RavenWolf1010

The Magic Apocalypse

Raven smiled. "It was your orders they responded to. That's why I'm talking to you." She sneered at the men. "I'm sorry about your friends and family, if you even care. I'm no stranger to watching them being killed in front of you, seeing as how I'm the last wolf around. It was the humans, and the sorcerers alike, that killed them." She looked to Lay for a few seconds. "I'm happy to help you humans against the magic users. I know not all humans are bad. I know that your kind can be stupid. But the socerers had no reason to murder my kind." She laughed again. "Now as you can see, I'm not very good at making friends. And could perhaps use you to help me plead my case. I want to reclaim the world from them as much as your little resistance of humans. And think what you may, I'm not a sorceress. I'm just a wolf trying to survive. Too much talk now, let's hurry up an decide." Raven looked to the men again, then sheathed her knife, taking a step back, and rasing her hands. She still stood behind Vincent, ready to move as he did, incase he ordered them to fire again.

Vincent smirked slightly as he turned his head to look at the wolf over his shoulder. "I've dealt with enough of your kind but if you'd like to think that you're somehow different than any other shapeshifter, you're mistaken." He looked down at the girl having an asthma attack then gestured to the men surrounding them. "We're moving out."

"But sir," one of them protested. "What about the sorcerer?"

"I said, we're moving out," Vincent repeated, a great deal more harshly than before. The group flinched then quickly gathered around, two taking ahold of the cart and pulling it away. Vincent started to walk with it, keeping pace with it so Lay didn't have to let go of his sleeve.

((Do you mind timeskipping to the place or did you have another idea?))

((Timeskip Is fine. smile.gif ))

Raven shook her head. "It's simple a trick of the eyes, is what you see." Raven clamped down on her arm, and for a moment, her form seemed to glitch out, and she stood as a wolf, biting her foreleg, and then she appeared as a human again. "I'm still a wolf." Raven turned, and walked alongside the cart, keeping a close eye on Lay, and Glen. "Thank you." She said quietly to Vincent as they headed out.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

((I think timeskipping is a good idea at this point. allow me.))

It seemed like hours before the strange buzzes around her grew louder and the more contours were moving. She was still in a daze softly breathing with difficulty. She didn't know how long it had really taken to arrive since she often had black outs. Whenever everything turned black she would be rudenly awakened and just see striking green spots in the blurr around her. Immediatly after she would hear that strangely familiar voice screaming at her. And at those moments she tried to cluch harder at that little peace that kept her sane. She just hoped op medicine soon for her nothing else mattered now.

((with rude awakening I mean little slaps on the face and calling her name and the like. I know he tries to help and is gentle to friends. don't know if he considers her a friend yet.))

Edited by loviebeest

Now this was just getting silly. They had managed to give her the medicine immediately upon arriving in the base whose doorway was hidden by a collection of bolders. But she had yet to wake up. "Lay?" He called out, giving her shoulder a little shake. The part of the base they had been sectioned off into was deserted aside for himself, the two unconscious people and the wolf. Oh, and of course, the doctor. The room itself was completely barred as a precaution with all sorts of traps devised for those who tried to escape. The only other way out was a small door that led to the cells where they kept prisoners. The humans Vincent had mentioned saving were nowhere in sight and the guards had all vanished. While he tried to wake Lay, the helpful doctor was tending to the other man he had brought in. Glen or whatever his name was.

"You should really let her rest," The doctor said as Vincent gave her cheek a small slap. The blonde man looked over at the older doctor with a frown then reluctantly released Lay's shoulders.

(( Here we go

Username: claw

Name: Hanil Terrinol

Appearance: Hanil is pretty average for a person. He stands at five-foot-ten, and weights 170 pounds. He has deep green eyes and coal black hair. Hanil's skin is deeply tanned and usually dirty. Pretty normal, right? Except, one of his arms are robotic. Other than that, he wears a bomber jacket over a black tee shirt and a pair of jeans. Occasionally, he also wears a gas mask and a pair of aviator's goggles.

Personality: Hanil is shy and quiet, and would much rather be working on his machines than talking to people. He startles easily and seems pretty skittish, but can be cheerful and bubbly if he feels safe. For obvious reasons, this usually doesn't happen.

History: He grew up with his father, a famous inventor, learning how to program and work on machines thanks to his tech-savvy father and brothers. Although born without a right arm, he and his brothers constructed and programmed an arm for him. Once things started to go south in the country, Hanil packed up whatever equipment he could (which ended up being a good bit) and fled New York.

Other: He carries a variety of strange contraptions with him at all times. Cupcakes.))

Raven stood quietly, glaring at anyone who came too close. She studied the happenings around here, taking metal notes that might prove to be useful later. Seeing a man approach Glen, she approached him, appearing in her natural form. He may have been a doctor, but she still didn't exactly trust him. Sitting beside Glen, she watched Vincent try to wake Lay, as well as occasional looked over to the man tending to Glen. For once, she was well behaved.

((Edit; Accepted Shadow. smile.gif ))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

She felt the burning sensation eb away. This is strange, an asthma attack is never over on itself. She tried to breath normally as the medicine took effect. She didn't even know if she took any medicine, it sure felt like she did. Lay heard people talking as she slowly realized what happened. She sighed once, she sighed twice. She could breath normally again. Glen!! Raven!! Out of pure worry she sat straight up and looked around her. She saw Raven at Glen's side. Thank goodness, they look fine. And that's when the pain hit. She buckled over and grabbed her chest. "****, too fast. Breathe slowly." She started talking to herself again. "Let your lungs get used to the air." She breathed in slowly and smiled oblivious to her surroundings as also the pain ebbed away.

((Is there anyone I can interact with? If so, where are they?))

((They are at a refugee camp. you can be one of the techs there? Vincent is the leader an we are prisoners. you dropped by at exactly the right point ^^))

Edited by loviebeest

((We were just time skipping to the base. They're all in the medical bay now [fyi Raven, they haven't seen anyone else yet. The refugees are in a different area]. Also, Raven, did you put Vincent's thing on the front page? It'll shed some light onto the deals of the base.))

((I haven't yet. Sorry. xd.png

Just did.

And weren't there doctors checking Lay and Glen over? That's who I was referring to.))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

((I can find a way to fit Hanil in, then.))

There came a soft rustle as a new person slipped into the tent (I'm assuming it's a tent since it's a refugee camp). Footsteps against the solid earth grew louder as the newcomer approached. A rustle as yet another flap was pushed revealed a rather intimidating figure. A young man with a metallic arm, wearing a gas mask and a pair of goggles. There was a slight pause until both the goggles and the mask was removed. The man who wore such intimidating objects was anything but a threat. Oh my...I'm sorry if I'm intruding on anything. You said you needed something repaired, Doctor? A tap on the robotic arm had a panel slide back to reveal an arsenal of tools. Clearly he did this often. Even so, Hanil couldn't help but glance around nervously as he collected any needed tools and slipped them into the utility belt around his waist. Lots of armed men in the room meant there was a problem. What had he just walked into?

Edited by shadow_claw

((No, just the one.

Also, it's underground to prevent the sorcerers from finding it. Like a big labyrinth. I'll fit it in, though.))

Vincent looked surprisingly relieved when Lay sat up, even if she did immediately hunch over. "Easy," He muttered, quickly beckoning the doctor over to her and stepping back and turning to the large, heavy door as it was opened. A glimpse of the guards standing outside could be seen before the young man entered. "No, that was me," He replied with a smile. "It's...Hanil, correct?"

((And now I know who Vincent is. I thought it was a randomly added person. And yes Raven they were checking us but she is a bit concentrated on correcting her mind.))

Easy? He doesn't need to tell me to take it easy. Lay stepped out of the bed and pushed the docter coming to her aside away. Everything went a bit wobbly but she managed. She walked straight up to Vince and the new guy. Her smile had long dissapeared as she understood that she was in the camp. "Vince I want to know what you are planning to do now you got us here." She half ignored the tall guy and just smiled a greeting. She did stare for a moment at the arm but continued to glare at Vincent.

Edited by loviebeest

Raven's attention turned to the man entering. She rose to her paws, her head lifted, and her ears perked. A low growl rumbled in her thoart, and she put herself between the new arrival, and then the injured duo, Glen and Lay.

((I have to go swim the 200 Breastroke. Wish me luck. happy.gif ))

Hanil looked up from what he was doing as another man spoke, a wrench still clasped in his real hand. He remained silent for a few seconds as if he was a deer caught in headlights. He didn't much like having eyes on him. It was always so unnerving. The man blinked rapidly, and then nodded. Yes sir, I'm Hanil. In his left hand, he twirled the wrench in his fingers, and spu it from his thumb to his pinkie multiple times. It was a nervous habit of his. A few seconds of this and he slid the wrench into the last open slot in his belt. It's not often I get called here...is there faulty equipment? Even if Hanil was the best engineer in the camp, he didn't see the interior of the medical bay often. Nobody but the staff and the patients ever went inside. That was just how it worked. As more eyes fell on him, the poor man blanched. Even if he was tan from all his working in the sun, he went as white as a sheet in an instant. They were mages, weren't they? Not a day went by when Hanil was confused for a mage. After all, he could do a whole lot with his mechanical arm that normal people couldn't. The young man averted his gaze, suddenly very interested in inspecting his shoes. H-He's...going to- Hanil stopped short, choking on his own words before he could finish speaking. It was no secret he made excuses to avoid the executions and never participated in the mock trial. He was a gentle soul and couldn't stand bloodshed.

Edited by shadow_claw

"Relax," Vincent quickly replied, holding out his hands to pacify the entire group. So many questions. At least the man wasn't awake yet or there would be another person yelling at him. "There's only one that's proven to be a sorcerer. The rest still have to be tested. That's why I called you here. As soon as they're well, I want the Lay and....whatever his name is to go through the trials. Unfortunately, they've suffered a bit of wear after our last visitor turned out to be able to shoot fireballs from his hands. I was hoping you could repair them with me." He turned to Lay, a smile growing on his face. "The pet name is appreciated but please, it's Vincent. And you'll stay here to heal. Then, you'll be tried for witchcraft. If you pass, you'll be sent off to trial. We're a democracy here, you see. The people will determine the penalty. That's why I didn't kill your friend over here first." He gestured idly to the wolf. Which, actually, had yet to be treated. He just remembered that. "Doctor, can you help our little guest here? She got herself injured."

Raven looked to the doctor, obvious hate in her eyes. However, she allowed herself to be treated, carefully watching his every move.

((Two minutes until i swim. I'm nervous. >.< ))

"Oh like so many guilty people died in the last witchhunt."She said sarcasticly. "And I think that she told you more often that she is a wolf and not a sorcerer." She let her right hand rest on her hip out of habit and felt an empty holster. "And Vince, if you finnally discover that we are also no sorcerers can I then have my gun back?" She smiled innocently at him clearly pretending she heard nothing about his name. "I can say for myself that I'm human and I have Glen known for years. You would think I would notice if he was a sorcerer." Then she looked quickly at Raven and wondered why she was so obidient. After that she looked at the new guy. "Hi I'm Lay nice to meet you... Hansil if I heard correctly." and she half ignored Vincent.

((break a leg. Don't you dare to take that litterly.))

Edited by loviebeest

Shyness quickly devolved into anxiety as Vincent spoke. What?! He was no doctor! He was just a mechanic! And inventor, and engineer, and programmer...But that wasn't the point! Hanil snapped his head up to stare wide-eyed at Vincent. What was Vincent trying to do exactly? None of these people were machines! He only knew the philosophical concept of anatomy! B-But sir...I'm a mechanic, not a doctor...I-I don't know if that's a good idea... Hanil answered shakily. There's quite a difference between medicine and machines, sir. His nervous emerald gaze darted away from Vincent and settled on another person. A girl who had said his name wrong. She said her name was Lay. I-It's Hanil, ma'am. Hansil is the fairy-tale.

Edited by shadow_claw

"No, no, no," Vincent quickly corrected. "Not the first trial, the second one." Of course, the group that maintained all three trials were very selective so a majority of the people at the base didn't actually know how they worked. The first one was the one most talked about but they got more and more sinister as the numbers increased. "And the third," He added after a moment of thought. "You'll come with me, I'll show you how it's done." He turned to look at Lay, deciding to avoid her first statement. And the second one. "Yes, you may. If, however. If."

((I edited my last post btw.))

She was obviously trying to get on vincent's nerves. She didn't know why, it just irritated her that he didn't take the bait. At this kind of moments she needed slayer. Either to practice or to sharpen it. "Hey can I come to? I at least want to know what I have to face." She stepped next of Vincent as she said that. She already decided not to talk to the new guy anymore for a while. That was an embarresing mistake.

Edited by loviebeest

Vincent turned to look at the woman then shook his head. "You should stay here with your friend. He's going to be very confused when he wakes up and you'll need to explain everything to him. Besides, part of the trials is the mystery. If you know what's coming, you can just plan for it. Then they aren't honest results." He smiled and gestured Hanil to the door. "Let's go," He said. "The sooner these trials are done, the sooner the sentence."