Clown_of_God

Ascension - A Race Against Time

Before I could make a response to the minotaur, I felt my head being split apart as the timeline began to shift suddenly. Visions washed over my mind and I could only watch as they burned their essence into my memories. Finally, when it was all over, I fell to my knees and stared up into the sky. This wasn't how things were supposed to go, these shifts and changes... they were beginning to head down a darker path. I needed to speak to the Creationist... and quickly, but not even I could see what was in store for this part of my life. Entering the realm of the Creationist, I had no power, becoming a mere mortal under his eyes.

Pulling myself back up, I looked at the minotaur and gave him a nod. Without a word, I bent time to the point where we were all gathered around the alter, myself standing in the center. To my left, Vikare stood and was preparing for his portion of the chant. My right, a creature man had deemed as a centaur had already began his portion. In front of me, a being often misconstrued as an angel, was a Selphithant (Sel-vi-dant) and her polar opposite stood to my rear. These beings were also confused with demons or devils, but their true names were Geldihans. Each of them served a purpose on this world and they would soon each hold a purpose in this war.

When the time came to meet with the Creationist, maybe even I could finally see the rest of my part in this ever growing tempest. Only his answers would make my sight clear.

((In case you're wondering why I haven't been posting with Nikki, it's because I have something planned for her that will occur after everyone else has completed their final tests. That, and I don't want to spoil the details of her own fight until the appropriate time comes.))

Tyler was dumbfounded. He turned to the boy.

"How..." He started to speak, then stopped. He didn't want to know. It would probably draw him into this when the Seer showed up to sort it out. Oh, wait. She doesn't do that anymore. Tyler sighed.

"Okay. I'm just going to accept this. Hello, Ansgar! Fancy seeing you here in the middle of the sun. How have YOU been? I've been busy trying to kill myself!" He laughed, dropping to his knees. He desperately wanted to wrap his head around how they both were here.

"You see my planet? Over there. Not that far away... That's how it used to look." He was on the verge of tears now. "It was beautiful. And seeing it like this makes me sad. Blind tried to recreate something he had no control over. Only the Creator can make something out of nothing... The cost of such a feat is incredible." Tyler turned to Blind with a silent fury in his eyes.

"He killed so many people to fuel his own desire. Can you believe that?"

Tyler sighed. He tried to keep a lid on his own emotions, but couldn't. It was all just coming out. He laughed now, the tears forgotten.

"That's why I've got to kill him, you know! Because he's a bad man! A bad bad bad bad bad bad bad man. I know he didn't mean to..."

His soul was being converted into verbal form. It all poured out, not a thing Tyler could do about it. He stopped talking. There were no more words. He turned to Ansgar.

"Might want to back up a bit, friend. Don't want you to get hurt, or anything. You're my only friend, you know."

He dropped to his knees, soaking in the energy of the Sun. The stars in the sky around him blazed with a pure light. He raised his head, eyes drinking in their light. It was beautiful, an anchor of stability in this torrent. The heat of the sun warmed his body in the cold of space, something that you would need out there in the vacuum.

Tyler stood. Looking out to the stars for a moment longer, he turned back to Blind and Vanguard. He walked towards Blind. Cocking a punch, he let it loose and sent him flying to the ground. He looked at the man with a look of disgust in his eyes, turning back to his chair and shaking his head. He walked to it and took a seat. There was nothing more to be done until the conflict resumed.

[sure, Zakku.]

Edited by Astrodeath311

Roxy created a molecule sized singularity in her palm and using it, drew the rocks a debris that remained away from where her double should have been. It had been a few minutes since she saw her future self and that worried her. The other Roxy was fighting ruthlessly and to be honest, Roxy didn't think she had even hurt her once. She knew all too well what it felt like to be hit when you have the same density as a planet's core. It didn't even register half the time. Fighting herself, she was going as dense as she could go and Roxy #1 kept breaking her bones. Roxy Sr. had some kind of cosmic armor that she kept throwing up. It was like the kid on the playground that always uses his "everything proof armor".

Roxy was broken from her trance when her double latched herself to her back like a gibbon and rested her chin on her shoulder. It's like something she would do with Nikki,

"Had enough yet?" She purred into Our Hero's ear.

Roxy jumped back a few hundred lightyears into the Almaak Sector. She could see Phang making its final arc to send it back out into space. She knew her people would be having a celebration of the fertile season. It was the last bit of happiness for the other eight months of dying light.

"Hey, pay attention!", her double yelled, slapping her with a hand as hard as rock, "I said I'm going to jump you into a sun!", The Other Roxy laughed.

"No!", Roxy yelled, jumping away from Roxy To Be.

At the exact same instant Roxy Dos jumped into the sun.

The two wrestling women paused as a powerful ripple of energy surged through the universe. The could both feel it rushing away from them and into the void. In a flash, both gods were stretched at an atomic level, before snapping back together. That snap was the two wormholes they produced ripping each other apart. The girls vanished, leaving behind an explosion that was as powerful as a supernova. The Almaak galaxy was ripped apart. The explosion threw the sun into collapse and formed a black hole.

Ice. Cold. Roxy hated the cold. She was sprawled face down. She rose to her hands and knees and recevied a kick to the ribs.

Slamming into a wall. Wood maybe. But not panels Logs maybe? She hit her head on some kind of stone firebox before hitting the floor. She looked up to see oversize combat boot plat itself in her face.

She spun backwards, both women lit by a strange green star. There was some kind of purple ship flying towards it with intent to crash. Roxy carried her momentum and grabbed her Evil Twin's leg, driving her elbow behind her knee.

They were in a free fall. In a very thick and very toxic atmosphere. Roxy held her breath as she clung to her double. Her Future pulled back and mule kicked Roxy in the face.

Again

They slammed into the ground. Lucky, her doppelganger was on the bottom and Roxy was saved of most damages. Roxy rose up, pulled back her fist, and punched her doubled.

Void. Punched again.

Desert ground as far as the eye can see. And again.

Some kind of dark, giant room. Roxy was using interlacing, super dense fists now.

Tears skewed her vision. She hit her again.

Her eyes were closed, her hair was as cherry red as her cheeks. A train whistle was defining close by. She brought her fists down again. They were bloody.

People speaking. Roxy pulled back her hands again and felt herself rise off the ground as her Other reversed gravity. Her double used this space to kick Roxk in the stomach with a hyper gravity boot toe.

She bounced once off the ground. She was in a forest, a dark forest. She caught the blackened eye of Matt. He was crouched over someone with a dagger in his hand. His face was as battle torn as her own. Roxy's worse half walked up to her with savor. She spit out two teeth onto the forest floor and wiped the blood from her mouth, "Is that all you got?", she asked, "Come on, I know I was stronger than this." She got to Roxy and curb stomped her in the neck.

This went on and on. AS soon as they would touch, they would be involuntarily thrown to a random point in the universe. And that meant anywhere. Cores of planets, Inside coffins, Miles from the surface of stars, On Trains. She was pretty sure she had her head smashed into a sink in a fuel station bathroom. She caught her reflection in the smudged mirror. Her face was bloody. She was not able to heal as fast as she was at the beginning of their fight.

After a while...the pain just stopped. Roxy still fought with all she had and she managed to land a few lucky hits. She was beginning o figure out what this hell was. When they created wormholes within each other, they were both superpositioned between dimensions. Both in their dimension and not. Every time they would touch, they would switch between realities. Like an on/off switch. Their mini-war was currently happening in every position in the universe at once. She needed to come up with something to end this. She wasn't going to hold up much longer.

Matt plunged his dagger straight down only to hit dirt. He caught sight of roxy for a second before they disappeared. his double disappeared as well though making matt curious as to where he was going.His double was moving through the shadows realm. Matt followed him through the shadows, they were in space they were surrounded by darkness. He saw Roxy standing there exhausted and saw the sadistict smile as his older self jumped out swinging his blade with a growl. The blade came within inches but matt had moved letting out a groan. The blade was lodged in his left shoulder barely an inch from roxy. Matt's eyes grew a little bit of red, he was protective of her and Ansgar but mostly her as she had always talked to him even when he was annoying. Matt stabbed his double multiple times before breaking his neck and throwing him in the direction of the sun watching him float away. Pulling out the dagger he sighed as he felt the shadows around him and the darkness empower him and heal his wounds. His eyes widened as he could feel every shadow, every movement of the shadows and anything that entered the shadows domain. He had to find a place to kneel and rest. He saw a nearby asteroid that wasn't completely destroyed and moved through the shadows laying on it panting, he was battered and beaten but he was alive. He wiped the blood from his face as the energy from the shadows healed him though he would need to be cloaked in shadows and not stress his body for an hour. The shadows and plain out darkness had trained him for space. Being able to go through the shadows domain you would need to go through almost the same as if in space. Matt looked over at roxy though he had been there only a few seconds and now as soon as he looked at her the two roxy's disappeared. unable to move though he spoke softly to himself "no one is allowed to kill her, not even me. She is my best friend though I think Nikki is hers." He felt the presence of every shadow though he now had a chance to think. He had destroyed a whole planet. Absorbing so much power and releasing such a big attack having that many shadows hit one small origin target then spread with that much power. Matt shook his head as he mumbled "have to be careful before I really mess up, I wonder if I can go home now." As he spoke he saw that his double seemingly evaporated by drifting too close to the sun. He couldn't feel him in the shadows so he let out a small sigh and smiled "finally it's over now once I heal I'm going home I don't care if the seer tossed me out I need a place to sleep."

(I know mine isn't as epic but if its not long enough zakku just let me know I can make my double come back for more.)

Edited by voltage

((Unfortunately, it isn't long enough and frankly... it's not the lack of 'epicness' as it is you seemed to completely disregard that these guys are not supposed to be pushovers. Someone who is supposed to have far more years of experience and powers beyond yours, falls simply because of an act of protection and a sudden spur of rage. I mean, the simplest thing your double would've had to do was transform his entire body into a shadow, rendering your attacks useless and preventing any kind of harm... that... or he could've just melded into the shadows again.))

(alright ill post him coming back)

Matt stood up sore and tired as he realized it wasn't over. His double was standing right in front of him luaghing. He smirked at Matt "aww did you think you killed me? That was just a clone looked pretty real didn't it?" Matt groaned but pulled out his dagger and threw it at his double only for it to be dodged. The older god grabbed matt and smirked as Matt got thrown through the darkness and stuck halfway in a shadow as soldiers held him stuck. The older god smirked as he kicked matt over and over again. Matt's life flushed before his eyes but he saw the other gods. He thought about how roxy would train with him at times, how Nikki was almost always nice, How ansgar was when they first met. He couldn't help but luagh which caught his double off guard "what's so funny, I'm going to kill you and you luagh?" Matt shook his head, I realized something I've never realized before. I always thought I have no friends but even though we don't talk all the time the others are my friends and I can not leave them! I will not die here!" As Matt spoke the soldiers holding him disappeared letting matt stand to his full height. He did a sweep only for it to be jumped but matt hit the ground as his double landed and it connected with his hamstring making the older god buckle. Matt dodged many punches and when the older god swung his scyth again matt materialized one of his own. As the shadowblades clashed Matt and his double faced on some unknown planet. Matt had the area they ere in blacked out and he cloaked himself in shadows. As long as he stayed still he was undetectable. His double lifted the darkness and had hundreds of shadow soldiers surround matt while two held him against a tree. Matt made half of the soldiers his and directed them as his double directed his. Matt wasn't going to be able to keep up too much longer and he knew it. He was hoping that this chess match would help give him time to think of something to finally get rid of this double.

Edited by voltage

Ansgar backed up slightly, just as Vanguard rammed into him again, knocking him backward.

"Don't forget that we're still battling, sprout." he chided, grabbing Ansgar and slamming him into the 'floor' of the sun. "I'm going to crush you AND your precious friend. Then, I'm going to carry you to see as I kill Nikki as well. Do you know why?"

He lifted Ansgar to face height. The boy was healing, slowly, but he was breathing weakly. The trip through space had wracked his body. He spat blood into Vanguard's face.

"Regardless of your taunt, I'll tell you." Vanguard slammed Ansgar's face into the ground, rubbing his nose into it. "My new mission is not to serve the Seer in whatever goals she has. I don't care about your future or the future of the universe. The Creationist didn't give my timeline a chance. I never had the opportunities you had. The Seer did nothing but train us and use us. The same thing she did to you. Why should I help her train you? You're a weak, pathetic wretch of a boy. You're the same as all the other versions of me that I've slain. They were all ambitious. They all died. All of their fates were doomed. What sort of God allows that kind of discrimination? Shouldn't all timelines have equal chance for success?"

He raised Ansgar upward, suspending him by his collar.

"Look at you. You can barely move now. We're in the domain of chaotic energy now. There's no electrical forces that aren't already polarized here. All the energy is already in use. You don't have the power yet to manipulate solar energy. But I'm my own battery. Here, I have even more of an advantage than I already had. I gave you a chance to fight me on slightly more equal terms and you rubbed my hostility in the dirt. You freed my beloved and made me watch her die. I'm going to do the same."

He hurled Ansgar to the ground again, kicking him.

"I'm going to kill Tyler and Nikki and Roxy and Matt. I may even kill their other timeline selves if I deem them unfit. I have the opportunity now to create my own blessed timeline. You will not stop me from achieving my goal. But take solace in the fact that you managed to get this far. It means a lot, you know. It means you at least had a BIT of skill."

He blasted Ansgar repeatedly, pleased.

"To think that the Seer continually trained such rabble like this. To think that I was once this ignorant, wretched little thing." Vanguard knocked Ansgar completely across the ground, sighing. "It makes me so disappointed."

Ansgar coughed, shaking. His body felt like lead. He could no longer feel his arms or legs. For once, he believed truly he would welcome death.

He could almost see her now - the Seer. In the heat of this sun, where they were going to reach their true godhood, he believed now that he probably finally reached his limit. This was where he died.

"I'm sorry... Nikki... Tyler... Seer..." he whispered. The three people which had been his closest friends, no matter what had happened.

But suddenly, beyond his vision, there was him.

"I knew you were a worthless abomination, you little fool. I could see it from when I first laid eyes on you. You're a disgrace to all Olimpians. How dare you try to live among us?"

Ansgar blinked softly, confused.

"You are nothing, Ansgar Willhelm. Even your parents shall turn away from you. My power is all-reaching. I'm going to make sure that you never truly become one of us. You are an exile. Your death will not be mourned. You will be forgotten. We shall remove your name from all records. Do you understand?"

Ansgar gritted his teeth, rage beginning to grow within him.

"You are NOTHING."

Ansgar shook slightly as he placed a hand on the ground, beginning to rise.

"You are WEAK."

Vanguard watched in confusion as the boy began to stand back up.

"You will NEVER be an Olimpian, abomination."

Ansgar's entire body crackled with furious electricity as he stood back to his full height, sword extended.

"Now that your punishment has been decreed, do you have anything to say before we cast you out, demon? What words do you have as a parting farewell, before we send you to die?"

Ansgar ran quickly, slamming the blade into the side of Vanguard's face, knocking the man aside. As the man began to stand back up, shocked, Ansgar prepared his blade again, seething.

"**** you, old man." he said, just like he had so long ago. "Go to hell."

----

Vikare stood, holding up both arms. He breathed in the incense of the altar, pleased.

By the hands of Creation where we stand,

the gods above look down below,

to see us standing, outstretched hands,

watching the world continue to grow.

(( I may edit later with more unless someone else posts. I wanted to do a long poem. ))

Edited by Thaelasan

Tyler sighed. He watched as Vanguard beat Ansgar, then shook his head.

"You don't understand, do you? It doesn't matter if you have your own battery..." He stopped. Blind had launched an assault against him. He dodged to the side and punched himself in the side of the head and took this time to finish his sentence.

"Because I am his battery." As soon as he said that, he sent energy from the planet to Ansgar's already growing power. He laughed. What chance had they when we were working together?

The stars above them glittered their approval. It was as through the Creator himself willed this fight to existence. Tyler knew it wasn't the only thing the thing had created. He sent another pulse of energy to Ansgar, then launched himself at Blind. He kicked the man in the junk, sending him sprawling to the ground. He was fooled, however, when Blind sent him flying into the air with a mighty hit, roughly crashing onto the ground.

When he got up, all he felt was pain. It originated from his chest. It seemed that Blind's last attack had either cracked, or broken something. Probably his ribcage. Tyler couldn't move, couldn't breath. Nothing the Seer had done was ever this intense. He thought this could come from Vanguard, he had felt similarly all those days ago back when Ansgar had kidnapped him. Tyler forced himself to turn his head towards Vanguard, but it didn't seem like it. Maybe it was some kind of new power that couldn't be used against himself. Would only make you stronger, blah blah.

Tyler pulled the energy from the sun and infused it into him. The pain lessened somewhat, it was only a dull throb now. The sun's energy was... different. It was less refined, more primal and animalistic. It made him feel... awkward. Like he could throw someone to the ground...

...and kill them. He got up, sighing again. He grabbed Ansgar by the collar, tossing the boy to his side of the atmosphere. Then, he cut off Vanguard. He could have fun in the vacuum of space. Tyler turned to Blind. He rushed towards the man, Melding together a statue of himself and dropping to his knees. When he heard the statue crack and fall to pieces, he raised his head and shot Blind in the gut.

The older Tyler spat out blood.

"You think... You think you're so special, don't you? Just so special..." He sighed, before smacking Tyler clear across the face sending him to the ground once again. Then, he started to rip the light from the man. It was an excruciating experience.

"Ansgar's older self makes some good points, you know. I've already lost my glory amongst the gods. It's too late for me. So lets take over the universe." With that, Blind reformed the atmosphere around Vanguard, laughing mercilessly as he kicked the man again and again in the stomach as he was draining the soul away.

"So... Special! So... Special! So carefree! I'll tell you what I think about THAT!" He let loose a kick infused with the energy of the sun.

Tyler cried out in pain. He could feel nothing in his abdomen. There was just a dull pulse where he once felt his stomach. Not that he needed a stomach. He just converted photons from the sun to feed and water himself. Stomachs were unnecessary. Although nothing could beat a good and red steak once in a while.

Like right now. He really just wanted to sit down at a table with his family, eating a good meal and talking about things that don't matter. He forced himself to sit, blood leaking from his mouth. His stomach was wet with his blood. Is this how he would die?

Hardly worth noting. He looked up, bruised and broken, at Blind. He was standing there, seething.

"I... I don't think that I am special... I think I am blessed. Blessed in the fact that I got to know Ansgar. And the Seer. Roxy, Nikki. Even Matt. Blessed to know them all." He hung his head here, if one was not paying attention it was easy to assume he was dead.

"I consider myself blessed in the fact that I got a family to replace the one that was stolen from me."

Tyler's words sent Blind over the edge. You could feel the hatred steaming off of his skin. He would show the man what he thought about Tyler's 'new' family. Nothing could replace what they had lost. Nothing!

He gathered the sun's energy. He gathered it into a ball, grinning all the while. He had taken most of Tyler's soul by now, adding that to the mix. It was volatile and beautiful.

He launched it. Watched and realized. It had performed perfectly, Tyler's body crumbled and fell to the ground like pieces of stone. And then he realized what had happened.

Passer exploded for the second time, and for the millionth time in his head. He fell to his knees. Tyler had done it again. Infuriated him. He no longer wanted to live. No longer wanted to anything. Tyler was dead now. It was okay.

- - -

Tyler had watched as Blind prepared his attack. He was almost gone now, wrapped in the Creator's mantle. Warm and soft and inviting, so enticing... Soon he would be dead and home with his family. Home... He sighed. He could not leave yet. It was not his time.

He wrapped a bubble of atmosphere around himself. In the instants immediately after Blind had fired his attack, at the moment where it had been so frighteningly bright, Tyler detached his bubble from the main sphere. He left a statue in his place, separating from his body like an old skin. He floated in space, willing his bubble to float forward, daring not look back at what he had done. If he did he might lose the determination to do what needed to be done. Blind would think he was dead. He wouldn't know that he was coming up behind the double. And Blind would also not know that he was about to die. Maybe he did. Tyler didn't know. He didn't care. Summoning a spike from his heart, Tyler fell roughly onto Blind's back. At that moment, he passed out, caring not of the outcome. His last sight before the blackness of unconsciousness was the beautiful explosion of Passer, it's last breath before being wiped again from the universe. His last feeling was the surge of energy as it passed into his being, restoring his stolen soul. He was whole again.

As for his last thought? Twas a simple, '**** you.'

Ansgar flew backward again, confused, as Tyler hurled him away just as they began their conflict. It was then that he felt the energy the boy had given him.

He grinned. It was as if the solar energy that had been so chaotic for Ansgar to attempt to control before had been refined and remade, turned into pure energy. In a way, it was almost like fire and electricity - Tyler being fire plasma and Ansgar being electrical plasma.

Fire plasma controlled heat energy while electrical plasma controlled conductive energy. The Sun was almost purely heat energy, with electrical energy sparking in between. Sadly, the electrical energy was soon returned to heat energy in the all-consuming mass. Trying to take it back was like searching for pearls in a sea. But Tyler had used the heat energy and converted it to basic energy, sending it to Ansgar as a base energy component.

Ansgar flared back to life just as Vanguard burst back through the atmosphere, infuriated, charging at him. Ansgar withdrew his dual blades, prepared. They flickered with power as Ansgar took a stance.

It was obvious Vanguard had been broken just like Blind. The loss of Nikki combined with the jealousy he felt made Ansgar understand why the Seer wanted THEM to Ascend: Mercy killing. She knew full well that they had unfairly been created into doomed timelines for themselves. She was giving them a glorious death in combat rather than a pathetic death at the hands of fate. Besides, the winner of the battle would become the god of all the timelines, doomed or not, and they would be forcibly combined into the alpha timeline. That's how Ansgar understood it anyway.

Ansgar sliced at the man as he approached. Vanguard returned the blow, coming down on the dual blades with more force than he had previously been using. Ansgar shuddered a little as the blow connected with his swords, almost breaking his defenses entirely. Shifting back to one claymore, he slashed in a few arcs, sending sparks outward. Vanguard parried each one, trying to return a few of them.

Soon, they were in a dance of blades, switching between dual blades and one at a time. The dual blades were a weapon of speed and countering. The single blade was a weapon of power and protection. As the two continued to spar within the great sphere of energy, where electricity and fire combined, the electrical energy of the sun began to escalate dramatically.

Sparks and solar storms grew within the hulking mass of reactions. It was definitely becoming unstable. The sun's normal life span was accelerating. The combined energy use of Tyler and Ansgar - along with their future selves - was causing the sun to swell in order to compensate for the speed of its reactions. Thousands of years of a star's life span were passing within minutes.

But they continued to fight without noticing what was happening to the sun. Just as Ansgar saw Tyler commit his great sacrifice in order to kill his double, he realized just how large of a mistake the two had made by being here.

The sun began to fall apart around them but Vanguard didn't seem to care. With Blind gone, Ansgar knew that the only thing left was to slay his own future self. It was now down to a battle between him and his inner demons, if he had to be honest. Every anxiety, every fear, every sheltered hatred was alive in Vanguard that wasn't in Ansgar. This was a broken version of himself, one that had lost his childish optimism and become nothing more than a wretched mass capable of only putting others down.

The only joy he had probably had was slaying his other future selves with ease. Ansgar began to feel a rising righteousness flow through him. He was not doing this just for himself but for all of the other possible "hims" which had died to this monstrosity of time and fate.

He needed to hurry. He could probably save Tyler just before...

He remembered something once, the power of a sun when it reached its limit of growth. One such act had occurred near Olimpus and had almost destroyed it. The High Priest had claimed he had staved it off using the blessings of the gods. Ansgar had known the truth. He had read books. The High Priest had already despised Ansgar at a young age when he found the boy was more intelligent and literate than he should be.

Ansgar knew the dirty truth of Olimpus. That's why the Head Priest had already feared him but had assumed that through the injections he would regain control of the boy. But Ansgar would never have wanted to serve his rule. The man had removed almost all books from the populace that he considered "sacrilegious" and had placed them in his personal library - effectively increasing only his own intelligence, his own power over the people, his religious image, and his people's support overall. The man was a dictatorial genius. But Ansgar knew where he got his ideas from.

Dictators like Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, and Kim Jong Un had their books and stories in the Head Priest's library, almost on a seat of honor. Ansgar had been lucky enough to be adopted by a very high-standing family. Before he had been disowned, he had spent the first five years of his conscious existence sneaking into the deeper structure of the Citadel which was his home.

It was then that he found the secret door which led to the Priest's hidden collection. Awe-struck, he had read almost every book, sneaking in each day. One day, however, the priest had found him. It was one reason why he had been disowned.

The Head Priest. He represented every hatred and dark emotion that Ansgar had. Even his future self had wanted the man dead. But Ansgar had better plans for him.

As the sun finally reached its climactic point, Ansgar shackled his future self using bonds of all of the electricity he could gather from the sun. Sparks of electricity tethered the being of pure energy. He teleported, only to get pulled back in to the bindings. He thrashed, furious, trying desperately to get free.

"What the hell!?" he roared, beating on them with his swords. "What have you done?!"

"You said it yourself. The energy is already polarized. At its max potential, all of the energy in the sun is converted to electrical energy for but one brief moment. That moment is when I grabbed all of it and placed it on you." Ansgar said, forlorn. "I magnetized your pure energy body and tied you to it. It's over. I can't kill pure energy but I think what's about to happen should be enough to do it."

"You fool! You won't escape it yourself!" Vanguard shouted desperately. "Free me, and I'll help you escape it!"

"...I'd rather die in the vacuum of space than see you free again to haunt the world. It's time for you to be at peace." Ansgar said, despondent. He used his energy to float towards Tyler, the atmosphere beginning to shrink as Tyler's life force began to leave him.

"You're not done yet, buddy." Ansgar smirked, grabbing the man. He noted what the man had done with admiration.

He had forced Blind to destroy his own planet. The one moment that Blind would be distracted by what he had done was the moment Tyler used himself as a weapon to kill him. Fitting.

But he'd be damned if he let the man die here.

"Hey. Get up. Get that spike out. Blind's dead." Ansgar stated, pulling the man off of his double just as the double began to shimmer. Ansgar watched in fascination as the particles and energy which constructed Blind began to fall apart. As it did so, the double smiled.

Every memory of every Tyler that had ever been born and existed now began to weave around the current one Ansgar knew. They were like tiny movie images, flying past his face and scattering around in chaotic order.

This... this was Ascension. This was true Ascension. Not only were you forced to best yourself in combat but you also had to handle the emotions and memories of your countless other selves all at once. You would respect who they had been. You would honor their demise. You were now the true form of yourself. Now you could become a god. They were you and you were them, fully and truly.

The process ceased and a single word echoed around the pair of men.

"Passer." Ansgar repeated. That's all that every form of Tyler had ever really wanted to see again. He hadn't had any idea just how much Tyler missed his home world. But Tyler hadn't been disowned. He had been kidnapped. Unlike Ansgar, his home had actually meant something.

Ansgar shouldered Tyler onto his back like a backpack, kicking off of some star debris as he began to leave the center of the dying sun.

"YOU HAD BETTER EMERGE VICTORIOUS IN THIS THEN, YOUNGER SELF!"

Ansgar turned, confused. His future self had given up on trying to get free. He stared at him, smiling.

"Don't let the deaths of all the other Ansgars be in vain. Make us proud. We'll be watching. You can be sure of that." Vanguard smirked.

"I won't let them have died for nothing." Ansgar swore, turning back forward. He dashed among the remnants of the star, using the electrical energy that still remained - though fleeting - to propel himself.

Where he was going? Hell. He had no idea. To be honest, he was fairly certain that either the Seer would come get him and Tyler or he'd die out here with his buddy. He didn't mind which one it was.

But he needed to get Tyler awake again so that the man could remove that spike. But that could wait. Gods had extended lifespans before they died. Besides, if he was close to death, the Seer would come and claim him anyway, and the two of them could go back home so Tyler could get proper care.

"We're gonna make it back, bro." Ansgar promised. Though Tyler was unconscious, he was passively creating a bubble of atmosphere around the two of them, keeping them alive. Ansgar was grateful for that. He honestly couldn't breath in space and there was no electrical energy around here.

But there were photons for Tyler. Thousands. A lot of light energy was scattered in space. It was his own personal forming ground. It was the energy that naturally created newborn suns and planets.

As the two of them soared out of the sun, finally reaching the end of it, Ansgar began to accelerate. The sun was decaying faster than he thought.

He jumped faster and faster but he was running low on electrical energy. He needed a new source of power. He thought for a minute.

"Tyler, I'm gonna need to borrow this." Ansgar said, beginning to drain a bit from the man. He only needed a bit more. He concentrated, getting just as much as he needed. He continued to leap forward, in greater bounds now. Though space had nothing to kick off on, he didn't really need it. His feet were firing out blasts of electrical energy. In the vacuum of space, velocity was conserved. He just needed enough of it to float safely away from the sun.

He was sure this was the direction he and Vanguard had entered from. If he made it back to Olimpus, he knew the way back to the planet of the Seer. Well, at least the general direction.

He was going to make it back. He knew he was. He was not afraid.

He began going faster and faster. He spun around, awestruck.

There was a pressurized clap. You could feel it. In the vacuum of space, it couldn't be heard but felt. Pressure formed as the entire sun began to collapse on itself, reaching unbelievable temperatures. It shrank to a small size, barely the size of a planet within minutes.

"Here come the fireworks." Ansgar whispered, backing up further and further. Surely he was out of range now. Not even light could escape a black hole. If he was caught in it...

It exploded. The sheer force of it sent Ansgar and other space debris hurtling away. Then he felt it. The tug. It was beginning. Fear gripped him as he frantically began to jump further and further forward.

Then they came - the memories. His future self had been killed in the supernova. The energy and power from him flooded into him. It was the greatest sensation he had ever felt.

He was conscious of the universe, of every heartbeat of every living creature in a large vicinity. He could feel that Tyler was still alive. He could sense everything around him, almost like he was in it. The memories of every other Ansgar filled him with both joy and despair. Thousands and thousands of lives, poured into one, true container.

He heard a whisper in his ear.

"Let me help you... just once."

"Vanguard?" Ansgar asked, confused. Before he could question it more, a blast of electrical energy came from the center of the sun - the last bit of the dying god's powers. It slammed into Ansgar's back, sending him out of the tug of the black hole just enough so that he could finally escape.

The black hole was expanding. It would grow larger and larger, all-consuming. Ansgar continually shoved himself forward. He felt pushed on by every single Ansgar that had ever existed - including Vanguard. All of them were behind him, pushing him with thousands and thousands of hands, cheering him on.

He was THEIR Vanguard, their paragon. He would represent all of their hard work and beliefs. If he won, he won as all of them.

"Thanks.." he whispered, as if they could all hear him, just as he finally reached the boundaries of the black hole's grasp.

He flew off into the abyss of space, praying for the Seer to come for him and Tyler. It was then that he remembered something important. Something Vanguard had taught him.

He coalesced his entire body, transforming. His material form fell apart, replaced by a similar, pure energy form. Vanguard was right - he felt like he could control this. In this form, he didn't need to breath and he could accelerate. Now he could feel it - the natural tug of the Seer's planet. He could sense it. He felt he could find it from anywhere. It was the sanctuary of the gods. It was their home.

He shot forward, gaining more and more momentum as his excitement built. He ran across the stars and planets, dashing through them with vim and vigor. This was TRUE existence. This was the power he had been searching for. He would find the Seer. He would hug her. He would thank her. He had become what she had desired. He had proven his worth.

So had Tyler. He would be praised as well. They would finally be praised for something. For Ansgar, that meant a lot. His parents hadn't really given him much thought besides keeping him alive and healthy. More than that was considered weakness.

But all he had ever wanted was to be given some form of attention, really. It was why he had always been so obnoxious and hyperactive. He wanted to be the center of attention, but he wanted it to be good.

And he had won.

He was alive.

Let the world attack him. Let the humans fight him. Let everyone in the universe come.

He'd face them. He'd become their paragon as well.

He could see it now. The planet of the Seer was getting closer and closer. He began to slow down his speed. He didn't want to crash land.

The tug of gravity pulled on him now. He descended slowly, controlling his velocity by using energy output from various places on his body. He slowly reached the ground, stepping down just short of the Citadel.

He returned to his mortal form, walking Tyler on his back. He entered the Citadel's doors and continued on. Some of the Sprytes saw him and offered their help. He politely declined, continuing to walk on without care for them or anyone else. He was a true god now. He could perform this simple act.

He walked up the steps and down, heading to the medical bay. They had had to use it many times after the Seer's many battles - battles which now had meaning. Ansgar had suffered. Now he had succeeded.

The medical bay Sprytes gasped as he entered. They knew what this meant. He placed Tyler down on one of the medical bay beds, sighing.

He took a seat in one of the chairs nearby, exhausted.

"Woo-hoo buddy.." he held up a hand, yawning. "We did it... yippee.... Woooo..."

He passed out in the chair, almost fainting. His body was just as wounded as Tyler's. While he slept, the doctor Sprytes moved him to a bed across from Tyler's and began to heal him as well.

"The boy's a damn fool." One of the Sprytes commented. "He almost died from carrying that man. Didn't he realize how much he weighed?"

"Humans are... unethical but.. I don't think he cared at the time." the nurse Spryte responded sweetly. "Isn't it nice? Humans are so strange."

"Eh. I think it's just foolish." the doctor responded, sighing. "And we have to deal with it every time."

(((Damn, I was going to have Roxy show up and help. Makes me wish I did more networking with you guys)))

Roxy and her other were jumped from random point to random point throughout the universe. The whole while, their battle raged. Time seemed to not matter. They were fighting for what? Minutes? Hours? Days? With every blow they were sent someplace new. Her double would also not shut up. She was giving her a rundown of all the terrible things that happened to her. Watching Tyler and Matt's relationship deteriorate into a power struggle. Matt had killed him. Used his power to choke out Tyler to the point he just....stopped existing. Her future had become lonely. She had began wandering shortly after Ansgar and Nikki got into it. She wasn't sure if they got together or torn each other apart. All she knew was that she was jealous of their relationship. She never developed people skills and hated everyone else for it. She went of a rampage after that, destroying any and all planets, satellites, spacecraft, anything that got to close was sucked into the space in her back where her heart was. Roxy had always been afraid to generate a black hole and as it turned out, she became on herself.

Roxy sprawled backwards and slid across a white marble floor, her blood staining the polished surface. She did not get up after that. She just lay on the ground facing away from her self. Her left arm was mangled and useless. Same with her right leg, Roxi had slammed her into a passing cruiser and shattered it. Her breath came out ragged and blood stained. She had all but stopped healing. Her body seemed to be giving up before she could. She twisted her head around to see herself deliver another kick to her already broken ribs.

Roxy collided with a stone wall and hit the dusty ground below. She could have reversed gravity to soften the blow but her powers were not listening, Roxy was saving all the energy she had for her trump card. Well, she hoped. Roxy of the Alternate Timeline paused before she could drive her foot into her head again. Roxy flinched and she laughed, "Oh, you are still alive", she said with a laugh, "I thought you kicked it a while ago". She crouched down in front of her and looked at her ugly, beaten face. She laughed, "Did I mention what happened to MAtt? Well, after he killed Tyler he kinda, wandered away. Just like I did. Anyway, we ran into each other one day and, being Matt, wanted to talk. So I let him come closer without telling him about my little heart condition. All at once, shwoop he was gone. Sucked into the black hole on my back. You know what they say about black holes, "once you pass the event horizen, there is no going back" that goes for anything too. Light, sound, shadows it's all trapped inside the singularity that was my heart.

Roxy's head rolled to the left. She could hear a voice around the other side of the building. Ansgar? She looked up. Sure enough, she was leaning against one of the outer walls of her home. She closed her eyes and found the point of superposition they created back in the Almasak sector. It was a tiny pinprick in the fabric of space. With the last of her energy, she grabbed the edges of the universe and pulled. She pulled the outer dimension threw their own. Little by little turning it inside out. Roxy realized what she was doing but it was too late. With one final yank. She pulled her universe through, ejecting anything that didn't belong.

You see, Roxy figured out what was going on while her double was bragging about how many of their friends she killed. The two women were flickering between dimensions every time they touched. She figured it out when they appeared on Phang. Roxy knew that Phang had been destroyed. Putting two and two together she realized that they were in an alternate universe. She couldn't kill her double, she knew that was impossible at the power level Roxi was at. What she could do was trap her.

Roxi realized what Roxy was doing a split second too late. She pulled back her fist to punch and then...nothing. She was gone. Gone from Lar. Gone from the sector. Gone from the universe. Roxy knew that she was alive but without Roxy, Her doppelganger was trapped, unable to punch a hole back through the two dimensions. Roxy smiled as she felt a kind of sigh settle through the universe. It was relieved as she was to finally be done with that. Didn't the Seer know that throwing two Gods of space into space wouldn't end well. Roxy reversed gravity under herself, allowing her to move without putting weight on her broken leg. Slowly, she floated into the citadel, it was finally over.

[Roxy Sr. isn't dead. Therefore there is no Ascension. You're still a godling.]

Edited by Astrodeath311

(((That's fine I guess. But isn't not existing the same thing? )))

After long battles of the mind between matt and his double The older god growled loudly deteriorating all the shadow warriors. He came straight for Matt and their scythes clashed again. The older god moved so much quicker his shadows so much more powerful and he was barely running out of energy. Matt had enough energy for one last usage of shadows. If he tried anymore things after that and he would faint and surely die if his double was still alive. "do you know what happens in my time line young naive Mat? you become a monster all this power is good for is assassination and that is what happened. You used your shadows to stifle Tyler's powers until he flickered out of existence,You went to Ansgar telling him that some ship, a scout ship had taken him. Though i cant remember the name of the ship since i made it up he went on a wild goose chase. Then there was Roxy, in my time line we were the very best of friends but i thought we could be more so i asked her out. She broke my heart, so one day while she wasn't too dense to stab and she was asleep i plunged my dagger through hers. That is why i'm here to kill you before you have the chance to censorkip.gif up like i did." Matt shook his head dodging his doubles slashes as they were just random and not even aimed anymore "I will not hurt my friends, i will never hurt Roxy, Ansgar, Nikki, or even Tyler." As he spoke Matt seemed to be consumed by shadows and he walked up to his double holding the older gods scythe arm back barely by grabbing his wrist. The older god punched him repeatedly with his free arm cracking matt's ribs breaking his nose as well. Matt spat up blood and put his hand against his double's chest. Matt let the darkness and shadows from everywhere within a mile empower his last attack flowing through him into his arm, When he had enough his double hit him as hard as he could "You're trying to make me more powerful? go for it." Matt smirked "you wish." Matt disappeared with all this power in him, He reappeared right behind his double using the shadows to empower his arm. It wouldn't last long but he wrapped it around his doubles throat While spikes came out of matts chest and stabbed into his doubles back keeping him attatched as he tried to pry matt's arm off from around his neck. Matt used his other hand to push the back of his doubles head forward until a loud crack rung through the area they were in. Matt let go watching as his double started to melt into nothing but shadows. Matt spoke softly "you got too reckless almost like you wanted to die. rest in peace, though you did horrible things you must have had reasons." As Matt spoke a rush of powers and memories went into him like thousand upon thousand of home movies. He saw what every one of them did and grew respectful of what they all had to go through, Just as his double was almost completely gone he heard a faint "Thank you." Matt Felt a tug, telling him to go home. Matt shadow walked all the way back to the planet using all of his remaining energy. He made it into the shadow if the citadel looking up at it "i'm home." Right after he spoke those words he passed out laying in the shadow of his home. He was slowly regaining energy as the shadows around him seemed to protect and heal him even while he was unconscious.

((Unfortunately, a dimensional warping doesn't count as killing your opponent. If they still live, then technically you have failed the test of ascension. Admittedly, I support how you played out your character the best, a seemingly impossible foe that was way beyond your level and the only way you could think of winning was by separating the two of you. Unlike the others, where their characters grew soft and decided to make it into an actual lesson.

*sighs* I really don't know how to go about this little situation and I wish some of your plans had been discussed with me prior to actually posting them.

Anyway... let's get to the next dilemma...))

In this vast space where literally nothing ran supreme, I felt weak and powerless. Yet, my abilities were still present, they had no effect on anything within this realm. Time didn't reside here and I would not be able to stay here for very long. So, I made haste to the Creationist's chamber, honoring those who guarded the vast doors that led to where he resided. Once inside, I gazed upon the being that made the rules, that could alter anything he pleased at a whim. Yet, I couldn't even begin to describe his appearance. For, the Creationist was, but he wasn't. Is but he isn't. Has, but he hasn't. Of course, to alleviate my now confused perception, for those that gaze upon his true form are likely to go mad before they are even able to speak with him.

Now, standing before me was a more familiar figure, one that could be deemed as the Father of the Worlds, Creator of the Vast, and the Executioner of the Whole. Spike, white hair was complimented by streaks of gold that grew from an ivory frame. White robes wrapped around his body and seemed to meld into the nothingness below us. White iris' with a gold corona wrapping around the pupil stared deeply at me for a brief moment before looking out into the space of his void.

"What brings you here, child?"

"Seal my abilities for my control of them is beginning to wane and there won't be anyone aside from yourself who will be able to stop me this time."

There was a brief pause and I could hear the Creationist as he inhaled deeply before returning his gaze upon me.

"Illyasviel, you see but you do not truly understand the purpose for which I have made you. It is come time that man is renewed and you are the key to how that is executed. Do not restrain what I have given you, for it was never meant to be. It is the very fear of the fate you have witnessed that is bringing it closer and closer to reality. Now, is there anything else you wish to discuss?"

I looked at the being and pondered on his words for a moment before coming to my next point. This was the true reason I had come to an audience with the Creationist.

"If you will not reseal my abilities, then allow me to freely leave the planet."

This was something I hadn't expected. A long silence that filled the chamber, the Creationist himself turning his back to me as he seemed to ponder on my request. Ever since the fall of the Throne of the Gods, I had been bound to this planet and had to conduct all of my duties without departing. Collecting the souls of the dead, surveying the time lines of each world, watching everything crumble and not being able to do anything about it.

"Return to your planet. I have nothing to discuss further."

Before I could even retort, I could feel myself being pulled from his chambers and back into the realm of existence. A warm liquid trickled from my left nostril and a sudden vision washed over my mind once again. They had returned, the young godlings had completed their tests and were now back. I felt my body tremble and the planet itself shook with it, various patches around the world began to erode and age. I could feel the plants and animals in these sections fading away.

Grunting, I looked to Vikare and then at the ground, unsure if my second request had even been granted. There would be time later to test that, but I had to get back to the godlings and warn them. I should have warned them prior to their final test, but I wanted to see if they would travel along the appropriate path. Again, my body shook and the planet responded with three other sections beginning to wither away.

As I began to make my way back to the Citadel, something else flashed through my mind and I froze momentarily. Nikki's timeline was wavering in and out of existence, shifting between two different beings and I immediately began checking the other godlings lines. They too were wavering, but not in the same fashion as the young metal bender's. Things were beginning to grow hectic and I didn't have the answers.

Tyler awoke with a start. The last thing he had remembered was the bittersweet end of Passer 2.0. The colors from its explosion had etched themselves into his mind. He would not cry over an imitation. He would not. He looked over at Ansgar, the boy was on one of the beds like he was. He looked down at his body, noticing the spike that was still extending from his chest.

...And then it was gone. Effortlessly, simply by willing it away, it had disappeared. Controlling his power had never been this easy. Tyler was confused. He looked back through his memories, coming up on Blind's. He felt what the man had felt when he had recreated Passer. A desperate soul-crushing despair. The man had only wanted his family back. That's the only reason why he did what he did.

To be honest, Tyler did not know he had the ability to create planets. Not from nothing, of course. And he would never do it unless he absolutely had to. The faux miniature Passer's had only made him linger on the past for so long. Tyler would never end up like Blind. He was sure he would have Ansgar kill him long before that happened. So many people... Wiped away from creation. He wondered what their names were. How they lived their lives. A single tear dropped from Tyler's eye, falling onto the bed upon which he sat.

The bed. Where were they? He raised his head in confusion, spotting a Spryte in the corner before it left the room. The Sprytes.... They were back on the Seer's planet. How? She had said they wouldn't see each other again until the time came to come home. Why were they back? And how were they back? He assumed the planet would simply vanish. It would still be there, but like, in another dimension or something. That was the Seer's domain. He sighed.

Tyler left Ansgar be. However, he did pull the pillow and blanket from the boy, tossing them on the floor. He Melded together something better. An effective use of your powers, eh? Using them to make someone more comfortable. Tyler chuckled, turning away from Ansgar. He walked with a confident gait, then stopped and fell to the ground in pain. It was still there. That crack along his ribcage, delivered by Blind.

The man dominated him, even here. Even after he was already dead. It was annoying.

No matter. Tyler replicated the same technique he used on the planet of his Ascension, levitation. He moved forward with a regal look, even in his medical clothes. Wait. His medical gown?! That meant people could see his ass! That couldn't be happening, no no no! It also meant... He didn't want to think it. He raised himself up, looking around the room, but his clothes were nowhere to be seen. Tyler sighed, shaking his head hopelessly. There was nothing for it then, he'd have to change right there.

The clothes he was wearing faded away into light. It surrounded him, forming into something more fitting to the situation. A light grey shirt and pants. This was not what he normally wore, but then again, he was no longer quite normal.

After all, he was a god! His hair had been stained with white, and his eyes looked considerably brighter. They... glowed. Like Blind's had. Was this a trait of Ascension? Or was it his alone? He thought back into just before Blind had brought him to Passer. The other gods did not have glowing eyes.

Tyler smiled. It was his. Only his. He floated down to the ground, only an inch off the ground and moving forward. When he came to the door, he opened it and looked out. There was nothing but a steady click clack of boots on stone. He guessed that would be the last Spryte that was in here.

The coast was clear. He glided out, wandering about the halls until he came upon something very familiar. His old room, shared with Ansgar. He went inside. Everything was still as he had left it, the Sprytes had touched nothing. It was almost like they knew that the godlings would be returning.

He sighed, falling to his knees. He wanted desperately to crawl up into his bed and sleep for a thousand years. Tyler didn't even remember how he'd gotten back here.

It must have been Ansgar. It was the only explanation. How the boy had done it was lost to him. It dawned on him how easily it would be to die while you were unconscious. Tyler shuddered. He was glad he was alive. He hesitated, not even thinking to check if Ansgar was okay. How could he have been so foolish?

He got up and walked to the window, leaning against it and looking out. The planet looked the same as ever. He walked out, slamming the door shut with a concussive blast that was stronger than it needed to be. He wanted to be outside right now. Outside so his body could absorb the sun. He was desperately tired and that would do him good right now.

Edited by Astrodeath311

Matt woke groggily as be hear a loud slam nearby, the sprites hadn't spotted him as he was sprawled in the shadows completely blending in. He stood slowly seeing a figure though through only one eye his other too swollen to see. It was hard to tell but the being was levitating wasn't only roxy able to do that? "Roxy?! Is that you?" Matt spat blood on the ground and went to take a step only to fall to his knees in pain as his ribs were probably craved and his left leg most likely broken. He summoned two shadow people to hold him steady and help him hop towards the other person. Matt's eyes had flecks of dark gold in them, red as for the rage that his double felt but matt knew that no matter what he couldn't fall into that dark place. even someone accustomed to darkness shouldn't go that far. Matt tried to focus on the person though he couldn't, he looked through the shadows seeing what his shadows saw and he immidietly had them move him back as he bowed his head "sorry Tyler I mean no harm I think I need to find somewhere to recover though." As Matt spoke he felt shadows being disconnected they were just ceasing to a its and he looked through nearby shadows and let out a barely audible "****" before looking at Tyler "pieces of the planet are disappearing like just melting and crumbling into nothing. We need Tibet the others and leave some how some way I may be able to take a few but it would be weird and only those like roxy or maybe ansgar but the shadows would stifle you. All I know is we need a way off this planet before it falls apart completely."

Edited by voltage

Mixed emotions ran through Tyler's body when he noticed Matt behind him. The boy was talking, about how the planet was falling apart and how they needed to leave. He sighed.

"Your shadows are not necessary. If it is needed, I am able to create an atmosphere for us to travel in the void of space. Although I would not blame you if you did not want to travel with me." Tyler did not want to talk to the shadowboy, especially after he had Ascended. He bowed his head, forcing himself to say what to be said.

"I'm sorry, Matt. I've mistreated you out of my own fear and selfishness." Ascending was about facing your fears and conquering them. Tyler was a being of light; Matt of darkness, it made sense that they did not get along. But that did not mean they could not fake a relationship to further similar goals. After all, there are some things light can do that dark cannot.

Tyler wished Ansgar was awake and by him right now. But the boy was not. He always had a way of brightening the situation, something that was desperately needed right now. Even though they should be feeling elation, they did not. It was quiet desolation as the planet around them crumbled. Matt was right. It was falling apart, the core of the planet felt off. Maybe it was just dying?

He truthfully did not know. Tyler supposed he could look through Blind's memories, looking for a reference to such a situation, but did not think he could wade through the man's isolation without something to counteract the effect. He sighed.

"Why did you call me Roxy?" The thought sparked to the forefront of his mind, how he had forgotten about it was lost to him. Tyler put his head in his hands, laughing quietly.

"I'm not a girl, you know! Even if you have one eye shut, you should be able to differentiate from a man and woman. Silly boy. You even have the shadows to see for you. You can be blind and still know about the world around you." Tyler chided, then stared at Matt. The boy had been devastated by his older self, similar to Tyler and Ansgar. They were incredible feats of the Seer, pulled from their timelines to train the fledgling gods. Even though they did not agree to it.

It still wasn't fair. Vanguard had a point when he said the other timelines were never given a chance. Even if everybody had died to their older selves, the Seer would just fix it. She would rewind time until the proper solution played out. Still, the Olders shouldn't have overextended as they did. They tried to brute-force their way through the battle without respecting what their opponents could do. It was foolish of them and Tyler made a note of it in his head. He would not make the same mistake that Blind did, he would not be so clouded in darkness.

Did it all have a point? Would it all be worth it in the end? Was it all enough? These were questions Tyler did not have the answers to. It was annoying to just not know. Ah...That's life, though. You don't get to change it, just have to roll with punches.

Sometimes he wished he had died in the events after Passer. There was nothing left in the world for him, but he made his own way through. He survived. Prospered. He lived. Wasn't his time to go.

There was nothing for a broken heart. No drug could cure it, the only possible solution was time. Time, time, time. That was the Seer's domain. It's weird to know how time can heal and destroy at the same time. On one hand it heals your wounds, and on the other, your body decays away to nothingness.

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey. It was all pointless in the end.

Roxy made it to her room and shut the door behind her. She Let herself fall to the ceiling, increasing the size of her clothing to circus tent proportions so she could slip painlessly out. Using her powers hurt her in a way that that she ha never hurt before. It was like someone was pulling on her soul a little too hard. She allowed herself to landing less that perfectly on her bed. The impact sent a new wave of pain ripping through her body. A small price to pay for making it back to her bed in one piece.

Roxy's breathing wheezed as she closed her eyes. She didn't seem to be healing as quickly as she could before. She assumed that she had to be critically damaged and her body was focusing on more important things. She thought about her other self that she finished fighting just minutes before.

Her hair was black for most of the fight. That was something strange that she noticed. Since all Phangite's hair changed color with mood, it was something she tended to pay attention to . She even found herself staring at her friends hair around the Citadel, expecting it to change. Yxor just seemed, dark. Her hair was monochrome, she fought dirty, she bragged about killing Matt. They had even destroyed Phang as well as the entire Almaak system. She had almost forgot about that. They had destroyed Phang when they jumped at the same time. Her hair shifted to a dark blue and she began to cry. Her home world, no matter how horrible it was to her, was gone. It hurt, to know that she ended so many lives. She was lucky that almost all of the planets in the Almaak system were dead or the burden would be greater on he heart.

She couldn't even kill her double. She wasn't strong enough. If her hunch was incorrect, she would be dead right now. Still, the test was to kill their double and Roxy didn't, she thought. She didn't even know there were other dimensions. She had always felt huge masses moving somewhere in deep space but she always thought it was just the limit of her powers.

Did that mean the others killed their doubles? She shuddered at the thought. did that make her weak? She certainly didn't feel any more godlike, even if she never really felt like a god to begin with. Her tears had stopped long ago, leaving tight streaks on her skin where they had dried. Maybe it was all for nothing. Everything the Seer put her through, everything she put them through. She felt like she let down the team. Even if she hadn't seen any of them she assumed they all made it back ok.

Roxy let out a shaky breath and her body settled into her bed. Maybe when she woke up everything would be alright. Her body wouldn't be broken. Her friends would all be back just fine. Everything will go back to normal.

Matt shook his head "honestly we have had our fights as we should, I mean we are too opposing things, light and dark essentially. Being polar opposites would make us have our arguments and even fears of the other, I mean I'm always afraid you'll make a light so bright no shadow can get near it making me useless but why should I fear someone that has been around me for so long and hasn't tried to kill me yet?" Matt chuckled at Tyler "I didn't check my shadows at first and all I saw was a floating mass, I was guessing Roxy because I thought only she could float. I think we should warn them, you tell ansgar and ill deal with the one that could crush my skull in a second, sound good?" Matt waited impatiently starting to move towards the citadel.

"What makes you think I haven't wanted to, Matt?" Tyler's words were simple. But they carried deadly intent. He sighed. They didn't carry the message he wanted them to carry. It was too late to take them back.

"Ansgar is still unconscious, last I checked. I didn't see Roxy in the infirmary, so she's probably in her room or something. Get going, boy." With that, Tyler walked past the boy back into the citadel, navigating the turns and twists to where Ansgar lay.

When Tyler arrived, a Spryte was cleaning up after his mess. He sighed, entering.

"Sorry about that. I should have put those away." The Spryte looked up, startled, then noticed him and sighed.

"It's quite alright." He said, quietly. "I've done this many times by now."

"I see. Sorry again."The Spryte nodded, placing the blanket and pillow at the foot of the bed for future use. Then he left.

Tyler walked up to Ansgar. The boy still seemed to be sleeping, so he sat on his own bed. Nothing to do now but wait.

Matt shook his head and smirked "anytime you wanna try it you little firefly ill just have to make sure to get out in time." He spoke lightly and chuckled as he joked with Tyler. "Who you calling boy I'm already there." Matt had shifted through the shadows and was now outside Roxy's door. He knocked softly "I'm coming in roxy! I can't see well anyways so please don't crush my bones if your not decently dressed." Matt opened the door hobbling inside and immediately fell upwards and he smacked against the ceiling "**** forgot about the whole zero gravity in here or whatever it is"

Roxy was almost out when she heard a knock at the door. She tired to reverse gravity to pull away from in front of her door but her powers weren't responding. Reversing gravity took too much energy. She cracked one bloodshot eye and watched helplessly as Matt walked right into her room without giving her time to answer. She sighed and threw her blanket over her body as Matt fell to her ceiling next to her bed. She rolled her head to the left and looked at the shadow bender, "Matt. How many time do we have to tell you not to barge into people's rooms?" she scolded, "I have been through a lot and I'm really not in the mood to deal with you." She knew it sounded mean, that what she was going for. Could anyone blame her though. She thinks she deserves a little down time so she can recuperate from her fight with herself. She would have to ask one of the sprytes to instal a lock on her door when she wakes up. Her open door policy was clearly being abused. She looked back at the floor and closed her eyes again. Why did Matt only show up when she was indecent?

Matt groaned " i know, i know bad timing as ever this is important though, the planet is disintegrating, parts of it seem to be just crumbling. i noticed shadows leaving existence and looking through other shadows i saw it, this planet is unstable we really need to leave unless you can somehow stop planets from crumbling. Not in the mood to deal with me? what happened? on second thought the planet thing is more important right now i believe though you can survive in space i still think the explosion would take a toll on you. believe me after the last time i barged in on you i wouldn't do it ever again if not of absolute importance, or at least to me it is." He knew that she was probably really hurt and knew she needed rest but he was letting her know. "If you really need rest fine, i know you can survive in space so when the time comes when we need to go ill shadow transport you, your bed and your clothes to a nearby planet. i'm sorry for disturbing you." He sounded sad but then again his home was disappearing all of his friends would probably scatter and he would be lucky to see them again. He shadow transported outside her room and sat beside her door "be my guest, rest. Once the citadel's shadow is almost gone i will get us off this planet and somewhere you can change. Then...we will all have to work on finding a new home.."

Roxy groaned loudly and sat up. Her core felt better, her ribs were not broken and her lungs no longer punctured. That was a plus. Her arm and leg were still basically useless. She rubbed her face and glared daggers at Matt, "I can survive in space dipshit. That's, like, my whole thing", she said, already tired of talking. She slid from bed and floated weightless in her underwear. She aimed herself at the wall to the left and gently touched down on her good leg. She pulled out a simple grey t-shirt with the logo worn almost completely away and a pair of ripped jeans. She enlarged her cloths so she could slip into them without agitating her wounds.

One thing was for sure. Matt was telling the truth about the planet breaking up. She could feel it. She shrunk her clothing back to their correct size. Out of habit, she checked herself over in the full length mirror Tyler made for her. Her face looked a little less like hell. It didn't look as swollen at least. She floated off the ground and fell to the front door. She popped it open with her toe and glanced at Matt, "I could save Lar...on my best day. Right now I can't even throw you out, let alone stabilize an entire planet's gravitational pull", she said sadly. She dropped from through her door, letting herself be righted in the hall, "I say we regroup and wait for the Seer. This has to be part of a test", she muttered the last part, hoping it was true. For now, she nodded to Matt and drifted down the hall to find the others.

Edited by padfoot