padfoot

The Unlikely

(((Timeline)))

Zeke smiled and rubbed his hands together, "Alright, we leave immediately then" He said happily. He flipped open his journal and found a ever growing mass of information being scribbled down on the pages before his eyes. Zeke raised the book at arm's length and placed his palm over the page. The air behind the book began to concave until a snap could be heard. The wind began to pick up and the trees overhead began to sway. His windows always did strange things to the atmosphere, especially on cloudy days. He closed his book and swept his arm towards the doorway, "After you, you should pop out in the same room as Zeke if I got the coordinates right", he said, giving her a clear path.

(Steven was wisped out from the rubble by Navi.)

Navi returned back to human... In three pieces. One Navi, another female, and a male. Navi screamed and the female ran away. The male just jumped. "What?! WHAT?! WHAAAAT?!!!" She started freaking out. "Steven?! Go to there! Zeke's there." The male demanded. The other female was darting into the desert. Navi went wisp and chased after her. The male waved at the dogs. "Er... Come." He commanded, and headed to Zeke, tugging Steven along.

"Wait, aren't you Zeke?" Sharvani asked as she stepped through the window. "And where is this taking me, anyways?" She paused. "Hey, did you maybe happen to also get a girl called Isa? Isa Swan?"

Zeke looked at her in confusion and remembered something important he left out, 'Oh yeah. Yes I am Zeke but on the other side of this portal is the Alpha Timeline Zeke. He is the original that created the rest of us.", he explained as the weather worsened, "There are ae lot of us alternate Zeke's running around. Odds are we will see each other again". The Zeke dressed in red scratched his chin, "Doesn't ring a bell. Don't think I have met her yet", he admitted. Edited by padfoot

"Oh, I see." Sharvani jumped through the window, landing softly on the other side. "Hi, Alpha Timeline Zeke!" She chirped. Vaguely, she remembered reading something about timelines and alphas in a webcomic somewhere.

The male slammed open the door, looking upset. He unceremoniously dumped Steven inside and marched up to Zeke. "You! We need to talk. Now." He sighed, sitting down next to him. "Seal those frayed edges. Do you need me to show you at this point in time? Because every time you screw around and leave one open when Mistress Navi splits we have alternative versions. I'm Tael. Tatl escaped and Navi's trying to wrap her head around what's going on. Now we need to hurry, before there's more of us."

Edited by lycrawaterz14

Three things happened that instant. One, the wall that was open to showing the condition the the time stream snapped shut. Two, some random girl appeared in the living room. Three, some random guy came bursting in screaming at him. He rose from his spot and glared at the new girl, "Seat. Take it. NOW", he demanded, pointing to the spot on the couch next to where the man dumped Steven. He put his finger over his mouth to cut off the man, "Shut the hell up", he told him, "Can you see that our Celestial is meditating?". He grabbed the boy and led him from the room so they could talk, holding up one finger to the new girl to tell her to hang on. He got him in the hallway so he could finish talking. He looked at him with confusion, "So what? I have alternate Mes running around in time and thats no picnic", he said. He was being snappy because they had drug him from his trance and now his head was hurting and his eyes were still glowing. He turned his back and started back down the hall, "Time will correct its self if you give her a chance. Besides, what do you have to do with the time stream?". He went back into the living room and faced the girl that appeared, "Hello. I don't think we have met", he said, assuming she already knew who he was.

Navi burst in and was holding a girl and babbling, and the girl she was holding was pulling Navi's hair. The boy just lifted an eyebrow and pointed. "We won't come back together until the time stream is equalized. We're like a loose thread in the fabric of time. You want to keep pulling until it falls apart? Navi is..." He huffed and thought. Navi was currently being attacked on the floor. "Involved in the time stream directly. If you're a fish gliding through the water, moving where you wish to be, she's a tin can tied to your tail. Understand? I can guide your trance to heal the frays. Tell me when you're ready." Navi was still trying to get herself off of her. "TATL! CEASE!" The boy yelled to the girl. The attacker stopped, and Navi hyperventilated in the floor. "Dammit." The boy huffed.

(Navi's messed up the time stream. Everyone else is trying to regroup after the eons blew up the shelter.)

Edited by lycrawaterz14

Zeke looked at the Tael, to Carrissa, to the new girl. He looked at Navi fighting on the floor, "I don't have time for this. If I close up the time streams then my alternate selves will cease to exist", he was trying to explain it in simple terms, "Without my alternate selves, everyone stays dead and so will Earth". He bit his lip and looked at Navi, "One life to save thousands", he said quietly, "This is my only choice".

"I'm not saying close the entire stream, I'm saying remove the blockade. Too many disturbances in the timeline cause this. Because of errors in history Navi was born male, making me. Because of her messed up childhood it made Tatl. She only exists if certain perimeters are kept in check. Just let me borrow the celestial, I can close the gaps and show you how to keep them from happening again. I can let you see a whole new way of using Navi's powers. You can see how each outcome came to be. You can see how the Eons came to power, see what made that reality happen... I just need you to fix the tears before more of us come..." The boy seemed anxious. "I know the Alpha timeline is the only place I can fix it. I've tried diving in and out of the streams myself and I can't."

Zeke looked back at Carrissa, "I can't hand her over and I will not allow you to mess with the time streams. I'm sorry", he said. He was not letting anyone else have the ability to alter the timelines. That was final. Still, it was strange that the alternate Navi's were pouring into this timeline. Alternate selves happen but they never leave their own timelines. Even if they did they would have to be let in by Zeke. This was strange. Zeke glared at the boy anyway, He knew how this all started, he had a front row seat when it did. Zeke couldn't see the future unless he witnessed it personally or one of his other selves wrote it in his journal, that power was reserved for Carrissa.

He looked surprised and scared. "So you're locking us here, powerless? If Mistress Navi uses her powers again more of us will come, and if we do we risk collapsing the timelines upon ourself? You're dooming all three of us!" Tael seemed upset, but Tatl was trying to find somewhere to run. "You're going to kill us. Trap us here, and kill us." He looked at Zeke, horror and disgust on his face.

Edited by lycrawaterz14

Zeke ran his hand through his dirty hair and exhaled, "I....I can take you back to your timelines and seal them once I leave. That's the best I can do", he said sternly, "But remember. If I do this and Navi dies. That's it. There will not be anymore to bring back". He didn't like them all here. It was creating a storm with so many alternate selves in one room. He was just lucky that his alternate self didn't cross over when he brought the new girl in.

Zeke shrugged and looked at Ethan, Luck and the Twins, "Thats a good question, where are you guys going?", he asked.

Edited by padfoot

Tael dipped his head, an odd expression on his face. "Then please do so. Before I go back home... I want to speak with you a moment. Very briefly." He nodded, and took Tatl's hand. She seemed scared. "We're going home." He murmured.

Zeke nodded an went to wait outside. He didn't like this. He didn't like having to make decisions like this. Since he discovered he could bring his fallen friends back to life it gave him hope that they could win. First he found out that Carrissa couldn't be brought back it wasn't a big deal. Her disability meant she didn't get into dangerous situations very often but Navi. Navi was on the front lines all the time. Her dieing forever would be a major problem. He couldn't let it come to that.

Tael led Tatl outside, and he made sure to hold her hand until she got to Zeke. "Please be kind with her. This version is frail." He handed her off gently. Tael seemed to looked at Zeke as if he was trying to remember him.

"So..." Isa drawled, looking around curiously. "Where the censorkip.gif are we?"

((Yeah, that's it, cause I'm not sure what my other characters should be doing))

Thalia managed to get out before everything crashed in, but now she was alone. "Perfect, just my luck then," she muttered before adjusting her bag and marching into the desert. The sun wasn't an issue, she could just levitate sand into making a permanent moving barrier against the sun. At last she came upon Zeke and some kid. Seeing how she arrived just in time for a question, she answered it with her usual grace and 'charm', "the future, kid." she slung her arm around the newbie's shoulder. "Innit a wonderful sight to behold? Desert everywhere ya look, and death aplenty." she stopped to look at Zeke. "By the way, Sanctuary's blown up. Didn't know if you knew."

Roxanne stumbled out of the small store remaints she had holed up in.

" censorkip.gif !! " A cruiser had managed to find her. "Not today you son of a censorkip.gif !" The girl turned and for a few moments opened fired with her semi- auto 45. "Die you mother censorkip.gif !!" Roxy didn't usually have a foul mouth, however, it wasn't best to let her around kids when trying to fight off them.

A laser sliced through the night, it narrowly missed severing her arm. Roxy emptied the clip, and fumbled for another one, slapping it into the gun. Another highly concentrated beam lashed out. That was seconds after she felt the deep, cutting pain in her leg. " censorkip.gif !" Yet another curse passed her lips, looking down, she saw a deep laceration. " censorkip.gif , censorkip.gif ." This wasn't good. Holstering her gun, she ran, limping along. Next moment she knew, she was sprawled out on the ground, the top of her head burning hot.

The cruiser landed, and she could hear two of the occupants climb out. "Is she dead?" They spoke in a grueling tone, and Roxanne's hair stood on end. She didn't dare move. "Laser went clean through."

"Let's go then."

Without another word, they borded the cruiser.

"Sanitation will be by in a few moments to pick her up."

Well censorkip.gif .

As the cruiser departed, Roxy only waited a few precious seconds before being up and running again.

((Hope that's ok...))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

((Right, sorry about that. We decided to extend the road trip... gotta love when one of your buddies convinces the rest to stay for the rest of the festival.

Anyway, assuming my character haven't died of horrifying causes, what did I miss?)

((Lore, pooch and ryan found the coyotes and sent them out to gather everyone, a trio found navi, stephen, carissa and zeke, and the rest are heading to their location. Everyone is making their way out of sanctuary, and thalia has joined the group. Apparently Navi has disturbed the timelines, so there are problems between whether or not they should be closed, which would stabilize navi, but destroy all hope for humanity.))

The three dogs followed the humans across the trailer park, sharing looks that even humans could see were of exasperation. Padding quietly in behind the burst of ruckus, the three coyotes were instantly drawn to the silent Carissa; resting their weatherbeaten heads on their paws, forming a protective semi circle on the floor around her chair. Nearly dozing in their oasis of unexpected calm amidst the frustration of the scene, the trio of dogs waited patiently for the others to join them.

A second crew of coyotes loped across the desert dunes towards the sunken rubble of Nashville, led by a tiny, battlescarred female. Cresting the high, sandy hills, the lead coyote stopped, sniffing the acrid air to find a trail which would lead them to the tiny cluster of humans she'd located earlier; curling her lip she leaped down the side of the hill, sprinting with renewed speed towards the East.

After a short journey, the small group of canines noticed a strengethening scent of human; sweat, the metallic scent of coins, the distant dusting of perfume, all of these combined in a scent trail strong enough for even the youngest of the crew to follow without a hitch.Squinting their eyes in unison at the cluster of shapes half hidden amongst the whipping sand, the coyotes raised a singular howl, alerting the group of humans to their presence... two twins, a small male with the scent of metal in his fist, two dark haired men, and a woman with green hair all stood silhouetted against the bright, hot sky.

" We're headed for the desert...at least I think we are..." Suddenly, Luck looked confused. Desert? Where did she get that idea. Oh well. It seemed to work with the others.Seeing this other Zeke confused her also. Where'd he come from? Why teleport here? She lost her train of thought when she heared the sound of dogs. She loked to her left and sure enough: a smal group of cyoties approched them, problibly sent by Pooch. " We best get going." She said." We still have to find the others. Our new cainine friends might be helpfull." She gestered to the dogs with her hand.

The sound of a howl had made the hair on the back of her neck stand on end. Dogs? No... They can't be. And wolves... They have nowhere to hide around here. Coyotes?! Roxanne moved along, looking back over her shoulder evey so often. She wasn't about to have a repeat of earlier. The pain still fresh in her leg, she stumbled along. Thoughts began to come in broken sentences, they were fractured and broken. Blood... Need... Fix... Tie... Stop blood...

Struggling to keep going, as well as clear the edging darkness from her vision, she tripped and fell. Bittting back a cry, she fought for normal motor kills.

Focus, we need to stop the bleeding. Use... Fabric. She slumped down with her back to the remaints of a wall. Tearing her shirt, she wrapped the fabric around. Tie it tight now... She tightened the fabric around her upper leg, and rose to her feet. Keep moving... If I can find those coyotes, maybe they will let me stay with them. I'll have to shift though. Her shifting to her wolf form wasn't always the most pleasant thing when injured. Many muscles had to be moved or stretched, and bones shifted, adding pain to an injury. But it would be worth it. When I get to the desert, I'll have to shift.

No more than fifteen grueling minutes later, she could see the sand beginning to cover the concrete. Dropping to her knees, she closed her eyes, letting the transformation to take place. Gritting her teeth, she fought to not scream in pain. The process left her flank aching, yet other than that, she was ok. Fabric was still wrapped around it, and she looked back with a nod. Time to find these wild dogs.

Edited by RavenWolf1010