natli

Solstice Dragons Breeding Plans

I haven't found anything I really like yet, except terraes, but I will wait until we can see the lineage picture before really trying anything out, as with the nhios I found that a pairing that looks good whole doesn't always look good in lineage view.

Edited by Nectaris

Gold and Silvers would each be lovely with them. I would like to start with my CB Silver males and breed them to start off a stairstep lineage that can be traded and then continued. Very pretty look to that potential line When my solstice girls are ready to breed. smile.gif

Wow, there's a lot of pairings that I like! Sunsong, Copper, Albino, Seragamma, Terrae... But most of all with Sweetlings! I pretty much died when I saw that pairing. wub.gif

Edited by Dimar

Next year I think I'll be trying to trade for a couple of babies from Yulebuck x Solstice. biggrin.gif

user posted image x user posted image for those of us who are visual types. rolleyes.gif

They're making me wish SO hard that Soulpeaces could be CB. They'd be literal perfection to me.

Well, I think I'll content myself with blusangs, sunsongs, luminas, silvers, daydreams... Perhaps nebulae (as if I hadn't forced blue and purple nebulae in enough lineages, lol)

You can actually see the lineage view, just go to TJ's adult and change "view" in the link to "lineage".

If I may, I'd like to suggest, since so many people have mentioned SoulPeace as looking good paired with the Solstice, that it would make sense for any simulation of that to show the 3rd gen preceded by a DayDream and a White that this mix would produce, to see how that looked all together, because I've looked at two examples on this thread with just the SoulPeace and personally find the whole lineage hard to visualize, although the 2nd gen simulation does look very nice.

Of course, a lot of people are better at visualization than am I, but a lot of people will be looking at this thread hoping for inspiration, lol.

Lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one who ends up choosing the frozen hatchie in the lineage when we look at these early. xP

~

I do really like the sunsong. Didn't expect that to be so pretty. =o Red copper and lumina are pretty nice, too. Sticking some other lineages I saw mentioned below, too as well as some I just had to try.

user posted imageuser posted image

And just for fun:

I also had the canopy, coastal, daydreams, horse, gray, summer, autumn, tsunami, nhio, and yellow-crowned up here, but didn't like them as much. Canopy was awful. The others were just kinda blah. xP

After putting all these up, I do like speckles, sunrises, and blue coppers. (And both hybrids, especially the geode. @_@ )

Also, I think any lineage with these will be fun: http://dragcave.net/lineage/Cooke They are really nice in that lineage view. Almost all of the body fits in the view. o3o

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

They're making me wish SO hard that Soulpeaces could be CB. They'd be literal perfection to me.

Well, I think I'll content myself with blusangs, sunsongs, luminas, silvers, daydreams... Perhaps nebulae (as if I hadn't forced blue and purple nebulae in enough lineages, lol)

well, if you end up getting the honorable mention type of prize, you could, right? ive heard of people getting caveborn blunas and all...

yeah, i love the coppers, black teas...

I'm completely in love with the way they look with bronze shimmers. Since I don't own a CB prize or have anything valuable to trade for such offspring I guess I'll stick with luminas. But still...

/sighs

Edited by Silvaerie

Of course the best Solstice lineage is one we can (for various reasons) never have... click. tongue.gif

Possibly this? Since I can't do this. dry.giftongue.gif Also, I picked up a CB Bleeding Moon with a very festive code earlier. Plus I may do a multicoloured Holiday x Stripe lineage, since we finally have one that'll make blue Stripe babies.

3rd gen Soulpeace/Solstice lineage, for those interested:

user posted image

(Possibly a bit mangled by Paint...)

Of course the best Solstice lineage is one we can (for various reasons) never have... click.  tongue.gif

Argh, that's just too pretty.... Why did you have to show that? laugh.gif

I definitely like pairing Solstices with pink colors the most, instead of another blue breed. Terrae green and the Seragamma brown don't look too bad to me either.

Would someone mind telling me...What are Solstice Dragons supposed to be???

Well, as a Christmas dragon they resemble reindeer like the ones that pull Santa's sleigh. Odeen has a more detailed post about them here.

Edited by Dimar

3rd gen Soulpeace/Solstice lineage, for those interested:

user posted image

(Possibly a bit mangled by Paint...)

Sherlock Holmes references in the dragon naming???

Sherlock Holmes references in the dragon naming???

Heh, yep! Wondered if anyone would notice. smile.gif

Would someone mind telling me...What are Solstice Dragons supposed to be???

the new christmas dragons!

I need some opinions, guys. I can't decide whether to do as I've done every year so

far, and freeze one of my solstice hatchies, or let both of them grow up. (The latter

relies on the limit on past dragons staying gone for next year.) Suggestions?

PS: Amazon, I lovelovelove your Sherlock lineage.