Descripforce

Description Force!

Description reviewing is an awesome way to pass the time between eggs, if you're out there hunting in the Festival of Eggs!

Oh yes! I love reviewing during FoE/ToT because it's a nice short page so you don't have to do a lot of scrolling to find the eggs/treats, which means you're filling your basket and helping the queue at the same time. :)

There don’t seem to be any descriptions for you to check. This probably means that there aren’t very many descriptions left that you haven’t checked already.

ohmy.gif

I hit the end of the queue! ohmy.gif

This looks like something I'd enjoy doing. Can new reviewers still join in?

Absolutely. . smile.gif

Do you sign your comments?

Edited by dirtytabs

This looks like something I'd enjoy doing. Can new reviewers still join in?

Welcome! biggrin.gif

(And if this - Accept: VERY VERY VERY good job on this! I hope you describe more dragons!! - was you, thanks! And yes, I have many described, especially at the start of my scroll!)

Thanks guys! No, I don't sign my comments. I kind of want to. Either with my scroll name, Dino, or the initials of my forum name.

(And if this - Accept: VERY VERY VERY good job on this! I hope you describe more dragons!! - was you, thanks! And yes, I have many described, especially at the start of my scroll!)

No, I don't think that was me. I very rarely do all caps. Although, if I happen to come across one of your dragons, I think I'll let you know.

Is it okay to bring up god/gods? I wasn't planning on using any specific god, I was just wondering.

Is it okay to bring up god/gods? I wasn't planning on using any specific god, I was just wondering.

Yep. Many of us have god(s) in one form or another.

I've never said anything about gods in my descriptions...my cave's religion might be something to consider.

On another note, I started signing my comments as SF.

Yup. DC even has canonical mythical beings in the form of the Guardian of Nature and avatars. Make sure they're described in a context that makes sense on Valkemare and doesn't give too much power to the subject. So no calling a dragon a god unless it's a GoN. smile.gif

The dragon can believe it's a god, can have other individuals that believe it's a god, or try to convince others it's a god. It just can't actually be a god unless it's a GoN.

The dragon can believe it's a god, can have other individuals that believe it's a god, or try to convince others it's a god. It just can't actually be a god unless it's a GoN.

See, now I want to make a dragon who's a massive con artist whose entire purpose in life is to become worshiped as a god. Maybe I'll do that with my April Fool's Mint....

Also, thanks to whoever's been going over requests today. I put a couple in around noon/1pm, and one of them is already approved!

They're going fast, aren't they? I remember waiting months for descriptions to get reviewed, but I put a couple on a few days ago and most of them are approved already! smile.gif

I love your idea there, by the way, LadyinPink. It'd be interesting to read about how a mint dragon pulls that off.

I have a quick question for Sockpuppet; is it okay for people to mention real-life languages in their dragons' descriptions? I keep coming across descriptions that say that a dragon's name means "so-and-so" in an IRL language and I've been voting "reject" along the lines of avoiding real-life references. I want to make sure I'm not in the wrong by doing so.

Edited by solarflare3000

Who's Canine? I just got a comment that said:

Accept: I like it. -Canine

^^ I do not know who Canine is either. Hopefully someone will be able to elucidate.

I have a rejection to contest: Chronovivus's.

Chronovivus wants to be a chrono xenowyrm when she grows up. She is often found climbing date trees and always has plenty of thyme - some say far too much thyme. She is very fond of growing century plants as well. Impatiens and forget-me-nots are her favourite flowers, though she has been known to hang out with Entrophic the nebula and explore the cosmos when they are in bloom.
Moderator Reject: Dragons cannot go to space.

Cosmos. The flower! She is exploring a flower garden with the nebula dragon, not outer space! Should I tweak it to make it more clear? I thought the context would make it clear, given the dates and thyme...

Edited by Kakaru_of_DOOM

^^ I do not know who Canine is either. Hopefully someone will be able to elucidate.

I have a rejection to contest: Chronovivus's.

Chronovivus wants to be a chrono xenowyrm when she grows up. She is often found climbing date trees and always has plenty of thyme - some say far too much thyme. She is very fond of growing century plants as well. Impatiens and forget-me-nots are her favourite flowers, though she has been known to hang out with Entrophic the nebula and explore the cosmos when they are in bloom.
Moderator Reject: Dragons cannot go to space.

Cosmos. The flower! She is exploring a flower garden with the nebula dragon, not outer space! Should I tweak it to make it more clear? I thought the context would make it clear, given the dates and thyme...

I didn't know cosmos were a flower. =o If you re-submit, I'll make sure it gets approved. ^^ Very lovely description!

I'm trying to write a description, and I want to say childish in it, but would it be like hatchlingish or something because of how it's dragons?

I'm trying to write a description, and I want to say childish in it, but would it be like hatchlingish or something because of how it's dragons?

I often try to 'create' such mash-up words like every-dragon instead of everyone but it's by no means a must - and it still has to go with the flow. 'Hatchlingish' is too much of a mouthful imo wink.gif

I often try to 'create' such mash-up words like every-dragon instead of everyone but it's by no means a must - and it still has to go with the flow. 'Hatchlingish' is too much of a mouthful imo wink.gif

Agreed. I would stick with childish or young or immature or whatever else fits that you prefer. o3o

Either's fine, but I agree "hatchlingish" is pretty clunky and would stick with "childish". I have a personal preference for using "human" terms for dragons, though. They're men, women, ladies, gents, girls, boys, children, people, and that's been cool with the mods so far.

Edited by dirtytabs

Just checking in! I have finals week this week, so I won't be able to get back to descriptions until probably around next Wednesday. Sorry I kind of up and disappeared. Been a lot of hectic IRL stuff and projects due.

Also @Kakaru_of_DOOM, I misread. My bad. I'll approve it once I start reviewing again. smile.gif

I'm still reviewing. I keep hitting the end of the queue! biggrin.gif

Currently trying to write a description for one of my Dragons involving references to modern music, but I don't want it to be rejected for being too modern. So would referring to his instruments, which are really just lots of rocks and sticks and other bits, as "contraptions" with names like "doohickey", "thingamabob" and "whatchamacallit" be okay?

Also, this line:

"Whenever he's feeling particularly "inspired", Nito starts another one of his music sessions with a shout of "RAVE TIME!".

Not that the other dragons know what a "rave" is. They assume it's just a term the strange Crimson made up for his bouts of eccentricity, though they do quite like the glowing bits of mana ores he uses for jewellery."

Sounds fine to me! (Both parts)