cyradis4

Request: No new Prize breeds, please!

But they CAN be caught by anyone, they are just tough to find.

Exactly. Everyone has the ability to catch one when it's released to the cave. Few have a chance at a dragon that is based purely on luck to obtain and only comes out in a small number once a year.

But it does. Because without any NEW ones there won't be MORE "I can't have it" gripes, and there will also be an increasing pool of the existing ones.

Can we not have all the nice ones you want to see released in cave - more nice ones for EVERYONE to catch ?

We already get these 'gripes' just with the same prizes since many people have goals of getting bred prizes from all cb prizes handed out.

I think prize dragons have a certain shiny look. I like them as prizes. Yes, we have some shiny dragons in cave, but there are already so many other nice dragons I'd like to see released. But they wouldn't be the same as prize dragons, just like prize dragons made to be prize dragons wouldn't exactly be the same in cave. You know I'm always for more releases, but (for one, continuing the raffles as they are aren't going to affect releases any more than events do) if raffles are continued, I would like to see new dragon blood.

I think a new species brings new excitement. Not that I will win a raffle (not sure if I even can), but I don't like shimmers and I have enough tinsels, that I'd go for a cb hybrid instead (which I'd love to see more of anyway), but I think it would get a bit boring never having a new prize dragon.

I like the precedent as it's been set at two years, but if people wanted to go for three/at least found three more bearable before a new prize was introduced, I think that would be okay to.

But they CAN be caught by anyone, they are just tough to find.

And you CAN win prizes. Everyone who fulfills the requirements can. The chance is just low. And I don't see what's wrong with accepting lineaged ones, which are unlimited. After a holiday season is over, you probably can't catch a caveborn one anymore, either.

I'd like to see more new prize dragons, personally. I love the excitement when everyone wants to see the new breed and how everyone wants to get it.

Edited by xDragonia

I am against this suggestion. Rather, I'd support a new breed if the amount of CBs given out in the first raffle was equivalent to the total number of previous prizes (one breed or the other, not combined).

I think a new species brings new excitement.

Yes, it does. When released in cave, too. Which doesn't leave anyone without a prayer !

And you CAN win prizes. Everyone who fulfills the requirements can. The chance is just low. And I don't see what's wrong with accepting lineaged ones, which are unlimited. After a holiday season is over, you probably can't catch a caveborn one anymore, either.

I'd like to see more new prize dragons, personally. I love the excitement when everyone wants to see the new breed and how everyone wants to get it.

You've just told me that my way of playing, which is building pretty even gen lineages, is wrong.

Why?

The number of existing CBs is so low that I haven't a prayer of getting the 2nd gens I need to build the lineages I want, with 6 of the more beautiful sprites there are. But! I've caught a couple Coppers, and a couple Silvers and a couple Golds. Enough that I can swap 2nd gens with other owners, and build lineages that way. As for catching Golds and Silvers and Coppers.... Yes, it takes luck. But with less luck than a RAFFLE winner needs, I can catch said CB Metal. There is always a chance for something like what happened with my first CB Gold: I was one of only two people in Jungle when she turned up! I actually refreshed over her once and still got her.

As for winning prizes.... Even if there are only 2k raffle tickets, I've got a better chance of being hit by lightning, according to National Geographic (I got the stats for lightning hits from them).

Which is also the point of this request. With each raffle, everyone has another chance for their number to come up. Add in new prize dragons and.... CB Tinsels and Shimmers will eventually leave the game through user attrition, their existing 2nd gens will also eventually leave. We've already lost multiple users who had the original 30 Tinsels. And many of the 2nd year are unknown because they were never bred. And we've lost some of their users, too.

Cheers!

C4.

I fully support keeping the current prizes, but not supporting giving out new ones ever.

It could work very well, to give out like 80 of the new ones and 30 tins, 30 shimmers next year, or move them to HM.

Also, with ratios the way they are, CBs, even if given out each year, will breed less and less as the users can and will breed a lot more higher gens than lower gens.

You've just told me that my way of playing, which is building pretty even gen lineages, is wrong.

Why?

The number of existing CBs is so low that I haven't a prayer of getting the 2nd gens I need to build the lineages I want, with 6 of the more beautiful sprites there are. But! I've caught a couple Coppers, and a couple Silvers and a couple Golds. Enough that I can swap 2nd gens with other owners, and build lineages that way. As for catching Golds and Silvers and Coppers.... Yes, it takes luck. But with less luck than a RAFFLE winner needs, I can catch said CB Metal. There is always a chance for something like what happened with my first CB Gold: I was one of only two people in Jungle when she turned up! I actually refreshed over her once and still got her.

As for winning prizes.... Even if there are only 2k raffle tickets, I've got a better chance of being hit by lightning, according to National Geographic (I got the stats for lightning hits from them).

Which is also the point of this request. With each raffle, everyone has another chance for their number to come up. Add in new prize dragons and.... CB Tinsels and Shimmers will eventually leave the game through user attrition, their existing 2nd gens will also eventually leave. We've already lost multiple users who had the original 30 Tinsels. And many of the 2nd year are unknown because they were never bred. And we've lost some of their users, too.

Cheers!

C4.

But who says that tinsels and shimmer-scales wouldn't be available prizes anymore, just because a new prize-breed gets added? I understand what you mean and don't want to be rude or something. No way. ;_; I just think that if there would be no more new prize breeds, other people would get bored of the current ones and start missing new prize breeds.

But who says that tinsels and shimmer-scales wouldn't be available prizes anymore, just because a new prize-breed gets added? I understand what you mean and don't want to be rude or something. No way. ;_; I just think that if there would be no more new prize breeds, other people would get bored of the current ones and start missing new prize breeds.

No decision is irreversible, and IF the existing Prizes ever became common enough that 2nd gens could be had for a CB metal, then I'd agree. However.... Given user attrition, I don't see that ever happening. Not unless TJ greatly increased the number of Prizes awarded / raffle.

Right now? People offer a dozen CB metals, and don't get a single bite, because the number of CBs is so low that they just don't produce many 2nd gens. No 2nd gens = no ability to trade said 2nd gens. Most CB Prize owners are more reasonable, but their lists are always full and even if you do get on the list, you'll be waiting a year or more, if you're in one of the higher slots. Some lists I've been on, I've been on for over 2 years.

And have people lost interest in CB Golds and CB Silvers? Not that I've noticed. Those dragons have been out nearly as long as the Cave (or maybe as long as!).

And STILL people are not tired of Golds and Silvers. So I see no reason to suspect that CB Tinsels and Shimmers, which are generated a LOT less frequently than CB Golds and CB Silvers, will ever be tired of. Quite the contrary! I know a lot of people who don't care about them BECAUSE they can't get them in low gen versions that are usable in lineages. Make the 2nd gens more obtainable, and I think people will be MORE interested in these 6 beautiful sprites, not less.

Cheers!

C4.

Yeah, I'm going to support this at least for a while. Maybe eventually new Prize breeds would be okay, but I'd like to see more cave rares and other things to balance out the prizes before we have any new prize dragons to collect.

Eh, personally I would rather see a new breed every few years, but I can get why people interested in low gens would want this.

What about if the tinsels and shimmers are replaced they are also made eligible for HM? There would undoubtedly still be an influx of them an it would give HM winners something to pick other than Hollies and things that cant be CB.

Eh, personally I would rather see a new breed every few years, but I can get why people interested in low gens would want this.

What about if the tinsels and shimmers are replaced they are also made eligible for HM? There would undoubtedly still be an influx of them an it would give HM winners something to pick other than Hollies and things that cant be CB.

There were only 30 HM awarded this year. There are 6 current Prize sprites, plus the Holly. Unless the HMs were vastly increased.... Placing the old ones as HMs wouldn't do any good.

Cheers!

C4.

I honestly agree. Just.. put my vote in.

And if there has to be new prizes, make them a long time from now.

(People, consider the fact that dragcave may run for the next 10 years. Do you not think a new prize would then be necessary?)

Ok, I added the point about reviewing the situation in a few years, to see if 2nd gens are easier to obtain.

I mean seriously, in 5 years there could well be enough CBs that the lower gens are available in meaningful numbers. But for now... They aren't.

Cheers!

C4.

Personally, shimmer and tinsel prizes (6 total when factoring in colors) I think is enough. If new ones were to be allowed in, then I think the time frame should be upped. Right now the pattern appears to be 2 years.. maybe up it to 3 or 4 years years between new additions?

But it isn't preventing a new breed. Any breed that could become a prize dragon could just as easily be a regular release. The Shimmer was created as a new rare to be released into the cave before it turned into a prize instead. No new prize breed does not equate with that breed not being released for all players to enjoy.

The month after a holiday is usually void of new releases, except the prizes following Christmas. Nix new prizes and, unless TJ changes January for a release, you do eliminate the release of a new breed (assuming, of course, that new prize releases follow an every other year pattern).

I think releasing new breeds is okay as long as they don't result in the decrease of the prizes overall. For example there are currently 120 prizes excluding the HMs. With the addition of a hypothetical 3rd breed there should be 180 prizes excluding the HMs rather than the number of total prizes staying the same.

So no, I do not support this, although it is a good idea smile.gif

ETA: or there could be two breeds per raffle but the combination is changed yearly So one year you'd get tinsels and 3rd breed,, next year shimmers and 3rd breed, tinsels and shimmers after that, and so on.

Edited by ylangylang

I think releasing new breeds is okay as long as they don't result in the decrease of the prizes overall. For example there are currently 120 prizes excluding the HMs. With the addition of a hypothetical 3rd breed there should be 180 prizes excluding the HMs rather than the number of total prizes staying the same.

So no, I do not support this, although it is a good idea smile.gif

Several people have brought it up, so I'll add it to the first post. That so long as the current breeds are still released, then new breeds aren't bad.

Though I personally feel that having SIX Prize sprites is more than enough. There are only about 100 breeds in the cave, so those 6 exclusive breeds are about 5% of the total in-cave sprites.

As for the "no new release" if you release the same breeds.... How many people here managed to get Tinsels within 3 months of their release? I know I didn't! My first came in August of that year, 7 months after they were released. So that hardly qualified as a "January" release, at least not for me.

What about shimmers? Anyone got shimmers within the first 3 months? I know I didn't. My first didn't come till about May of that year, or 4 months after they were released. And that 4th gen's offspring? Traded for CB metals.

In short: Prizes do not count as a "release" for the vast majority of the userbase. There are too few of the CBs to produce enough 2nd gens within the first few months for it to be any other way.

Cheers!

C4.

Edited by cyradis4

The month after a holiday is usually void of new releases, except the prizes following Christmas. Nix new prizes and, unless TJ changes January for a release, you do eliminate the release of a new breed (assuming, of course, that new prize releases follow an every other year pattern).

The reason that we don't have a release in January is because of the raffle. January could very easily go back to being just another month and have it's own release, after all a release that is only going to a handful of people still gives the majority nothing at all to do. To me, it would be much better to have a normal release min month after Christmas dragons have grown up. People were chomping at the bit this January hoping each weekend was going to be the next release and many were disappointed that we got nothing, but this ends up being slightly off topic.

Still, since a prize dragon seems to currently come out every two years, we still don't have a new breed every January so we're still not losing anything. The dragon will still be released eventually.

Though I personally feel that having SIX Prize sprites is more than enough. There are only about 100 breeds in the cave, so those 6 exclusive breeds are about 5% of the total in-cave sprites.

Oh yes. I do see how having say 7 breeds of different raffle prize dragons can get frustrating. However I think that with a long term between unveiling a new breed, the results won't escalate as much.

Also it's why I suggested the "combination" method. Although perhaps that number should be increased as time goes too.

Oh yes. I do see how having say 7 breeds of different raffle prize dragons can get frustrating. However I think that with a long term between unveiling a new breed, the results won't escalate as much.

Also it's why I suggested the "combination" method. Although perhaps that number should be increased as time goes too.

Given how the Prize dragons have been handled, it likely wouldn't be 7 breeds, it'd be 9: Three sets of Gold, Silver, and Bronze. And the number of Prize dragons would go up by multiples of three.

Cheers!

C4.

Edited by cyradis4

The reason that we don't have a release in January is because of the raffle. January could very easily go back to being just another month and have it's own release, after all a release that is only going to a handful of people still gives the majority nothing at all to do. To me, it would be much better to have a normal release min month after Christmas dragons have grown up. People were chomping at the bit this January hoping each weekend was going to be the next release and many were disappointed that we got nothing, but this ends up being slightly off topic.

Still, since a prize dragon seems to currently come out every two years, we still don't have a new breed every January so we're still not losing anything. The dragon will still be released eventually.

And so you'd rather wait longer for more dragons. Okay. I'd rather get one every other year than not at all. Just my two cents. I like new prizes, but not every one does/will.

And is the reason that there is a raffle or is it that, like Halloween, the holiday is at the end of the month when new breed releases fall at the beginning? I thought that was why there wasn't a release for months following late holidays. (a bit off topic, I know)

Edited by adrak

I suspect the reason there was no January release is, indeed, related to the Prize dragons. But I'd hardly call a dragon that only 120 people get a "release".

As for the releases being months apart... Before 2013, that's how they always were. Months and months apart. The new release schedule started what, March of last year? So maybe if we asked nicely, TJ will give us a true release next January, one that everyone can participate in. Rather than one that only a very few extra luck ones benefit from. He's already said that he could have done an early October release, he just brain cramped and didn't realize that until after he'd announced that there wouldn't be one.

Cheers!

C4.

Given how the Prize dragons have been handled, it likely wouldn't be 7 breeds, it'd be 9: Three sets of Gold, Silver, and Bronze. And the number of Prize dragons would go up by multiples of three.

Cheers!

C4.

Oh no I meant, uhm, when I said "breed" I didn't mean that say, you could get Gold A dragon, Silver B dragon, Bronze C dragon, and so forth; I meant all the colors in the breed itself-say, Gold A, Silver A, Bronze A dragon, as a set. As in, I was counting all the types of tinsels and shimmers as one. So it'd be like

Raffle 1

-Tinsel and Shimmer

Gold tinsel

Silver tinsel

Bronze tinsel

Gold shimmer

Silver shimmer

Bronze shimmer

Raffle 2

-Tinsel and 3rd dragon

Gold tinsel

Silver tinsel

Bronze tinsel

Gold 3rd

Silver 3rd

Bronze 3rd

and so on biggrin.gif Is that more clear? D:

Oh no I meant, uhm, when I said "breed" I didn't mean that say, you could get Gold A dragon, Silver B dragon, Bronze C dragon, and so forth; I meant all the colors in the breed itself-say, Gold A, Silver A, Bronze A dragon, as a set. As in, I was counting all the types of tinsels and shimmers as one. So it'd be like

Raffle 1

-Tinsel and Shimmer

Gold tinsel

Silver tinsel

Bronze tinsel

Gold shimmer

Silver shimmer

Bronze shimmer

Raffle 2

-Tinsel and 3rd dragon

Gold tinsel

Silver tinsel

Bronze tinsel

Gold 3rd

Silver 3rd

Bronze 3rd

and so on biggrin.gif Is that more clear? D:

And there would STILL be 9 sprites that couldn't be used for lineage projects that aren't stairs:

Gold Tinsels

Gold Shimmers

Gold newbie

Silver Tinsels

Silver Shimmers

Silver Newbies

Bronze Tinsels

Bronze Shimmers

Bronze newbies

Count em... 9. Or... 10% of the currently released "normal" dragon population. I personally think that's a far too high a percentage of "exclusive" breeds to "normal" breeds. For that matter, I think the current 5% "Exclusive" to "Regular" is too high.

Cheers!

C4.