DarkEternity

Lifting the Holiday limit

Discuss?

Mod comment: This thread will be allowed as it is discussing reactions etc to the lifted holiday limit and not a suggestion for lifting the limit which already exists in suggestions. - ruby

Edited by rubyshoes

Totally. Until today, I couldn't fill my scroll goal including frozen hatchlings (and they're so dang cute, someone might decide to gather a mini army of these). And I don't really mind that the possibility of getting anything from the AP is currently low; I've been expecting such difficulty actually.

..but I didn't expect lifting the limit this year, I've released my messy Yules and I can't get any clean ones laugh.gif

On the one hand, I'm thrilled because it opens up all sorts of lineage opportunities, the ability to freeze hatchies, etc.

On the other hand, the competition for previous years' dragons has gotten that much harder. Hunting for Hollies, etc was supposed to get easier each year as people filled up their quotas - not anymore! laugh.gif

I'm just happy that if a Holiday wall happens in the AP, it will not be so intense that one is completely unable to hunt for regular dragons once they've gotten their fill of Holiday ones. Seriously my least favourite part of Holiday breeding, especially after the new dragon is released.

Yes, totally worth it.

The holiday wall from last year was horrifying and frustrating because few were capable of doing anything about it.

I'm no too sure because there's hardly any holiday egg in the AP that stays longer than one second and there are still so many cave blockers

I was hoping that in addition to lifting the limits, TJ would grant a one-time unfreezing for those S2 CB holiday hatchies we froze in the years before. I froze mine because I thought the limits would be a forever thing, and I loved the sprite so much.

On the other hand, I think it is a good thing the limits were lifted.

Absolutely!

This way

1. people will be able to continue their Holidays' lineages

2. people who already had two of all previous holidays are able to so something different that watching the AP locked by a wall of eggs no one is able to take

3. people can breed their past holidays without fearing all their offsprings will die because no one can take them

4. people can now collect frozen Holiday hatchlings without having to release one of their adults

Edited by Iside

For me, this is rather annoying. I am specializing in caveborn dragons and I was proud to have all pairs of holiday dragons. They are all CB, except for the hollies and yulebucks that were released before I joined. Otherwise, I have CB pairs from Christmas 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 as well as CB pairs of Valentines 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013. Same for the CB Pumpkins and CB Halloween dragons.

Now that the limit of 2 holiday dragons is lifted, I have an annoying dilemma: either I keep my goal of having mostly CB dragons but then I will have less of these beautiful dragons than anybody else, or I forget about that goal and I get more holiday dragons but they will not be CB.

I'm not sure that I like that change. It is forcing me to reconsider the goals for my scroll. unsure.gif

I think it's a great idea! I'm not too fussed with making holiday lineages but I've always wanted frozen holiday hatchies.

As for hunting hollies; I'm hopeful that it increases the holly population = more holly breeding = more hollies next year.

I've always wanted a full set of adults and both hatchies for each dragon. I love that this is now a realistic goal- I won't have to sacrifice my CB lovelies for hatchies. I also love having more lineage options- I picked up some gorgeous lines this year that I'm looking forward to continuing ^^

I think it's awesome. I've gotten some wonderful lineages and I've always wanted to freeze holidays, especially yules and hollies. Now I can without feeling guilty.

I'll admit I've been openly hoping for the limits to be lifted, simply so I wouldn't have to release some pretty 2nd gen holidays so I could find better mates, I'm simply ecstatic.

I'm no too sure because there's hardly any holiday egg in the AP that stays longer than one second and there are still so many cave blockers

They will form walls eventually. Halloween was always without limits, and yet we had a wall this year late in the breeding week.

I'd say it's worth it. Sure there's more competition, but the walls that form will be less severe and older players actually have something to do during the week (plus, there are probably people breeding their dragons who wouldn't have bred them due to lack of demand before the limits were lifted).

I'd say it's worth it. Sure there's more competition, but the walls that form will be less severe and older players actually have something to do during the week (plus, there are probably people breeding their dragons who wouldn't have bred them due to lack of demand before the limits were lifted).

This^^ I wasn't going to breed any of mine, and I only had one christmas under my belt, which meant I wouldn't have ever bred my christmases.

Totally totally worth it. I'm having a blast. And I wasn't going to even breed my Christmas dragons this year except on request. Now I'll breed them all. Someone will want all their babies. smile.gif

Because I have all the past holidays already, and was at the limits for everything except hollies (which was by choice) the last couple years I haven't had anything to do once I'd done the event, until the new dragons dropped. This is fantastic. I've hunted the AP for awhile. I'm arranging to swap some of my 2nd gens for other people's 2nd gens. I'm really getting to participate this year in all of the fun.

Well, I can say that it's done horrible things for my productivity today. rolleyes.gif But I've caught a couple more Hollies, plus a Ribbon Dancer from Black Marrow. Also, the prospect of prize x holiday checkers beckons! xd.png

People breeding Christmas dragons that otherwise wouldn't have been bred sounds good to me. smile.gif

It doesn't have much of an influence on me, personally (except for the tiny regret of having frozen one CB every year until now...), because I don't do Holiday lineages except with non-holiday offspring, because they're too much of a hassle for my taste. xd.png

But I'm looking forward to seeing others make beautiful lineages! biggrin.gif

I also hope there will still be Hollies going to people who had none yet. I am a bit afraid of Holly-"hoarding" (yeah, I know, no such thing. But you know what I mean. tongue.gif) but I trust that the majority of experienced players who actually already do have Hollies want to spread them around, too. smile.gif (I gifted the two I could, plus made 5 nice-lineaged eggs for the AP, yay! Hope they went to nice homes where they'll be bred to suitable mates next year...)

I love, love, LOVE it! I've always wanted 1 of every possible sprite, though up until now quite a few breeds were off limits to such collecting. Not anymore biggrin.gif I couldn't be more thrilled!

And lineages! Oh think of the lineages biggrin.gif -drools-

Well, I would say totally worth it because we can finally build more lineages with Christmas dragons -- they totally deserve awesome lineages. Second, I can finally, finally freeze some of them to complete my scroll goal.

Although competition is tough in the AP (I hope it would get better, when people with fast computer are scroll-locked), and the no limit may cause me to not getting some rare dragons (yea, I'm looking at you, Holly), the pros totally outweigh the cons here for me and I'm glad.

This was totally worth it~

I love the no limt. Now i can get even more hollies and other babies and freeze them for a wonderful army~ Even though competition is tough it is still really awesome !

I like the compromise of keeping dragons limited their first year, and then lifting the limit after that.

It's cool. smile.gif

I still collect all Valentine and Christmas dragons as if the limit stayed the same, this makes no difference to me. smile.gif

When it was being discussed in Suggestions, I preferred the idea of increasing the limit by year. In any case though, I'm very excited that TJ did this. (And I love the compromise of only being allowed 2 CBs.) Definitely worth it. It is harder to catch a Holly, though, and I don't have any in the first place.

I hope Valentine's will be the same. SWEETLINGS.... my babies....