DarkEternity

Lifting the Holiday limit

I don't like how much more stressful it makes an already (imo) stressful holiday period. Even before the limits were removed, I was concerned about this. It's not even "oh noes, Hollies are hard 2 catch!" - I've caught them (and if I were less picky about lineages, I could probably have a scroll lineup like Lugialover's up there). I have caught and/or traded for some quite nifty lineages and I'm gad to have them, but I resent the amount of effort it's taken at this time of year when there's so much family stuff going on.

(Also, the trading values are *bonkers* at the moment. blink.gif)

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Last year I barely saw a Holly in the AP and there was NO WAY i could afford what people were asking for them >.<

This year has been a huge difference, and I'm not sure if it's the lifting of the limits or what, but I've seen so many and caught several, keeping two and gifting all the others to people that didn't have one yet

biggrin.gif so been a good holiday for me! I can't wait to see what the new Christmas dragon will be

Well as I was at my limit for all the past xmas dragons already, lifting the limit did give me something to do....lol.

Just wish I could go back and unfreeze those cb hatchies, sigh.

Lifting the limit has given me mixed emotions. It is nice to get more so that we can create breeding projects. But on the other hand, I feel kind of greedy in doing so. sad.gif

I did gift a Holly just now. Felt right. smile.gif

I am very glad the limit was lifted. I have been having a lot of fun trying to collect 2nd gens that I can use to build nice lineages. I could never do that before because I refused to release original CBs so I could have higher gens.

I still haven't caught a Holly for myself. I have two that were gifted to me two years ago. I would like to be able to catch my own, but either I or my computer is too slow. wink.gif I have seen a lot more this year, though.

It doesn't affect me this year. I've grown used to thinking of my holiday dragons (two of each) as the only two that will ever be on my scroll. That's always made them super-special for me, and that's how it will stay. Other people can have more, and that's fine too, it's just not for me.

However, I am sad for my hollies' eggs. My two hollies aren't neatly lineaged, but I've had them for years, and they are very special to me. They are the only hollies I will ever have. I worry that their children are doomed to be named mean things ("Uglybutt Holly") and later released as their owners replace them with neater lineages. When you can have as many hollies as you want, an irregular holly might not be named with care and loved.

AP hunting is hard for me this year, and I haven't caught even one holly in AP, but I'm in favor of the change. Staring at a wall of holiday eggs with nothing to do made for a very short and boring Xmas on DC, as I spent very little time here. Now I have a scroll full of good lineages and epic plans to continue them. I've also bred all my holiday dragons so that more eggs would go to AP.

@wobster09

I have messy hollies too. Last year I bred them late and nobody wanted them. This year they got snatched up really fast tongue.gif Releasing was also caused by limits. People released messy hollies in hopes of finding a clean lineage.

I don't like how much more stressful it makes an already (imo) stressful holiday period. Even before the limits were removed, I was concerned about this. It's not even "oh noes, Hollies are hard 2 catch!" - I've caught them (and if I were less picky about lineages, I could probably have a scroll lineup like Lugialover's up there). I have caught and/or traded for some quite nifty lineages and I'm gad to have them, but I resent the amount of effort it's taken at this time of year when there's so much family stuff going on.

(Also, the trading values are *bonkers* at the moment. blink.gif)

I agree with the above statement for the most part. I've been on DC for about four years now and I must say that this year has required the most effort to catch ANY holiday egg. I also miss the wall of holiday eggs in the AP because it just made it easier to snag an egg.

I'm not complaining too much though since we can now make lineage plans and I have a wider selection of breeding stock to gift out/trade for next year.

However, I am sad for my hollies' eggs. My two hollies aren't neatly lineaged, but I've had them for years, and they are very special to me. They are the only hollies I will ever have. I worry that their children are doomed to be named mean things ("Uglybutt Holly") and later released as their owners replace them with neater lineages. When you can have as many hollies as you want, an irregular holly might not be named with care and loved.

Actually, when people can get more than two Holly eggs, chances are that they will keep that messy Holly they caught, because it doesn't take away room. Otherwise they might replace it with a neater one. smile.gif

Personally I get the impression that there are a lot more Hollies on the AP this year. Last year I barely spotted one of them.

MY big problem is that I came up with a lineage idea. And I do want to catch another Holly. So NOW I have a problem - when to catch the new ones.... because at the moment, I may not have space for a while (pending breeds from nice people !)

Like - oops....

Just dropping in to say there seems to be another change - this year's holidays seem to be able to breed during the breeding season after growing up - I just caught a 3rd gen wrapping wing, and it's father grew up only today ohmy.gif

I'm very happy with the change. It was so heartbreaking last year to see a wall of Christmas eggs in the AP and not being able to catch some. Behind the wall the more common eggs were running out of time. I was really in doubt if I should breed my Christmas dragons this year, but now I have no concerns any longer. Some have already bred, some will tomorrow. smile.gif

Beside that it is now possible to breed higher gen lineages without releasing "old" dragons. wub.gif

Just dropping in to say there seems to be another change - this year's holidays seem to be able to breed during the breeding season after growing up - I just caught a 3rd gen wrapping wing, and it's father grew up only today ohmy.gif

I THINK that is a wrapping wing only glitch - may be tied in to the fact that they didn't make it on to the limits page, either. Others who have other grown ups say they do show the proper "last bred Dec 19th" thing.

I actually know the person that bred that. xd.png Wrapping Wing x Silver stair?

I like the change because I was able to breed my christmas dragons and keep one of the offspring. I also tried to catch eggies with nice/decent lineages so I can have something nice to breed for next year.

I can tell ya right now, I didn't hoard any Hollies. I kept one of my offspring from my best lineage and I caught ONE from the AP that has an AWESOME lineage. It's long, but I love it! biggrin.gif

I really don't think the change affected me as much as the veterans here, I'm only now coming up on my "one year" anniversary of playing DC.

But then again, I have three hollies and people are throwing 2nd gen Christmas dragons to me So I cant complain.

I like it. Holidays seem more difficult to catch than they used to be (or maybe my computer is slower than the one I used in the past), but finally I can make some nice lineages without having to release cb dragons. Also, because of the change more people hunt in the ap, so catching rares from biomes is really easy smile.gif

i was actually looking for people to gift to this year but it seems like everyone is trading. i'm not too keen on the changes myself so i just stick to the x2 limit that i caught before.

and now theres tons of people asking for a 2gen holly just for 1 cb metal. like do they even realize that there arent that many cb hollies?

if there's anyone that hasnt been able to pickup an egg let me know since mine havent bred yet and the season will go by without them breeding otherwise

I love the change, and not just because it means it's easier now to make some beautiful holiday lineages (though that is Awesome!), but because dragon cave history is being made here. We get to be that group that says "Remember when TJ freed us from the holiday 2-egg limit?"

It's like a Holiday Revolution, y'all. And that's cool.

Loving it! I've not been able tyo catch a holly, but have collected a lot of gorgeous christmas dragons, most of them 2nd gen that i'm not complaning.

I didnt have any christmas dragons at all, and next year when i'm am able to find mates for all of them, i'll be able to breed some gorgeous lineages too laugh.gif

I have been looking at my christmas dragons, regretting not freezing some or getting nicer lineages, and this year I have almost caught up with all the holiday eggs hatchlings included. Someone gifted me a Holly, still missing 2 to have a complete set, but I am very happy happy.gif Safe to say I am loving this!

Definitely worth it. Although I still didn't manage to get a holly this year but it's nice to not have a wall of christmas eggs that no one is able to pick up because of limits. Now we can make some nice lineages with holiday dragons which is a plus in my book. cool.gif

I just wish I could make use of it better... *Is not looking forward to the return of the limits next year*

So, yes, I like it.

Holiday Dragon Lineages!

Edited by NecronLordofLawtan

I just wish I could make use of it better... *Is not looking forward to the return of the limits next year*

So, yes, I like it.

Holiday Dragon Lineages!

Did TJ say limits would be returning next year? I don't remember reading that.