Descripforce

Description Force!

Wait for it.... WE ARE UNDER 1,000. 10 breeds left. Final push, guys! Where's Lagie with those brownies?

Edited by Earth Gurl

user posted image well I'm not Lagie but here you go...

Congrats! biggrin.gif

One can never have too many brownies:

user posted image

Well, very soon now, the number of unapproved descriptions will be lower than the number of dragons I have left to describe (1776 or so).

Great job! All but one of my descriptions have now been approved (I think. I may have a few I forgot about describing)

Oh wow, that's so amazing! Thank you Mods and reviewers! biggrin.gif

user posted image

Oh my GoN!

I get that now on a daily basis. xd.png

user posted image

I'm actually crying. Thank you fellow mods and reviewers for helping me undertake this monster of a queue. Reviewers, you have no idea how much you helped with this. I don't know what I'm going to do with my time now. I guess I'll write some descriptions. xd.png

We are at 0!!!

Edited by Earth Gurl

Congratulations! Thanks for all your hard work, Earth Gurl (and all of the other moderators who approve descriptions). I can't remember how long it's been since the queue was at 0 (I know it emptied out a few times in 2010, and I think Sock and whoever else was active at the time emptied it out in 2012/13), but it's been a while.

Edited by Mathcat

Congratulations! wub.gif That's awesome news.

Thank you all so much for your hard work!

*leaves a brownie cake*

user posted image

Hey guys, since we're at the bottom of the queue, and descriptions are moving more quickly, would you guys be interested in having a DraDeWriMo for the month of June? I wanted to hear all of your opinions on this and when you all think this should happen. smile.gif

Hey guys, since we're at the bottom of the queue, and descriptions are moving more quickly, would you guys be interested in having a DraDeWriMo for the month of June? I wanted to hear all of your opinions on this and when you all think this should happen. smile.gif

That would be awesome! I've been a bit slow in writing descriptions lately, and I have a bunch to do. I bet that would really get me moving.

Edited by Peachycupcake525

I don't know how much I'll be able to participate, but I can contribute some prompts.

The entrance tunnel to Zoftig's cave is littered with odd little glass things, most of which are no larger than the mushrooms on the walls. With bulbous "heads" and very long tails, they kind of resemble drops of viscous liquid riding down a surface. Zoftig creates the drops using her "fireplace" and a basin of water. When asked why, she simply says they're a lot of fun. It appears they are a kind of "somebody's-here" notification thing as well as amusement objects: it's hard for someone to sneak through the tunnel because if the tail of a drop is even slightly damaged, the whole drop explodes, and Zoftig is alerted by the sound.

The bold part is unsatisfactory. How can I rephrase that? What I have in mind is similar to keeping squeaky floorboards in the hall so you always know when someone's approaching.

The bold part is unsatisfactory. How can I rephrase that? What I have in mind is similar to keeping squeaky floorboards in the hall so you always know when someone's approaching.

The most simple way would just be "they are a form of alarm". Perhaps something along the lines of this: "It appears they function as some form of alarm" or "It would seem they are designed to alert her to the presence/approach of others"?

Has anyone tried making a group yet of their described dragons? That might be a good way to share our descriptions!

Oh, I might just have tried making a few of those. I'd like to have one per storyline eventually, but it's a work in progress.

I definitely thought of you when I first thought about description groups. xd.png

I'm grouping based on how I'm describing as well. I'm going to have a massive "described dragons" group, but I'm also going to have them described based on groups/biomes/clans. smile.gif

Also, we could probably post people's described dragons groups on the Approved Descriptions thread. That would be a neat way to see people's scroll stories unfold.

@Mathcat, I 100% believe that. xd.png I only have 15 groups so far, but I think that will also grow exponentially since I have an organizing obsession *hides dozens of spreadsheets of dragon info and hundreds of scrapped spreadsheets of dragon info*

Edited by Earth Gurl

The most simple way would just be "they are a form of alarm". Perhaps something along the lines of this: "It appears they function as some form of alarm" or "It would seem they are designed to alert her to the presence/approach of others"?

Perhaps "appears that they serve as early warning of visitors" might work?

Thanks, I've used your suggestions to do something in between:

It appears that they serve as signals of approaching visitors as well as amusement objects(...)

Went with "signals" over "alarm" and "warning" since company doesn't always have bad intentions.

Ooh. I might make a group for descriptions that make you groan. cool.gif