DarkEternity

Lifting the Holiday limit

I'm extremely pleased. Even though I'm known for my horde of ridgewings, I think my favorite dragon is really the Heartseeker. I am SUPER excited to finally be able to horde them. I love doing lineages with them; last year, I was really sad that I couldn't do a hs x white lineage. Now - all the possibilities. biggrin.gif

I'm sad.

Utterly sad.

I always sacrificed one dragon and freezed it so that I could enjoy the hatchling stage.

So now I have a frozen CB of older Holiday dragons. Greeeeeat.

Now I just wish I wouldn't have done that the past years, because the only thing I can get is another 2nd gen adult ._.;

Otherwise the update is great... at least from now on (haha) I can keep two CB adults and create nice lineages.

You might be interested in the suggestion Should Freezing Be Permanent? - it was started because quite a few people feel that way (even if the topic is about unfreezing in general). Go pitch in your thoughts~ happy.gif

I am super excited about adorable valentines day lineage now that the limits are over.

I have a few valentines I have already managed to catch that I adore! I love the Val to Val pairings!! <3

I also keep hoping for a Holly, and think that I'll just have to make some trades/get things ready to trade for one.

That and a neglected are about the only two dragons I have been longing after for awhile.

As some one working on growing a hatchie army I'm very happy. It allows me to reach my scroll goals of having s1 and s2 babies of every breed.

I'm very happy about the limits being lifted, despite feeling a little guilty for being greedy.

But I caught a pretty for myself, and several for others, (hatched now, and I only hope the one person comes on to take hers in time,) from the AP and will be keeping some of my breds to (hopefully) make pretties down the road, although I still have breeding to do for someone who hasn't been on yet and have been trying to save room, so I haven't been quite as greedy as I would have liked to be, but on the other hand, not as guilty as I might have been either, lol.

It's been great this year, and it's too bad that so many people seem to be missing out on this.

As a player who joined a long time ago and never really got into playing (because I didn't have enough time back then) until recently, I am very glad for the lift on the limits. People are actually breeding to make lineages, meaning it's possibly for people like myself (and new players) to get nice ones. It does make it harder to snatch an egg from the AP (because everyone is trying for them), but with enough patience, I was ably to get almost everything I wanted. The only Valentines I'm missing a 2G from now is the original vday. I did snag a 3G with an easy-to-continue lineage, so that'll keep me going until I can manage the 2G. smile.gif

Edited by harlequinraven

I'm really happy about it.

Now I can have 2 adults and one hatchie of each stage! biggrin.gif

I might eventually start getting more adults down the line from my breedings (and thus dumping everything else into the AP), but I just like now that I'll have two adults to be able to dump things to the AP with. biggrin.gif

I think eliminating limits has proved to be brilliant.

Lots more trading with friends and catching of dragons. My daughter used to play with me on my scroll. She's old enough and decided to start her own. She's been delighted with being able to catch new eggs and get "gifts" from her friends.

Since most holiday breedings produce multiple eggs, it means that there are lots to pick up. And now we don't have to worry about them not having homes.

I'm still a bit on the fence about the limits being lifted for Valentine Dragons. I wub.gif being able to have more than 2, but Valentine eggs have always been harder to catch than Christmas eggs due to the fact that regular eggs start mixing in with them after about 2 hours from the release. If that is 'fixed' and we get at least 1 solid day of Valentine eggs before others start mixing in I'll be happier about it.

I know there is still the 2 CB per scroll limit, but the issue is that not as many people are able to catch the CB's so there ends up being even more people that need 2nd Gens the following year and with limits lifted it makes it much harder to get them.

I am so thankful that the limit has been lifted! I was able to collect so many Christmas dragons, and now I can add more Valentine's ones to my collection! It's great to get a variety of lineages now since there's no limit smile.gif

Thanks, TJ, for deciding to lift the limit on Holiday dragons! biggrin.gif

I'm happy the limits were lifted. I hated being confined to only 2 dragons. I'm not a hoarder, I just like having more than 2. Multi-clutch eggs go straight to the AP.

My only regret is I have several frozen CB dragons because I thought that was the only way to have a hatchie since we were limited to 2.

I was never around for any previous holiday events, but I'm glad the limit has been lifted! It has been very satisfying to be able to catch as many Valentine's dragons as I want without having to limit myself to only two. That way I don't have to be so picky with the lineages (:

This was SO WORTH IT. I've loved seeing all of these older dragons actually appear again in decently catch-able quantities! It's given older members a chance to snag more of their favorites (and, in my case, actually helped me catch a Holly - considering I've been trying to get one via catching since 2009, I'm REALLY happy about that) plus allowed newer members to grab dragons they might never have had a shot at catching. @ TJ - Thank you so much for giving us all that opportunity! biggrin.gif

I'd say it was VERY much worth it! Even if the breeders keep 1 egg out of a batch, there's still plenty to go around in the AP. And now I don't have to worry about freezing a CB to get a hatchie anymore. (Still regrets freezing my CB Snow Angel... :'D)

Oh yes, I am very much happy with the limits being lifted.

I can finally collect my favourite dragon breeds, and create pretty lineages from them. Its just too bad I missed out on a few years of holiday events so I can't start from gen1 on a lot of the breeds.

I am pleased. Now I can continue my carnivale-themed ribbon dancer x shadow walker lineage! Yay <3 With the limit lifted I plan on going as many gens as I can with it instead of just to 3rd gen. Holidays make for some beautiful lineages.