padfoot

The Unlikely

Zeke pulled the jeep to a stop outside of what looks like the burnt remains of a trailer park. Zeke checked the fuel gauge. less than a quarter tank. Not enough to reach greener pastures even if there were any. He sighed and pulled the jeep into the collapsing remains of a aluminum trailer. It hid the jeep pretty well from the air and from the ground it looked like someone rammed the jeep into a single wide. It looked like that becasue that's what Zeke did. He killed the engine and grabbed his bag from the backseat. He gave Carrissa a look, "Alright, lets find a place to hunker down and wait for any kind of contact from the others", he said. without waiting for an answer, Zeke opened his door and got out. Ash undisturbed for months swirled around his feet with every step. On the far side of the trailer park there was what looked like a dry stream bed. That would explain why the houses on that side were in better shape. He rested against the back fo the truck to wait for Carrissa. He looked around at the expanse, hoping to see a figure in the distance. Red earth and pale orange skys was all he saw. The smoke from Nashville was slowly moving across the sky and threatened to blot out the sun. He hated this. they were so close to having a fighting chance. Thalia finally got the weapons they were hunting for for months, he finally was getting the team back together and they ralled enought surivivors to give them a fighting chance. It was all crushed in an instant. He spotted a intact double-wide not to far away and pointed, "thats our place", he decided, scribbling something in his journal.

Zeke's smile vanished when he stepped through after Kriino and found the bar collapsing in around them. He quickly grabbed The boy in a headlock and fell backwards through the still open portal as the roof came down on top of where they were standing just seconds before.

Back in Kriino's house, the sun was setting outside. His other self's timeline was moving faster than the time line he was in now so the short amount of time they were in the bar, hours had passed in Krinno's timeline. He pushed him off of himself and rose to his feet, "Well that was unexpected", he said calmly, pulling out his journal. Sure enough, there was the warning Zeke wrote to his alternate selves, "Well there has been a change of plans". Zeke snapped and a different portal snapped open, "After you. This time I think we will be fine", he said, still astcing as if nothing was wrong.

Surrounded by trees, Zeke and Sharvani were hidden from view. Zeke remember these woods. He had a bike hidden around here somewhere back when he didn't know how to move in space or time at the same time. He chuckled at her question when it was asked, "No. Where we are going things are a lot scarier than a crazy man in the woods", he said, 'And what is a TARDIS?".

Zeke went on to explain the situation and what he needed Sharvani for....AGAIN

A glowing light emitted from the ash, subtly glimmering. It seemed to be leading someone. ZEKE rang out, a silent call. It was high pitched and almost... Jingle like in sound. Navi came upon their encampment, but wasn't getting too close until she saw proof.

"Wait... Hoang, use Zeke!" Thian said, Hoang was suddenly Zeke and teleported them to the other side of blocked entrance. He was Hoang again immediately after that. Zeke's form wasn't one he like taking on because of some weird timey-wimey, wibbly, wobbly stuff, but he did when necessary.

"Let's go!" One of them yelled as they grabbed Luck and Ethan and started running.

Carissa nodded. She hadn't brought anything with her other than her snake-staff, which she grabbed before following him out. She could tell he was mad at her. But she didn't think he understood how hard it was to decipher all the information in her mind. She knew what was going to happen and how and when, but never knew what was okay to tell people and what was not okay. Telling people the future could change it. And sometimes the future she saw was because she had told them. It was like trying to drink from a fire hydrant. Or being pt in a library and told to sort the book based on how relevant the information they held was to a certain topic. If she had told him about it to early hen the timeline would've been screwed up, again. And that was honestly the last thing they needed at the moment.

The trio of coyotes followed the wavering tiretracks in the dust, and, cresting a hill, nearly tumbled over themselves at the scent of human. Immediately, they camoflagued themselves against the rocky, pitted earth,watching silently as the small group of strangers moved about their new metal den.

Suddenly, one of the coyotes stood to attention, his ears swivelling to catch a distant, high pitch tinkling before letting out a low howl...something, almost as high as one of Poochs' oft- despised dog whistles was calling for the male human. Pressing themselves tighter against the ash and hot earth, the coyote troup edged closer, their dust-caked fur rendering them nearly invisible. Waiting for the male human to distract himself helping the female, the three lanky coyotes quiety edged their way into the shadows underneath the trailer before circling Navi and sitting obediently as puppies in a neat row. They were sure that the bell-creature was a friend of Pooches'; as who else could give commands at that decibel?

Wagging their bushy tails, they waited for orders, listening distantly as the male human stalked by their hiding spot, his frustration leaving a nearly visible trail as he made his way towards his den, closely followed by his female companion, her veiled eyes sending a small shiver of unease through the closely packed canines.

Navi grew frightened and split into a ring protecting Steven, a sloshing sound emu sting as she went. Away! Go! they chimed, though if they did attack all she could do is make Steven a wisp too...

Zeke's head snapped around at the sound of the tingle. He squinted against the glare of the sun. He could have swore he heard Navi's voice. He looked back at Carrissa as she spoke. He needed to get them safe. He looked at the trailer and focused on the window of the trailer. He grabbed The Celestial hand and collapsed the distance between them and the inside of the trailer. The were suddenly standing in the living room of a dusty and quiet double wide. The ugly dark green material of the couch had a thick layer of dust that exploded into a cloud when Zeke flopped down in the middle. He took off his bag and pulled out a bottle of water from inside. He erged everyone to take on a habit of carrying survival rations at all times. To promote this stupid rule, he carried a kit round in his bag wherever he went. He took a swig of water and offered it to Carrissa, "See if you can ping anyone, stretch as far as you can.", he said to the floor. She needed something to keep busy, he knew it. So did he actually. He rose for the couch and pulled all of the open curtains closed all around the house. This plunged the house into a gloom that took a minute for the his eyes to adjust to. He opened the front door and drew a double spiral on the door with his ink pen. It was thin but visible against the cheap white door. That was all he could do. He was sure though that his team, if still alive, would slowly begin trickling into their new home.

Kriino stumbled back as Zeke pulled him out of harm, and looked around as they appeared in his house again. The sun was setting, even though he had only just gotten out of bed. He brushed some invisible lint and dust off his shirt, and stepped through the portal. He hoped this one wouldn't lead them to a death trap.

Sharvani breathed a slight sigh. "Well, that's a relief," she said, grinning. "And a TARDIS is something you can use to travel through time and space. I can't remember what it stands for, but I think it was something like 'Time and Relative Distance'."

Zeke smiled and followed after him. This time it was a little better, they ended up outside of the remains destroyed city. Zeke put his hand on his chin and opened his book, this was the place, but they were in the middle of nowhere. He sighed and looked at Kriino, "I don't see any of the other Guardians. Guess we move on till we find them", he said with a deep exhale. Unbeknownst to the war torn Zeke, Ethan, the Twins and Steven were standing a dozen feet behind him.

Zeke shrugged, "I just kinda....move in time and space freely", he said like it was nothing new. Who needed a ship anyway? Zeke raised an eyebrow at her after he was done explaining his mission to get her and take her to the future to fight against an alien race, 'Sooo....is that a yes you will come?", he asked, unsure, "because I will leave you alone if you don't want to come".

Luck startled as Hoang shifted into Zeke and teleported Thian, Ethan, and herself on the other side of the stone and concrete wall. She began running as soon as they were out of what used to be their safe haven but it looked more like Thian- or was that Hoang- was dragging her. Ash, dust, and smoke danced around her and every step that she took was just that much more polluted air filling her lungs. Some how, she kept running.

Ethan was shocked at the random shift of location, but he was grateful for the fact that it gave them a safer more reliable escape than anything he could do. He followed wherever the twins were going, they needed to get to the desert... Well at least that was what he was thinking for some odd reason. He did not object to partly being dragged by Thian or Hoang, it was just extra reassurance they would not get separated.

He peered ahead, seeing two figures through all of the dust in the air but unable to make out enough detail to identify the figures. He did however have a feeling that instead of veering off in another direction they needed to go closer to it. Could this have been his charm affecting him? It could also just be one of those random hunches he gets when on a blind hunt for something. "Hello?" he called, coughing directly after.

Carissa nodded and sat gently down into an old dusty arm chair, trying not to startle the dust. She adjusted her blindfold and stretched her mind, to they're old stronghold, pinging the minds she felt still there. She then went in search of other minds mentally. She sighed and leaned back in the chair. Annoyed by it's creaking she stood and sat on the floor in a corner. "Please be quiet." She told Zeke, just in case he felt like having any spontaneous outburst of shouting or anything.

Zeke, recognizing the voice, turned with a smile on his face, "Ethan my boy. I haven't seen you since you were deconstructed by an atomizer mine", he said, walking towards him. He wrapped his arms around the Gambler and looked down at him, "Your a young one", he said, stepping back with his hands on his shoulders, "When did Zeke pick you up?".

Zeke nodded, a habit he kept even though he knew Carrissa couldn't see him. He sat on the opposite side of the room and rested his elbows on his knees. Zeke pulled his journal out of his breast pocket and clicked his pen open. He placed it flat on the floor so he could write easily. He took a deep breath and looked up. The wall he was facing was now cracked and the space behind it ran on forever. His eyes shone from the power pulsing in his brain. Time energy does strange things to the human body. He was watching the timelines swirl around their own. The streams ripping apart and bumping together as Zeke's jumping around "frayed" the ends. He needed to recap. His hand wrote ferociously as information poured into his mind.

ZEKE Navi trilled, higher and louder than before. She began to rotate the lights around, hopefully confusing the dogs.

((BTW, sorry for not being on for the past few days, but I'm not really sure what to do next.

Also, Padfoot, Isa was talking to Zeke. I'm going to wait for her to get to the future before posting with my other characters))

"Since I was WHAT?!" was Ethan's first reaction upon seeing this Zeke. Being deconstructed by an atomizer mine didn't seem like such a pleasant memory to recall when reuniting with someone. When hugged he awkwardly hugged back, shifting his coin through his fingers twice after taking his arms back. "He grabbed me from before I met you... Or whichever Zeke it was I met first. Or maybe I did meet you already in some other timeline but not the one he took me from. How does this timeline stuff work anyways?"

((Lycra, how did Steven appear with Navi? : o ))

Surprised, the coyotes turned to each other, sharing a look of exasperation at Navis' panic before one of them trotted forward; levelling his large muzzle to Navis' tiny glowing body before wagging his tail and licking her, covering the tiny will'o wisp with drool.

Turning his head to stare at Steven, the coyote lifted his paw, placing it on the mans' dust stained coat as the other coyotes raised a single howl.

Across the whipping sand, Callahs' ears twitched, listening to the howls of her pack; almost indistinguishable from the wailing of the wind. Turning, she trotted back into her den to see Ryan, Wyrm and Pooch, waiting.

Five minutes later, all four of them were hurtling across the sand, sprinting towards the burned out trailer park on the edge of sunken Nashville.

((Sure Raven. We can never have to many characters))

Zeke still eyed the snake nervously, "Alright", he said simply after she had her stuff packed up. He turned around and rubbed his hands together. Reached out in front of him, he grabbed hold of the fabric of space with glowing hands. With one quick motion, he tore a hole in time, creating a window to the next timeline. He breathed heavy from the strain of holding the gate open, "Go before it closes", he said over the roar of the portal. He followed her through.

Once Zeke's feet hit the red cracked ground of Earth, he looked around confused. He seemed to have missed their mark. They were suppose to have appeared inside the bar in Sanctuary. He looked to the east and saw the burning remains of the safe haven in the distance. He paled and started leafing through his journal, muttering to himself. He did not notice the group rocketing through the desert.

Zeke frowned at his reaction. This was a young on if he couldn't even remember that. Ethan's timelines must be tangled pretty fierce at this point. So tangled it might start a storm. He shook his head, "Don't worry about that. What matters is that your here now", he said with a guanine smile. Ignoring his questions about the timelines, he looked at Kriino, "This is the newest addition to the team, Kriino. He is a bit goofy".

Zeke was too far into his trance to hear any of the racket outside the trailer. He was watching Ethan's timeline fray and reconnect at other points. All the jumping and pulling his dead friends from alternate timeline was doing a number on the time stream as a whole. Knots were forming that were sending cosmic energy into other perfectly good timelines and dooming them. he was going to have to be more careful. He focused on his alternate selves. There seemed to be two in the alpha stream with him. He could feel it.

(( Username: RavenWolf1010

Name: Roxanne Craw

Rebellion Name: The Shadow Walker

Period: During lunch hour in High School

Personality: Roxanne is a quiet person. She's quite serious, but they could be because most jokes are lost on her. Humor may not be her strong point, though leading and directing is. She has a dark and mysterious persona. As well as she tends to work alone.

Appearance: Roxanne looks like a typical teen, yet her apparel says otherwise. Often wearing her brown hair up in a tight bun, she also chooses to wear a simple pair of jeans, and a sweatshirt.

Power: Ability to shift forms (to a wolf of course).

Job within the Rebellion: Spy and Defense

Other: Roxanne doesn't get along well with anyone. She's not the friendliest at first, but eventually she will get used to your presence and even begin to enjoy it. Don't be put off by her foul mood, she can be nice. As far as love goes, well, she is quite stunning, but is immune to a guy's charms.

Yeah... I was going to go with Shadow Manipulation, but I went generic instead. tongue.gif ))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Kriino smiled at Ethan and gave him a thumbs-up. "Nice to meet you, I suppose. So where are we going?"

Sharvani grinned. "You bet I'm coming! I'm not leaving after all you've told me; it sounds like it'll be epic! And," she added. "If I went back now, McGlincy'd give me enough detentions to last a lifetime."

(( looks good but two problems. Your code name doesn't fit your powers and where did she get a armored morph suit in high school?))

((Well I could name her "The Wolf", but I liked Shadow Walker because she tends to walk the shadows, spying and such. And for the morph suit, her 'father' was a military grade weapons and armor designer, and she'd taken it to sell later after school. She had been trying to find out where she had really come from. ))

((Ok the code name is fine but I don't like the suit. It doesn't fit the rag tag group of survivors thing I'm going for. It would be useless against lasers anyway))

Edited by padfoot

((( Your accepted then. Would you like to start in your own timeline or already exist in the Alpha timeline?)))

Edited by padfoot