Descripforce

Description Force!

I've reached the end of the queue twice today. Where'd all the descriptions go? xd.png

I've been on a bit of a roll today with writing some for my own dragons.

Ooh. I might make a group for descriptions that make you groan. cool.gif

That could be taken one of two ways blink.gifxd.png

Been seeing more and more descriptions using first person lately :/ Instant rejects and reminders to read the guidelines for everyone!

On a more serious note, is it okay to use "I" when it's the dragon being described who is talking? For example "This dragon's favourite thing to say is "I AM THE BEST!" Or would it be best to just avoid using first person in any form, just to be safe?

That could be taken one of two ways blink.gifxd.png

Been seeing more and more descriptions using first person lately :/ Instant rejects and reminders to read the guidelines for everyone!

On a more serious note, is it okay to use "I" when it's the dragon being described who is talking? For example "This dragon's favourite thing to say is "I AM THE BEST!" Or would it be best to just avoid using first person in any form, just to be safe?

"I" used in dialogue is acceptable. Outside of dialogue or a name is automatically a reject.

I've reached the end of the queue twice today. Where'd all the descriptions go? xd.png

I've been on a bit of a roll today with writing some for my own dragons.

A large number of them were approved, so the only ones in the queue are the most recently-written ones.

It's nice to reach the end of the queue on a daily basis. laugh.gif

* DraDeWriMo - DragCave Description Writing Month *

Inspired by NaNoWriMo, the goal here is to write as many descriptions as you can! This DraDeWriMo will be a bit different than those in the past, as we will have a contest as well as personal goals!

This event will run from June 1 12:00am EST 2017 - June 30 11:59pm EST 2017.

During this event, we also really want to encourage more reviewing than usual. Read the description guidelines, and pitch in. Any review is appreciated!

We will have prizes for the person who writes the most descriptions for each trophy level! (Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum).

Prize donations would be much appreciated.

If you would like to donate a prize, PM Herk or Earth Gurl.

Directions:

To sign up, please fill out this form and post it on the Description Force thread:

[size=10][b][color=purple]I Wanna Write![/color][/b][/size]
[i]Username:[/i]
[i]Trophy Level:[/i]
[i]Personal Goal:[/i]

When you’ve written a description, come back to the thread and post the lineage link! Descriptions you’ve written before June 1 DO NOT COUNT.

Earth Gurl and Sock will be checking and approving as they are submitted.

SPREADSHEET of people involved with goals and totals!

Please check back if you need inspiration - we will regularly post some prompts - courtesy of Mathcat smile.gif

Happy writing!

Prompts

• Day 1
    1. An unusual hoard
    2. An unusual hobby
    3. An unusual pet
Edited by Earth Gurl

I Wanna Write!

Username: solarflare3000

Trophy Level: bronze

Personal Goal: describe 20 dragons

I Want to Write! tongue.gif

Username: Lagie

Trophy Level: Platinum (Thank you, TJ!)

Personal Goal: At least one per day.

Lagie's DraDeWriMo 2017 Dragons

Edited by Lagie

I'm "entering myself", but I'm not going to be winning any prizes. xd.png Just to force myself to write.

I Wanna Write!

Username: CharonDusk (Scroll is SheridanCharon)

Trophy Level: Platinum

Personal Goal: No less than 10 a day.

CharonDusk's DraDeWriMo 2017 Dragons

Edited by CharonDusk

I Wanna Write!

Username: Dirtytabs

Trophy Level: platinum

Personal Goal: no more than three description-less creatures in a row on my scroll

I Wanna Write!

Username: Mathcat

Personal Goal: At least one description per day.

That'll be barely a dent in my personal backlog, but with luck it's low enough that I'll actually be able to stick to it.

Got into reviewing again yesterday, reached the end of the queue today.

Thanks again our beloved mods <3

I Wanna Write!

Username: Peachycupcake525

Trophy Level: Bronze

Personal Goal: 10 at least total

Just a thought - with the new groups, perhaps each participant could make a DraDeWriMo group on their scroll, and share it in the sign-up post?

Oh, and don't forget to create your post in the Approved Descriptions thread so you can share all your descriptions! https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=117376

Edited by Lagie

Thanks again our beloved mods <3

To completely fair and honest, I'm fairly certain that at least 99%, if not 100%, of the credit goes to Earth Gurl.

Anyway, it's interesting to see DraDeWriMo up and running again! I'm gonna miss it, but it's lovely seeing users and mods so interested in and excited about descriptions. I'm glad to see so much of the old blood is still around and have not given up on descriptions. And it's awesome to see some new blood getting interested as well! So good luck to ya'll with your goals and have fun! I did offer some backup prizes if more help is needed, and if Earth Gurl needs some backup description reviewing, I'm around. But everything looks really well taken care of and organized, so like I said, good luck and have fun. =3

Is there a form for sharing new descriptions? Should we wait until they're approved before posting lineage links?

I Wanna Write!

Username: Saikachan

Personal Goal: At least 1 description per day smile.gif

Saikachan's DraDeWriMo 2017 Dragons

This sounds fun! As I won't be able to participate in NaNoWriMo this year, I can do this instead biggrin.gif

Edited by Saikachan

Quick question: got an idea for two descriptions, but both are based on the idea of...well, having one too many drinks. Is that okay so long as it stays in the other guidelines?

Quick question: got an idea for two descriptions, but both are based on the idea of...well, having one too many drinks. Is that okay so long as it stays in the other guidelines?

OF COURSE it is (MC's prompts are meant as a help not a hindrance to writing)

@tabs: You can post the lineage link any time. If I see it here, it'll probably get approved more quickly also. smile.gif Then I can go ahead and add it to the spreadsheet.

@CharonDusk: Alcoholic references are allowed unless it's a hatchling and it implies illegal activity.

Also: Leaving this here! Do you have trouble deciding what dragon to describe? This game is my favorite:

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=103735&st=0

Edited by Earth Gurl

@tabs: You can post the lineage link any time. If I see it here, it'll probably get approved more quickly also. smile.gif Then I can go ahead and add it to the spreadsheet.

@CharonDusk: Alcoholic references are allowed unless it's a hatchling and it implies illegal activity.

Oh heavens, no! blink.gif Definitely not on hatchlings, both are adults and the only "illegal activity" mentioned is them stealing my mead tongue.gif

EDIT: Here's my first few descriptions.

The Revenant Knight Phantom

Mother Gaia the Creator

Father Ailill the Watcher

Father Chaos the Destroyer

Charon - Ferryman of the Styx

The Eidolic Knight Peta

Starshimmer Phantom

I've Been Drunk For Three Days

Jimmy Wilson

Edited by CharonDusk

This is my DraDeWriMo group

I already got two pending, and I'll be working on more.

Edit:

They've been approved already!

Edited by Peachycupcake525

For tomorrow:

• Day 2
    1. An awkward life debt.
    2. A dragon super hero.
    3. An unlikely hero.

Oh heavens, no! blink.gif Definitely not on hatchlings, both are adults and the only "illegal activity" mentioned is them stealing my mead tongue.gif

There are official references to alcohol - wrapping-wings like booze made from flower juice. smile.gif

"Groaners" group. Still doing through my scroll to find more. Please tell me if the page is visible!

New descriptions

https://dragcave.net/view/wiOzl

https://dragcave.net/view/Dmjol (Sorry, had to resubmit due to errors)

https://dragcave.net/view/0pzfH

https://dragcave.net/view/mCTqa

https://dragcave.net/view/RiqKe

https://dragcave.net/view/TkCZW