RavenWolf1010

The Magic Apocalypse

((yeah finnally Raven in the spotlight, that hasn't really been happening much until now.))

As soon as Glen had run out on them the fear became less. Sure it was still there but now it had became a fear that drived her to run. She stood up and started running after everyone else. She couldn't really keep up too them as she was battling with her mind as not too go insane. When she tought she was out of harms way she saw the rooms collapse where they were just a minute ago. Oh god. I caused this, if I just hadden't touched that blindfold. Everything could have been fine. She wanted to huddle herself as she felt guilty and a headache popped up. If she hadn't heard Raven talk like a maniac she probably would have. She began to ran to the sound and saw the three of them and then the eyeballless corpse of someone on the ground. She looked at Glen running away. She had often seen corpses because of the war so it was nothing new. Only this time she didn't have anything to keep her mind in check or calm. No, no, no, this isn't what I want to see. I will just be a coward again not being able to do something. She felt near her breaking point when she heard Raven. Lay just started to run, after Glen or whoever it was now. She didn't want to be involved with this fight. Her mind was already enough of a battle for her. But she at least wants to know where they were planning to go. I need to get to my camp. Sword or medicine I don't care. She became more panicked as she heard debris falling. She kept running until she saw golden eyes again, this time one being bloody. She couldn't move again as soon as she saw them.

Edited by loviebeest

As Ghost started running, Hanil bolted after him. He swatted the corpse to the side with his right arm as he ran. The body slammed into the wall with a startling force. He was done with people pushing him around. Everyone else was busy losing their minds, while he was finally going to take a stand. At this moment did the weakened ceiling collapse upon him. There was a few moments of silence, until he literally tore his way out of the rubble. Although he was no injured, Hanil didn't stop his pursuit. Ghost was going to be stopped if it was the last thing he did.

No you aren't. I have a score to settle with the censorkip.gif***. Namina growled. And she didn't stop until she was a few meters from the base's entrance. Even from where she sat, she could see tunnels collapsing. Other than that, the destruction was minimal. We mighta shown up just in time. C'mon Mina unsheathed her machete and darted into the tunnels.

The Ghost suddenly stopped and turned around, reaching a hand out for Lay's neck. The malicious intent in his eyes did not increase, however, his hand stopped several inches from her neck as if there was a barrier around it. The Ghost looked mildly confused but any attempt to actually grab her only made his hand wildly shake. "Just give up," The Ghost hissed to himself before looking up as Hanil began sprinting towards them. Quickly, he turned and darted away from Lay, digging his finger nails into the skin of his arm as he ran. How did these tunnels even work?! He couldn't make any sense of them.

Vincent looked over at Namina when she refused to pull over. What had the Ghost done to her? They seemed to have a past but he didn't know it. Actually, he didn't know a lot about Mina. But that didn't stop him from opening the door and hurrying after her into the tunnels. Hopefully the damage was minimal and they still had a change to stop this lunatic.

As Mina ran, electricity built in the air. There was a small flash of lighting every once in a while that streaked through the air. Even her machete sparked occasionally. One thing was for sure; Mina was looking forward to this fight. She turned a corner, her eyes literally lighting up at the sight of her target. Hey censorkip.gif***! Miss me? Namina raised a hand towards Ghost. Automatically did a bolt of lighting escape from her hand and rocket at het target. This was going to be fun.

The Ghost stopped short when his path was suddenly blocked by the woman from earlier who had taken Vincent away. He had to be careful around her. He could still remember meeting her for the first time. It was thanks to her tricks that he had degraded back into Glen. The Ghost's eyes suddenly widened when a bolt of lightning rocketed out of her hand. Before he had time to properly respond, the lightning had reached him. With a cry of pain, the Ghost doubled over and collapsed on his knees, his body sparking. "You censorkip.gif*," He hissed back. Even if he had had time to respond to the lightning, he couldn't have destroyed it. Electricity was one of the few things that his power didn't affect very well.

Raven followed after the rest of the group. She skidded to a stop, seeing the doctor. All her fur stood on end as a bolt of electricity danced through the air, heading right for Ghost. That's perfect.... Energy... He can't destroy energy. She began to think more. What about fire?

((I'm still working on her form, but I'm adding a "human" character. She'll be there at the base already, if that's ok? I'll be happy to change it if it's not. smile.gif ))

Roxanne fiddled with her knife. She'd snapped the blade from the handle. Frowning, the girl set it on the table beside her bed. It was a cheaply made Resistance knife anyway. She pulled her legs up from the floor, and now laid on her back looking up at the ceiling. Her thoughts were beginning to drift. I'll kill them all, She thought darkly. They'll pay for what they've done. For all of what they've done. Every last one. Her fists clenched.

But then the light in her room flickered. She raised a brow and sat up. The hair on her arms stood on end. What the hell?

((If she is actually human, it’s fine. If she’s not human, she shouldn’t be at the base.))

((As far as she knows, she she's a full human. She can't use powers or anything, yet. But what her parents neglected to tell her before they were killed, was that her mother was actually a socerer, which is why her family was killed (by other sorceres). She had only escaped the same fate because she'd been at a friends house. Is that ok still? Or do you not want her at the base? I just thought because she thinks she's a human and can't really use her powers that'd it be interesting to have her at the base. But the Resistance is your thing, so I'm happy to move her, like I said. happy.gif ))

((That should be fine, then. The tests wouldn't work if she didn't know/can't use her abilities.))

A sneer curled on Mina's lips as Ghost fell. Even if she was no physicist, she knew energy couldn't be destroyed. As energy was her weapon, Ghost could do nothing about it. Spinning the machete in her hand, she suddenly threw it at him. Whaddya say, round two? This time, your personality is gonna be not more than a stain in Glen's memory. Her words brought back both good and bad memories.

((Flashback! Pudding, feel free to play your characters))

The engine of an old, green truck puttered as it pulled up to the only patch of clear ground. The rest of it was littered with debris and chunks of a mountain that once stood nearby. It had taken her ages to find the base. "The Order of Magicians" as they called themselves, were good at hiding. Well, they were good at hiding from humans. Namina Waltz was no human. The thief turned off the truck and stepped out of it. Her aqua eyes scanned the area. She knew it was here. Where were they?

((I think I'm getting repetive with Lay. Any ideas to avoid that? btw when you add roxannes can you also put my changes in the post and that from namina isn't in there either ^^.))

Lay could only look in fear when Ghosts hand came closer. I'm done for, I'm absolutely done for. She tought she would be strangled, or dissapear like the other things. Out of fear she closed her eyes. But nothing happened. Instead she only heard Footsteps running towards her and from her. She heard voices in the darkness she created. So she opened her eyes to only having to close it again for a bright light. Shocked she fell to the ground and saw that girl again, the one who started everything. The fear still hold her and she only wanted to hide blaming herself of everything, feeling like a coward as on the same day she lost everything. I should have let him be taken, I should have let him walk away. I shouldn't have entered that room or go to that sound. I shouldn't have accepted that job. I want to hide in the darkness where nothing will see me, nothing will find me, nothing will bother me. She looked at the lights on the ceiling. Darkness, I need darkness to hide. She looked at where Hanil was standing and yelled at him. "Hanil what generates the energy for the lights here. Where is it?"

The Ghost managed to fix his gaze on the knife despite the pain. As soon as it came within twenty feet of his body, the end suddenly warped and a chunk of the blade collapsed on itself. When it struck him, the knife was dulled enough that it bounced off and did little more than leave a bruise on his shoulder. He wheezed and slowly struggled to stand. “You’re going to have to try a lot harder to shake me off. You are responsible for this in the first place, you know. If you hadn’t killed him, none of this would have happened!”

Standing watch as horribly dull. While most of the magicians were plotting their next move to take down the English government and how to cross the seas to Europe, he was stuck guarding the not-so-obvious gate. Of course, the meetings were dull too. But the better question was why he had to guard a gate that wasn’t even that obvious. Who would ever think to look at a tree for the entrance to a secret fort? Moreover, who would think to look up at the branches for where the guards kept watch

“Hey,” His close friend and fellow guardian of the gate hissed, nudging him softly. “Someone’s here.” Glen-or the Ghost as he was now known as-opened his eyes and looked down from his perch. “I’ve got dibs,” his friend called as he lept down to the ground.

“No fair!” The Ghost replied back immediately but stood by to watch anyway as his friend landed in front of the girl, sword drawn. Actually, now that he thought about it, he didn’t know what his friend’s power was. He never saw him during the fight for New York and when he saw him spar, he always used a weapon. Whenever he asked, his friend only smiled and shushed him. Maybe he’d finally have a chance to see.

“State your business, sweetheart.”

Mina grinned at Ghost, her eyes flashing dangerously. Ever heard of a diversion? As soon as she spoke did Hanil throw himself at Ghost to tackle the man. Namina wasn't stupid. She might've had her favorite weapon destroyed, but she could get another one later. He shouldn't have tried to get that intel. I'm the only one that'll ever know about them!

The woman watched calmly as a shape dropped from a nearby tree and approached her. She smirked at him and shut the door of the truck. I'm reviving a lost concept. Commerce. I have censorkip.gif you probably don't. Care to trade? she answered casually. She walked to the covered back of her truck, unlocked it with her keys, and lofted the cover. Inside was a neatly organized collection of products. Anything can be negotiable. Minus the lock box. That's a secret.

"Why?" His friend cooed, walking over to the truck. "I mean, I do have orders to kill anyone who comes here without permission. How'd you find this place anyway? Did someone tell you?"

What was he doing? Glen frowned as he watched the two, his grip on the blade tightening. He should've just killed her already. Why were they talking?

The Ghost wheezed as his chin slammed into the floor. Immediately, he began struggling under Hanil's weight, trying to escape. "He was my friend!" The Ghost hissed back, his one eye closed as blood began to drip from his eye. The topic was obvious a sore point for him.

Mina rolled her eyes at the stranger. She grabbed the lock box and held it under an arm. Whatever was inside it had to be light. You wanna know so badly? Fine. They're maps. Maps of the continent and of the old roads. It's not all that great. It's just to help me get around. she answered. She decided it was best not to mention the bases marked on them. That could lead to problems. I told you; I'm a traveling businessman. I'm neutral to both parties.And, it's best if you don't attack me. I'm here on peaceful terms.

The woman stalked forward, crouching down to look Ghost in the eyes. You don't have friends. she whispered. Nobody trusted you back then either. He shouldn't have crossed me. I was being peaceful until he attacked. She reached out a hand and slowly wiped the blood that leaked from one eye. I warned him. And I'm sorry he wouldn't listen. But it's not my fault.

Glen's friend eyed the lockbox then held out his hand. "It would really be better if you just handed those over. I'll let you go off with a warning this time but maps are very useful. They're scarce now and would help us quite a bit with invasion plans. So, if you kindly."

The Ghost hissed back at her and resumed trying to shake Hanil off his back. His breathing had become incredibly shaky at this point and he forced his bleeding eye open again. The golden iris had become almost entirely consumed by red as he glared at her malevolently. "I still have friends," He snarled. "I just need to find them again."

Raven had disapeared into the gloom. She saw that she would no longer be very useful there, as Mina had Ghost. I have to find a way out of here... All the doors were locked. She worked her way along the wall, then found a grate. Testing it carefully, she tried to work it away from the wall. Her claw caught hold of the metal. She tried to peel it back, but the vent grate held fast. Try another approach, she threw her body at the grate. It bent inwards, and parts holding it onto the wall bowed out. Now she could get a better grip. She worked the metal away from the wall, clawing and tearing at it. The metal groaned, and finally began to peel back. Once there was enough of the vent uncovered, she slipped through.

The vent was costed in dust, but as she worked her was further in, the dust thinned out. Following the path of the duct, she came to another grate. This proved to be more challenging to get through, even if she was pushing out. After struggling for a few minutes, she pushed the grate free of the walls. It fell with a clatter to the ground. Raven flinched, but when no one came, she kept moving. Her legs were cramped from being packed into the little space, but other than that, she was ok. Lets find the electical controls around here... In truth, the canine had no idea where she was. But, she had a pretty strong intuition., and hopefully, that would help.

-------

Roxy heard a clatter. She sat up slowly, reaching for the knife strapped to her thigh. It was one she never took off. It was her fathers hunting knife. It had a wicked sharp blade, which she'd leanrned the hard way, more than once. It was such a fine cut, that you wouldn't know you had been cut until the blood began to drip from the wound.

Moving from the bed, she opened her door quietly, and peered out into the hall.

((Unless someone wants to track down Raven or something, I guess I'll just kind of RP with my self until I can find a spot to work her in.))

When Hanil didn't anwser her she went her own way. She went in hall after hall, looking for darkness to hide just like that day. After trying multiple doors she sat down in the brightly light hall. She didn't know what to do, she was afraid and paranoid she could be attacked any moment. "In the darkness I will be save I'm sure." She said aloud. "At least till I'm with a normal mind." Tough she never really knew when she went completly mental, she did know when she wasn't calm in mind. After a while she stood up again, fearing for her safety. She tried more doors until she came across a broken crate. "Something is here, I have to hurry." She didn't even know if she was saying it or thinking it. In the end she got lucky a several doors later, it was open. She went inside and immediatly searched for a switch to turn off the lights. It took a moment to realize that there was no switch. But there where boxes, many, many boxes. "This must be a storage room. Why unlocked?" She didn't hover on the question long when she noticed boxes with a cross on it. "MEDICINE!!!" She realized that maybe her medicine would be in there, so she searched. After a while she found the right capsules. There wasn't much of it and it was the weakest kind, but it was enough. With shaking hands she pushed the capsules out of the package and swallowed them. "Now just wait, just wait. Soon your mind will be clear again." She sat there in front of the boxes waiting till the medicine would kick in. Looking around her she saw many things stored in boxes. Which under weapons. "Not my weapons, not slayer. But better something than nothing." She looked at the boxes discussing with herself if she should leave the safe spot. Still not thinking clear as the medicine hadn't kicked in.

((I forgot to add in the form that when she is mental she is a coward, paranoid, and lacks self-confidence.))

Namina's icy blue gaze hardened as her maps were requested. Her grip subconsciously tightened on the lock box as well. Instead of lashing out, however, she smiled. Sorry, they're non-negociable. It's against my standards as a businessman to encourage each party I trade with to battle. Giving you these would do that. Now I'm going to give you one warning: lay off about the maps. Even as her voice grew stern, Mina's smile remained. She had potential customers, after all. It was best to keep up a good appearance.

Calmly, the thief slipped one of her handguns from its holster. As she checked to see it it was loaded, Hanil's metal arm hooked around Ghost's neck. He wasn't going to give up that easily. Not anymore. Mina turned her gaze back to Ghost, her face firm. She slowly raised the gun and pressed it against his forehead. Give me one reason why I shouldn't kill you right now. You're an insult to all Magicians. You and all your rebel allies created anarchy and slaughtered millions. For what? An endless war that'll end in blood?

The medicine had finnally kicked in. She was ready to move armed and all. "If needed I will shoot his legs as long as Glen comes back." She didn't know how but if needed she would force it. Somewhere in her mental state she had realized that it wasn't Glen but the Ghost that was using the body. It had taken her long enough. She also didn't know what was going on in the hall since she had fled before the attack on Ghost. She ran down the hall the way she had come from, while fiddling with putting the new found gun in the holster. She also took a few knives and a large sword that almost looked the same as slayer. It only missed the silver sheen. When she arrived at the hall she originally fled, she saw Ghost on the floor with a gun on his head. The holder of the gun was that girl from earlier again. Oh no, I won't let you shoot. She grabbed her gun and aimed it at the girl. She made sure she was loud and clear. "Hey! I don't mind you killing Ghost. But try not to kill Glen's body in the process of it."

Edited by loviebeest

"Sorry," Glen's friend replied lightly. But in the next second, his hand was on his sword. He drew it quickly and aimed a quick swipe at Mina's shoulder. "But that's something that I simply can't let go. You'll have to understand. Nothing personal."

The Ghost bit back a growl but it only took a few seconds for him to smile again. In fact, he burst out laughing. "You should've covered my eyes," he replied as he looked sideways. The sides of the tunnel vanished in on themselves and the roof immediately began to fall, threatening to crush them all. The Ghost coughed up blood briefly then collapsed limply in Hanil's grip, his eye bleeding more profusely now.

Raven swore under her breath as she caught her already injured side on the jagged metal. Blood dripped steadily from the open wound. With a sigh, the canine kept moving, leaving behind droplets of blood as she went. Control room... There should be a control room somewhere... She passed by a series of closed doors. On the other side, she sensed humans. Since no one was in the halls, she could only assum it was late at night.

Finally, she stumbled across a room with a sign that said- Authorized Acsess Only Keep Out. Raven tried her luck with the door to no avail. Growling in frustration, she kept moving down the hall. When she collided head on with the guard, she nearly yelpled in surprise. The man was just as startled. He was just about to yell out, but Raven acted on instinct. Not wanting to kill him, she chose the latter, and shoved him back against a wall. His head collided with a sharp crack.

Sorry...

She checked him over to make sure he would be ok. Besides a raging headache later, he'd live. Then, Raven took to searching his pockets until she found keys. Now she encountered another problem. How was she supposed to unlock the door?

------

Roxy was moving quietly through the corridors. Her boot would on occasion either slip, or stick to the ground. She looked down. There was a dark crimson liquid smudged on the floor. Blood... They were odly in the shape of paw prints. Big paw prints. When she heard a loud crack, she froze. Something was going on. Peering around the corner, she gasped quietly in surprise. There, stood a large black dog. And next to it, an dead guard. No, not dead, She could see his chest rise and fall ever so slightly. Just unconscious. She turned her attention back to the canine. It'd pulled keys from the man's pocket. What would a dog want with keys?

-----

Raven looked up. She could smell someone else. Her gold eyes slowly scanned the room before settling on a girl. Her maw pulled back, but she stopped. Maybe this girl could help her. Picking up the keys, she carried them over to her, wagging her tail slowly.

Roxy was quite surprised upon the wolf's approach. She picked up the keys heasitantly. The dog began to dance away, back down the hallway with the blood. She noticed the other bloodied paw prints, and then saw the open wound on her side. "What happened to you?" The dog didn't answer. Like I'd expect it to? Roxanne shook her head, and began to follow the wolf. She was lead to a door that had restricted written all over it. The dog sat before the door, looking up at her expectantly. Roxy looked back at it. "I can't go in there." The dog began to whine. Rolling her eyes, the girl stuck the key into the lock and turned. The canine then slapped a paw down on the handle, and pushed open the door.

Roxy was astounded. She stood there dumbly for a few moments, but then followed the wolf in. "What are you doing?!" She hissed quietly. The room had red and green flashing lights on a layout that looked like half the building. The building that they were in. The dog went to work, hurriedly scanning it over, as if she actually could understand it. "I'm going crazy."

Raven looked up at the girl.

No you're not.

She then turned back to the panel of flashing lights. She began to hit switches, and the green lights turned red. The lights that shone in the hall flickered off. Perfect. Now the Ghost won't be able to see. I just hope Hanil, Mina, and Lay are prepared.

Lay heard the ghost laughing and was actually not afraid this time. Probably a sign the medicine works. She quickly walked around the group, still aiming at the girl, to get a better look when she heard him say that. The walls had already vanished when she saw his uncovered eyes. "****!!!" was the only thing she could say before the roof began collapsing on itself. She looked now at the limp ghost and holstered her gun again. Quickly running over she began to speak. "You can let him go now." She looked at the girl. "And holster that gun he is no threath now. We have to move." She reached out to grab Hanil's arm and remove it. The lights went out when she touched his mechanical arm. "Hanil... did I touch something wrong?"