotten by the docter. A weapon is a weapon!! She grabbed the scalpel and turned around quickly, ready to stab Vincent in his arm. She stopped in the midst of swinging her arm when she saw the girl. Can she calm him? This was a short lived question as the vision hit her. Lay saw the hunter and felt the danger from him approaching. For her everything was real because of the vision together with the panick and adreline pumping trough her. She swung her scapel as if she was lunging like the wolf she tought she was. She didn't know what she hit, but she knew she hit the danger. And in her hand she saw a bloody scalpel when the vision dissapeared. Whoever she had hit, she hoped so much that it wasn't Glen.

((thanks for waiting ^^. Btw It looks like the events go so quick everytime I type.))

Vincent paused when Mina tried to backtrack. Wrong place in the wrong time? That seemed pretty convenient. He closed his eyes and clenched his teeth together in irritation. He wasn't about to kill an innocent life but if this was a revolutionary, it would be hard not to shoot him or at least interrogate him.

Glen was trembling in fear, his eyes closed. As of late, his golden eyes were the most defining feature about him being a member of that extremist group. If he kept his eyes closed, maybe they wouldn't notice that. Moreover, he was frightened. He really didn't want to hurt people but, at the same time, he didn't want to die. He clung to life like a rat and he didn't want to just shuffle off to his grave.

At that moment, his mind was flooded with images. It only lasted briefly but it didn't stop him from losing himself for enough time for a sharp object to suddenly stab his shoulder. Even if it was quickly removed, it still hurt. Glen hunched over, shaking more violently now. It hurt. It hurt so much. Just kill them, a voice he had long tried to repress whispered. They're going to hurt you more if you don't kill them. They're lesser species anyway. Just like pigs.

The spell this time around hardly lasted any time at all, but the feelings of resentment and anger lingered. He looked down at Glen and quickly noticed his bleeding shoulder. Grimacing, he quickly stepped away from the rest of the group, dragging the shaking young man with him. "Mina, I'm going to need you to tell me exactly what happened with this man. For now, I'm going to isolate him. You two are no longer going to have to go through the trials. This one is the only one I'm interested in right now."

Mina's crystal blue eyes narrowed to slits. Her gaze wasn't resting on Vincent, however. It scathed over Lay. Psychic vision or not, there was no excuse to hurt someone! Suddenly furious, the lights in the room flared up to an unbearable degree. Sparks danced up and down Mina's arms and crackled dangerously. In an instant, she had unsheathed her machete and lunged at Lay. However, Namina stopped before she could actually hurt the girl. It was a warning. Just because I want to help you and your friend doesn't mean heads won't roll. Watch yourself. Sheathing the blade, she spun on her heel and began to walk out of the room. She was sick of this. It was time to go to another base.

She had stabbed Glen, the thing she hoped most not to happen. She held the bloody scalpel tight till it cut even her and dropped it. Lay looked at her hand and didn't know which blood was hers and wich was Glen's. She was shocked out of her daze when the lights started flickering. She looked up and saw a machete being lunged at her. Clumsly she stepped sideways just in time. To fall on the hard floor after that. It was the girl again, this time giving her a warning. She looked confused at the girl walking away together with Vincent and Glen. She heard vaguely what Vincent said. Glen!! She quickly scrambled up and ran to the door. The door closed behind the group just before she could go trough. Lay pounded on the door and trying to break it open. No they will think he is one of them. I heard the stories about the golden eye ghost. They will think he is the ghost "OPEN UP GLEN NEEDS ME!!!" She turned to Hanil who was still in the room. "Open the door, he needs me." Then a thought hit. Does he really need me? Or do I need him? She shook her head and pounded on the door again. She felt like a caged beast who needed her freedom and her pack.

((thought it was a funny methaphor ^^))

Edited by loviebeest

(( xd.png ))

Raven had blacked out for the whole affair. When she started to come to, she began to panic, blindly stumbling to her feet. What... What happened? Blood was eminent in the air, as well as the floor. Did... Did I attack some one? She looked to Lay, who's hands had blood on them.

Vincent, the strange woman, and Glen were gone.

Her fur was standing on end, not only from fear, but also from the electricity that seemed to still hang in the air. It was so strong, she could even smell it. Slowly, she recollected herself, and began to address the situation with a cool calmness. Panicking wasn't going to get them out of here. She watched as Lay conversed with Hanil, and she made her way over.

Sorry to interrupt, but could one of you fill me in on what happened?