RavenWolf1010

The Magic Apocalypse

She hated these kind of situations. She could go nowhere and someone else was boss. And just out of spite did she put her middle finger up to him. Of course behind his back. "This just plainly sucks." She said on the loud side. Only After a lot of complaining inside her head with a lot of self talk did she go to Glen. She watched at Raven getting treated and nodded at her. She then sat on the other side of the bed where no docter was standing. She smiled at Glen and hoped he would wake up soon. "We have much to catch up to." She said to Glen, even tough she doubted he could hear her.

(( xd.png thank you Lovie. I added a second, but everyone said it was amazing.))

Raven watched them bicker. The mechanic, Hanil, never seemed to have looked her direction. With her wounds cleaned, she walked over to them, flicking her ears.

Again with the trials. You humans... And... Your ways of displinary action.

She looked to Vincent with a small smile.

I once remember... That humans used to practice 'magic'. They would simply use slight of hand. I don't see them being hung as criminals.

She followed him. Nervousness spiked through her, but she remained a cool composure.

Vincent glanced back at the wolf and scowled. "That wasn't magic. That wasn't the apocalypse. That wasn't people dying." He shook his head and shooed the wolf away, drawing his sword at the same time. "Just stay here. You'll make it a lot easier if you all just stay here and get treated. Being impatient won't help your case."

On his bed, Glen's eyes suddenly opened. He blinked several times then slowly tried to sit up, holding his head in one hand. Had he... passed out? Where was he?! Alarmed now, he looked around quickly in utter confusion. He didn't remember walking into a room made of shiny metal. How thick was it? How much effort would take to escape? Did he have to?

Raven was about to make a smart alek retort, but when Glen awoke, and padded back to him, sniffing him over.

Hey, it's ok, you're fine. It's Ra- er, Wolf.

"Not always friendly, I see." Lay looked at Glen who had now woken up and was glad Raven said Wolf otherwise he maybe wouldn't recognize her. "You're awake, took you long enough." She said to him while smiling. "I will give you an explanation about what happend in a moment. But first a Question." She sighed and completly turned to him. "Do you remember me? Even a slightly bit. Even if I tell you that my full name is Layleina. Because when we met you didn't act like you remembered." She started to look sad and dissapointed for a moment but quickly smiled again. "And of course I want to know how your headache is, since you got some bad ones in the past."

Edited by loviebeest

Hanil remained, unsurprisingly, rooted to the spot as Vincent began walking out. The...trials? He had been chosen to organize the trials? His blood ran cold at the thought. Hanil, although a brilliant mind, opposed violence of any sort. B-But sir! I don't partake in this nonsens- He didn't stop what he was saying fast enough. The words had already escaped his lips. As soon as Hanil realized what he had said, he flinched as if expecting to be struck. His metal hand curled into a tight fist as he did so. Taking in a deep breath, the mechanic paused to stare at the misfortunate group. He mouthed the words I'm sorry, and then turned to follow Vincent. Would he be flogged for stating his opinion? That had happened in the past.

Vincent's head snapped around to stare at Hanil as he tried to voice his opinion. His eyebrow twitched ever so slightly before a smile appeared on his face and the heavy, metal door swung open. As soon as it was quickly shut behind the two of them, the leader of the refugees turned to Hanil again, still smiling. "You don't partake in this what, exactly?" He asked, his voice dangerously friendly.

Glen breathed heavily as he turned to look at Raven, then at Lay. "Laylenia?" He echoed. "I think... I remember someone." He tried to think back to long ago when everything had been better and not so many people had died. It was difficult but he he did remember a very old friend from a very long time ago. And they seemed so familiar... "I'm not sure," He replied, rubbing his head. "It doesn't hurt as much as before," He added after a moment.

Hanil was absolutely petrified. He seemed to have shrunk to half his size and had gone incredibly pale. His gaze was unable to leave Vincent's no matter how hard he tried. The poor man was frozen with fear. He tried to choke out an answer, but nothing came. Eventually, he managed to spit out his answer. V-Violence. It doesn't make a-any sense. It's...it's...stupid. I can't bear to see bloodshed, sir. I just can't. He stammered. That was no cover-up either. Killing others just because they could use magic...it didn't make sense! Hanil had long since had enough of hearing people die and seeing more and more graves dug. It just broke his heart.

Vincent smiled as he placed a hand reassuringly on Hanil's shoulder, steering him away from the door and deeper into the labyrinth that was the refugee camp. Originally, the camp had been above ground. But after capturing a sorcerer with the ability to dig tunnels like some sort of mole, Vincent had decided to move the entire operation underground. The sorcerer had worked very hard for them and now, the camp was large and entirely submerged. It took a good flow of people to help maintain all the tunnels but at least they couldn't be seen as easily. Different areas had different rooms that served different functions. One such, off the corner of the Court Room, was the Trials room. It was connected to the back of the medical bay to make for easy transportation. All two of the three trials were held there and that was their destination, though they were talking the long way around to avoid any of the supposed magic users catching of glimpse of what was to come. "Hanil," He said slowly, the smile dripping off of his face. "Where were you when the first attack came? Were you in New York?"

There was a pause until Hanil nodded. His father had been a billionaire who sold his inventions. Of course he lived in New York. Yes. I-I...My family...I lost them in the chaos. I knew...I knew they were gone when my father's building fell. I saw everything...it was so horrible. He answered softly. Hanil and Vincent were pure examples of the results of a catastrophe. The both of them had been permanently scarred by it, in exactly opposite ways. A once cheerful and rowdy young man became afraid of his own shadow, while a respected doctor was reduced to a vengeful maniac. Both were mentally and emotionally damaged. Both reacted in different ways. It was fascinating, really. I could never stoop to that...to destruction. I repair. I make things better. I can never become a killer like...like them...

((Here comes character #2

Username: Claw

Name: Namina waltz

Nature of power: Mina controls the flow of energy. She can sap it from objects, and then release it in a weapon form, or return it to someone or something. In order to take energy, however, she must touch the object or being in order to do so. She can also heal people, but it drains her dry on energy when she does so.

Personality: (Optional)

History: Namina Waltz hid her entire life. She was afraid of what she could do. Everyone was. She learned to get a grip on it eventually, but it involved a lot of pain and destruction. She, however, wasn't involved in any rebellions. It was a waste of her time. In destruction, however, there is always hope. Once New York and general society fell, Namina took up the role of a smuggler, and regularly travels about and delivers goods to camps in need of whatever she has.

Other: cupcakes. Mina carries two pistols, and a machete with her at all times. She also has a large backpack (in which she carries any smuggled goods). She wears a pair of combat boots, cargo pants, and a black tank-top. Her hair is pure white (as a result of her powers), and her eyes are a bright blue. ))

Raven sighed, flopping down. Her legs and joints ached from all the day's misfortune events. Exhaustion overwhelmed her, but she fought the lull of sleep. Glen and Lay had both been able to catch some form of rest. She, on the other hand, had been on full alert, constantly on edge, watching over then.

((Edit; Accepted claw. smile.gif ))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

"Like them," Vincent echoed with a nod as he led Hanil through the dark passages, the lights flickering overhead. It didn't take very long for them to arrive in the court room. There was a cage directly in the center of the room with handcuffs attached to the walls, along with several other things to keep powers in check. During his time dealing with the sorcerers, Vincent had discovered that many times, a power was drawn from something. Touch, taste, vision, etc. Isolate the sense that it was reliant on and suddenly, they were powerless. Laser vision hardly worked when the sight was blocked. Someone who can breathe fire can't do so with a muzzle on their face. It was all about restraining. In front of the cage stood a structure of rock where the judge sat and off to the side, many seats for the people. Everyone was invited to the judging and they all served as jurors. But Vincent was the one who executed the sentence and decided on the punishment. "And if they did that to all of the innocent people in New York, what do you think they'd do if they found us?" He asked as he moved towards the back of the room where a large, metal door was. "The people I bring here are not innocent lives. They are murderers and thieves who robbed us of our families and friends. I don't declare judgement on them, that's up to the people that have been most affected. The only thing I do is carry out the sentence. This isn't about violence, Hanil. It's about justice."

((Just to make sure, Vincent has only Hanil with him, right? The others are still in the room with the doctor right?))

((Yeah, that's right.))

Hanil silently followed Vincent as the older man spoke. He understood completely why Vincent did what he did. He had lost people just like everyone else. But that didn't make it right. I didn't say that I didn't understand you, sir. I just...don't agree. Hanil replied after a little while. Only a few seconds after he spoke was there a nearby slamming, followed by shouts and multiple footsteps. This went on for a few moments, until the door to the courtroom flew open to reveal a tall woman with white hair. Behind her was a multitude of guards. They weren't going to hurt her. Namina Waltz was a name everyone on the East Coast knew. Some called her a thief, others, a miracle. She was a notorious magic-user that was proven to be neutral. She had made multiple stops to the Labyrinth (as she called it) in the past and never left with more than a bruised ego. Many addressed her as Robin, short for Robin Hood, because of her job. She kept it just because it made her sound mysterious. The white-haired woman grinned widely at Vincent.

Vincey! Just the man I was lookin' for! You wouldn't believe the scalpels I found the other day! I knew I just had to bring them ya! She slipped the large backpack from her shoulders, unzipped it, and pulled out a rectangular box. Inside lay a set of ten scalpels that looked to never have been opened. It had been a real catch. Lookit! They're brand-new n' everything!

"Then I will urge you to bring that up in the court. But you can't do that if you aren't present, can you?" He patted Hanil's back reassuringly, only to cringe when a familiar racket filled the air. He glanced back over his shoulder when the doors to the courtroom flew open then quickly turned as a very familiar face appeared. "Namina, I told you a thousand times: It's Vincent. Just Vincent." His eyes drifted briefly to the scalpels she had produced before he shook his head and turned away. "You know you're not supposed to be down here," He added with a frown. Of all of the monsters he had ever encountered, Namina was the most human and certainly the most agreeable. He had never attempted to bring her in like other sorcerers, nor did he ever allow people to put her on trial. He was very much away of her magical abilities but for some reason, never attempted to kill her. "What happened to that walkie talkie I have you? I told you to use that if you ever needed to get ahold of me, not just barge in." He looked irritated as he realized Hanil was standing nearby. "Ah, yes. Have you met Namina before, Hanil?"

((Alright, thanks.))

Raven couldn't fight it any longer. Sleep took her by force. She slipped into a fitful rest, haunted by nightmares though.

The blades sliced through the sky with a constant whumph-whumph-whumph. Around her, the world bloomed into flames. The great, flying metal beast spewed fire, igniting the forest. She looked frantically all around her, frozen on the spot. Things moved so slowly, passing by her.

Cries of wolves filled the air, their haunting song cutting through the chaos. Raven turned to the flames, seeing their shapes being consumed by the ever greedy fire. "No!" Her voice echoed, but it was drowned in the crackle of flames. Soon, the fire was all around her. The heat was singeing her fur, but she still could not move. In the flames, she could see her family, dying before her.

The scene had suddenly cut to black, and then grew lighter, displaying a flat landscape. The sky was grey, and ash snowed down. Again, Raven stood, looking out at what was once her home. Tears filled her eyes, and she dropped to her knees. All she'd known, was gone. Raven tipped her head back to the ashy sky, and a mournful howl filled the air. It was as beautiful as it was sad.

((Raven doesn't realize quite how powerful her telepathy is. Anyone she'd recently had contact with would have also experienced the memory with her.))

Namina chuckled softly at Vincent. Good old Vince, always so uptight and formal. Any of his harsh words didn't even irritate her. She was naturally light-hearted person and took everything with stride. With all the dangerous work she did in order to get objects as simple as hairbrushes, one would expect her to be a cynic. She was quite the opposite, in all reality.

I know, but it ain't like I don't know what goes on down here. she stated with a shrug. Of course she did. It was far too obvious. At the mention of a walkie-talkine, she suddenly frowned and glanced down at her belt. Oh. She had totally forgotten about it. Looking rather sheepish, Namina glanced up to grin at Vincent. Whoops. But...do you want the scalpels? I had to raid a hospital for them. A hospital! It took me forever to get inside and then to actually find stuff! She asked.

A soft answer to Vincent's question sounded once Namina's loud voice ceased to echo in the room. Hanil finally plucked up the courage to speak again. I don't believe I have. I've heard of her, though. Everyone has.

Vincent sighed loudly and rolled his eyes. Of course he wanted the damn things but Namina could have easily just contacted him with the walkie-talkie and prevented this entire affair from occurring. "I suppose," He started to say, ready to ask what she wanted in return. Then, quite abruptly, his legs gave out and he collapsed sideways on the cold, stone floor, his eyes wide in shock. Being farther away from Raven, the connection was much weaker. In fact, the entire second scene was cut out and the first was entirely consumed by darkness. He couldn't see anything. But the familiar feeling of heat and fear were left, creeping under his skin. He twitched as his emerald eyes stared blankly ahead, unable to see the court room any longer.

((Going to wait for posting with Glen.))

Dropping the scalpels, Namina cried out in alarm as Vincent fell onto the floor and started to spasm. The plastic box clattered loudly on the floor behind her. The woman knelt down beside Vincent and placed a hand on his forehead. No fever, that was good. Whatever was wrong with him was draining him, that she could tell naturally. With not more than closing her eyes, her hand glowed as she transferred her life force to him. It would exhaust her, but she didn't want Vincent to die. They were sort of friends in her book.

Vincent twitched but gradually stopped spasming on the floor as the fever died down. Life gradually came back into his eyes as he blinked several times. What had happened? He... Why had he been so frightened? He clenched his teeth together as his expression hardened again and he quickly pushed Namina's hand away. "Stop," He insisted, his throat feeling dry. "You're not allowed to use magic in here. You know the rules." He wheezed as he planted his hands on the floor and started to stand. There were strange tears in his eyes but he didn't notice them right away as he looked around. "What happened?"

Well if you didn't faint, I wouldn't have used any magic. Namina growled in response. She had grown visibly fatigued after healing Vincent, and looked as if she might faint herself. There were prices that came with magic. Staggering to her feet, the white-haired woman used the stone podium for support. Hell if I know. One minute you were talking, and then you were on the floor twitchin'. Namina frowned slightly when she noticed something. Were those...tears? No way! Not in Vincent's eyes! You sure yer alright? Ya might wanna lay down er somethin'... Edited by shadow_claw

Vincent looked genuinely concerned and quickly walked over, placing a hand on her back to make sure she didn't fall over. People didn't just randomly faint. Especially not him. The only thing that left was those people in the medical bay. The wolf? No, they usually had only one power. So one of the others had to be a sorcerer as well. "We need to speed up the trials. We can repair them after this. They'll survive a bit more wear and tear before we fix them." He scowled then shook his head and turned his attention back to Namina. "Do you need somewhere to lay down? A bed?"

The thief chuckled weakly and shook her head. When she turned to face Vincent, her eyes had changed colors from their usual vibrant aqua to a dull grey. No, I'm okay. It happens when I help folks. Give me a day and I'll be better than ever. she decided. She had dealt with worse in the past. Granted, this was life-force she was lacking. Luckily, she regenerated life force naturally. It just took a while. So, she'd be half-dead until she had time to rest. I healed ya. That literally takes some of my life away. I can get it all back...but...it takes a while. she admitted. There was no point in lying to Vincent. He, like everyone else knew she used magic. Most people didn't know she could alter the concept of nature. In theory, Mina could bring people back to life. It would kill her in the process, but it could work. She was indeed a powerful magician.

((That aqua is so hard to read. xd.png ))

Raven woke with a start. Tears streamed down her face, and she quickly wiped them away as best as could with her paws. This is why I never sleep. Although the pain from the memory still echoed through her, she felt a little bit more rested. Now the canine took to pacing the metal room. It had already been too long she'd been inside. Even longer, since she'd eaten. The wolf was growing very ancy. A trapped animal never proved to be one that could always function in the right mind, even as 'sophisticated' as Raven was.