Descripforce

Description Force!

51 minutes ago, Herk said:

Depends - if it's a question at the end you could end in an ellipsis that works for at least some cases or if it's in the middle you could try the format "What would Herk do - probably cheat around the issue" or just rewrite completely :/

That has been an issue for years

Ah... Unfortunately, the question is part of some dialogue. Drat. 

What I often do to avoid question marks is use "<whoever> asks..." sort of thing, but I don't think that would work in your specific case. Looking at your description again, I think you should be able to work your question into a statement (i.e. quoting your dragon as saying, "I find life is but a grand chase.") While it may not be as elegant, it conveys the same concept you're trying to express with the question without using the non-existent punctuation mark. 

14 hours ago, Kakaru_of_DOOM said:

What I often do to avoid question marks is use "<whoever> asks..." sort of thing, but I don't think that would work in your specific case. Looking at your description again, I think you should be able to work your question into a statement (i.e. quoting your dragon as saying, "I find life is but a grand chase.") While it may not be as elegant, it conveys the same concept you're trying to express with the question without using the non-existent punctuation mark. 

Ah, there's the initials from the response, that's a great idea! Thank you, I'll have to do just that ^^

13 hours ago, Lagie said:

In one of mine, I just left them out entirely. :rolleyes:

https://dragcave.net/view/nfAQm

I almost snorted out my tea, Lagie xD

7 hours ago, BrazenChase said:

I almost snorted out my tea, Lagie xD

XD Happy to amuse!