padfoot

The Unlikely

Phlox breathed a sigh of relief and flexed his stiff ankle. "Thank god... I lost control there..." he said, beaming. Suddenly, his face became emotionless and he began to fidget slightly. No, he didn't really feel very comfortable the way he was right now... There was a pause as he stilled and his gaze became slightly clouded. Phlox blinked and tilted his head to the side, focusing once more on Zeke. "No," he proceeded to answer the second question as he concentrated on making himself 'exist' again, "Why you here?"

Lucretia pouted and sighed. "Ruining my fun..." Then she giggled a little at the exaggerated chocking Black was doing, grabbing his collar. Black then spun out of the others grip.

"Whaddaya need us for?" he inquired curiously.

Isa paused for a moment, thinking it over. Time what? Oh... Her eyes lit up in rememberance and she grinned. "Oh, you're that dude that came over one day in physics class and asked Sharvani if she wanted to elope with you to the future or not! Never knew you were in my PE class. Where'd Sharvani go after that day, anyways? Did you two really run off to Italy or something?" Suddenly, her eyes took on a wary glint again and her grin faded. Her hand crept towards the drawing of a sword surrounded by flames. She had discovered her... ability a few years ago and, though she hadn't really used it since, she wasn't afraid to do it if it was in self-defense. "You still haven't told me why you're here and what you want..."

Edited by SoiledLove

Kriino blinked. Very well, then. He sat down and listened as Zeke explained his story. As he finished, Kriino thought about it. A thought bubble with metal gears appeared above his head, the gears spinning. A few minutes later, both his face and a lightbulb above his head lit up. "This isn't one of thse elaborate pranks, is it? If it is, then you're a very good actor." He stood up and brushed the red dust off the table. He grabbed the lightbulb and waved the cloud away, setting the lightbulb on the table. "Well, I suppose we should get going, then, no?"

Sharvani stumbled and ran after Zeke. She'd seen McGlincy's face turn red, and she briefly wondered what had happened. Even when he was absolutely ballistic over their antics, his face never turned that red. She wondered if running off with this stranger was a good idea. But if he was dangerous, then wouldn't they have called a lockdown? This was getting weirder and weirder. She wondered if Isa was alright. She'd only discovered her knack for destruction a few days ago, while Isa had already practiced with her drawings.

"Hey, so where are we going?" She asked Zeke. "And you haven't even told me your name yet!"

Luck listened to Ethan tell his story. The waiter came by and gave her her drink." Hmm... I'm not quite sure of what I'm suposed to say..."she took a few sips of water before changing the subjet." Well that's good that it keeps you sain. So, whatcha think about being back. Are we crazy or can you live with us this time?" She laughed, takeing a larger drink.

Zeke raised his eyebrow at Navi's sudden freak out about time. He was about to explain that the straw wrappers were only an example when she suddenly started rambling about different timelines and the laws of the universe. He straightened up when she started speaking in a different voice and a glowing ball formed in her hand, "Woah....", he said. She started talking faster and faster he jumped up and wrapped his arms around her, "Shush.... its ok", he whispered. He used his power to begin to unravel the knot of space-time from around her. He wasn't sure if this would work but it was his best bet. He had never seen someone do this.

Zeke laughed and shook his head, oh do I have a story for you", he said with a glint in his eye.

Zeke then explained why he was there and why he needed Phlox to come to the future with him

Zeke released Black and sat in his chair at the table. You might want to get comfortable, I have a hell of a story to tell..."

Zeke then proceeded to tell his story and request the two to help him win a war for earth in the future

Zeke looked puzzled at Isa as she mentioned him getting another girl, "What? I don't remember doing that", he said. It must have happened to a different version of himself than he hasn't became yet. Time travel got confusing at times like these. He took a deep breath, "Well I'm guessing I took her to the future like I said. I wouldn't lie about something like that you know". He said with a grin

Zeke burst into the stairwell and hopped down the stairs to the first floor. He needed to get out of the school where they would be safe. Maybe the woods? They could duck in and he could give her a rundown without being interrupted. HE realized she was speaking to him, "Huh, oh. I'm Ezekiel Warr and I was serous, we are going to the future", he said like it wasn't a big deal. IF he treated it as a normal thing, maybe she wouldn't freak out. He exited the school and slowed down. The woods were a straight shot and they would be there in a matter of minutes.

Zeke smiled at the boy's enthusiasm. This was was a lot more lively then the other recruits he picked up. He snapped his fingers, A habit that is as hard to kill as himself, and a portal opened behind him. Unlike the one Ethan went through, this one was not roaring and flashing multi colored lights. It was more like a window that distorted the picture on the other side. Whispers and the scent of the bar drifted into the room like a morning breeze, "Whenever your ready", he said with a smile.

Edited by padfoot

Poking at her lip, Pooch mused...this entire situation was making her hair stand on end, and Wyrms' hackles were up in anticipation. Watching Ryan pace, she thought aloud, "'s almost too open, ya know? Wheres the camoflague? 's almost like the lights they use to draw in the Nightbugs."

Looking up, she caught Ryans' eye as he weaved back and forth across the pavement"I think we're trottin' right into a waitin' maw."

"But", she said, her eyes scanning the deserted street " I think thats for the best. We can sneakystalk our way over and see what they're hopin' ta catch."

Her bright eyes widened at the thought of weaving through enemy sightlines. She was eager to prove herself to the team, anyway... and she was absolutely certain that with Ryans strength and her beasts waiting in the corners, that they could take on anything.

"Lets go!" She crowed, leaping off the bench and onto the cracked pavement, nearly dancing a jig over Ryans feet in her enthusiasm."I wanna see what thesethings are up to!"

"From what I can tell, they're not too keen on keeping themselves hidden. Testing something maybe?" Muttered Ryan just as he stopped pacing. When pooch wanted to go check them out, Ryan merely nodded as he took off towards the smoke. He trusted that Pooch and Wyrm could catch up. With his speed, it only took about ten or so seconds to get to the flaming building. As he crouched down and watched, he noticed that there was a strange Eon that he had never seen before. It was laughing, that was the one thing it kept doing, over and over again. But than, just as the laughing stopped, Ryan felt a ripple, the same kind of ripple when he was brought into this timeline's future.

The Eon was pulling the building from the past, to replace the ruined and torn down one. It took it about thirty or so seconds, but finally the pristine building had been placed in the future. The Eon merely started laughing psychoticly as it began to burn it down once more, the intense heat washed over him as the first floor became ignited. The other Eons merely watched, one of them even wrote down something.

As soon as Zeke touched the ball Navi was expelled backwards, hitting the bar with her back and slumping to the floor. She held her hands to her head and started to cry. All of the ball dissolved and returned to her. "Too many timelines open. Too many… Wh-what's happening to me…" she started to sob. She supposed Zeke's powers had affected her, the ability to look ahead further distorted and magnified with Zeke's hotspot of time powers.

Pooch turned to face Ryan, only to find that the man had completely disappeared. Before she could even turn to Wyrm and shrug, a huge crash and a deep rumble within the earth travelled across the block; nearly tossing her off her feet. Whirling towards the eruption of sound, she saw that it had come from the same location as the curious and bitter smoke.

Narrowing her eyes, she ran towards it, Wyrm loping heavily by her side.

Peeping around a corner, she spotted Ryan crouched amongst the rubble and gasped as an enormous building crumbled, engulfed in flames. Wyrm growled deep in his chest, directing her attention to some sort of deranged eon, laughing hideously as he stared at the decimated building..... and she understood that it was doing this. She certainly didn't understand how or why, it seemed to her that he simply recreated the same building, only to destroy it over again; a show of immense power that she really did not like knowing existed on the enemys' side.

Hearing a familiar croak, Pooch grinned toothily as she watched Joff and dozens of his comrades dart overhead, only to line the buildings above; silently encircling the entire square block like an army of watchful guardians. They would be ready if she needed them.

Darting between piles of rubble and wisps of smoke, Pooch made her way over to Ryan, she and Wyrm flanking him on either side.

"Any ideas, boss?" she whispered.

Ethan flipped his coin once more, his expression changing back to the positive one he normally had on. "Well so far it has been pretty bearable, but considering I have only been getting some memories of the people I interacted with I only know four people. Three people if you count the twins as one person. I remember that you're illusion girl."

Carissa sighed, bending down to touch either side of Navi's head. "Shhh, calm down." She said, in a remarkably soothing voice. "It's okay, just go to sleep. It's time to sleep." She cooed, calming the energy inside Navi. She needed to get this out of the way long enough to talk to Zeke, then she would have time to really help Navi. But right now, warning Zeke was on the top of her priority list.

Luck raised an eyebrow at Ethan." Sereously? Illusion girl? That sounds like a bad super hero name! Don't ever call me that again!" She smiled from cheek to cheek, almost laughing." Or I could start calling you Coin guy or..something..." she shook her head, still laughing.

Sharvani grinned and slid down the banister, zipping past Zeke. She followed Zeke into the woods surrounding the school, laughing. "So why are you rushing? You're a time traveller, right? What, do you have a TARDIS or something?" She hoped this Zeke character wasn't crazy or anything. Oh God, if he was a psycho killer who fooled his victims into thinking they were going on an innocent adventure, and then luring them into a secluded area and...oh God.

"So...uh, Ezekiel..." She started. "You...you're not, like, a wanted serial killer or anything, are you?" That was stupid. Who'd say "yes"?

Oh boy. So this was how she'd die, huh?

Kriino laughed and grabbed his glasses from the table. He skipped through the portal and looked around when he reached the other side. "Well, I was expecting something more...grandoise," he admitted. "But this isn't bad, either." He wandered around the place, glancing at all the people. This would be fun. Right?

Carissa gave a small smile, "You'll be fine." She said, standing turning to Zeke, all emotion gone from her face. "Zeke, I need to talk to you. It's very urgent." She said briskly, taking his arm. She stopped, and slapped him across the face. "You idiot! What do you think you're doing?! Running around and getting hurt? I keep telling you that you need to listen to me! But you don't, you keep making this harder! Oh, come on!" She said, dragging him out of the bar.

"No, not Coin Guy, that doesn't explain what I do in the name. It just makes me sound like a human change machine. I would probably be Lucky Boy or Horseshoe Man. The Shamrock wouldn't be so bad either, it sounds more mysterious." Ethan seemed pretty deep in thought when coming up with his super hero names.

((Wait. Phlox, Lucretia and Black are both already a part of this mess... So why is Zeke telling them all that stuff?))

"Uh huh..." Isa muttered. "Tell me about this future then... And why you need me there." A snake slithered out of her drawing and into her lap, though Isa just petted the Egyptian Asp without taking her eyes off Zeke as if it was a regular occurrence.

Ryan merely looked down at Pooch, with a look that showed that he had already committed himself to a fight. An inner-fire burned within him, yet it was contained, focused, ready to be unleashed methodically. He turned back his gaze back to the Eons, the rubble and smoke provided enough cover that they didn't notice them. His ears picked up the sound of birds, a sign that it wasn't just gonna be the three of them in this fight.

"Here is the plan." Ryan whispered as he crouched down lower so he was at eye level with Pooch.

"Get some of your birds friends, set them near an open area and draw their attention. I'll go in and take out Mr. Psycho, your job is to stay hidden and cause as much chaos as you can. Our goal here is just that one Eon. Once that's done, we book it. Do whatever it takes for you to get back to Zeke." He whispered, taking side glances every now and than at the group. Once he was done explaining, he readjusted himself to get a running start at the group.

"Okay Pooch, ready when you are."

Pooch gulped down the knot of trepidation in her throat, nodding at Ryans instructions. "Alright mate" she whispered, "Just take care of yourself... and your earrings too"

Winking, she turned, scuttling across the cracked pavement and around to the other side to the thick shadows covering the sidewalk. Leaping into the air, she snagged the edge of a torn and fluttering storefront awning, pulling herself up and into the top to crouch behind its jumbled lettering and pooled shadows.

Reaching into her pouch and retrieving her whistle, she looked back up at Joff and his small army before blowing three sharp blasts. In an organized swirl of black feathers, half the birds flew through the Eon group, one of them snatching the notepad from an observers hand, another scraping its' claws across the pyromaniacal eons' face before they all settled in the town square; croaking and rustling their feathers loudly. The Eons turned and murmered, staring at the strange gathering as the pyromaniac held his wounded face and one of the tallest eons screeched and chased his stolen notes.

With a smirk, Pooch looked back down at Wyrm, who was dancing about on the pavement, trying and failing to hide his excitement. At the snap of her fingers, he was off, zigzagging through piles of debris as he stalked silently to the back of the Eon party; crouching in the shadows for the right opportunity as they waited for Ryans' strike.

Edited by ChildeRolande

((Wait what? I thought you wanted them to start in their respected timelines?))

Zeke learned his lesson from watching Navi get thrown from him when he touched her. He let Carrissa tend to her. When she was satisfied that Navi was fine, Zeke could relax. Only to be surprised by Carrissa slapping him, "Ow! What the hell?", he demanded. When she explained why she was mad he rolled his eyes, "I'm just the traveler. The others get to run around and fight for earth while me and you sit back and plan. I want to do some good on the front lines", He explained. He knew it was childish and stupid but it was how he felt. He also knew that he needed to be more careful. He wasn't sure if he could come back if he died and he didn't want to find out. He followed Carrissa out of the bar without another word.

Zeke eyed the snake cautiously. He knew what this girl could do but had never witnessed it first hand. Man, it was realistic. He had met her older version during one of his trips to the future and the things she could do when she developed further were rediculious. He was glad he was just a recruter and not one of thej fighters. He wasn't sure if he would be up to the task. When she asked about the future, Zeke took a deep breath, "Alright, your not going to beleve this but...(You know the rest)

Carissa sighed and shook her head, leading him to the med-bay, where she began to treat his wound. "Zeke, if you can honestly tell me, that when you go out there and do things like this, that you are not putting the fate of the team, let alone the entire planet, at risk, then I will shut up, and not bother you about it again." She said cooly, knowing full well he couldn't. "This whole thing relies on you. And you need to rely on me, which, means taking my advise seriously." She said in a softer tone. He really did need to start listening to her. He did things like this all the time, running around, being reckless. It irritated her because he kept messing up the future, he'd fix it again, of course, but you can only glue a vase back together so many times. "That's not what this is about, though." she said. "That thing I told you was coming, its going to come soon, very, very soon. You need to be ready. What you think is untouchable, indestructable, it's not. It's going to fall, and we can't be there when it does or we will too." She said, keeping her voice down so prying ears couldn't hear. She finished treating his wound and stood back, looking at him through her blindfold.

"The shamrock? What!?" Luck smiled. "Well, I best be off. I need to practice new illusions. See ya later." She got up from her seat and walked to her room.

( sorry bout super short post......)

((No, they're already part of the team. Only Isa isn't))

Isa blinked, slowly. She tilted her head to the side and frowned in bewilderment. "Erm... oh-kay?" The snake reared it's head and scented the air.

"He isn't lying, mistress," it said in a hissing voice. Isa nodded dazedly and blinked again. The story was rather unbelievable, but, then again, so were her powers. Plus, Lottie, her snake, was made to detect lies and Lottie hadn't lied to her yet. It was impossible to lie in the snake language, so Lottie just got used to either telling the truth or telling half-truths.

"Well, I guess I'll help you. Just wait, I'll have to pack..." She muttered. She put the snake back into the canvas and picked up a painting of a storage room before she began to dump other paintings in as well as art tools, sharp objects and her files. Then she dumped that into a bag. "So, take me wherever!"

Ryan merely smirked as he watched the birds stole the observer's notebook and clawed the pryo. That was good, it was going put the Eon off balance mentally, which meant the first strike was his. Once he knew that Pooch was in a relativity safe place, he booked it towards the group. The world seemed to slow down for him, his senses and awareness were in overdrive, but his goal was clear. The total and utter destruction of 'Promethean', the pyro Eon.

By the time he saw him, it was too late. Ryan leaped at him and pushed him to the ground, his strength quickly overwhelmed the Eon. The momentum however pushed them towards a nearby building, leaving a ditch in the stone behind them. As they collided with the building, whatever kept it holding on had been destroyed in the process, causing it to collapse on top of them. The group looked at the scene in a slight state of shock for a moment, just before the rubble exploded, sending its contents to the plaza.

Ryan merely brushed off the dust on his clothing and his hair before turning his attention to the group of Eons, an unnerving grin emerged on his face.

"Aright, which one of you metallic arseholes wants to die next!?" Ryan called out to them as he cracked his fists, before giving a small laugh. However, before he could act, he was sent flying through another building as a gigantic fireball collided with him. Catching a piece of metal, Ryan redirected the momentum to send him flying back to the group. As he landed, he lost his grin when he saw who sent him flying.

It was Promethean, and he just laughed as two giant fireballs appeared from his hands. However, he didn't have the claw wound on his face... That wasn't a good sign.

"****, he can bring himself back from the timestream!?" He muttered as he changed his stance when he noticed the other Eons surrounding him.

Edited by Lore_Master

"HOLY censorkip.gif" Pooch cheered in excitement as the building collapsed, sending chunks of concrete and shrapnel soaring. Crowing from her place in the shadows, Pooch cheered Ryan on, bouncing wildly back and forth as she watched her teammate fight.

Her smile faded quickly, however, once the Promethean emerged from the rubble unhurt.

"Oi, this is bad. Bad bad bad bad bad....." she murmered to herself as she raised her whistle once more. Blowing two short blasts, she directed the crows on the rooftop forward. Aiming themselves at the Prometheans' body, the crows raised a cacophony of croaking and screeching as they attacked him with their claws and beaks, blinding him and distracting him from Ryan as the Eon turned to beat at the birds; his fists singeing their feathers as they tried their best to peck and scratch at his eyes.

With a smirk which showed her needle sharp teeth, Pooch blew one long, sharp blast with her whistle, and the crows gathered in the square took flight; diving through the tangle of surrounding eon bodies to claw and peck mercilessly at their metallic hands and faces. A few eons had the presence of mind to draw their weapons, and sharp rays of light arced through the air as they attempted to kill the swarming birds, filling the air further with the scent of charred flesh and feathers.

With a scream of anger at the harm of her beasts, Poch leaped off the awning, snapping her fingers. With a roar that sounded akin to thunder, Wyrm seized his chance, leaping into the fray to tackle an armed eon, crushing its' limbs with his enormous body before closing his massive jaws around its throat, standing stock still as the Eon jittered and twitched beneath him, a pool of dark, metallic blood staining the street.

Glancing up at the fray, Pooch watched as an Eon split itself from the group; swiping a crow out of the air and to the ground with a pained squawk. Hissing, she scuttled backwards and around the trench Ryan had carved through the street; baring her teeth at the Eon as it stalked closer.

Edited by ChildeRolande

Ryan steeled his nerves as he readied for the onslaught. Several Eons had their guns drawn on him, and he doubt his regeneration would save his ass if he had to rely on it too much. However, Pooch came through when the same group of crows distracted the Eon. The Eon closes to Ryan didn't even have time to react as he twisted his head till he heard that sweet, crunch. Dropping the dead eon without a single regard, he felt a series of small pricks, soon realizing it was just gunfire.

Ryan thought it was cute that the Eons thought they could kill him with lasers. Picking up a small boulder nearby, Ryan chucked at one of the Eons, sending her forty feet away. It was than that he noticed Wyrm and Pooch taking out another one, this time the dog held onto the Eon like it was a dead rabbit. As soon as she retreated back into the trench, he felt an enormous heat wave. Soon, the sight and smell of burning crows filled the street. Turning to Promethean, he had just witness the result of self-ignition. Promethean was now on fire, and laughing as he stomped on a burning crow.

"Great, this is going to be fun." Ryan said with a laugh as he charged at the Eon, letting the flames burn him as they began to claw at one another.

Backing into the trench, Pooch bared her teeth at the oncoming Eon until suddenly it wasn't there. It was on the ground, sputtering as Wyrms' teeth sank into the back of its neck; Wyrms dark eyes never leaving Pooch as they shared a silent, knowing look.

Peeking over the cracked concrete that lined the trench, Pooch gasped and ducked quickly as heat rolled across the square, scorching everything in reach and softening the pavement as it rolled through.

Clutching her ears against the squawks of the burning crows, she screamed in horror as the Promethean stomped one underfoot, laughing hysterically as he surveyed the damage before turning to meet Ryans' advances.

Glaring at the fight through rolling tears, she wished that there was some way she could put the burning psychopath out. She hated him more than she'd ever hated anything in her life... He'd killed so many of her birdbeasts; laughing as he'd burned them all alive. Pooch hissed anxiouslyas Ryan and the Promethean scuffled, she watched as her friends' clothes began to smolder and burn. Ryans immense strength seemed to be wining the battle at the moment, but she didn't know how long that could last....

Heaving up the biggest rock she could manage, she pulled her small arms back to launch it at the Eon, whom was still laughing as he and Ryan clawed and threw punches, when suddenly; everything went silent.

Everything.

The weakened squawks of a few of the dying birds ceased, Wyrms' resonating growls stopped, and all the world seemed to ring.

Something enormous was blotting out the clouds, its massive metallic sides reflecting the suns rays as it floated forward; trailing shadows the size of a dozen city blocks in its wake.

It was a ship. An Eon ship.

Edited by ChildeRolande