angelicdragonpuppy

ANSWERED:Multiple Snow Angel Colors Per Scroll

Pretty simple suggestion. Instead of making Snow Angel patterns stick to one per scroll, let them either breed true to their parent's patterns (preferable) or be randomized. This suggestion is of especial interest now that TJ's given a nod of approval to the idea of increasing Christmas dragon breed limits.

TheAntimonyElement has currently given approval for allowing multiple patterns to appear on scrolls.

Currently waiting a response from Jaziandco...

Isn't it basically implied that the art will be used forever when you sprite anyways? Back to the snow angels, I like the idea of randomizing (it's more fun) but I hate it when I put a lot of effort into trading/breeding for a nebula lineage and the nebula miscolors. Maybe breeding the parents colors would be best.

Edited by Sarah864

I spoke with JaziandCo and he says this:

It was originally Dis's concept according to him, so you should really ask Dis's opinion as well, but Jaz for his part is against the suggestion of opening up alternate wing colors for all scrolls because one color per scroll was TJ's original preference all along. He wants the dragons to remain as TJ intended for them to be.

My choice would be for the parents to breed true.. tri-color breeds tri-color, gold breeds gold, white breeds white.. and if you breed two different colors, you get a 50/50 chance of the two involved.

To be honest, I think that the fact we only get one colour makes Snow Angels special. I don't care what happens to lineage patterns, unlike you (@angelicdragonpuppy), so personally I'm against this.

There's something about the Christmas event that I've always liked and that some people suggest removing. Certain limits, like scroll limits (2 per scroll) and Snow Angel colour limits have never seemed bad to me because it's one of those things that are different from the regular releases or the Halloween event, where people can grab and trade for and get as much as they desire.

On Christmas you don't take much but it's wonderufl anyway. Nobody can get more than one wing colour, but isn't it so difficult to be happy about what you've got rather than ask for more? If it were an issue with some Halloween dragons, then I'd support being able to get multiple colours as long as ithe artist(s) want(s) that, but I'm fine with things as they are regarding Christmas (Valentine too).

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I spoke with JaziandCo and he says this:

It was originally Dis's concept according to him, so you should really ask Dis's opinion as well, but Jaz for his part is against the suggestion of opening up alternate wing colors for all scrolls because one color per scroll was TJ's original preference all along. He wants the dragons to remain as TJ intended for them to be.

1) Then the decision is up to TJ (and can thus be, well, posted in the suggestions forums) anyway, no?

2) I looked for a way to contact Dis, but they haven't posted on the forums in almost a year and their dA almost longer... sad.gif

To be honest, I think that the fact we only get one colour makes Snow Angels special. I don't care what happens to lineage patterns, unlike you (@angelicdragonpuppy), so personally I'm against this.

[...]]

1) It's not even about lineage patterns (that's why I said random coloring would be fine, too--although bloody annoying for those of us who DO work on lineages... heartfelt feelings to everyone working on Nebula checkers xd.png) it's more about being able to get all the sprites. I can understand you feeling as you do, but I hope you can also see the other side. When Snow Angels happened I was in IRC at the time, and while yes, we were glad to have them, there were also a lot of sad feelings that people couldn't get them all / didn't get one they wanted / whatever. Which yah, that's life (sometimes you get games, sometimes you get socks...), but part of the pleasantness about video games is they don't have to be strictly realistic. People shouldn't have to get blue socks when they prefer red socks, so to speak, even if the blue socks are really pretty too. Also in this case people still can only have the CBs of their original color anyway, so much will remain the same.

I like Cinnamin Draconna's suggestion but then again I have no Snow Angels to speak of so I'm not sure what all the breeders would think...*this is your cue to respond*

1) It's not even about lineage patterns (that's why I said random coloring would be fine, too--although bloody annoying for those of us who DO work on lineages... heartfelt feelings to everyone working on Nebula checkers xd.png) it's more about being able to get all the sprites.

You brougbt up zhe topic of lineages in the other thread you suggested this in, which is why I mentioned it.

From what I remember Snow Angel patterns are tied to your scroll, so even if you pick up more they would end up with the same patterns. I seem to remember some people experimenting and confirming this.
That's how it is right now, but it'd sure be nice if that was removed once limits were lifted... otherwise people will forever miss out on 2/3rds of the possible lineage possibilities. sad.gif

I like Cinnamin's suggestion, but I wouldn't have a problem if the colors stayed as they are. I've grown rather fond of my gold winged ones.

(the thread was locked right when I was posting so I copypasted)

Eh, I don't really like the idea of having multiple colors per scroll. Cinnamin Draconna's suggestion seems kind of interesting, though.

I personally really don't like the color of Snow Angel I got but I kind of like the way they're implemented, where each scroll gets a certain specific color. It feels special...

Though if the artists, conceptor, and TJ were all okay with it and it were to be implemented, I'd be fine with it.

Eh. I've never been unhappy only having one color of wings, but it's not like other people having the option hurts me in any way.

I wouldn't mind this happening.

I'm not strongly for or against. I think that lineage-breeding with Snow Angels is an interesting challenge right now. I think that lineage-breeding with Snow Angels would be an interesting challenge if it changed. *shrug* I neither think this is a necessary change nor a repulsive one.

I'd prefer it stayed that way it is. Breeding true limits lineages and randomized colours could halt lineages that are only available once a year.

I would be okay with allowing the colour to be determined depending on the scroll it was hatched on even if traded. I can see this having its own problems though.

I love the idea. Seeing a Snow Angel in somebody's signature on another site was what brought me to dragcave - I'd seen other adoptables from other sites in people's signatures and never been too interested, but this particular sprite was SO gorgeous I just had to know more. I think all three sprites are amazing, and if the limits were changed and we saw scrolls that had all three sprites I think that would be pretty darn cool.

I don't mind things too much as they are now but I don't feel like it's "special" the way it is now. I guess it is special to have something that some other people don't have, but really a lot of other people *do* have it, too. And along with that is the fact that two other gorgeous sprites you can't get, which for me takes the special out of it and moves it towards fine/neutral for me. I guess game-mechanics-wise, it's special in that it's the only sprite that isn't a spriter's alt that you can't get (unless you can't get the breed in the first place) but I feel that's more a source of potential confusion than special. But there must have been good reasoning to have it be like that in the first place - I guess it would make more sense to change it if the limits are also changed than it would if the limits stayed the same.

Edited by diaveborn

I'd support! I've grown to like my tri-colors OK, but when I initially found out they were the color I got, I was very disappointed. I would really like to just have the variety possible; right now I feel limited. Personally, I would also favor inheriting the mother's color. Not sure how I feel about random-on the one hand, at least I'd get variety and any lineage is possible, but nebulae are already a pain, and they can breed more often than once a year.

I'd prefer it stayed that way it is. Breeding true limits lineages and randomized colours could halt lineages that are only available once a year.

I agree, breeding true and randomizing both don't sound good to me.

I would be okay with allowing the colour to be determined depending on the scroll it was hatched on even if traded. I can see this having its own problems though.

I really like this idea! This way, people can have multiple colors but also know exactly which color they'll get (assuming the person who hatches the egg knows which color their scroll is coded for).

While yes, this could be an issue for people who prefer solo play, at least this leaves them in the same situation as before. And I like the idea of working together with others to make lineages with multiple wing colors. smile.gif While it may make holiday trading a bit more hectic, I think it would be worth it.

Per my personal opinion, I think that this would be a neat change if the holiday limits were to be raised.

Even if not, I think I would still like it. I like my plain gold wings, but I do like the other wings a little more, and I think it would be really good to allow users a chance to get the sprites they like best.

Since it's not a suggestion that is actively changing what is already on everyone's scrolls, I don't see any harm in implementing this whatsoever.

I rather like the wing pattern being scroll linked and picking up the other colors through lineages from other people. Seems to build more of a community spirit if you have to work together.

Edited by Sir Barton

If this were to be implemented I would like to see the version you get be the same as the mother. Random would just be too much of a pain if you were trying to build a certain pattern in a lineage -- sort of like breeding stripes only you could only breed once a year! (NO THANKS!) But I would only want this in connection with an increase in breed limits. Otherwise there is no point as you still couldn't have all the sprites on your scroll.

I rather enjoy the idea that the colour of the SA is determined by the scroll it hatches on and the colour staying even when the dragon is hatched c:

It would make a nice addition if the holiday limits are raised, I agree smile.gif

I was really disappointed when I learned that once you have a certain Snow Angel type, you're stuck with it forever. I was hoping that if I released them and got new eggs, they could hatch in different colors, but I found out, that wasn't the case and no matter what, I would get the same type of my firsts. I don't mind not having multiple snow angel colors, but at least being able to get different colors if I released my Snow Angels would be nice. Like some kind of reset?

Inheriting the mother's color seems to be a nice idea smile.gif

While the Golden-winged pattern is my least-favourite one and I have always wanted the tri-coloured one I'm against this idea. This characteristic is what puts Snow Angels apart. Also the reason why I want the limits for holiday breeds to stay as they are. They make holidays special and unique.

This is a fantastic idea. Snow Angels are my favorite Christmas breed and I would love to have all three variations.

I would love to see this, and love to have all the colors on my scroll. IMO, this would not take away from their 'specialness' at all. They are still a holiday dragon and still only available once a year. If people only want one color on their scroll they can just collect that one color. But for others that want some or all, they can.