Descripforce

Description Force!

Click on Account, then on Review User Descriptions. Choices are Accept/Reject/Abstain with the option to leave a comment.

1 hour ago, Twimm said:

Oh, cool!

And if I wanted to review other users' descriptions, how would I go about doing that? I've never tried before, but I've got all this free time on my hands suddenly (long story short: my boss let me go because of a work injury).

Hooray! A new reviewer! :D

What Mathcat said! ^

8 hours ago, Twimm said:

Just curious, what's the turnaround time on getting Descriptions approved so they appear on the scroll? I recall way back when it was hit or miss - I had one that that was approved by a mod within the month, but another one sitting there for at least 3 months before a mod got to it. I don't actually remember how long it took. Long enough that I lost interest in checking, and now I don't remember which dragon that was lol.

I'm writing some descriptions right now for some of my Halloween dragons, just curious if anything has changed with how they are reviewed and approved....

I'm doing my best but there are over 800 in the backlog and I got a new job and had less time to mess with them : D I try to poke at a few a night. When things settle hopefully I'll have more time to boop ^^

2 hours ago, Kaini said:

I'm doing my best but there are over 800 in the backlog and I got a new job and had less time to mess with them : D I try to poke at a few a night. When things settle hopefully I'll have more time to boop ^^

No pressure intended, Kaini! I was just trying to get my expectations to be realistic =P You are doing a great public service! ^_^

I know this isnt making descriptions perse, but I have a question.

I have some pending descriptions, and have it set so I can see them when I click on the dragons. But I can only see them on one dragon, the other three I cant see them. Is this normal? The one I can see is defo pending as its new and says pending on it. 

If you wanna see if its the same for you in this group theres only 4 for now!

https://dragcave.net/group/104996

You can only see pending descriptions once they've hit a certain ranking from the regular reviewers - if no one has seen your descriptions, or there aren't enough 'accepts', or too many 'rejects', or a 'reject' by a reviewer with a high ranking (or something similar) then NO ONE can see it.

If you mean assistance in writing them, most definitely!

Once they're approved, you can make a group and share your group here:

@Kaini, do you have any review time left today? I suddenly have a bunch of zombies in my review queue (not to mention my own pending zombie).

Lagie? I realise you do a lot of reviewing, and that means you're probably near up-to-date with the queue. I did a little bit just now and am not seeing any zombies. I suspect I'm seeing older descriptions you've already reviewed and cleared. I would like a chance to see the zombies too, so if Kaini plows through them now as you're asking, occasional reviewers including myself won't get the chance to see them. Meanwhile, I have a pair of arcanae from last Halloween that are still pending. I don't mean to sound impatient, but a lot of other descriptions have come and gone in that time. One of the reasons I like to describe is to see the comments left by other users, and a description needs to be in the queue for a while to get a decent number of those. I'm curious to see what (if anything) people think about my freshly-undead zombie, but if she gets insta-approved I won't get that chance. So, uh, could you please share the zombies? I don't mean to offend.

I could have @Kakaru_of_DOOM, had I seen this sooner. Sorry. As it is, my queue was very short and probably about 70% zombie yesterday.

Heya folks, I'm going through and reading some descriptions right now! So far all the ones I've gotten have been pretty good.

7 hours ago, mukuroikusabas said:

Heya folks, I'm going through and reading some descriptions right now! So far all the ones I've gotten have been pretty good.

Yay! Another reader/writer! Welcome!

17 hours ago, mukuroikusabas said:

Cool, new reviewer! Welcome. :) And I hope you're having fun writing, too.

Edited by Dirtytabs

random question here - do descriptions on zombie dragons only appear when the zombie itself is visible? I ask only because the last description to appear as Pending on my scroll is an undead dragon... and if the description only appears at night, that would explain why its lagged behind the others!

I'm not exactly sure what question you're asking, Twimm, but here are a my observations on the topic of zombies, descriptions, and pending-visible descriptions.

When I click on Ondarix, his approved description is (unfortunately) not visible while he is not visible. However, when reviewing descriptions I have seen undead during the daytime. The "this dragon has been killed" message appears above the description, so some reviewers may not notice that it says "Undead dragon" in the breed and refresh to get another description, assuming that it is a described-and-killed dragon whose description will be permanently lost anyways. You might want to check for comments to compare your zombie to your others.

That being said, even with non-zombies I have experienced a wide variety of delays between when I describe a dragon and when it becomes visible. Some show up almost right away, others take days or weeks. I believe this is based on how many users are reviewing when your dragon comes through the queue, and/or if someone with a lot of reviewing power sees your description right away.

Does this answer your question?

I found many zombies in my review queue on Halloween but I have seen the occasional one go through at other times (not sure if it's been the 31st on those days). My own zombie has been pending for months with - appropriately? - 13 accepts!

User Comments

• Accept:
  • Accept:
  • Accept:
  • Accept:
  • Accept:
  • Accept:
  • Accept:
  • Accept:
  • Accept:
  • Accept:
  • Accept:
  • Accept:
  • Accept:

I think that helps, guys =) I was trying to figure out if my zombie's user description would only appear when his sprite is visible, and not just the gravestone. If I understand you right, Kakaru, the description will only appear during night time hours, just like the sprite?

Given the fact that we used to get the "OMG why are the descriptions of dead dragons still in the queue" BECAUSE tombstones instead of Zombies were visible I think the difference in your comments is more due to chanc.

3 hours ago, Twimm said:

I think that helps, guys 😃 I was trying to figure out if my zombie's user description would only appear when his sprite is visible, and not just the gravestone. If I understand you right, Kakaru, the description will only appear during night time hours, just like the sprite?

Yep. It's daytime DC time right now, so check all the gravestones in this group (ignore the living). The top three have no user description even though the first two have enough Accepts to show up as pending, and the third is approved.

I have a question:

When others hear that BERRI works at the Nworset Clonal Germplasm Repository, their first thought is usually that the place has something to do with unsettling magic from grey area between healing and necromancy. This is a complete misinterpretation. In reality, the Germplasm Repository is a small farm where agricultural plants of many varieties are maintained. The repository aims to maintain enough diversity that, in the event of a blight, major mana spill or other environmental hazard taking out entire orchards, there will always be a strain that can survive so that Nworset farmers will be able to maintain its agriculture and the city will never run out of food. BERRI is in charge of the blueberries, of which Nworset's repository has close to three hundred different varieties from three species. Her favourite is the late-fruiting aurora blueberry.

Accept: 

Accept: 

Accept: 

Accept: 

Accept:

According to some, May-ry Poppins is the dull, boring gardener who works during the growing season in the Nworset Clonal Germplasm Repository tending plants who has nothing to say beyond obscure facts on everything that grows in the area and bears fruit, from hardy kiwi to wintergreen to imaginary peach trees. Others, from cities far beyond Nworset, know her as the strangely-enchanting governess who came out of the blue to tend unruly wyrmlings and involve disinterested parents with their offspring, tying the family together before fading out of their lives unnoticed. Those who know the gardener May-ry have never met this mysterious governess. Those who know the governess May-ry who meet the gardener swear she is the same one, even as she denies ever having left Nworset.

Accept: 

Accept: 

Reject: "Nworset Clonal Germplasm Repository" doesn't seem to fit into a medieval setting

Accept: 

Accept:

Since I don't have enough space in May-ry Poppins's description to explain what a clonal germplasm repository is, should I be concerned about her description getting moderator rejected? 

9 hours ago, Kakaru_of_DOOM said:

Accept: 

Accept: 

Reject: "Nworset Clonal Germplasm Repository" doesn't seem to fit into a medieval setting

Accept: 

Accept:

Since I don't have enough space in May-ry Poppins's description to explain what a clonal germplasm repository is, should I be concerned about her description getting moderator rejected? 

That's actually a user reject, not a moderator reject, so probably not.

Edited by Lagie

TIL that question marks don't work in descriptions.

Is there a workaround to this or am I screwed? :(

4 hours ago, BrazenChase said:

TIL that question marks don't work in descriptions.

Is there a workaround to this or am I screwed? :(

Depends - if it's a question at the end you could end in an ellipsis that works for at least some cases or if it's in the middle you could try the format "What would Herk do - probably cheat around the issue" or just rewrite completely :/

That has been an issue for years