natli

Solstice Dragons Breeding Plans

For me it's probably Sunrise Dragons

It makes me wish (again) that the Sunrise/set dragons had remained one sprite for both genders. I like the female Sunrise sprite far more than the male Sunrise sprite. I might try my Solstices with Sunsets, since I like the male Sunset pose.

I think my biggest problem finding a suitable mate for the Solstices is their complexity and sophistication, which isn't matched by many other in-cave sprites.

I agree about preferring the female Sunrise sprite, which led me to create this plan -- I'm going to start working on it right away! :-D

user posted image

I agree about preferring the female Sunrise sprite, which led me to create this plan -- I'm going to start working on it right away! :-D

user posted image

That looks really nice, actually! smile.gif

That looks really nice, actually! smile.gif

Thanks! If you want a baby, I'd be happy to give you one once the checker is built! smile.gif

I love how, although they're primarily blue dragons, they go so well with warm colors -- they're just suffused with pink and gold light.

Thanks! If you want a baby, I'd be happy to give you one once the checker is built! smile.gif

I love how, although they're primarily blue dragons, they go so well with warm colors -- they're just suffused with pink and gold light.

Ooo, yes please! If you need 2nd gens, I'd be happy to help out, too. smile.gif

I might try something like this:

user posted image

user posted image

Looks really good. I'm just not a fan of Sunsongs... Can't say why though.

That works quite well! Prods hatchies come on already! I am still drawn to golds and silvers. Really really adore the shimmer line and hope someone with a CB will create a lineage with it.

I agree about preferring the female Sunrise sprite, which led me to create this plan -- I'm going to start working on it right away!  :-D

user posted image

Oh wow, that looks cool! I may start working on a lineage like that of my own if that's ok with you.

One of the Solstices I caught has a code that could be read as a name, "Latka".

I decided to try breeding her to one of my Silvers, and the baby has a name code as well! I was going to influence male......

Oh wow, that looks cool! I may start working on a lineage like that of my own if that's ok with you.

@ Amazon_Warrior -- Nice! I think the Sunset's shape goes nicely with the Solstice's in the lineage view, too.

@ saltpath -- I like it. Something about the blue-and-white striated shading inside the Tsunami's wing goes well with the Solstice's faintly striped belly.

@ Dimar -- Of course! The more lineages full of pretty Solstices that exist, the better. xd.png Glad I could inspire you to make one!

I was surprised at how good they look with the red coppers. That wasn't even one I had considered until I came here. I like them with sunrise (although I agree that I like the female SR sprite better), sunsong, guardian, purple, albino, and electric. Have to think more on this. laugh.gif

There are so many great combinations, this is so exciting smile.gif

Gotta say the one that hits me hardest (at least this morning) is the Sunsong combo. Maybe it's because I just think Sunsongs are one of the most beautiful dragons evair.

I also really, really like the Tsunami. Although I think Blusangs are prettier than Tsunamis, I don't like the combo as much.

Just love these Solstice dragons!

I think my short list is:

Gold

Silver

Sunsong

Green Copper

Red Copper

Pink Ridgewing

Sunrise

White

in no particular order. =3

Oh, good lord.....those alts.....is there a breeding list yet? I've never, ever wanted anything so badly here.

Odeen, you did such a wonderful job on these dragons!

Deb

Edit: PH, I like the red coppers, too! However, I grabbed both of mine from Coast. We all know what that means sad.gif green copper offspring xd.png Shoulda, woulda coulda sad.gif

Edited by daba555

@ Dimar, Kelkelen

You inspired me as well smile.gif If you ever need a bloodswap in that lineage let me know.

Edit: in the meantime - this is going to be a checker.

Edited by irercha

Oh, good lord.....those alts.....is there a breeding list yet? I've never, ever wanted anything so badly here.

I'm terrible at keeping up with lists. =(

Out of curiosity, does anybody know what color stripe is produced when you breed it with a Solstice?

Edited by Odeen

Out of curiosity, does anybody know what color stripe is produced when you breed it with a Solstice?

Blue! ^^

@ daba555 If I knew how they looked like from the start I would have caught both my Solstices in the Alpine/Forest. I have no idea where I took them from, at least there's some hope tongue.gif

Solstice x Sunsong is dreamy. They're the first perfect sunsong match, in my opinion.

Edited by natli

I love the alt design, the colors are gorgeous! I'll keep my fingers crossed to snag a descendant one day =P

They create a blue.. I think they look great, and am planning to do a checker with them and red stripes from Heartseekers.

Your alts are beautiful! You did such a spectacular job with these guys. <3

If you're terrible at lists you can just trade/gift/keep eggs when you have 'em, whatever you feel like, so you have teh freedomz~

Also, I caught one of mine in the Coast and one in the Forest so I can do red AND green coppers~

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

If you're terrible at lists you can just trade/gift/keep eggs when you have 'em, whatever you feel like, so you have teh freedomz~

That was sort of my plan, minus the trading part. I consider spriter alts to be gifts from TJ, and it doesn't feel right to try and profit from his generosity by asking people for anything in exchange for alt offspring (plus there's nothing I really want/need that I cannot get for myself).

That was sort of my plan, minus the trading part. I consider spriter alts to be gifts from TJ, and it doesn't feel right to try and profit from his generosity by asking people for anything in exchange for alt offspring (plus there's nothing I really want/need that I cannot get for myself).

You could always trade with other spriters for swaps. But hey I get the idea.