Descripforce

Description Force!

29 minutes ago, Lagie said:

It is, isn't it? XD

Yes! Lovely thing to do. People are so creative! I wrote one too- if anyone sees a description of a Dragon named Anlux, that's mine! 

Speaking of reviewing, I don't recall anyone answering my question about signing description comments. Have I not been seeing signed comments on my dragons simply because everyone has been too lazy lately, or is there some more serious reason? I've not been reviewing since I noticed the dearth because I'm not sure whether to sign my comments or not.

5 hours ago, Kakaru_of_DOOM said:

Speaking of reviewing, I don't recall anyone answering my question about signing description comments. Have I not been seeing signed comments on my dragons simply because everyone has been too lazy lately, or is there some more serious reason? I've not been reviewing since I noticed the dearth because I'm not sure whether to sign my comments or not.

I think I saw you sign your comment on several of my descriptions, but I haven't seen a single signing of a comment aside from that. I'll start doing it with an AiS/AS if I can 😁

10 hours ago, Kakaru_of_DOOM said:

To my knowledge there's nothing wrong with signing your comments. I still see some people do it.

I do now and then. A simple L, but when I'm reviewing on my phone I tend to keep things short.

Okay, nice to know. I was just wondering, since at the time I stopped DragCave there were two or three people who were regularly signing comments ... perhaps it's just luck? Anyways. The contrast just startled me. Glad to have that cleared up.

• Reject: Describe the Dragon's character and appearance, this is not for story telling. It's why it's called a "description" and not a "story".

Bah, who's the killjoy who keeps saying "No storytelling" as their reason for rejecting descriptions? That's what I've been doing on my dergs for years and I haven't gotten any complaints about it until now, on my Garland. I've looked around here before and this isn't the first time people have been complaining about this guy...

Edited by FlyingDragona

43 minutes ago, FlyingDragona said:

Bah, who's the killjoy who keeps saying "No storytelling" as their reason for rejecting descriptions? That's what I've been doing on my dergs for years and I haven't gotten any complaints about it until now, on my Garland. I've looked around here before and this isn't the first time people have been complaining about this guy...

Was your garland that awesome one with the avatars of destruction?

I'm thinking this person just doesn't 'get' it.

Yes it was! I'm glad you noticed :D It had been a long time since I had actually gotten comments on my descriptions, so it was bittersweet seeing two comments; one who was surprised to see that Garlands spawned AoDs, the other being... that. Hope that guy gets over themselves... >_>

3 minutes ago, FlyingDragona said:

Yes it was! I'm glad you noticed :D It had been a long time since I had actually gotten comments on my descriptions, so it was bittersweet seeing two comments; one who was surprised to see that Garlands spawned AoDs, the other being... that. Hope that guy gets over themselves... >_>

I had meant to sign it (L) then realized as I clicked that I hadn't.

Setting myself a goal to knock out 100 descriptions tonight. Putting it here so I have to actually do it :P 

40 minutes ago, Kaini said:

Setting myself a goal to knock out 100 descriptions tonight. Putting it here so I have to actually do it :P 

Rah. Rah. You can do it! :nyan:

P.S. Thanks! :D

Edited by Lagie

48 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Rah. Rah. You can do it! :nyan:

P.S. Thanks! :D

Queue is below 900... now Kai has a cold and needs a nap. zzzz

"I'll write descriptions for all my dragons, it'll be easy," I thought.

"Surely they can't take that long to write, can they?"

...I have been proven wrong about the not long and easy part, but I will persevere

1 hour ago, AislinnSi said:

"I'll write descriptions for all my dragons, it'll be easy," I thought.

"Surely they can't take that long to write, can they?"

...I have been proven wrong about the not long and easy part, but I will persevere

Some of them fall into place immediately. Others take forever to work out! And heaven forbid I hit the 1000 limit without my thoughts being complete. XD Keep at it!

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Some of them fall into place immediately. Others take forever to work out! And heaven forbid I hit the 1000 limit without my thoughts being complete. XD Keep at it!

Indeed, I hate it when I hit that 1000 limit and I'm like "...There's no way I can cram the other 50 characters in to finish this sentence" and I have to go re-write a large portion of the description.:rolleyes:

I also found out one of my dragons got a description approved, after I was going through and double checking some old descriptions! 😁 I wish the system would give an update notification whenever we got a description commented on or approved though, that would be handy.

Edited by AislinnSi

2 minutes ago, AislinnSi said:

I also found out one of my dragons got a description approved, after I was going through and double checking some old descriptions! 😁 I wish the system would give an update notification whenever we got a description commented on or approved though, that would be handy.

Kind of like this dragon's thinking! XD

As much as I like seeing the solid bell with a notification, I write a few descriptions a week and will find the constant "ringing" annoying!

I must apologize for resubmitting a certain sakuhana wyvern's description. I wrote "the" which should've been "an", and that bugs me. :)

What I've been doing is putting all my 'pending' descriptions into a group as soon as I finish the description and semi-regularly checking every dragon in that group. When a description gets approved, I evict the dragon from my 'pending' group. It's not perfect, but at least it's something. Perhaps a similar system could help some of you all?

I pretty well ignore my notification bell anyways since it rarely if ver does anything,  so I wouldn't notice if it was on all the time. Perhaps it would be a good idea it there were an option to toggle notifications on/off for "[dragon]'s description was [approved/rejected]"?

I have a spreadsheet. :D

Yeah, something like the notifications on the forum that we can pick from would be nice.

On 3/16/2019 at 5:39 PM, FlyingDragona said:

I haven't gotten one yet but... oof, I'd be annoyed as heck if someone was like that to me.

18 hours ago, Lagie said:

Kind of like this dragon's thinking! XD

Oh I love that! 😄

2 hours ago, Dirtytabs said:

As much as I like seeing the solid bell with a notification, I write a few descriptions a week and will find the constant "ringing" annoying!

I must apologize for resubmitting a certain sakuhana wyvern's description. I wrote "the" which should've been "an", and that bugs me. :)

It'd be nice if you could set options as to what you want to be notified about; Do you want to be notified only when someone comments, or when a description is approved, or every time someone hits the accept/abstain or reject button? Or just turn it off completely if you don't care for it.

2 hours ago, Kakaru_of_DOOM said:

What I've been doing is putting all my 'pending' descriptions into a group as soon as I finish the description and semi-regularly checking every dragon in that group. When a description gets approved, I evict the dragon from my 'pending' group. It's not perfect, but at least it's something. Perhaps a similar system could help some of you all?

I pretty well ignore my notification bell anyways since it rarely if ver does anything,  so I wouldn't notice if it was on all the time. Perhaps it would be a good idea it there were an option to toggle notifications on/off for "[dragon]'s description was [approved/rejected]"?

This is what I've been doing, sort of. I just have a giant group called "descriptions" which is meant for all my dragons that have descriptions, whether they've been approved or not. It's just annoying going through and clicking on all 50-ish of my described dragons hoping one has been approved yet.

On a side note, it looks a few of my descriptions got approved finally! Okorasa now has a description, and all I need to do is a write a corresponding one for a certain golden wyvern that snatched up a scale from one of her tables and replaced it with it's own shimmering one... :D

Edited by AislinnSi

7 hours ago, AislinnSi said:

It's just annoying going through and clicking on all 50-ish of my described dragons hoping one has been approved yet.

That's why I have a separate 'pending' group - so I don't need to slog through the already-approved descriptions. Given that 'already-described' covers about 90+% of my scroll (everything after Dakari and before Singer of Souls), that would probably be fatal. But yeah, clicking on my fourty-odd pending dragons is a little annoying.

KoD, I've missed your GoNC-based descriptions! :D 

On 3/25/2019 at 8:49 PM, Dirtytabs said:

KoD, I've missed your GoNC-based descriptions! :D 

Thanks! I'm glad someone remembers me.

For some inexplicable reason, the denizens of Poopoo Palace get a disproportionately high number of no-comment rejects. I wonder why...