RavenWolf1010

The Magic Apocalypse

((Uhhh.... What? xd.png I got only half of what happened.))

Raven shook her head. censorkip.gif this. I'm done trying to placate this crazy a- people.

(( Sorry for the short reply. I'll add more once I get what's going on.

As for Lay and Glen, go for it. Raven kind of liked Glen, but it's obvious it's not being really reciprocated. tongue.gif

I was going to think of trying to set up Raven with Vincent (getting the OK with pudding first of course), but he seems to have taken interest in Mina?

That leaves Raven all alone. But anyways, I rather let stuff play out. happy.gif ))

((Vincent has always liked Mina. We sort of made up a history where he knows she can use magic but didn't put her through the trials like other people.

As for Glen... he's insane at the moment so I'm not sure a love interest is that good. Plus, there's still Hanil.))

Glen chuckled softly in the cover of the darkness. "Glen's not home at the moment," He replied lightly as he suddenly tightened his grip on the knife. His eyes briefly flickered to where Hanil's voice was coming before his smile widened. "You don't say? I hadn't noticed." He grinned as screams drifted from one of the halls. Ah, that was perfect. He couldn't see without the lights but the sound was enough to guide him. Quickly, he took off running towards the sound of screams. Apparently, the lights exploding had affected other parts of the base. That was probably why people were screaming when he hadn't even shown up yet.

Mina's expression took on a gentleness that she usually didn't wear. It was just an anesthesic. There was no way that she would poison him. After all, Mina was doing all this to keep Vincent safe. The theif unbuckled her seatbelt and carefully took Vincent in her arms. She shushed him as if he was a child, going as far as smoothing his hair with a hand Shh, it's alright. You'll wake up in the morning. I can't let you go back. I...I care too much to let you die when I could've prevented it. Just close your eyes. You'll be safe when you wake up. She soothed. This was the right thing to do. It had to be.

(( Alrighty then. tongue.gif We'll see how it plays out.

Raven is a wolf after all still. ))

Watching Glen now made her hackles raise. All she could think of was a crazed animal, hell bent on killing.

This wasn't going to be something that Lay could handle by herself.

She tore after him, unaffected by the dark. She could still track him through the dark halls by the his scent (or really, the scent of his blood). Dammit Glen. Why'd you have to go bat- censorkip.gif crazy now? He's going to end up killing a bunch of innocent people, and give us an even worse rep. She slid to a stop, now caught up with Glen. A low growl rumbled in her throat. I'm sorry for what I'm about to do you, Glen, but I don't have much of a choice at this point. She sprang, hoping to tackle him to the ground.

((aaahh... but that's the point she doesn't care about that. But I will let her for now just trying to confirm their friendship.))

Lay saw the golden lights dissapear in the darkness. "What did you mean Glen? GLEN!!!" She wanted to run after him but she couldn't move. She didn't notice before but she was scared. Not of the darkness or the screams, but Glen. She tried to move more but the only result was that her legs gave out. She saw two glowing eyes flash by and knew that Raven went after him, wich was a bit of a relief "How can I be afraid of him? It's Glen, the sweet kind Glen." She thought aloud as she felt the the shivers run over her back. "He just doesn't feel right."

The growl was the only warning Glen needed. Reflexes that had been lost briefly but not forgotten allowed him to swiftly drop to the ground so the wolf sprang over him. It was dark so his powers were useless. But he was still armed. His grip on the knife tightened considerably as he closed his eyes. They were useless to him now. He just needed to fight based on sound. "Oh, come on Wolfy. Glen saw that image. You've got the making of a great soldier. You could use a bit more bloodlust, though."

Vincent's hands curled and uncurled into fists as he struggled to fight against the drug. It was useless, really, but that didn't stop him from trying. "Mina," He mumbled, his numb tongue slurring the word. About halfway through her speech, his eyes closed and he relaxed as a dreamless sleep overtook him. His hands fell down with a soft sigh.

While everyone else was Hellbent on losing their minds, Hanil took a logical approach. He had his goggles back on, the lenses giving off a green tint. Night vision. The goggles weren't for show. A panel slid open on his mechanical arm, which the young man type something into. There was an audible click as the doors around them locked. Hanil had initiated lockdown. Nobody could get out or in now.

"I have a blood lust, I just keep it under lock and key. Trust me, you wouldn't like me that angry." She growled again, moving in the shadows. Fate was not in her favor, however. Her long nails clicked against the tiled floors. Sometimes, she wished she could change to a human. Closing her eyes, she inhaled quietly, picturing herself as a human. It was worth a shot. When nothing happened, she grimaced. Raven would have to be quick, and even lighter on her feet. Literally.

This is and isn't Glen you're fighting. You have to be prepared for him to perhaps even try and kill you. She took a stance, watching him. Then, she moved in closer, and threw all her weight against his legs. Somewhere, she heard the metallic clink of what she subconsciously surmised to be someone either shutting doors, or simply locking them.

Lay also heard the click, she didn't know what it was. But she did know one person who could change things in this building. "Hanil?!" She tried to stand up. "Did you do something?" She stood on shaky legs and walked slowly to the place where she last heard Hanil. She maily only walked on touch with her hands in front of her to make sure bumped into nothing. "Where are you?"

The Golden-eyed Ghost inhaled silently through his nose, his head tilted slightly to one side. Raven's claws were a telltale sign of where she was so it was remarkably easy to dodge her next attack and scamper away. He kicked off his boots in the process, leaving him treading almost silently in socks instead of clunking about. "You're just much too loud!" He chided before backing up to what seemed to be a door. There was a click from it and when he tried to test it, he found it locked. "Oh, you naughty boy, Hanil," the Ghost purred. Of course it was him. Who else could it be? "Did you just lock yourself in here with me? How thoughtful. Just stay put, alright? Ghosts always did work better in the darkness."

As expected, Hanil remained silent. He wasn't going to give away his position. Not yet. He knew for a fact that no human could get the metal, reinforced doors open. Not without super-strength or mechanical arms. It would keep the rest of the refugees safe at the very least. Hanil silently slipped a small item from his pocket. He stared down at it, debating what to do. No. Not yet. That was for drastic measures.

((I've still been pretty indecisive about wether or not to have Raven able to shift to a human...

But I think I've decided now. I'll have to edit her form. Hopefully, for the last time.

I'm pretty much happy with her now.))

Raven wasn't going to get anywhere. It was true, she was too loud. Thanks for pointing that out, a small smirk played across her lips. Slowly closing her eyes, she inhaled deeply, focusing all the power she could summon. Human form... Give me a human form... Slowly, bones creaked and began to rearrange themselves. When Raven opened her eyes, she was crouching, just a little closer to the ground than she remembered. She raised her arm, and found fingers instead of a paw. Hell yeah. Raven pulled her knife from the sheath on her leg. The same one she'd used to threaten Vincent the first time.

As a human, her acute senses didn't leave her, but her vision had dimmed slightly. It was enough to still make out Glen's shape in the darkness. "Hey Glen," she called boldly. "I'm not done with you yet."

((Edit; And Raven doesn't know that Glen is no longer Glen. I wasn't not reading your post. tongue.gif ))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

There was a voice that wasn't in his head. But it sounded the same as that stupid wolf's voice. He clicked his tongue softly as he felt the door again then closed his eyes. They still had some lingering attachment to Glen despite how silly that was. And without any light source, he couldn't even see his own hand in front of him. It was impossible for anyone to see without light so they were all blindly walking about without being able to see. Especially now that the doors were closed and cut off. Well, he wasn't stupid. The best course of action at this point was obvious.

The knife clattered to the ground as the Ghost raised his hands in the air. "Fine, I surrender," He replied. He kicked the knife across the floor and it skidded loudly over to Raven's feet. "I may be a warrior but I'm not an idiot. I can see when I'm at a disadvantage."

((You should probably limit her telepathy then since the other characters were limited to only one power. So far, she's got telepathy and shapeshifting and illusions.))

Lay was still walking around in blinding darkness. Before long she bumped into something. The first time she bumped her sheen against a crate, the second time face first into a pillar. The third time was softer and she felt what she bumped into. "Hanil is this you?" she was incredibly oblivious to the situation and didn't know she brought Hanil in danger this way. "Hanil what did you do? Undo it. Now!" She didn't even know what Hanil had done but still she acted like she knew it a bit.

((a bit of comedic relief. ^^))

Edited by loviebeest

(( I'm sorry. You're right. Crud. I thought that the illusions and telepathy tied into one thing. How about, I'll let everyone who has a character that is a magic user, have up to four other powers? Do you think that'd be fair? Or should I just narrow down Raven's?))

Of course she didn't believe she'd won that easily.

She kicked the knife back behind her, and it disappeared into the gloom. It wouldn't be her prints on that knife too. As much as I want to believe that he's given up, I'm not that easily fooled. I've learned my lesson there.

"Smart choice. I knew I was right to never pass you off as a stupid one." She walked over to him, still ready to dodge anything he might try. "Now, as you can see, we have a little problem here. You, just about killed the leader, of a bunch of people, who aren't happy with us to begin with. Just how do you suppose we fix that, besides, killing them all?" Her thoughts drifted to Lay. She didn't want her to see Glen at this point, if she could even call him that anymore.

((I think it's easier to narrow them down. One magic ability seems best and makes it so regular people actually have a shot.))

The Ghost smirked and shrugged his shoulders slightly, continuing to hold his hands out. "I don't know," He replied. "Genocide sounds pretty delightful to me. It's not like they have a chance anyway. Just a bunch of miserable cockroaches scrambling about and fighting about things that don't really matter. I'm just an exterminator. You want sympathy? Ask someone else. I suppose you could always make me go through that stupid trial sequence or whatever. But, oh, wait. I stabbed the man who runs them. Nevermind~"

((Alright. I'll work on doing that then.))

"I'm not a human. I don't believe in those ridiculous trials. That's the problem with humans. They are most often corrupt." She shook her head. "I suppose you're right. But that isn't for us to decide now is it? And I've had quite enough of genocide." She replied darkly. "More or less, I'm trying to help you save your neck, if you care. Your pretty much in the heart of a place filled with people that want to kill you. So if you want to get out of here as bad as me, and probably my friends, it'd serve you best to at least try and work with me. We're out numbered."

Lay didn't even bother anymore. She pushed away wathever she bimped against and walked to where they were talking. The voices got more distinct the closer she got. She frooze again when she heard Glen talk. She was still afraid of Glen. No I'm not afraid of him, I'm afraid of the way he's acting. She pushed herself forward. Not listening to what they said exactly. Getting very close without herself noticing. "Are you both here." She grabbed in the dark and felt some kind of fabric. What she didn't know was that it was a sleeve. "Who is this?"

The Ghost's smile grew as he closed his eyes and leaned against the door. "But I don't care," he replied, gesturing to the girl. He suddenly smiled as something dawned on him. "Oh," He said, raising a hand to his mouth dramatically then dropping it to his chest and shaking his head slightly. "You don't know, do you?" He tutted softly, shaking his head as he did so. A hand tugging at his sleeve caused the man to grin and suddenly lash out to grab Lay's wrist. His other hand quickly reached into his jacket to pull out the small knife Glen had used for finding food. Hell, he'd fight with a piece of glass if he had to. "It's not Glen," He replied, trying to drag her close to him to use as a hostage.

Lay was suprised in the least when her wrist got grabbed. She resisted immediatly, to no use. A moment later she felt something cold against her troath, no doubt something sharp. "Than who is this, you voice is the same as that of Glen." She tried to move when the same feeling of fear from earlier grabbed hold of her. With that feeling she realized something. "You are Glen. But you are just acting strange." She herself was suprised that her voice sounded so strong when she was filled with fear.

Edited by loviebeest

((Going to stop and wait for shadow after this post))

"That's just boring," The Ghost cooed as he began to back against the wall, slowly carrying Lay to the corner to protect his back from attack. "It's not fun if I tell you my backstory. I don't think so." He smiled and pressed the blade slightly closer to her throat. "All you need to know is that I'm not Glen. He's still here but I'm not him."

Raven was ready to lash out, but something stopped her. With Lay's appearance the mood had subtlety changed. It dawned on Raven, that she'd dealt with this kind of person before, or so she at least thought. While the man was unpredictable himself, his behavior patterns, were exactly that, behavior. He was cocky, and, of course, uncaring. Spiteful, was what Raven really labeled him as. Wolves could be just as bad as humans sometimes. "If you don't care, why haven't you killed us all yet? Why bother taking her hostage?" She raised a brow. While his theatrical gestures had been lost to her in the dark, she could still hear them in his voice, just as she now did.

Raven was indeed, playing a dangerous game. If she surmised right however, what she was doing, would hopefully have the desired effect. At the mention of his back story, she laughed. "Don't we all have a story around here? It's all pretty much the same, isn't it?" He golden eyes flashed in the dark. "Our families had been taken from us, or your whole damn species in my case. We've been hunted down, betrayed, take your pick. It's all the same in one way or another. We are all, in a more indirect way or another, heading towards the same end goal, aren't we?"

((Edit; I'm heading to bed now. Try not to go too far without me?

Some of us have school tomorrow too, with limited time to post until after... And then some of us have sports to go to as well. tongue.gif

Yay for weekdays. dry.gif ))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Lay listened to Raven as if she talking to her and held that as a place of safety in her head. When raven was done talking than she started to focus more on how she was going backwards. If it's wasn't Glen holding her hostage than who was it. She tried to look up too see the face of her captor. She couldn't look up, at least not without hurting herself on the knife. She tried again this time ignoring the pain. What she saw were the same Golden eyes Glen had. But she noticed something what she didn't notice in her state of madness. The eyes glowed more and were golden. She quickly looked down and hissed when she finnally noticed the cut she created herself. But she had decided to ignore that. Because she had seen those eyes before. It was before the war, thay were hanging out together. Glen was being mopey again when a stranger started insulting him. That was when she had seen those eyes, it was only a flash. It was barely a moment, but she remembered.

((I hope this is alright pudding. This will be my last post for today. I just pulled an allnighter. It's that I have a free day but tonight (tomorrow for you) I have to work so I don't know how long I will be online.))

((Yes, that still works based on the Ghost's backstory [As long as it was right before the war]. I'm not actually going to be posting right now since I need to go to bed and I don't want to move on without shadow.))

For a long time, there was naught but silence from Hanil. This was because he was coming up with a plan. He had several options, but only one would let him get out alive. His gaze flickered to the small device in his hand. There was a soft shuffle as he reached for his gas mask, and then more silence. What came next was the sound of a metal object sliding against stone. Then, his contraption hissed as a narcotic was released into the air. Hanil slipped his gas mask on, and then waited to see what happened next.