RavenWolf1010

The Magic Apocalypse

She looked concerned at Raven but made a quick decision. Glen needed help and they would need back-up. "Raven try to keep up with your injuries, we need to go." She stood up and looked angry at vince. "You should of let me taken my sword. It was enchanted and repels these kind of creatures." She took a few paces and turned around. "Wich way?" When she said that, that was the moment the wind picked up and blew all the fallen snow around. "No. Not also a snowstorm."

((sorry to hear that))

"Yeah, sure," Vincent replied sarcastically. "And my gun repels bumblebees. Now move." He turned and started to run past them, ignoring the imminent snow storm. "Follow my lead and don't fall behind. Remember; if I fall, so does your friend." With that note, he picked up speed and quickly rounded the corner, leaping expertly over a fallen pipe and carrying onwards.

She followed and didn't complain anymore. But she wasn't like Vince and almost tripped over the fallen pipe. She made sure he didn't notice it and followed him further.

They were running for a while now and she could still hear soft giggles. She checked to see if Raven was still running behind them and then turned to Vincent. "I can still hear them," She took a few breath's because of the long running "they're very stubborn. Do you think you can use the walkie talkie yet?" She started to breath heavily. Sure she had trained for long distances but this was very long and the cold air started to burn her longs. She didn't know for how long she was able to run. At least not without taking her medicine and, aside from the box, she was missing quite a few.

((Merrrow. This is what I get for sleeping in, eh? And sorry to hear that titan, I'll remove your form then.))

Raven smiled slightly, tossing her head in Vincent's direction as they ran.

He had said if he goes, so does Glen. And we don't want that. Plus, even if he kind of a censorkip.gif , he can stil help Glen.

At the corner of her eyes, she saw the shadowed forms beginning to slow. And then, they let out a terrible screech, turning to dust on the spot, of which was whisked away by the wind.

The cold, it's killing them... I've seen them before. They are... Some sort of summon gone wrong, like Vincent had said.

Being a wolf, the snow had little effect on her. In fact, she would have been enjoying herself if it hadn't been for the circumstances they were all under.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

"I'm calling anyway," Vincent replied and began fumbling inside his coat with one hand. After a few seconds, he finally managed to pull out his walkie talkie and held it up to his ear. "It's V. I've got a lion and two crows. Ship's capsized and we're running out of coal. I need an elephant and a few sheep dogs." He paused to look at a broken street sign before turning to the strange conversation. "We've managed to pass Italy and the Grand Canyon. Going to detour into the Pacific. Meet us at the Jungle."

"Roger that, see you at the Hive."

With that, Vincent quickly tucked the walkie talkie back into his pocket and looked back at the two. "Follow me, we've got a rendezvous point ahead."

((You got a good story. That's what you got smile.gif ))

Lay started to breath heavier and she felt her body slow down. At this pont her lungs were burning. She started to panick as she could barely breath. "If.... true... rest.." she grabbed the sleeve of Vincents free arm. "Rest...." She looked at Raven, hoping for a solution. With her other hand she grabbed wildly in her pocket. "Monsters .... slowly.." She couldn't find the box . Oh god she couldn't find it. "Raven.... help." Tears shot in her eyes as her panick grew bigger and bigger. Pleas help.

((hope i'm not too dramatic.))

Raven looked to Lay with concern. Given her size, Raven could actually carry Lay without much of a problem, but she was still injured.

Get on my back.

It had been a sudden and unsettling change in Lay, that made her worry. Perhaps they'd been increasing in altitude and she didn't know it?

Vincent stopped short and looked at the girl in confusion. Then, his eyes narrowed. "Do you have asthma?" he asked. They really needed to get to the meeting spot. It was dangerous standing out in the open. "We're almost there. Just a block up and then we can get you all some treatment. I need you to just make it up there, okay? Don't die on my yet."

Lay nodded she didn't even hear all the questions. Her legs felt shaky and she almost dragged Vincent down to the ground. She let go of the sleeve and went to Raven. She climbed on Raven's back with all the strenght she could muster. It burned, just burned. Everything turned in some kind of haze when she was on Raven's back. She could barely breath, but she stil had air. If just she didn't lose her medicine box then nothing would have happenend. "Asthma... why... now...." Finnally she could rest she hoped.

Raven moved more carefully now, keeling pace with Vincent.

If this doesn't pick up soon, she just might suffocate.

She looked over her shoulder, studying Lay's pale face.

At the point, she just needs to calm down, and take deep breaths.

Vincent stumbled slightly when he was nearly dragged down but quickly planted his feet on the ground and adjusted his stance so it would be harder to knock him down. He frowned slightly at the wolf then gestured it onwards. He couldn't carry two people. He had enough trouble with fighting while carrying Glen. "It's up ahead," He said with a frown. "Let's go," He added and quickly set off towards a parking garage nearby. He ducked under several pieces of rubble and wiggled his way inside. Several people were already there, all armed to the teeth save one. The third had a wagon attached to an area that he could pull to act like a buggy to carry the injured ones. There was enough room for several people inside, if they all laid down and more than two could pull it. Quickly, Vincent crossed to the wagon and dumped Glen's body into it before looking back to the opening.

Raven filed through daintily, careful to make sure Lay stayed on her back. She walked up besdie Vincient, her side brushing his leg. This was the only way she could communicate with him without roping anyone else in accidently.

I can haul the cart if need be.

She'd noticed the people inside the pocket, and had chosen to ignore them up until now. Her hackles rose, and her eyes narrowed her maw twitching.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

She breathed as well as she could. But how more calmly she breathed how less air she got. In her haze she saw the opening and she wanted to climb of Raven's back. When she saw Vincent in the opening without Glen she panicked more. "Glen...." And instead of climbing of she fell of. She slowly pushed herself up and tried to speak. "Walk.... medicine.... Glen..."

Edited by loviebeest

Vincent quickly reached out, grabbed Lay's arm and started to move her to the cart where he had thrown Glen in. They were going to have to hurry if they wanted to make sure she didn't die. "Get in the cart," He said, looking down at the wolf. "You're injured as well. We can't have you dying before the trial." He set his hands on his hips then turned to look at the surrounding men. "Open up the back door. We're going right there and you need to make sure nothing jumps us. You know the drill; if it moves, shoot it. Try to stay quiet, though. We don't want another incident."

I'm not getting in the cart.

She looked to Vincent, the to Glen and Lay. Her fur was ruffled in anger.

Lay also didn't want to get in the cart but she didn't have much choiche. She was leaning heavely on Vincent's arm. She pulled herself loose and slowly tried to climb in the cart. She looked at Glen for a mement to see if he was alright and then turned around. "Vince... let... her.." Oh god it burned, she wanted to huddle herself into a tight ball protected from everything. Instead she could barely stand and needed help to get in the cart. "Go..."

Edited by loviebeest

The men looked especially jumpy when the wolf's fur ruffled up. Vincent glanced back at Raven then smiled warmly, holding onto Lay's arm tightly. "Alright," He replied lightly. "Tranquilize her," He added a second later, gesturing to the men. Immediately, three of the six that had gathered there turned and fired at the wolf. Vincent quickly drew his sword as he tightened his grip on Lay's arm, ready to fight in case the darts missed.

Raven snarled viciously, leaping to the left. She had dealt with more than enough hunters and tranq guns. The darts were always slower than bullets, and easier to dodge. Light on her feet, her senses were sharp, ready to fight. Her maw pulled back to reveal over two dozen of her razor sharp canines. It took a careful concentration to not resort to her primal instincts, and just go on killing spree. Her gaze snapped to Vincent. Nice try, her eyes said. But you're going to have to try harder.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

She heard Vincent's command and she saw Raven Avoid darts. But her brain just wouldn't process it. "What... Happen..." Her vision became blurred as her legs fell out on her. She only heard buzzes and saw strange contours. "Help....." It came out as a whisper, when she was hoping that it could have overcome the deafening sounds in her ears. She only felt the burning sensation in her longs and just hoped it was over soon.

Edited by loviebeest

Vincent's smile only spread as the wolf managed to dodge the tranquilizer darts. "You're really just making things difficult here," He declared, as he tapped the end of his sword against the ground. When Lay started to fall over, his attention turned away from the wolf and he quickly dropped the sword to lift her up and place her gently in the wagon. "Shoot her legs," He ordered and the rest of the men quickly unleased several rounds at the wolf's legs. "If she dodges this one, just kill her. We don't need to waste the effort."

Raven was a blur, she moved behind Vincent. No longer did she appear as wolf. Before them, was a human girl. She drew a knife from a sheath on her leg, and held it to Vincent's throat. "I won't kill you," Raven whispered into his ear. "If you can promise not kill me, or my friends." she chuckled, "I'll be more co-operative from here on, if you can promise me that. No more disobeying. I'll be a good little wolf, and answer for my 'crimes'."

She felt the ground dissapear under the feet and for a moment she felt to be drifting on a warm cloud. But she was soon back to reality when she felt hard planks under her back and heard explosions. She panicked and grabbed whatever she could. "Alone...." She held tight onto the item in her hands not knowing it was Vincent's sleeve. The explosions suddenly stopped and she heard a familiar yet strange voice. She wanted to say something but she could only produce a ragged breathing.

Vincent had his back faced to the wolf when a knife was suddenly pressed to his throat. Lay was holding onto his sleeve, preventing him from turning and simply punching the wolf in the face. A psychotic smile appeared on his face and he laughed cheerfully. "I can't," He replied with a smile. "That's not for me to decide. That's up to the will of the people. If it was up to me, I'd have you slain on the spot and your disgusting eyes gouged out just like all of my friends and family had theirs. Don't plead to me in the court of democracy."

She didn't kow what was going on. There were still only buzzes but she could clearly someone laugh. She didn't know who it was, but whatever it was she wanted to keep hold of that small piece of reality. So she tucked it closer, she would huddle in that little ball with that small piece of reality. She wanted to sleep and be free of all the painfull sensations. It had been years since she had an asthma attack, that's why she forgot she had the medicine and she had nearly forgotten the pain of it. But this was just worse then she remembered.