DarkEternity

Lifting the Holiday limit

The new limits kinda made me wish I held on to a second holly , what was it, two years ago? I was looking for one with a magi lineage and just going into the chat and giving away the ones that didn't fit. Which was all of them. A lot of people were happy with their first holly though and I ended up giving someone else a fourth gen thuwed holly or something.

I haven't been active on the forums and was wondering if dead lining is still possible. If so I can make a pseudo magi x holly lineage for now until I can get a real one.

I've found some great lineages with the other dragons though and contemplated throwing this one back:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/815vb

If I can't find a mate for it on the AP, I'm contemplating breeding one. I still have not bred mine and I'm hoping my original holly will make several eggs. I'm swapping the one I'm keeping though for a dead lined holly. I got a pretty good mate set up for it too.

EDIT: also just as a heads up, as soon as an egg hatches I'm breeding my holly in case anyone's watching the ap. It will be a varied 4th even gen.

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

Congrats on that beauty!

I, too, have bred eggs i wouldn't have bred , if the limits weren't lifted. So i think it's a great advantage for people who collect nice lineages like me, although it IS tough this year and perhaps the next year too, to grab something from the AP!

I hope it gets better...

....and than my chance will come and i will have more than one little messy Holly as well....muhahahaha xd.png

I'm really happy about the lifted limit. I love Ribbon Dancers a lot and I was always a little sad that I couldn't get more of them but now I can and I currently have seven of them growing on my scroll c: I also got gifted my first Holly this year, I still can't quite believe it! =o

Edited by Silvaerie

I've found some great lineages with the other dragons though and contemplated throwing this one back:

If I can't find a mate for it on the AP, I'm contemplating breeding one.

*snip*

As far as I know, Christmas x Christmas pairings will always produce offspring of the newer breed, so there's no chance a ribbon dancer x winter magi combo will produce ribbon dancer babies sad.gif Hope that will change at some point, too... Seems to be not true, see post on the next page smile.gif

Edited by Ha-Ki

i was like it lifted there a few Xmas dragon I love to death :xd.png:, still that darn holly always escapes me -.-

I joined in 2008 and don't have a holly - but I have caught some, put some back, gifted some to ones who don't mind a messy lineage, and I know sooner-or-later I will.

I am thrilled that the limits are lifted, because it's now possible to make some gorgeous lineages, and I have caught plenty of pretty 2nd gens in the AP, as have my hubby and friends.

And since I missed a couple of years, I am especially happy to be able to pick up more than 2 each of those. Yulebuck is one of my favorites, too, and I can now add to my pair of CB ones biggrin.gif

I can't wait for more room on my scroll so I can find some more.

The only thing that I was unhappy about was that I thought you could influence them and you can't - and while I'm not smart about this, aren't there some of these that will gender both ways? I know the wiki said the Hollies could be influenced, but when I tried before I gifted the last one, I couldn't.

edit: my friend who found the 4th gen wants to know how this happened:

http://dragcave.net/view/Holy (it's one of the base dragons for her egg)

that a holly was hatched on Feb 15, grew on up the 18th?

bizarre...

Edited by daba555

bizarre...

I think someone who won the Valentine's raffle chose a Holly as a prize. smile.gif

bizarre...

It's a Honorable Mention Holly meaning it won't have the catch date on Dec 25-27. I think anyways since Raffle is after the catching season right?

I think someone who won the Valentine's raffle chose a Holly as a prize. smile.gif

ah, I see. I had no idea such things happened, and obviously know nothing about raffles.

thanks!

Ah now I know why the hollies are still impossible to catch -

I've been trying since 2008 to get one and keep missing them on the AP. I was hoping it would be easier this year as quotas filled but obviously it is not to be.

Oh for a fast connection!

As far as I know, Christmas x Christmas pairings will always produce offspring of the newer breed, so there's no chance a ribbon dancer x winter magi combo will produce ribbon dancer babies sad.gif Hope that will change at some point, too...

I think it's okay! I have a Snow Angel from Yulebuck x Snow Angel, and I just caught a Yulebuck from Yulebuck x Snow Angel today. And I seem to remember breeding holiday dragons together and getting a mixture of eggs from the pairing, before. So, a mate is possible, from what I've experienced!

I think it's okay! I have a Snow Angel from Yulebuck x Snow Angel, and I just caught a Yulebuck from Yulebuck x Snow Angel today. And I seem to remember breeding holiday dragons together and getting a mixture of eggs from the pairing, before. So, a mate is possible, from what I've experienced!

Wow, that's good news! I just came across a thread in the help section where someone reported christmas x christmas would only produce the male parent's breed, but that seems not to be the case either if you have both breeds from the same pairing smile.gif

The new limits kinda made me wish I held on to a second holly , what was it, two years ago? I was looking for one with a magi lineage and just going into the chat and giving away the ones that didn't fit. Which was all of them. A lot of people were happy with their first holly though and I ended up giving someone else a fourth gen thuwed holly or something.

I haven't been active on the forums and was wondering if dead lining is still possible. If so I can make a pseudo magi x holly lineage for now until I can get a real one.

If I can't find a mate for it on the AP, I'm contemplating breeding one. I still have not bred mine and I'm hoping my original holly will make several eggs. I'm swapping the one I'm keeping though for a dead lined holly. I got a pretty good mate set up for it too.

EDIT: also just as a heads up, as soon as an egg hatches I'm breeding my holly in case anyone's watching the ap. It will be a varied 4th even gen.

I bred several of those - I'll do it again for you next year if you like - they're all gone for now, though !

MINE were named though xd.png

I dislike it. The best part about the holiday eggs in general has been the holiday egg wall in the AP, at least for me. I miss the full egg wall. I have had a hard time getting the holiday eggs (even though I've been on DC for almost 5 years I always managed to miss out on holiday eggs) and I thankfully have gotten them now but I really love the holiday wall. And I'm sad it's gone.

But I'll survive. wink.gif

The best part about the holiday eggs in general has been the holiday egg wall in the AP, at least for me. I miss the full egg wall.

I still rather expect to see a holiday egg wall, come Christmas day!

I'm sure we will. We are still getting over the massive AP backlog - but the low times get lower every day biggrin.gif.

I love the change. I like to collect gendered and ungendered frozen hatchies, and now I can do so without giving up my adults. Not to mention I've been hunting another 2nd gen Yule--one of my adult Yulebucks is 2nd gen but the other doesn't have the best lineage, and it would have made me really sad to release him. Now I can keep my handsome 4th gen Kyzane and still search up another pretty 2nd gen. And the hatchies! Everything I've kept this year so far has been for freezing because I love those holiday hatchies so much! I can hardly wait for Valentine's Day now--hopefully those limits will also be removed, and then I can collect Heartseekers and Sweetlings to my heart's content =)

I'm mixed about it. Very happy that I'll be able to breed the Snow Angels and Yulebucks (which I adore). Bummed a bit too because I've been trying to catch a Holly since 2008, and after last year, it looked like it might actually be a possibility because so many folks got them.

But it's not the end of the world. It's a game and I've lived this long without one. smile.gif

There seems to be a lot more hollies going around compared to last, or last last Christmas, which would explain the deflated prices for hollies, so yeah, I am happy abt that.

Now if I can only get the one I need to trade for my scroll goals...that would be awesome.

Edited by ylangylang