ValidEmotions

The Academy OOC

I just made a post (and a crappy one too |D))

Hello there! Brotato here.

I see Luckyclaw is on... uhh, hiatus?

I've been meaning to apply for this for a while now, I guess I'll enter a teacher ,or two, but question: What is an "Example RP" ? Do I need to quote a post I've made somewhere else or something? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Is the list of available subjects for teachers valid? As in, recently updated?

You know, this?

Lots of classes.

Teachers needed for:

Music

Magic

Gym

Science

Alchemy

Astronomy

Language

Culture Studies

Literature

World History

Cooking

Combat: Hand Combat, Archery, Spear/Halberd Training, Swordplay

Medical

Edited by Brotato

Yes, that's exactly what the example is. It can be a post you've made for another thread or it can be something you wrote up on the spot (be it to display how you'll RP the character or not).

The list of teachers is not really valid as it stands.

Hand-to-Hand Combat and Cultural Studies have active teachers.

Archery has an active substitute.

I don't know what FroD would like to do about World History since the teacher is a two-headed creature that was going to be equally controlled by FroD and Luckyclaw.

Medicine is free, and Gym is a coalition between the combat teachers if I remember correctly. As for World History, I say we need a substitute, which I would be happy to do, just need to know the history of the world. xd.png

Edited by Forsaken Rider of Dreams

Gym is just P.E. with no teacher yet. However, Combat teachers have been filling in as Subs.

Medical would be taught by the Nurse (who's Luckyclaw's character) so a Sub would be what you have to go with and, whenever Lucky comes back, you might be required to step aside.

EDIT: FroD x3 It's mostly free to build up. Obviously, finding out the history of each respective species currently being controlled by members would need to be sought for but, outside of the general timeline with the war, you have some creative liberty. :3

Edited by Narvix

I'll think of something. Okay, writing sheets now.

I am a little confused about the races, though... can we just pick any of the listed on OoC's OP?

Name: Symaro Farkus Smythe

Subject: Physical Education / Medicine

Race: Human (Nihounese)

Appearance: Symaro is a Caucasian male with no apparent irregularities or physical alterations from the standard human phenotype. Standing at 6'1" or 185cm in height, Symaro is an intimidating example of pique human physical prowess. Bearing a well built body covered in numerous scars from the battles for his people's territory, he is an imposing and somewhat frightening figure at first glance. His usual attire consists of leather trousers, a shirt, a jacket, and often a hat, as he tries to cover his scarred body as much as possible. In addition to which, he's missing two fingers, his pinky on his left, and his ring finger on his right hand. Lastly, though his age isn't outwardly apparent, the most perceptive of onlookers can detect the signs to tell he's nearing his fifties.

Personality: Symaro is not the friendliest sort, per-se. He keeps his thoughts and opinions private, and rarely warms up to anyone, or anything. His military life has made him diligent and strict, while his clashes with all sorts of beasts and monsters on the battlefield has left him numb and fearless. He is relentless and cynical, giving no one a break and making no room for unwanted shenanigans. Stern-faced and cold, it takes a lot to rattle him, but if that were to ever happen, his outbursts are either silent and unnoticed, or quite explosive. Lastly, Symaro has a few loose screws, so to speak. In his late days on the battlefield, he was known for doing ridiculous and downright disgusting things, like gorging on the flesh of the beasts he slaughtered, and bathing in their blood, as if trying to achieve something.

Dragon Companion: Torque (Male Whiptail)

What they did during the war: Symaro was a veterinarian, before being forced into the war as a combat medic. With little to no training, he was forced to adapt and learn on the go, surviving as if through dumb luck alone, he sustained a multitude of injuries on the battlefield, but in the process learned much about how to handle oneself on the battlefield, both tactically and physically. In addition to which, his time spent as an improvised combat medic netted him plenty of experience with performing complicated medical procedures with little to no resources. As such, after the whole Academy plan was conceived and the fighting subsided, he'd lost too much to really have anything to come back to. With his superiors already aware of his declining sanity, he was discharged from the military due to being considered a potential ticking time bomb by his squadron, or any squadron. He departed for the Academy with the promise that he'd still be helping prevent more of his people's suffering.

They are teaching there because: He seeks to prevent another war, as he fears more of his people would be lost in their already vulnerable state.

Abilities: Symaro is a seasoned veteran, and has honed his body to the pique of human performance, so much so that at times he was even considered super-human. This is, however, merely speculation, and definitely not the case. Tenacious and strong, he is at home with most types of firearms, despite the limited selection of such. In close combat, he prefers to really get up-close and personal with his opponents, preferring short-edged blades, or even his bare fists. He has developed his own unique fighting style, which emphasizes on overpowering his opponents by pressuring them at their weak points until something gives way. Ever since meeting Torque, the two have sparred regularly, and are considered to be physically equal.

Ironically, his tendency to literally consume the flesh and blood of his enemies has left him with several benefits, and several health complications. Having pummelled a multitude of magic users such as the Icari into the ground and been exposed to their "tainted" blood, Symaro has developed a resistance to magical attacks. Though it doesn't manifest directly, he is simply more durable versus things that could freeze, ignite, electrocute or otherwise cause him harm by means of mere magic.

Unfortunately this has also left him resistant to any healing-based spells, leaving him nearly impossible to heal by means of potions or magic.

Dislikes: Truancy, Childishness, The Color Cyan

Rumors: One of the most prevalent rumors about Symaro is that he himself had chopped his own ring finger off in an act of a depression and alcohol-induced rage after losing his significant other in the war, and the pinkie on his left, on a lost bet.

((I'll enter a sheet for Torque later. Assume he's away doing something until I do.))

Edited by Brotato

The school is a make up of many races. The amount of races is only limited to your imagination. Generally you would make your own race, or if you wish to use an already existing race, pm the creator of it to get permission.

Edited by Forsaken Rider of Dreams

Thank you, FRoD ^^ . As FRoD said, Brotato, you generally make your own species. smile.gif

Edited by Narvix

FroD x3 It's mostly free to build up. Obviously, finding out the history of each respective species currently being controlled by members would need to be sought for but, outside of the general timeline with the war, you have some creative liberty. :3

The world was created when God dropped his ice cream on a star. The star's outer layer instantly cooled to the rocky layer we call crust, and the ice cream melted into the oceans. Every race is formed from a galactic heavenly sprinkle that has evolved over billions of years. Plant life is created from mint chocolate.

No problem Narv... I am bored so figured I would help. biggrin.gif

Ahaha well that would fit better with Cultural Studies as that includes religions of various races x3. But, very creative indeed xd.png I think I could get behind a religion like that. tongue.gif

(( W I P ))

Name: Symaro Farkus Smythe

Subject: Physical Education / Medicine

Race: Human (Defector)

Appearance: Symaro is a Caucasian male with no apparent irregularities or physical alterations from the standard human phenotype. Standing at 6'1" or 185cm in height, Symaro is an intimidating example of pique human physical prowess. Bearing a well built body covered in numerous scars from the battles for his people's territory, he is an imposing and somewhat frightening figure at first glance. His usual attire consists of leather trousers, a shirt, a jacket, and often a hat, as he tries to cover his scarred body as much as possible. In addition to which, he's missing two fingers, his pinky on his left, and his ring finger on his right hand. Lastly, though his age isn't outwardly apparent, the most perceptive of onlookers can detect the signs to tell he's nearing his fifties.

Personality: Symaro is not the friendliest sort, per-se. He keeps his thoughts and opinions private, and rarely warms up to anyone, or anything. His military life has made him diligent and strict, while his clashes with all sorts of beasts and monsters on the battlefield has left him numb and fearless. He is relentless and cynical, giving no one a break and making no room for unwanted shenanigans. Stern-faced and cold, it takes a lot to rattle him, but if that were to ever happen, his outbursts are either silent and unnoticed, or quite explosive. Lastly, Symaro has a few loose screws, so to speak. In his late days on the battlefield, he was known for doing ridiculous and downright disgusting things, like gorging on the flesh of the beasts he slaughtered, and bathing in their blood, as if trying to achieve something.

Dragon Companion: Torque (Male Whiptail)

What did they do during the war?: Symaro was an immigrant veterinarian, before being forced into the war as a combat medic for his fellow men. With little to no training, he was forced to adapt and learn on the go, surviving as if through dumb luck alone, he sustained a multitude of injuries on the battlefield, but in the process learned much about how to handle oneself on the battlefield, both tactically and physically. In addition to which, his time spent as an improvised combat medic netted him plenty of experience with performing complicated medical procedures with little to no resources. As such, after the whole Academy plan was conceived and the fighting subsided, he'd lost too much to really have anything to come back to. With his superiors already aware of his declining sanity, he was discharged from the military due to being considered a potential ticking time bomb by his squadron, or any squadron. He departed for the Academy with the promise that he'd still be helping prevent more of his people's suffering.

Why are they teaching here?: He seeks to prevent another war, as he fears more of his people would be lost in their already vulnerable state.

Abilities: Symaro is a seasoned veteran, and has honed his body to the pique of human performance, so much so that at times he was even considered super-human. This is, however, merely speculation, and definitely not the case. Tenacious and strong, he is at home with most types of firearms, despite the limited selection of such. In close combat, he prefers to really get up-close and personal with his opponents, preferring short-edged blades, or even his bare fists. He has developed his own unique fighting style, which emphasizes on overpowering his opponents by pressuring them at their weak points until something gives way. Ever since meeting Torque, the two have sparred regularly, and are considered to be physically equal.

Ironically, his tendency to literally consume the flesh and blood of his enemies has left him with several benefits, and some complications. The most significant of which being, that having pummelled a multitude of magic users such as the Icari into the ground and having been exposed to their "tainted" blood, Symaro has developed a resistance to magical attacks. Though it doesn't manifest directly, he is simply more durable versus things that could freeze, ignite, electrocute or otherwise cause him harm by means of mere magic.

Unfortunately this has also left him resistant to any healing-based spells, leaving him nearly impossible to heal by means of potions or magic.

Dislikes: Truancy, Childishness, The Color Cyan

Rumors: One of the most prevalent rumors about Symaro is that he himself had chopped his own ring finger off in an act of a depression and alcohol-induced rage after losing his significant other in the war, and the pinkie on his left, on a lost bet.

((I'll enter a sheet for Torque later. Assume he's away doing something until I do.))

Edited by Brotato

Character sheets need to be PM'd, Brotato. Additionally, dragon companions don't get their own sheets. If you pay attention to the notes in the form skeleton, you'll see:

(General description of their future dragon partner. Please note that students won't know their dragon until they choose them upon entry to the school, and that dragons will hatch as little more than babies and that their magical and physical power will have to come with time.)

Unfortunately, Lucky didn't copy this into the Teacher sheet but it holds for that. The teacher's dragon will just be fully grown instead of a hatchling.

Additionally, you'll need Lucky's permission to have a Nihounese character for History/Culture concept reasons.

Edited by Narvix

Character sheets need to be PM'd, Brotato. Additionally, dragon companions don't get their own sheets. If you pay attention to the notes in the form skeleton, you'll see:

Unfortunately, Lucky didn't copy this into the Teacher sheet but it holds for that. The teacher's dragon will just be fully grown instead of a hatchling.

Additionally, you'll need Lucky's permission to have a Nihounese character for History/Culture concept reasons.

Okay, well I was planning on writing one anyway.

But is this sheet okay, or does it need tweaking?

And who do I PM it to?

EDIT: Editing his faction now.

Edited by Brotato

You PM it to me. :\

A character sheet for the dragon won't be accepted. There's no specific sheet designed for a dragon in this RP and you need to follow the sheet's original design. Not modify it.

You PM it to me. :\

A character sheet for the dragon won't be accepted. There's no specific sheet designed for a dragon in this RP and you need to follow the sheet's original design. Not modify it.

All I did was switch a few words around, but okay.

Can I make him a mercenary, then? An immigrant, or something, that has no distinct faction, but simply wants to prevent more human casualties?

Edited by Brotato

Nihounese is not a faction. It's a race. Empaths are a race. Witches are a race. There's nothing about factions that you've been given. You create a race. His motifs are entirely up to you.

Nihounese is not a faction. It's a race. Empaths are a race. Witches are a race. There's nothing about factions that you've been given. You create a race. His motifs are entirely up to you.

Gimminy Christmas! Since when is being a wizard/witch a race? xd.png

Well, I won't argue with it, but okay. I guess I can make up something then.

Gonna re-write some things and PM you once I'm done. xd.png

For the same reason that African Americans are a race, that Mexicans are a race, that Germans are a race....

For the same reason that African Americans are a race, that Mexicans are a race, that Germans are a race....

...But... but those are nationalities. :I Except African American, ofcourse.

But German and Mexican are both nationalities. :I

However, they're still regarded as their own race. Are they not? People use "nationality" and "race" interchangeably. Just as Nihounese is a nationality, it is also a subset of humans. Empaths, Witches, and others, are subsets with enough numbers to be considered a race versus a mutation.

However, they're still regarded as their own race. Are they not? People use "nationality" and "race" interchangeably. Just as Nihounese is a nationality, it is also a subset of humans. Empaths, Witches, and others, are subsets with enough numbers to be considered a race versus a mutation.

I suppose we just have a different perspective on this.

Anyway, I am considering my options with Symaro. Can I create a new subgroup, or uh "race"?

Still here. Still need to post. I'm thinking of putting up another type of character sheet to start rolling in the forces for an antagonist group.