RavenWolf1010

The Magic Apocalypse

Raven's energy had been all but exhausted at this point. Barely able to stand, she still growled, putting herself between the man, and the duo. Blood oozed still slowly from her wound, but her will to fight was stronger than the pain.

((Sorry it's short. I'm done with the meet for today. Next rept will be better. And, Yush, I love Wolf's Rain. wub.gif ))

The man raised his hands in mock surrender when the wolf continued to growl at him. "Calm down, I won't hurt them," He said. "I'm just waiting for an answer. There are plenty of other people who need help."

Glen planted his hands on the ground, his fingers twisting around pieces of the rubble. "Leave me be," He finally rasped, closing his eyes. "All of you. I just want to be alone." He dragged himself backwards into the pile of rubble he had created and leaned back, holding his injured leg. "Go where you want to. But go separately."

She snorted at the man, still not trusting him. Keeping one eye still on him, she turned to Glen, whining quietly. As much as she wanted to comfort him, it was clear that he wanted to be alone. Raven limped a little closer, her eyes low, tail curled around her flank. She wavered from side to side, her gaze drifting back to the male. With a sudden determination, she faced the man.

Why should we even trust you? You shot him.

She bared her teeth at the man again, then turned to Glen, edging a tiny bit closer, but then moving away cautiously.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Lay sighed, it wasn't like she wanted but she had no choice. She looked at the man with an anwser ready. "He and I won't come with you, I think the wolf thinks the same. But we'll be fine." She looked back at Glen and reassured him. "Don't worry I'll leave you be. Let me just guide you out of the maze and then I won't bother you again." She sighed one more time. "I was just hoping that I had found an old friend again. Sorry for bothering you." She stood up and clapped the dust from her pants. "Can you stand or should I help?" There were no jokes and no smiles anymore, only sadness and dissapointment. A face she rarely showed to anyone except good friends. She just hoped on a last change. "Wolf are you coming with us?" Sometimes she had the feeling the wolf could understand her.

((was that telepathy or just a thought?))

Edited by loviebeest

(( She's speaking to him at this point. Sorry, I should have made that clear. If it's an italicized sentence spaced away from everything, she's 'speaking'.))

((Alright.))

The man looked surprised when the wolf suddenly began to talk. Then, a very grim smile appeared on his face. "Oh," He replied, drawing his gun once again. "You're one of them." He aimed the gun at the wolf's backside and promptly fired. He wasn't aiming for anything lethal, just paralyzing. He'd tie her up and drag her back to the refuge himself. She could stand trial there. That was what he always did with those monsters. "You should have told me that from the start! Unfortunately, none of you can leave now. Hold still and I won't risk hurting you before the trial. We can go through the proper tests for all of you. Don't worry; if you're human, you're safe."

Edited by pudding

((I had edited my post whitout that in mind. shall i leave it or change it again?))

As soon as she noticed him aiming the gun was she grabbed her own gun and aimed for his hands. She shot and hoped she had protected Wolf. Even though she now knew she was a sorceres, she didn't hate her. "Don't you dare hurt her, she protected us. And I will protect her." She yelled loudly above the gunshot. She hoped she wasn't to late. She was to stupid to notice in time because she was busy with Glen.

Edited by loviebeest

(( Raven isn't a sorceress. She's just a wolf trying to get by.... She has powers like in Wolf's Rain. Well... I don't know, do you think that'd count as 'sorcery'?))

((I think that for humans everything with a bit of magic is qualified to be called a sorcerer. But I understand your point since I too have seen wolfs rain.))

((I see then. She can't do really anything else other than that though. She doesn't use telepathy very often so she can avoid this problem. xd.png ))

Raven moved swiftly, despite her injury. The bullet grazed one of her vertebrae. Annoyed at the sting, she growled under her breath.

We aren't going anywhere with you.

She was quite surprised when the female returned fire.

(( Edit; How should I address that Raven is actually... A normal wolf? 'Wolves have always had the ability to communicate with humans. They just never did.' Would something like that be good? I think I will do that. xd.png ))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

((It doesn't matter to Vincent. Anything that isn't 'natural' is a sorcerer.))

The gun was suddenly blasted from his hands but that hardly stopped the man. In fact, it barely phased him for a moment. Quickly, he drew his knife and jumped down into the hole, rolling slightly to catch his fall. It only took a short reach to grab Glen by the collar and drag him back in front of him, pressing his knife to the younger man's neck. "Now, everyone stop," He ordered, covering his body with Glen's. "Come with me quietly or I'll cut his throat."

censorkip.gif. censorkip.gif. censorkip.gif. Just everything went wrong today. Frieds rejecting her, mortal wounds, and now a maniac. Everything was just fine. "I thought that I told you. He and I are not sorcerers." She slowly holstered her gun again and put her hands up. "Wolf stand back, he is serious." She just simply glared at him, first he offered help and now he attacks us. Glen was right loners were suvivors. "I will come with you, just don't hurt him." Edited by loviebeest

Raven took a threating step forward, but stopped, short. Her fur was on end, her eyes cold. While she was quick, this man held too much over their heads to risk anything. She half limped, half paced back and forth angrily. It was surprising how the thought of self-preservation appeared, and how she quickly dismissed it.

You're an idiot. She's human, and so is he.

Her head raised defiantly.

Take me, leave the other two alone.

Facing Lay, she spoke again.

Don't be stupid too. You guys are in a deep enough hole already.

She chuckled.

As for me, I don't have much longer at this point.

At this point, she didn't care what was in store for her. Something about these two, she felt as though they needed to go on. Of course she had realized that Glen was indeed diffeent, in some way or another.

((I edited it a bit. Sorry.))

((Edit 2: I'm going to jump in the shower. I'd appreciate it a lot if you guys waited fifteen minutes or so for me? I don't mind if you don't, but ya know. happy.gif

Oh and another thing, to avoid these having to 'go back and edit' posts, why not before you post, double check to see if someone else has already posted.

Just a suggestion. smile.gif

Be back soon...))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

"Not a chance," The man replied as he pulled Glen to his feet. One hand held the knife to his throat while the other pulled out a loop of rope, which he quickly wrapped around Glen's hands. He made quick work of binding him then looked up at the hole. "You're going to lead us out of the maze. Then, all three of us are going to take a stroll. You two can go through the tests to see if you really are human. If you pass, good! You'll be free to leave. But not you, wolfy. You get to stand trial for your crimes."

Lay stayed silent while the man bound up Glen. She looked at the wolf and shook her head. She started mouthing something to her. Run as soon as you can. When the man mentioned the maze she came with a plan. She let her hands drop to her sides and stood more relaxed. "If we are going for a stroll, then can I at least get my jacket it's snowing outside. It's only a small detour trough the maze." She walked slowy closer to the place slayer lay and bend over to grab it. She stopped midway to ask a simple question. "can I take it with me? It's important to me and we need it to get trough the maze. You can safeguard it if you want."

And what exact crimes did I commit? You humans have really sunk down into the mud that you call civilization, haven't you? Even as a wolf, I know of your human's dark history. Killing many innocent people under the thought that they were witches, or lycanthropes! You murdered my kind, 'just to be safe'. My brothers, sisters, all dead, thanks to you humans trying to cover your asses. And here you all go again. Your kind thinks they are so high an mighty, the 'evolved', top of the food chain. When really, you're no better than the mutts that roam these streets, mindlessly killing each other.

The wolf now carried herself with more pride.

Its true, we as wolves, and other animals have always possesed the capability to communicate with humans. Why we chose not to?

Raven gestured to the scene before them.

This reason. Genocide. I will only go with you, to ensure the safety of the humans I've grown to some what trust.

Raven gave a slight shake of her head. Too dangerous, her eyes said.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

"Please shut up," The man replied, looking rather exasperated as he stared at the wolf. He paused slightly, tilting his head to the side as he observed Lay. "No," He replied immediately. "You're to take both of your weapons and give them to me. Place them on the ground and kick them over. Then, we can proceed. "And, we aren't going to stop there. If you do take us there, he'll choke on his own blood. "Just start walking. You first, then the wolf. We'll follow behind."

Raven snarled, but spoke no more. Her hackles rose. She absolutely hated the thought of having to be commanded around by some human. Her brow wrinkled. This is why you shouldn't ever get involved, the canine thought to herself. Now look what happened. You've been possibly mortally wounded, and for what? A bunch of lousy humans? You're a wolf, you're supposed to be wild and free, not weighed down by some humans' problems. She then laughed quietly at herself. I became involved with humans after they mass murdered my species. I've become tame, just a dog. I'm disgusted with myself. Raven sighed. No, I'm still a wolf, strong and proud. No one will ever own me, or, order me around. She snuck a glance at the male. Especially a censorkip.gif like him. She hid a small smug smile, forged in a desperation of freedom, the wolf was beginning to formulate a plan.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Still standing bend over and reaching for her weapon she came to a halt again. "Not a stupid one are you?" She took her gun from her holster and placed it on the ground. When she was standing straight again she put her foot on the weapons and smiled. "But I did ask nicely if you wanted my weapons. And I wasn't lying, we need my sword and it will be cold for me whithout my jacket." She kicked her weapons to him and turned around while stretching. "Not very polite are you, shall we go?" She felt much calmer and clearheaded after all the panicking was over and her adrenaline ebbed away. She looked one more time at the man when she came at the door. "I didn't catch your name, want to tell us? That accounts for you too wolf. I can't always call you that."

Edited by loviebeest

The man smiled warmly but just like when he smiled before, there was something malevolent hidden behind it. "It's Vincent," He replied then seemed to notice something for the first time. He looked at the man he was using as a hostage then turned his head to the side. At some point, Glen had ended up fainting. "Leader of the refuges." He bent down and quickly picked the gun up, pocketing inside of his jacket. "Like I said, no sword and no jacket. In fact..." He paused and took the gun out again, looking around. "Try not to die," He advised before shooting the gun at a weak point he could see in the roof above them. The floor began to crumble and fall, forming a makeshift ramp to allow them upwards. His gun slid down the wreckage towards him but he didn't pick it up immediately. "Let's go this way instead," He said with a smile as he began to drag Glen up the path he had created.

Raven was pulled out of her thoughts by Lay's comment.

It's Raven.

She moved nimbly out of the way of falling debris, and then limped up the ramp, her face contorted in pain. She looked back to the man who called himself 'Vincent'. Leader of the refugees? Boy, he sure is a great leader, I wonder how many friend he has.

She avoided the falling debris just in time. A moment later and it would have fallen on her head. The cold air finnally had space to enter the damp room now that the roof was gone. And as the wind blew over her uncovered arms she shivered. She made no comments about the names just nodded her head. "I'm Lay." She said as she walked up the ramp. She felt more of the cold wind blowing over her arms. she turned around and looked at Vincent. "Y-y-you want me to walk in this c-c-cold with j-just a shirt on? You're c-c-crazy." She felt the cold and shivers all over her body. And suddenly she was concerned about Glen. He hadn't talked for a while and Raven was limping would they be alright in this cold? And on top of that all she had to leave her companion slayer behind. Great, just great.

((just edited grammar mistakes ^^))

Edited by loviebeest

Vincent climbed up the ramp after them, pausing only briefly to pick up and holster his own gun. As soon as he was at the top, he lifted Glen up with ease and tucked him under his arm as easily as one would a child. "What were you doing walking about without a cover anyway?" He asked with a sigh then looked around before he started to take off Glen's coat to give to her. His own was lined with weapons and ammo so there was no way he was handing it over. "You need to understand that I'm doing this for the best interest of humanity. You may hate me if you like but at least wait to see the people that I've gathered together."

Raven stopped in her tracks. Glared at the man behind her, and then dashed back through the hole in the ground. She knew what she was doing was quite risky. No, very risky. Despite her injured shoulder and chest, she moved swiftly following Lay's old scents through the tunnel. She came upon a small camp, of which she assumed was Lay's, considering how everything was thick with her scent. She found what she was looking for, and quickly snatched it up, moving as quickly as she could back to the surface. Raven then reappeared, carrying a bundle of cloth in her jaws. She slowed down beside Vincent, looking him in the eyes.

We aren't much use to you dead of hypothermia, now are we?

She then continued to Lay, handing her the jacket.

Without Glen conscious, his core temp. Becomes lower. He needs a jacket more than anyone. Take yours, and give Glen his back.

((This would have flown a little better had it not been for pudding's ninja posting skills. tongue.gif ))

Edited by RavenWolf1010