RavenWolf1010

The Magic Apocalypse

Lay decided to take a risk. With her free hand she slowly reached up. "I have seen you before, before the war. Not you like this but more like a presence." She smiled as she grabbed the knife and tried to pull it away, knowing she wasn't strong enough to pull away the arm. "Since I know you, can I at least know what to call you by?" The knife cut her fingers as she put more pressure on it. The blood dribbled over the knife as she know had injuries on both hands. Almost now, I know he noticed why isn't he reacting? suddenly she lost the strenght in her arm. W-wait, w-what is happening? She got dizzy and started to lose balance. Oh. god, am I going mad again? She tried to keep her balance and grabbed on Glen's arm instead of the knife, leaving another bloody smudge.

"No, we don't share a story," the Ghost replied with a scowl. "Don't even compare yourselves to me," He added with a snort of distain. That was when someone tried to move the knife away. With a scowl, he quickly pressed it closer again to her throat, not allowing it to budge. "How about stop trying to struggle or I'll dig out your eye?" He replied with a hiss. But, as it was, the Ghost had a small problem. And that problem manifested as Glen trying to stop him and take control again. Apparently, he had some kind of feeling for this girl. If I kill her, will you go away? the Ghost mused before his hands suddenly went limp and fell down, the knife clattering on the stone. The Ghost snarled and tried to look around in the darkness for whatever had done that. But he couldn't feel anything. Slowly, he sank to his knees then collapsed entirely, his body going limp as he lost all sensation. "What did you do?!" He managed to hiss, clinging to consciousness.

Edited by pudding

Together with Glen she collapsed on the ground. "I didn't do anything!" Vaguely seeing her surroundings with an hazy mind, she tried to find her footings. Wich was to no avail, she just collapsed again leaving her exhausted. "Raven? Are you alright." She wondered if it was just them or that Raven was affected too. "What the hell is happening" She wondered aloud.

Edited by loviebeest

The soft sound of Hanil's footsteps echoed down the stone corridor. He watched as the other people fell limp around him. Although he felt bad, the mechanic knew this would buy everyone time. With the aid of the multiple filters of his mask, each breath was amplified tenfold. But sound didn't matter any more. Upon reaching Ghost, he crouched down and picked up the bloodied knife. Through the gas mask, his muffled voice could be heard. You take me as a fool. I may not fight, but that doesn't mean I can't end them. he replied.

The Ghost snarled at the engineer and tried to stand back up to fight. Was he stubborn? Of course. This wasn't a part of his plan. And here he was, the higher, better species, thwarted by an ant that he would normally crush under his boot. With a soft groan, he finally collapsed, his golden eyes closing as the drug finally pushed him into unconsciousness.

Raven at first, thought it had been the Resistance, finally come to recapture them. But besides the guards, no one else portably even knew about them. She was the first to have heard the clatter, and then the hiss. She moved further back into the darkness of the hallway. Even so, her mind began to fog, and her vision blurred. She grappled onto conciseness. Then, she was backed up against the wall, with a locked door behind her. A numbness began to fill her, and her legs slipped out from underneath her. She could hear Hanil.

Hanil...

She called weakly. The black wave finally washed over her head, and the world before her was taken as the darkness slammed down over her eyes.

((Timeskip, I guess? Everyone except for Shadow's characters are either falling asleep or sleeping by now.))

Lay could only hear Hanil's voice and some heavy breathing before the darkness overwhelmed her.

((sorry for so short but there is not much else to say. do we have to time-skip again?))

A feeling of guilt washed over Hanil once everything had calmed down. He started with Ghost first and raided the man of his weapons. Then, he cleaned and bandaged any of Glen's injuries. Finally, he blindfolded and tied him up. Better safe than sorry. Even if he didn't participate in the trials, he knew how Vincent nerfed any magicians. He took away their ability to use their senses. As Ghost didn't use his powers with his ability to hear, smell, and touch anything around, Hanil concluded that the man relied on vision. Once finished with the only real threat, he carried Lay back to the infirmary, and let the remaining doctor stitch her up. Raven was alright, so all he had to do was lay her down on a bed. There. Everything was fine now.

---

Mina had finally decided to stop driving when she could no longer sense any form of machinery around her. This happened to be in the middle of the woods, but they were safe. She had finished healing Vincent's wound, pitched the tent she usually used, and started a fire. Mina unrolled her sleeping bag inside the tent and put Vincent in it. Thank God it wasn't winter yet. It would start to get cold in a few weeks. As she tended to the fire, the magician hummed softly. Hopefully the Labyrinth was secure and everyone was safe...

((There we are.))

Edited by shadow_claw

((derp, they walked in a snowstorm to get there. and they are in the middle of new york xd.png. btw I will come online in 4 hours so let Lay sleep for now. ^^))

Raven began to stir. Her primal instincts shoved her back into consciousness. Her limbs still felt as though they were weighed with lead. Groaning, she tried to lift her head. Her golden eyes scanned the room.

Where am I?

Seeing no immediate threat, she allowed herself to relax, for the first time in a long time. Still ready to spring into action, even if she could barely move, she sighed.

Hanil?

((Edit; I'm at school now, so my replies will be probably short, or late. xd.png ))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

The Ghost opened his eyes. Or, at least he thought he did. He couldn't see anything at all. Oh, great. Based on the feel of material around his face, he had been blindfolded. He tried to move his hands, only to find they had been bound as well. Mouth? He opened it a few times to test then smirked. Well, at least he could still taunt them. "Well, aren't you smart?" He asked with a smile. "So now what?" he asked. "I don't suppose you'll just uncover my eyes and untie me so I can carry on with what I was doing earlier?"

Maybe you're just stupid. Hanil stated calmly. There was a soft whirring as he tinkered with the mechanical arm. It was always good to make sure everything was up to date and functional. With Vincent gone, he was able to run things without violence as the main solution. It was nice. It added a bit of confidence to him. Keep talking and I'll gag you as well. Honestly, what sort of idiot would untie The Ghost of all people? No. Hanil planned on throwing the criminal out inn the snow. It wasn't killing, but would keep them safe.

((When stuff is italisized and spaced out like that, Raven is using telepathy to communicate.

She addressed Hanil, shadow. Just so you know. happy.gif ))

"Darn," The Ghost replied with a sigh. Something seemed to register and he moved his head around, trying to listen around the room better."I don't suppose whats-his-face ended up coming back? The one I stabbed? Oh, wait, that's not very specific, is it? Not considering most of New York falls into that category as well." He settled back, resting his back against the wall behind him. "So now what, friend? You didn't stab me in my sleep, much to my surprise.You haven't grown fond of me, have you?"

Hanil lifted his head and turned toward the infirmary. So Raven was up. That was good. He turned back to The Ghost with a sigh. I'm a pacifist. he answered simply. Although he appeared formidable, Hanil was a softie at heart. Any form of bloodshed horrified and disgusted him. I believe people can get a second chance. And you'll be getting one miles away from here. The engineer didn't care to mention that he would be tracking The Ghost with the biomedical data he had gathered. Not that the Ghost needed to know.

"Adorable," the Ghost sneered, slowly rotating his wrists, testing the ropes he had been bound with. "You might want to abandon ship, though. It doesn't matter how far away you throw me. I'll find my way back here one way or another. And casting me out? You'll only give me the opportunity to get back in touch with my friends. Glen may have kept us hidden for a long time but when I want us to be found, we will be. The Ghost is back in charge and it's all thanks to you idiots!" He laughed loudly for several moments before settling back against the wall again with a sigh.

Raven tester out her limbs, the heaviness leaving them. She slowly climbed out of the bed, padding over to Hanil. If she stood too long, her legs would begin to shake, and she'd have to sit.

So what now?

She looked to him expectantly.

We can't exactly leave him here. Or really take him with us anywhere, can we?

The Ghost smiled and shrugged his shoulders slightly as Raven's voice entered his head. "You can't get rid of me without killing me and you can't keep me without me killing you," He replied with a smirk. "And the first option isn't even a good one considering you're a pacifist and Lay would be so heartbroken. But go ahead, I've got all the time in the world to listen to you try to come up with a solution to contain me that won't work. We'll always come back to someone dying one way or another."

((Give me a moment to reply. And raven I want to edit someting in my form. It would explain a bit more about lay I will PM it))

Lay woke up to whisperings. Once she even heard her name. She sat up and rubbed the sleep away from her eyes, only to get rewarded with a stinging feeling in her hands. Everything felt so heavy and slow. She looked around her and saw the group with familiar faces. They were sitting a bit far from her so she decided to speak a bit louder. Her words came out slurred. "Why is Glen bound up like that? I understand the hands because of his behavior. But why the blindfold." She still didn't put the link between the Ghost and Glen.

Edited by loviebeest

The Ghost looked up when Lay's voice entered the fray. Oh, so she was awake as well? "I haven't the faintest idea why they've put a blindfold on me," He replied. Now that he thought about it, Vincent was the first person aside from fellow magic users to escape from him. Everyone else who had seen him or his powers had perished soon after. So why had they covered his eyes? He hadn't even done anything to them with his powers so how could they possibly know to cover his eyes? That was a weakness he kept to himself. Maybe he could use that to his advantage. "Humiliation, I suppose. It's rather rude, to be frank."

((All right. I'll have to address it later when I have more time though.))

Raven had ignored the Ghost's stabs at trying to get in her head. He was just being a censorkip.gif .

He said he wasn't Glen, right? But he still looks like Glen.

She glared at the bound form.

Lay got a bit angry when she heard that. "Than I will take it off, I know it's Glen I have seen him like this before." It almost sounded like she had seen him in a battlefield, while in truth what she had seen was just a flash. She stood up only to end up leaning against the wall for support. She knew this feeling of slowness and imbalance. "Hey, did they drug us." She tought she sounded stupid asking it so late. She didn't wait for an answer and walked slowly to Glen to unbind the blindfold. She suddenly stopped and looked at her hands, when she was close enough to reach out. "When did they fix my cuts?" She asked surprised.

"Of course I look like Glen," The Ghost replied with a snort. Oh, had it worked? Lay certainly seemed to think removing the blindfold would be fine. But she kept hesitating and thing about other things. Great. "I mean, it's still his body," He added as he sat up slightly, pushing his head away from the wall so Lay could undo the blindfold more easily. "I mean, it could be argued which of us is Glen and which is the Ghost. But that's a story for another day, I suppose."